Widow Killed by Husband's Coffin

Started by Kurzyk, November 21, 2008, 09:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

First heard this on the radio the other day, driving back from the university. Hitchcock or King could not have written better.  :-\

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on November 21, 2008, 09:53:37 PM
First heard this on the radio the other day, driving back from the university. Hitchcock or King could not have written better.  :-\
Serling could have.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on November 21, 2008, 10:07:56 PM
Serling could have.

Yeah maybe, but from what I read, it would require very little tweaking to sell it.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on November 21, 2008, 10:23:29 PM
Yeah maybe, but from what I read, it would require very little tweaking to sell it.
Imagine if you will...

The Overlord

*best Rod impression*

...one final ride with her lost husband, a tribute to see him off the mortal coil and into eternity, has just taken a wrong turn: A fast lane that leads straight into...the Twilight Zone.   :o

Inkidu

Caity

Why was he being buried if he only died the night before? 

Chris Brady

Quote from: Caitilicious on November 21, 2008, 11:51:26 PM
Why was he being buried if he only died the night before? 
Yeah, this is what gets me.  He died of a heart attack, and they're all READY with the casket and everything?

That's excellent foresight, if nothing else.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

The Overlord

Maybe they don't mess around down in Brazil. Guy kicks, order a casket same evening, send them on their way...  :-\

ShrowdedPoet

I know alot of people around here already have that stuff picked out and paid for years before they actually kick it.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Caity

Quote from: The Overlord on November 22, 2008, 12:43:36 AM

Maybe they don't mess around down in Brazil. Guy kicks, order a casket same evening, send them on their way...  :-\

Maybe because of the heat?

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on November 23, 2008, 09:00:50 AM
I know alot of people around here already have that stuff picked out and paid for years before they actually kick it.

Sure... but still... Being buried less than 24 hours after you die?  That just seems strange to me.  Around here, people have to have autopsies, and wakes, and visitations, all that...

ShrowdedPoet

You don't HAVE to have those things here.  Unless the death is suspicious autopsey is not required and it's up to the family if they want the wakes or visitations.
Ons and Offs

Trieste

Autopsy laws are extremely loose even in the US... although they are getting better. For instance, if someone dies under the care of their doctor (some places require you to be in a hospital and some allow for you to be at home but under care) by the condition for which they are being treated, it requires absolutely no autopsy and the body is released to the family immediately in most cases. For instance, if the man had a heart attack 2 days prior, was hospitalized, then somehow had a second heart attack, he would have been released for burial, for which he could have already had his coffin and whatnot picked out ... and if the woman decided not to embalm him or have a wake ... it's not impossible. Unlikely in US culture, but not impossible even here.

Caity

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on November 23, 2008, 09:57:09 AM
You don't HAVE to have those things here.  Unless the death is suspicious autopsey is not required and it's up to the family if they want the wakes or visitations.

I know they don't HAVE to... But still, it seems strange to be buried so soon.  I think autopsies should be required most of the time anyway no matter what the presumed cause of death, that's just my opinion of course.  :)

The last funeral, really it was just a graveside service, I went to was in June and the person had died... 4 or 5 days before?  And there was no wake/visitation, and no autopsy needed, and he was cremated, so I'm not sure why it took so long. 

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Caitilicious on November 23, 2008, 11:13:02 AM
I know they don't HAVE to... But still, it seems strange to be buried so soon.  I think autopsies should be required most of the time anyway no matter what the presumed cause of death, that's just my opinion of course.  :)

The last funeral, really it was just a graveside service, I went to was in June and the person had died... 4 or 5 days before?  And there was no wake/visitation, and no autopsy needed, and he was cremated, so I'm not sure why it took so long. 

There are beliefs and stuff that get in the way of autopsies.  I personally do not think that they are necessary unless there is suspicion of crime or something like that.  I'm an organ donor so when I die it's very likely they're going to slice and dice me to pieces but not all people want their loved ones or even themselves to be cut up after death. 

There are a few circumstances that could cause a burial to be that delayed even without the autopsy, visitation etc.
Ons and Offs

Caity

I want to be sliced and diced when I die, too.  :P

Trieste

There are many causes that would happily accept your dead flesh!

Caity

Chris Brady

I was more surprised that they had a coffin already prepped for his size and everything.  Funeral services aren't cheap, nor fast.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Caity

For his size?  .. Don't they come in basically one size?  :P

Oniya

Nope, you can get little ones for SIDS deaths, big ones for the larger set...  And my mother-in-law has hers financed so that we 'won't have to worry when the time comes'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caity

Sure.. but barring an infant/child-sized or severely obese-sized coffins.. they're pretty standard... aren't they?