News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Tree of Life

Started by Valerian, June 22, 2010, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

In a little village called Dubrīs, a group of Keltoi from the Dumnonii tribe make their home.  It was a fine place to live -- the land was good for hunting and crops, and they were sheltered from both weather and enemies by their little valley and their wooden walls.  But the spirits of the land, the Tuatha Dé Danann, are capricious, and sometimes grow jealous of the mortals and the trust they have in each other.  For no one among the Tuatha Dé Danann dares to trust another for long.  They are experts at sowing distrust and betrayal, and sometimes, they practice that craft on any unsuspecting mortals that catch their eye...

Absinthe Tori
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mithlomwen
Moirae
Remiel
RP7466
sinera

Seanacha (1) (Historian) - A type of bard, the Seanacha specializes in tracking the lineage and loyalties of nobles and commoners alike.  This player may learn another player's role once per night, via a PM to the Bard (Val).

Niadh Nask (1) (Champion of the Golden Chain) - The Champion is a mighty warrior, trained in sword and spear, and fiercely loyal.  This player may protect any player from the night attack by letting the Bard (Val) know via PM who they would like to guard.

Druí (1) (Druid) - Once during the game, this player may use the secret, mystical knowledge of the Druids to test a player about to be cast out into the wilderness.  If guilty, the removal goes on as planned; if innocent, that player is saved from near-certain death alone in the untamed lands.

Keltoi (7) (Celtic Villagers) - Through the power of their votes, these players must try to save themselves and their homeland by removing the spirits in human form who mean them harm.

Bean sídhe (3) (Banshee) - Though these spirits, who announce impending death, often show themselves in the shape of women -- young and beautiful or old and wizened -- in truth, they can take on any form.  Under the guidance of the Morrigan, the Phantom Queen, the spirit of battle, these spirits sometimes live as mortals and can wreak havoc among the mortals.  For they do not always merely announce death; they can also hasten it along.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

It was late in the afternoon as Mithlomwen knelt down, tending to her herb garden.  The sun was hanging low in the sky, the air crisp and cool, hinting that rain was not far away.  Her hands patted at the rich dark soil, pulling various weeds from between the precious herbs, the greenery thriving under her loving care.

She straightened back up to glance around her, watching with curiosity the goings on around her as the various villagers milled around, all of them going about their day just as she was doing. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Remiel

Ach, noe, I cannae wait t'be doin' some caber tossin'.

<_<

>_>

I have no idea if I'm doing this right.

RP7466

His forearm begins to burn to a point of muscle failure as he swings his hammer one final time. The plowblade he had been making was complete. RP rotates his arm stretching and loosening his shoulder as he walks to the door of his shop. It appears the weather is about to turn.

"might be a good day for hunting"

He steps out the door and fills his nostrils with the crisp air and nods.

"ill wait till the rain comes, the rain will cover my sound and the wet ground will quiet my steps"

He pulls out a stool and sits outside, it will take some time to get his body use to the cold after spending the day in the heat of the shop.
Quote from: Remiel on June 24, 2010, 12:14:29 PM
Ach, noe, I cannae wait t'be doin' some caber tossin'.

<_<

>_>

I have no idea if I'm doing this right.
your not alone  XD
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile stands and steps away from the fire she’s been tending.  The contents of the cooking pot suspended over the flames fills her croft with the aroma of a rabbit stew that has been simmering for most of the morning.  A freshly baked loaf sits warming on the hearth stones heated by the glowing embers.  A taste of the broth tells Beguile that the herbs are just right; a poke with her wooden spoon tests the tenderness of the meat and vegetables which are close to perfection.

A wooden bucket half filled with water sits nearby.  Beguile pours the contents into the steaming cauldron sitting in the embers and heads out to the well to draw more water for the afternoon chores.  She smiles at Mithlomwen thinking to stop by and see if she has rosemary to spare and waves to RP where he sits outside his shop before lowering the drawing bucket suspended on a pulley over the well, letting it fill and starting to raise it with hand over hand tugs on the rope.

Zealously Jaded

Absinthe sat on the small stood by the front of her hut; slowly she picked up a handful of wool she was hoping to card some more before the light faded. Looking round she watched the others in the village, smiling she waved at everyone, before getting back to work before the rain arrived. There was going to be a large storm tonight, hopefully it would be gone by the morning, there was a lot of wool to go through.

Aiden

A cracking sound is heard as a beast of burden is motioned forward, a large load of dry tree branches forcing its hooves deep into the wet much of the beat down road. The raid had cleared enough and the man had to make sure there was enough fire wood in the event of a long term storm. He had been at work all day and was now finally making the final load into the village.

When it was all said and done, the scratched up and muddy man went visiting neighbors to see if any would trade a hot meal for a charred hunk of fire wood that would burn bright and long into the night to ward of the cold. As a single man, he had yet to take a wife and have someone tend to his house as he worked.

Ariadne

Sitting on a small stool situated a few paces from the entrance to her small home, Ariadne watched the rotation of the spindle as she fed it more roving. It was easy to get lost in this particular task as she pondered the journey this particular batch of wool had gone through and where it would end up.  It was a shift in the wind, a small drop in temperature, that made her stop the spindle against her thigh and look up towards the afternoon sky.
I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Kye

Kyrsa added the last of the ingredients to the pot that hung over the fire and left it there to simmer.  Another hour and it would be ready to eat.  Not a moment too soon if the changing weather was any indication.  She walked out of her home and looked up, nothing the dark line of clouds that was just starting to appear on the horizon.  With a sigh she grabbed a shawl to wrap around her shoulders as a cool breeze spread goose bumps across her skin.

Nadir

Eden strides out of hir (and Mar's) hut and strikes a pose. Completely naked and covered in swirly blue designs. "Vogue!"

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on June 25, 2010, 01:55:03 PM
Eden strides out of hir (and Mar's) hut and strikes a pose. Completely naked and covered in swirly blue designs. "Vogue!"

Marguerite watched Eden stride out, her hands covered in paint from helping to decorate Eden in blue designs. "I am going to wash my hands, try not to ruin the pretty designs."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Nadir

With a grin, Eden nods and is valiantly skyclad as shi goes about hir daily celtic chores

RP7466

RP stands and waves back to Beguile as the second chill passes over him

"should be acclimated now, I wonder if I could take a boar alive and start keeping stock"

He walks to his hut and grabs his knife and the rope coiled on the floor. He tucks the knife in his belt and drapes the rope over his shoulder as he walks out the door. He walks through the village and notices Ariadne working and nods. As RP makes his way out of the gate towards the forest he thinks back to his first Boar hunt, before becoming a warrior and still naive about the way of things. He laughs to himself as he thinks about the fear he had on that first hunt not knowing the countless encounters he would have with fear and death in the years that would follow. Those times make him appreciate being a simple blacksmith.

with a quick prayer to Cernunnos he makes his way into the forest.
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Kip

A rasping noise echoed around the village and those who heard it immediately knew it could only come from Kip.  Still in a deep sleep from the skilled display of imbibing from the previous night, his snores were even louder than normal.  Those around the village who were used to it knew that he'd stumble out of his hut in a few hours, red eyed, still faintly slurring his words and positively reeking of drink. 

Despite all this, he was a charming fellow.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Imogen

Imogen sat on a low stool in front of her hut, a half-finished wicker basket before her. A fresh pile of reeds lay by her side, ready to be woven into what would become a sturdy container. Bending the supple material around the basket's skeleton, her fingers worked diligently, molding the material to her desire. Occasionally, she raised her head and watched the villagers pass by on their daily chores, brushing a lock of ravenblack hair that had escaped her long braid away from her face.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Beguile's Mistress

The filled bucket was set carefully on a bench beside the doorway and covered with a cloth to keep the water clean.  A cool breeze carrying the smell of rain and the promise of colder temperatures.  Beguile stood and looked around the tiny village where she lived and watch as others went about their daily tasks of living.  It struck her how much they relied on each other for companionship and comfort in their daily lives.  Talents and goods were bartered among the villagers.  She milked her own small herd of goats daily and traded the milk and sometimes the meat and hides for food and other necessities.

The sounds of the village, conversations and quiet laughter, the noises of the smith at his forge, the animals that provided sustenance were often overlooked but this day they carried to her on the crisp wind.  The wind carried the smells of the village, too.  The aroma of meals cooking over wood fires and the fires themselves, the smells of animals and people and the changing of the season were offered to every nose. 

A man's voice urging his laden beast along the muddy road into the village caught her attention and knowing it was Aiden with a load of firewood gleaned from the forest she waited outside until he passed near and offered to share her stew with him in exchange for wood for her fire.  It was the way of life in the village she thought to herself as she looked to see if any of the others would welcome a meal in trade for goods or services.

sinera

sinera paused in the turning of the cheeses, using her apron to wipe the sweat from her brow and wondering idly if any of those city-dwellers who bought her cheese knew how much work and just how long it took for the darn things to ripen.

She moved the door of the cheese-house, hoping to catch a breeze, and smiled at all the people passing by. It was rather busy here for being such a small village. She liked it here.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Nadir

Eden twirls through the village, enjoying the cold air after a hot night with Mar, waving to various villagers, then trip into Kip's hut to steal an anachronism muffin and leave some willow tea beside the snoring drunkard, before frolicking home once more and presenting Mar with the hard won breakfast

Valerian

Inevitably, darkness intruded onto this idyllic scene, a darkness that was both real and metaphorical.  The anticipated storm rushed in as the sun began to set, and for several minutes it poured mercilessly.  Soon the rain died down to a steady, cold sprinkle, though this was more than enough to make everyone prefer to huddle inside their huts or beneath whatever other makeshift shelter they could find.  Somewhere, wolves howled, giving them more reason to shiver, and a pall seemed to hang over the valley.  Something was not as it should be.

The dawn broke still chilly, grey, and damp, fog lying thickly in the village.  Almost instantly, the inhabitants realized something bizarre had happened.  One little hut, that belonging to Nisien, one of their best hunters, was marked with some strange substance that glowed a very faint green.  Inside, Nisien lay on his bed, his body as shriveled and shrunken as though he had died of old age overnight.

All knew the stories.  These were clear signs that the Bean sídhe had chosen to haunt them, and they would have to decide quickly who they should trust, lest they all be destroyed utterly.

Absinthe Tori
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mithlomwen
Moirae
Remiel
RP7466
sinera

There are 8 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 3 Bean sídhe.

[NB: Voting for the first person to be removed begins now.  The top vote-getter will be turned out into the woods, to survive if possible.  The night roles (Seanacha, Niadh Nask, and Bean sídhe) will happen on the next night, followed by another player being cast out, etc.  Choose wisely!]
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Aiden woke up the next day cursing the wretched storms as it would only make his work harder, wet timber and muddy trails would leave him exhausted but he needed to gather as much as he could before the winters truly hit lest he wanted to freeze to death and have nothing to barter goods for.

Upon hearing words of the death of a villager he felt his suspicions  rise against everyone but with no true evidence he came up with a simple solution. Fourteen twigs were stripped and marked with a person's name before he tossed them into the air for the gods to decide who was guilty. All came raining down on the ground before him only one was stuck vertically, a sign of guilt? It was good enough for hmm...Remiel
(d14 came up 12)

He voiced his vote and went off to work once more.

Remiel

Remiel, the village idiot, hid behind a tree when he heard what had happened to Nisien.  When the others came by, he jumped out at them from his hiding place.  Then he began to sing and do a crazy dance.

"When a problem comes along, you must Kip it.
Before the cream sets too long, you must Kip it.
When something's goin' wrong, you must Kip it.

Now Kip it
into shape
Shape it up
Get straight
Go forward
Move ahead
Try to detect it
It's not too late
To Kip it.
Kip it good."

Remiel's crazy dance.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kip (2) - Remiel, Imogen
Remiel (2) - Aiden, Absinthe Tori
Mithlomwen (1) - Eden
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Marguerite (0)
Moirae (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, Beguile's Mistress, Kip, Kyrsa, Marguerite, Mithlomwen, Moirae, RP7466, sinera

There are 8 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 3 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"As compelling as Remiel's argument is, I'm thinking Mithlomwen has something Side about her."

Zealously Jaded

Absinthe calmly looks round, it is a hard decsion but she knows that someone is evil..."I believe that  Remiel is definatly special...he could be a Bean sídhe."

Imogen

"I don't know who has called this madness upon us, but I agree that Kip might have done something foolish in one of his drunken stupors." Although she had placed her vote with his, Imogen shivered and turned away from Remiel. The man was insane, touched by spirits or by illness - she wanted nothing to do with him.

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

sinera

sinera sighs softly, "It's impossible to know who's done this, but we must choose someone, mustn't we?" She looks down, biting her lip. "I'm sorry, Remiel," she whispers, and turns away.

At least they weren't outright murdering their suspects, like those before them had. Was this more humane? She didn't know. Perhaps others would be able to sleep at night, imagining their hands clean. She would not.
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Kye

Kyrsa hugs her shawl tightly around her shoulders as she listens to the accusations fly.  She stayed silent for a long time, pondering her neighbors, all of who she thought she knew well.  "Sinera's right.  There is no way to know who it could have been, we can only guess and hope that we are right in the end.  I'm sorry Kip..."

desert ashes

Moirae hesitantly emerged from her hut, her features mostly covered by heavy robes, casting her eyes over the others.  None seemed, well, to be part of the dawning horrors, but someone had to be named.  A guess had to be taken.  "Kyrsa perhaps...?"
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kip (3) - Remiel, Imogen, Kyrsa
Remiel (3) - Aiden, Absinthe Tori, sinera
Marguerite (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Kyrsa (1) - Moirae
Mithlomwen (1) - Eden
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Moirae (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, Kip, Marguerite, Mithlomwen, RP7466

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

The normal peace and calm of the village had been shattered by the death of one of them and signs left behind by the killer.  Going about her normal chores did nothing to relieve the fear and gloom that had descended on her and neither did the talk of who might be responsible for this violation.  Beguile thought hard and tried to decide which of her fellow villagers could do such a thing and covering her face with both hands she whispered Marguerite before returning to her croft to watch the bubbling pot containing a meal she knew she wouldn't eat.

RP7466

RP returns to the village with a boar, unfortunately it died in the struggle to capture it but it was a fine animal and would be excellent eating.
He looks around and notices the commotion and realizes it voting time again. He is troubled by the idea, no person stands out in his mind as of yet who might be Bean sídhe. He walks over drops the boar and votes.

"since I have no idea who is a Bean sídhe I vote myself. I would rather be cast out into the wilderness than make an uninformed vote that takes the life of an Innocent person."

He picks up the boar, slings it over his shoulder and walks to his hut to begin butchering the animal. He cuts the skinned boar into quarters and brings a hind quarter inside to cut up further as this was the most tender and the part he would keep. the rest would be traded in the village. As he cuts he thinks about who could be Bean sídhe.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

RP7466

There is a knock on his door, he opens it and is informed that he must choose somebody else regardless of his principals.

"Well Kyrsa and Sinera seem anxious to be rid of somebody without having any proof. Granted the village would be better off without the drunkard and the idiot that's no reason to cast them out, so I vote Sinera".

He gives the visitor a nod, shuts the door, and gets back to the task at hand.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Marguerite

Marguerite looked at the individuals who were out making their votes. She had gone off to wash her hands of the blue paint and returned to see the votes. She looked at each of the names and thought about who to choose. It was only the first night and how could anyone know someone else was a bean sidhe? Yet, a decision needed to be made and Marguerite placed her vote on Mith trusting Eden's own sentiment.

Mithlomwen

Mithlomwen looked at Eden and Marguerite in confusion, not understanding why they would suspect her.  "I am not but a simple villager."  She assured them, and then turned her gaze to the rest of the village and took a moment to ponder the seriousness of there being one if the dreaded Sidhe among them.  Not having any idea who that person might be, she closed her eyes and pointed, her finger pointing at Sinera.
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Remiel (4) - Aiden, Absinthe Tori, sinera, Moirae
Mithlomwen (3) - Eden, Marguerite, Ariadne
sinera (2) - RP7466, Mithlomwen
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Moirae (0)
RP7466 (0)

Yet to vote: Kip

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ariadne

Ariadne listens to the villagers as they voice their fears and trepidations as the day goes on. It was hard to fathom that anyone in their small community could do such a thing. But the evidence was there, plain as the nose on her face. With a sigh she adds her voice to the vote reluctantly.

Mith....

desert ashes

Warily glancing at the others, Moirae fidgeted a moment longer before: "I change my mind.  Remiel."  Surely it was safer to go with those who'd voted for the same person?  Still, it was just another stab in the dark.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Kip

Stumbling out, late and visually hungover as always, Kip leant against the doorjamb and looked at the groups forming.

"Damn Remiel and his caterwauling and stomping around woke me up.  Can't you let an oldtimer sleep when he is unwell?" he grumbled.

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Final Voting:

Remiel (5) - Aiden, Absinthe Tori, sinera, Moirae, Kip
Mithlomwen (3) - Eden, Marguerite, Ariadne
sinera (2) - RP7466, Mithlomwen
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Moirae (0)
RP7466 (0)

Almost too befuddled to realize what was happening, Remiel was cast out of the village with only the clothes on his back and a little food.  The wooden gates would be forever barred to him.  But alas, the hapless man was only an innocent Keltoi, no danger to anyone.  Perhaps tomorrow things would go better, but for now they could only sigh over their failure.

There are 7 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 3 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

RP7466

RP, troubled with the events of the last couple days focuses on cutting and salting the meat that he wouldn't use. One of the legs gets set aside for making a ham. He takes the leg, salts it, and puts it in a crock.

"I wonder if Aiden knows of any good smoking woods"

He walks out into the village and looks for Aiden.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

sinera

sinera sighed, knowing she'd chosen the wrong person. She wondered if the Bane Sidhe would claim another in the night, and wished she knew who to trust; surely there'd be safety in numbers... unless one chose poorly and slept with one of the enemy.

She double-checked her windows and the door-latch, though she doubted they'd stop an attack if she were the chosen victim that night.

Valerian

The next day dawned grey, with the watery sunshine doing little to pierce the mist and gloom.  The strange marks on Nisien's little hut had long since faded, but now fresh marks had appeared on another.  Moirae had suffered the same fate as the young warrior, and another innocent Keltoi was lost.

Absinthe Tori
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mithlomwen
Moirae Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 1
Remiel Keltoi, exiled, Day 1
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 3 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

"Moirae?" Imogen clenched her hands at her sides. "Who had any reason to raise a hand against her? I can't say for sure, but I think Marguerite had a hand in this!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Mith said a silent prayer for the lost soul of Moirae, feeling a shudder of dread pass through her.  There was evil among them this much was certain, it was just finding out who.  Agreeing with Imogen, she too felt that Marguerite was to blame for this.
Baby, it's all I know,

Nadir

"I'm sticking to my belief that Mith is far too beautiful to be human born!"

Kip

Kip was sitting back against the wall of one of the huts watching everyone hand out blame - the support of the wall was all that was keeping him up in honesty.

His gaze kept on falling upon Absinthe Tori - something about her made him suspicious.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Kye

Kyrsa said a prayer as well for the loss of a companion and friend.  "Such evil can not go unpunished... I must agree that there is something unnaturally beautiful about Mith, may she forgive me if I am wrong..."

Valerian

Current Voting:

Marguerite (3) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden
Mithlomwen (2) - Eden, Kyrsa
Absinthe Tori (1) - Kip
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Absinthe Tori, Ariadne, Beguile's Mistress, Marguerite, RP7466, sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 3 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

She glanced at Eden and Kyrsa and shook her head, placing her hand over her heart.  "I vow to you both that I am not the evil that has been set upon us.  I am an innocent in this, just as Moirae was, and voting for me will send another innocent to their death."  She explained, beseeching them both to believe her, as she was telling them the truth. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Aiden

Aiden heard as accusations were fired, his suspicion drawn as Eden turned to defend her lover after someone suspected her of foul play. On that hunch alone he suspected Marguerite himself.

Zealously Jaded

Absinthe walked slowly out of her hut, a pale as a sheet, the terror of unknowing during the night caused for little comfort… And now the accusations were flying thick and fast... “Must we all accuse one another…Can’t we seek a way to banish the ones who did this?” She looked round…

“But…if it will stop the madness I choose Mithlomwen if I am wrong may the Gods forgive.”

Valerian

Current Voting:

Marguerite (5) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, RP7466
Mithlomwen (4) - Eden, Kyrsa, Absinthe Tori, Marguerite
Absinthe Tori (1) - Kip
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile looked at each in turn but her gaze returned to Marguerite as her suspicions of the day before refused to be denied. 

"I feel it in my bones.  She's one of them.  I'm sure of it!" 

Marguerite

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 08, 2010, 02:37:57 PM
Beguile looked at each in turn but her gaze returned to Marguerite as her suspicions of the day before refused to be denied. 

"I feel it in my bones.  She's one of them.  I'm sure of it!"

"Your bones must be brittle to think I am Beguile and I am agreeing with Eden's vision of Mith being the one to take out Moirae." She shook a finger at Beguile while going off to support Eden with the blue paint. She trusted Eden and knew her choices were not off. "Eden knows all."

RP7466

RP looked around still unsure. Eden and Marguerite seem to follow eachothers lead to readily. When lives are at stake, we need to be thinking hard for ourselves.

I vote Marguerite

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Mithlomwen

Mith nodded at RP, and glanced at the rest of the villagers.  "Do none of you find it odd that both Eden and Marguerite have both voted for me twice in a row now?  Especially given that the first round of voting that I did not vote for either of them?  Why would I kill Moirae when I did not even have suspicion of her?  They both have shown that their alliance is to each other, and the fact that they have both tried to accuse me through two rounds of voting seems as if they are hiding something.  One or both of them might in fact be the evil that has settled in upon us."  She spoke softly, trying to get the other villagers to see the pattern in Eden and Marguerite's voting. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Marguerite

"You do know we can freely vote for someone without looking crazy. Did you not also vote for me twice in a row too, Mith?," she asked, shaking her head.

Nadir

"If there is any evidence you can offer up about another Mith, I'm willing to reconsider." Eden shrugs and slinks off to get hir blueness re-painted

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Marguerite on July 09, 2010, 11:10:50 AM
"You do know we can freely vote for someone without looking crazy. Did you not also vote for me twice in a row too, Mith?," she asked, shaking her head.

"No.  I voted for sinera the first round."  She said politely, pointing out that this round was indeed the only time she had placed her vote with Marguerite.
Baby, it's all I know,

sinera

sinera sighs unhappily. "I know not which of you to choose." She bows her head. "I say Mithlomwen. Let Ariadne choose between you."

She turns away, hoping Ariadne is wiser than she.

Marguerite

Quote from: Mithlomwen on July 09, 2010, 11:37:05 AM
"No.  I voted for sinera the first round."  She said politely, pointing out that this round was indeed the only time she had placed her vote with Marguerite.

"Then who was the one to point the finger first?," she questioned glancing back. "I am a bit busy with painting Eden to cause much mayhem."

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Marguerite on July 09, 2010, 01:27:33 PM
"Then who was the one to point the finger first?," she questioned glancing back. "I am a bit busy with painting Eden to cause much mayhem."

"Eden was first to point her finger toward me, with you the second person to do so." Mith said in answer to the question. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Marguerite (6) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, RP7466, Kip
Mithlomwen (5) - Eden, Kyrsa, Absinthe Tori, Marguerite, sinera
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

Seeing as it's against the rules to be prejudice against the first voter, how about you bring forwards something actually useful?

Kip

Bracing himself, Kip pushed himself up and stood swaying for a few seconds before taking the few unsteady steps needed to join the group.

Using his earthenware jug as a pointer, he gestured towards Marguerite.

"Seeing as my first suspicion doesn't seem of interest to anyone....  I'll go with another..." he said before being distracted by a bird in the distant sky.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Eden on July 09, 2010, 01:48:22 PM
Seeing as it's against the rules to be prejudice against the first voter, how about you bring forwards something actually useful?

"I'm not trying to say that I'm prejudiced against the first voter, merely answering Marg's question as to who it was who first voted for me."   Mith explained.  "Look, I'm not trying to start an argument, or a fight amongst ourselves, but I do have the right to defend myself, and I do have the right to try and convince people that I AM innocent.  I am sorry if either of you take offense to me pointing things out to the other members of the village." 
Baby, it's all I know,

Nadir

Not offended, I've just been lynched a few times for that one :(

Valerian

OOC: At this stage of the game, with so little information available, voting can be difficult.  The important thing is not to take any votes personally, and just try to relax and enjoy the game.  :)

I may be weird this way, but even after I'm out of a game, I still keep trying to work out who's who.  Sometimes I make spreadsheets.  *blush*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ariadne

The last to vote, Ariadne shakes her head sadly. She had come to see the entire village as her family and it hurt to know that any one of them meant any harm to anyone.

"It seems as if the decision has already been made...and it if it is the will of the village then I will vote accordingly. My sincerest apologies Marguerite."

Valerian

Final Voting:

Marguerite (7) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, RP7466, Kip, Ariadne
Mithlomwen (5) - Eden, Kyrsa, Absinthe Tori, Marguerite, sinera
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Whatever might have guided their votes, the villagers who had voted for Marguerite, at least, had no need to doubt their choice.  As she was ejected from the town and the gates closed behind her, there was a flash of light, a fleeting glimpse of a glowing shape vanishing into the trees, and a shriek of defeat, or perhaps pain.  For Marguerite had been one of the Bean sídhe, and now she could plague the mortals no longer -- or at least not for a time.

Absinthe Tori
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 2
Mithlomwen
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 2 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

RP7466

RP returns to his hut, the bickering in the village has put him on edge. As he hones the blade of his knife he begins to recount what has taken place, who voted for Marguerite, who she had voted for, and who to watch. The rhythm of the stone on the blade makes him drowsy. He runs his thumb across the edge, satisfied with the edge he sits back in his chair and drifts off to sleep.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Valerian

The next morning was still rather grey and damp, but there was still something less oppressive about the air that day.  And soon the cause of that feeling was clear -- there were no fresh marks of magic, and all the villagers were still alive!  It seemed their Champion had chosen well that night, and the Bean sídhe had been thwarted in their quest to claim another innocent...

Absinthe Tori
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 2
Mithlomwen
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 2 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"Kill the Consort next, Eden must be one of them!"
Aiden voiced his opinion before he went off into the woods to work.

RP7466

"Last nights vote has divided us, given the outcome of the vote there will undoubtably be a split among the 4 remaining. The association between Eden and Marguerite certainly raises suspicions, but I vote sinera. I'm curious to see how the 4 will vote"

RP rubs his shoulder as he walks away,

"I wont make it much longer as a blacksmith, I need to take some steps to start keeping pigs".

He looks for Aiden to see if he would trade salt pork for some strait limbs that would work as fence posts.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (1) - Aiden
sinera (1) - RP7466
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)

Yet to vote: Absinthe Tori, Ariadne, Beguile's Mistress, Eden, Imogen, Kip, Kyrsa, Mithlomwen, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile sat outside her croft plucking the grouse she had snared that morning, planning to roast them on a spit over the fire inside.  As she watched the comings and goings of the village she wondered if anyone had anything to contribute to a communal meal that they might all share the meat that would feed many of them.

She also listened to the talk about who the Bean Sidhe were and feeling luck that she had ferreted out Marguerite but wondering if her luck would hold if she were to let her suspicions fall on another, that other being Ariadne.

Imogen

Imogen heated a bowl of porridge over the fire and stirred until the lumps were more or less dissolved. Taking her breakfast outside, she paced up and down in front of her tiny hut, occasionally raising a spoonful to her mouth. Her eyes wandered over the village, briefly dwelling on the huts nearby.

"Maybe Sinera has something to do with the murders." She agreed at last, not sounding too convinced.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (2) - Aiden, Kyrsa
sinera (2) - RP7466, Imogen
Ariadne (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)

Yet to vote: Absinthe Tori, Ariadne, Eden, Kip, Mithlomwen, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

RP7466

RP leaves a note on Aiden's door about his interest in some posts. He returns home and takes stock of the meat that the pig had provided.

"may be enough for many people, providing some meat for a village meal may be a good gesture. Times are tough and a village meal/get together might help keep spirits up."

RP heads to Beguile's hut to discuss a comunity meal

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Kye

Relieved for the night of reprieve Kyrsa spent the morning contemplating all of her companions.  She had known some of them for her entire life, and could not find any evidence to sway her one way or the other.  It was with a heavy heart that she cast her vote for Eden, knowing that her own vote had been swayed the day before by Eden's. 

Beguile's Mistress

The grouse are nearly plucked clean when Beguile looks up to see RP coming toward her.  Now that the birds are completely clean inside and out they are ready for the skewer and roasting.  As RP nears Beguile greets him and offers him a seat beside her on the bench.

"Good day to you, RP.  I hope all goes well with you."  A friendly smile accompanies her greeting.  "You have a purposeful look on your face today.  Can I be of help in some way?"

RP7466

RP having always admired Beguile is joyed to be invited to sit with her, he smiles as he sits on the bench.

"yes you can, most times I see you in the village you are cooking and I see you have some grouse there. I killed a pig a couple days back and I was wondering if you had any interest in organizing some sort of community dinner? Times are rough and I thought it would be good to help keep everybody spirits up. Undoubtedly Kip has drink and I could go out to the woods and kill another pig if the one is not enough. What do you think?"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Aiden

Aiden returned that day with much more than firewood that day, an order for fence posts carried in a massive bundle on his back which he left at the household of the hunter who had ordered then. His back was done for the day and he walked over towards the well to pull himself up a bucket from which he drank and poured the rest over his head to cool him down.

Beguile's Mistress

"The idea sounds good but will depend on what others might have or care to contribute," Beguile replied to RP proposition.  Aiden came into the village at that moment, dropping a bundle at RP's croft and then heading to the well. 

Beguile called out to Aiden and repeated RPs idea to him, asking if he had any interest in a communal feast.

Aiden

Still rubbing his beck and shoulders to work the knot out as he nodded in approval.
"Besides the fire to roast the feast, the only other things I can offer is the various herbs and mushrooms I run across when I am cutting down timber."

Beguile's Mistress

"Those would all be welcome, Aiden.  Thank you."  They had a very good beginning to a community feast Beguile thought.

"I wonder how many others will care to join us?"  Would the Bean Sidhe dare to set down a table with the innocent villagers?

Mithlomwen

Pondering her choice in vote for a time, Mithlomwen finally settled on Ariadne
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Ariadne (4) - Beguile's Mistress, Mithlomwen, Eden, Absinthe Tori
Eden (2) - Aiden, Kyrsa
sinera (2) - RP7466, Imogen
Absinthe Tori (1) - Ariadne
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)

Yet to vote: Kip, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

Looking both forlorn and lost, the old woad smudges flaking off, Eden puts hir mark on Ariadne and slinks off to the cold stream to try and purge whatever magic Mar might have woven on hir

Ariadne

Ari watched for a moment as everyone cast their votes. With a heavy heart she knew that there was a greater chance of her her not living through the night. Still she cast her vote without misgivings. "I cast my vote for Absinthe Tori."

Zealously Jaded

The last night was tough to live through, she had spent the night worried that the Bean sidhe would get someone else, thankfully one of them was gone…it was a shame that there were 2 more monsters. “After much consideration I will have to say that I think that Ariadne, it is not because you voted for me…I have to follow my instincts…If I am wrong may the God’s forgive.”

RP7466

"You know where I am if the we have the feast, I will set the pig aside until I hear from you"

RP waves to Beguile as he walks back to his hut. He notices the bundle of fence posts left from Aiden. RP grabs the bundle and takes them behind his hut and opens the bundle. He takes individual posts and lays them out in the shape of the pen where they will be sunk into the ground.

"these are good posts, and will make for a fine pen, I'll give Aiden the ham in return"

After laying out the boarder of the pen he goes to his shop and gets his digging iron. He returns to the pen, takes off his shirt, and starts to dig the post holes.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

sinera

sinera wonders why RP has nominated her as one of the Bane Sidhe yet again. As far as she knows, she has never offended him...

"I choose Tori," she whispers, agonized that she still isn't sure of the enemies' identities.

RP7466

As RP works he thinks through past votes, more specifically who has been on the wrong side of votes. Last vote, 7 voted Marguerite who turned out to be a Bean sídhe, 5 voted Mithlomwen one of which was cast out and determined to be Bean sídhe, which leaves 4. First vote was tough because there wasn't much to go on, but two villagers where awfully eager to toss out others when there wasn't much information yet.

"I prey to the gods Ive made the right choices"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Imogen

Imogen watches the goings on quietly and lowers her gaze to the ground as she ponders. From what she'd seen of Sinera, there hardly was enough to sustain suspicion and when she raised her gaze, it was with new determination. Perhaps she'd been too hasty.

"I have changed my mind. I think my suspicions against Sinera might have been hasty and she is right in suspecting Absinthe Tori."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Current Voting:

Absinthe Tori (7) - Ariadne, sinera, Imogen, Beguile's Mistress, Eden, Kyrsa, RP7466
Ariadne (3) - Mithlomwen, Absinthe Tori
Eden (1) - Aiden
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile continued to watch the villagers as they went about their daily business of taking care of their needs.  Though distrust had made them wary of the comrades and none other than RP and Aiden had expressed an interest in a communal meal one stood out now from the others.  Absinthe Tori seemed to exude a miasma of danger that Beguile found it hard to ignore and by comparison Ariadne was looking more and more innocent.

Nadir

I'm changing my vote to Absinthe Tori

Kye

After much thought I am changing my vote to Tori, I pray that I'm right.  Please forgive me if I am wrong.

RP7466

"something's not right"

As RP continues to work he gets a nagging feeling that he has made a mistake. He puts his shirt on and makes his way back to change his vote.

"I change my vote to Tori"

As he walks back to his hut he begins to reconsider Sinera as a possable Bin Sidhe.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Mithlomwen

"I also change my vote to Absinthe Tori."  Mith murmured softly, praying she was doing the right thing. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Final Voting:

Absinthe Tori (7) - Ariadne, sinera, Imogen, Beguile's Mistress, Eden, Kyrsa, RP7466
Ariadne (3) - Mithlomwen, Absinthe Tori
Eden (1) - Aiden
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

The tide of the voting turned quickly towards Absinthe Tori, all her arguments coming to naught.  It was clear that she was doomed to be exiled, and arrangements were quickly made.  All those left watched anxiously as she walked reluctantly out the gates -- and just as had happened earlier, there was a sudden, impossibly brilliant flash of light, and then the woman they had thought was a friend and fellow mortal was no more.  Absinthe Tori had been a Bean sídhe, but now she could plague the village no longer.

They were that much safer, but they could still not rest completely easily, not yet.

Absinthe Tori - Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 3
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite - Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 2
Mithlomwen
Moirae - Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 1
Remiel - Keltoi, exiled, Day 1
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"The taint of the Bean sídhe weakness on our life...that is a true reason to celebrate tonight."
Aiden thanks Beguine and all those who contributed in the feast that night.

Valerian

The next morning, the village awoke with some hope.  With two of the evil spirits gone, surely they could feel safer at last.  Perhaps once again, no one had been taken during the night.

Alas, the news was far worse than anyone expected.  This morning Imogen was gone, the trees near her little house marked by the same sickly, glowing magics the spirits had left before.  But this time the loss was greater than ever before.  The golden sword and helmet near the spot proved that Imogen had been their Champion, the Niadh Nask, killed while trying to save another.

All at once, hope faded, and again the villagers gathered anxiously.

Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen - Niadh Nask, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 3
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile stood in shock before the house Imogen had occupied and stared at the markings on the trees.  She crossed herself quickly and superstitiously saying a prayer for the safe journey of Imogen's soul and asking for protection for the village.  She prayed for courage now that the others would realize that in spite of the death of another two of the evil Bean Sidhe had been banished and the innocent far outnumbered the evil.  Surely, if Imogen had be brave enough to face the Bean Sidhe on her own they could do so in combined force.  She stood and waited as the others began to appear.

Nadir

Eden ponders then vaguely gesticulates in Aiden's direction, wondering if there would be any intervention to saw hir mind as there had been the day before. 

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (3) - Kyrsa, Mithlomwen,  Aiden
Aiden (1) - Eden
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, Beguile's Mistress, Kip, RP7466, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

Kyrsa paces, still torn.  "I can not understand how any of us could be one of the Bean sidhe.  I have known most of you for years..." she trails off, a worried frown upon her face.  "I am sorry if you are not one of them Eden, but I do not know who else to vote for..."

Mithlomwen

Having gone back and forth for several days in indecision, she finally places her vote with Eden, and says a silent prayer that she's not voting wrongly. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Nadir

"You are wrong, very wrong! I'm only a slightly naked and quite blue villager who like to shag a Mar-who-is-more-often-than-not-eating-the-whole-village. I feel discriminated against for my sexual preferences, and if either of you ever want a snog from me again you should take that back!"

Aiden

"We do not care who you shagged nor the preference you had, you still acted as consort to the enemy and you can not be trusted Eden."

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (7) - Kyrsa, Mithlomwen,  Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, sinera, Ariadne, RP7466
Aiden (1) - Eden
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's nods and looks around.  How could Eden not know?  She must be one.

sinera

sinera sighs. "I'm sorry, Eden. Unfortunately one is often judged by the company they keep... "

Ariadne

Her relief at having been correct about Tori was short-lived.  She didn't believe that Eden was in collusion with the Bean sídhe even if the evidence presented was stacked against her... But their numbers were still dwindling and she had no clear answers. Ariadne would not sleep well this night.

RP7466

RP finishes his invention.

"this will be a fine end to my work as a blacksmith"

RP cleans up and realizes there is a vote to cast. RP's attention to detail and high standards of craftsmanship causes him to get lost in his work. He makes his way out to vote.

"I agree with the rest of the village, I vote Eden, Even if you are innocent I have to believe you knew about marg. And by not telling us that makes you just as evil as the Bean sídhe"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Valerian

And so Eden's fate was sealed.  Like the others, shi was bundled outside the walls with only what shi could carry, and left to her fate.

Unlike the others, Eden remained Eden, for she was in fact an innocent Keltoi.  The village had exiled one of its own.

Everyone wondered uneasily just how much damage one spirit could do.  It might be enough to destroy the town after all.

Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden - Keltoi, exiled, Day 4
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
RP7466
sinera

There are 5 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The next day dawned chill and damp.  Many were afraid to leave their huts.  But leave them they did, driven to see what other tragedy might have befallen during the night.

And indeed, one hut was again marked with those strange, eerily glowing symbols.  RP7466, an innocent Keltoi, had seen his last sunset.  Who could the evil spirit be?

Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
RP7466 - Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 4
sinera

There are 4 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Can we get some votes, please?   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile sat outside her croft leaning forward as she shelled nuts she had gathered in the wood.  Her early morning foraging had been for food as well as an escape from the village and the new of the death of RP.  He had been a fellow villager and a friend and anything else she might have wished for was now moot. 

Absently Beguile watched the other villagers go about their daily chores.  How could one of them be Bean Sidhe?  Did that person vote to expel Eden from the village and how could she reconcile with herself the fact that she had helped cast out an innocent? 

A decision needed to be made and never one to shirk from duty not matter how distasteful Beguile looked and listened and finally spoke a word.  "Kip!"  It was too easy to pretend to be a wastrel and constantly drunk.  Sighing she went back to her task.

Mithlomwen

Saddened by the death of RP7466 she sighed heavily and voted for Sinera.
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kip (2) - Beguile's Mistress, Kyrsa
Ariadne (1) - Aiden
sinera (1) - Mithlomwen
Aiden (1) - sinera
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, Kip

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Unsure who was what anymore, Aiden simply took a day off from his daily activities to clear his mind and go swimming. "Could Ariadne have anything to do with this?" He thought out loud as he sat on a rock and considered it further.

sinera

sinera sighed softly and ignored Mithlomwen's accusation. She knew herself to be innocent, but still wasn't sure who the Bean Sidhe could be. Finally she just guessed. "Aiden."

Kye

There were so few of them left, their small village having been devistated by the Bean Sidhe to the point that she was afraid to choose among her remaining companions.  Even after so much had happened it still boggled her mind that so many were dead and would no longer greet her every morning.

Her mind followed the same track that Beguile's Mistress had and she shook her head slightly and murmured Kip's name before returning to her hut to prepare a midday meal, more for something to do than from hunger. 

Ariadne

She wanders into the voting circle and places a scrap of paper on the ground without speaking a word then returns to her hut in silence. The piece of paper fluttered in the wind revealing a name - Kyrsa

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kyrsa (1) - Ariadne
Ariadne (1) - Aiden
sinera (1) - Mithlomwen
Aiden (1) - sinera
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Mithlomwen (0)

Yet to vote:  Kip

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

(I'm stealing a trick from Moirae's recent game and throwing in a random vote to keep things moving.)

1. Aiden
2. Ariadne
3. Beguile's Mistress
4. Kyrsa
5. Mithlomwen
6. sinera

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d6
Comment: Random vote
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Final Voting:

sinera (2) - Mithlomwen, Kip
Kyrsa (1) - Ariadne
Ariadne (1) - Aiden
Aiden (1) - sinera
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Mithlomwen (0)

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

(Die roll)

1. Kip
2. sinera

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d2
Comment: Tie breaker
Result: 2,
Total: 2

(At the moment, sinera is due to be exiled.  I'll wait to hear from the Druid before moving things along, however.)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

As sentence is passed on sinera, she holds up her hand and begs her fellow villagers to spare her a few moments.  She raises her hands to the skies, murmuring an incantation, and a wreath of flowers appears on her head.  Then everyone in the village realizes that they are looking at their Druid, and that they have been spared from making a terrible mistake in exiling her.

Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile stared in wonderment at the signs that proved sinera's true status and reached out her hand toward the Druid as though to absorb some of her magic.  The need to discover the last Bean sidhe and save their village still lay before them and she remained firm in her choice of a day ago. 

"I still believe it's Kip." she said.  "Please the spirits, I'm not harming an innocent."

Valerian

The momentary triumph of the day before, when the exile of another innocent was narrowly avoided, was forgotten at first light.  Further tragedy had struck, and struck hard.  For now it was Ariadne who lay dead, marked with the sign of the spirits: and Ariadne was no ordinary Keltoi, but the Seanacha.  The remaining villagers were now blind as well as helpless.

Aiden
Aridane - Seanacha, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 5
Beguile's Mistress
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
sinera

There are 4 Keltoi, 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

sinera

sinera paled as she realized that Ariadne had been taken. "Her last vote was for Kyrsa. Perhaps that was her way of warning us all..."

Kye

Kyrsa shook her head sadly, saying a prayer for Ariadne before she glanced towards Sinera.  "I would think that if she had known it was me she would have told those of us that she trusted.  I am not the enemy here.  I still think that Kip has something to hide, not me..."

Mithlomwen

Taking time to think about it, Mithlomwen finally settled on Kip and prayed that she wasn't wrong. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kip (3) - Beguile's Mistress, Kyrsa, Mithlomwen
Kyrsa (1) - sinera
Mithlomwen (1) - Aiden
sinera (0)
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)

Yet to vote:  Kip

There are 4 Keltoi, 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"I trust less those who gang up on one person, Mithlomwen you have my suspicions!"

sinera

"Earlier Ariadne shared with me that she believed Kip to be innocent. I know not if she knew this from her studies of history, or if this was just a hunch, but I'm inclined to trust her word, knowing now as we all do, that she was the Historian." She nods toward Kip. There are far too few honest Keltoi left.

Valerian

Final Voting:

Kip (3) - Beguile's Mistress, Kyrsa, Mithlomwen
Kyrsa (1) - sinera
Mithlomwen (1) - Aiden
sinera (0)
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)

Kip's fate was sealed.  Forced to follow those who had been cast out before him, the rest of the village watched anxiously as he trudged unsteadily away from the walls.  But alas, there was no reassuring sign that they had found the last dire spirit.  For Kip was a Keltoi, and the village was still unsafe.

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Kip - Keltoi, exiled, Day 6
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
sinera

There are 3 Keltoi, 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The village's plight was dire indeed.  Mithlomwen, an innocent Keltoi, had seen her last sunrise -- the spirit had taken her life during the night.  Now only four remained, and the mystery deepened.  Their Druid was known, but no one knew who else they could possibly trust.  And yet they had to decide...

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Kip - Keltoi, exiled, Day 6
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen - Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 6
sinera

There are 2 Keltoi, 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

To have to choose between Aiden and Kyrsa was tearing at Beguile's heart.  There was no outward sign she could use to see the evil that lay within one of these two she had known for so long.  Two fellow villagers, one of who was good and the other evil.  The added burden of know that if she chose wrong, if another innocent were exiled she was condemning sinera or herself to the Bean Sidhe's not so tender mercies.  sinera had revealed her true nature to the village but was vulnerable now because of that.

Beguile paced through the wood at the edge of the village and tried to make sense of what she must do.  Sinking to her knees with her hands covering her face and praying the choice was right she spoke a name.

"Kyrsa."

Aiden

Krysa!

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kyrsa (2) - Beguile's Mistress, Aiden
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Kyrsa, sinera

There are 2 Keltoi, 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

sinera

Again sinera feels she must follow Ariadne's last prediction. "Kyrsa."

Kye

Shaking her head sadly Kyrsa glances to each of them.  "I implore you not to vote for me, I'm not the one who has been haunting this village and killing our friends and family.  I can only tell you that I think it is Aiden.  Do not hold one random vote against me, after all if she had truly known it was me she would have spoken to you all in private to sway your votes then and save herself."

Valerian

Final Voting:

Kyrsa (3) - Beguile's Mistress, Aiden, sinera
Aiden (1) - Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress (0)
sinera (0)

All of Kyrsa's pleadings and logic were in vain -- the rest of the village was united against her.  Like those before her, she was turned out of the walls to fend for herself, with the few remaining villagers watching anxiously.

She took a few steps, then stopped, a pained shriek suddenly filling the air.  There was a flash of strange light, and then Kyrsa was gone, a wailing, screaming spirit left in her place.  A moment later, the spirit was racing up towards the skies, joining her fellows in defeat.  The villagers were safe!  At least until the next time the spirits sought to meddle in the affairs of mortals...

There are 2 Keltoi and 1 Druí.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Alright ladies...to the hut, we have a village to repopulate! I'll be there in a few!   >:)