"Report to Moderator" button on posts.

Started by Mac84, April 09, 2013, 01:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

I'm suggesting to add a "Verification" system to the "Report to Moderator" Function on the Threads. Using my Ipod/Iphone/Ipad to look over posts, on occasion when scrolling with my thumb. I would accidentally hit the "Report to Moderator" Icon with my thumb. Thus reporting an infraction where none is.

I think adding a "Verification" window asking if the person truly wants to report the post would help.

This way it would cut down on Accidental/false reports, and allow Moderators to focus on real problems.

Thank you for looking at this.

Oniya

Hitting the 'Report to Moderator' button brings you to a second screen where you can enter more information and then hit 'Submit'.  If you don't hit Submit on that second page, no report gets sent.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

The report doesn't go to staff unless the reason is posted in the text window and the submit button is hit. I don't think I have ever seen an accidental Moderator Report. :-\

Ninja'd by teh awesome one.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Mac84

If that is the case, sorry for wasting everyone's time. Please disregard this post then.  :-[

Thank you all.

Beguile's Mistress

It's never a waste of time to answer questions from members.  You've just saved someone else the need to ask.

Thank you.