Star Wars The Force Unleashed!

Started by Sabby, September 14, 2008, 08:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

It comes out in 2 days over here :) not sure if it out there already, but please no spoilies.

I'm really looking forward to it... I'm a sick fuck when I game, and the premise of pushing a guy as he staggers through his feet right through 2 stone walls pleases the killer in me.

Destiny Ascension

I'm still deciding, I'm very likely to get it. I'm really excited about the force upgrades and of course, how the story ends seeing as...well...how the movie plots went, and how the game will fit in.

;D
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Sabby

Haha, you have an Asari as your Avatar... pretty sure that makes you a Star Wars fan ^__^ (Mass Effect is very similar to Star Wars)

Its an important release, regardless of the theme. I believe simulation based gameplay is the next big step up, and FU has a lot of it going on... terrain and matter destruction, human motor system physics... its all very ambitious.

Revolverman

I'm worried it will fall apart under its own ambition.

Destiny Ascension

Yeah, Bioware(Who developed Mass Effect) also did KOTOR, a Star Wars game if I'm not mistaken...

Honestly I've never been a big fan. I saw the 3 first movies, 4, 5 and 6 in timeline order, and I saw the first one in timeline order, I forget the name now though, but I'm a basic sci-fi fan, plus the game just lokos RAD either way, whether it be a Star Wars game or not, it still looks great! :D
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Sabby

It does look very fun :) theres no good God of War style games on 360... FU doesn't really look like the kind of 'The Warriors' game I want, but it'll do for now ^__^

Revolverman

Sabby

Its pretty fun :) I wish there were more games like it.

Revolverman

I would ask whats the game play like, but this is isn't a Warriors thread

Sabby

your welcome to get my IM details in my profile :)

I've played the demo... it was short and kind of underwhelming :( but it gave me enough to look forward to the full game.

Revolverman

haha cant see your IM details yet since im not approved yet

Inkidu

I'm hooked I'm getting it before SPORE. The first commercial spot didn't get me but the second one where you see a bridge putting itself back together and it end up being the apprentice at the end blowing it apart with a force wave. I was like coooool... *Drool drool*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

King_Furby

Makes jedi knight 2 outcast look like garbage lol.

Looks really cool. The one thing i hated about other star wars games were the force powers were not dynamic enough, of course the technology didn't allow for what unleashed can do.

unleashed is coming out on every system, the force powers look huge. This is how the dark side should be. I will get it eventually.

ZK

It was a disappointment to me as was Fable.

Awesome storyline, everything else is so damn wonky.

How did I play it before? *pets her still existing GameStop connections*

It's also notoriously short.

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MagicalPen

I wasn't too impressed with it myself. Was at GameStop yesterday and thought I was playing the 'Demo' of the game, but was later informed (spent nearly 2 hrs talking to the guy there about everything games) that that was the actual game! I think it was the first level - skipped the tutorial - where you play as Vader. Nothing too spectacular, and is it really short ZK? I'm getting a new 80GB PS3 tonight since my 40GB is toast. Nothing but problems since I got it, and think the previous owner might have fucked around with it. Too much of a hassle for me to want to even deal with Customer Service, and a recent pay raise justifies me buying it. Not sure if i will pick up another game with it or not.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

ZK

If you don't rush it, six to eight hours. No reason to play again other then get the other ending. Game is relatively wonky, glitchy, and doesn't feel right.

PS3 version is more unstable then 360 version, although both version have pop-ups, graphic glitches of other variates and the dreaded slow-down and stop bugs.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Canuckian

Ewww.  And I had such high hopes for this game.

ZK

Revolverman

I am less then shocked it fell apart under its own graphical stresses

ZK

It fell more apart due to not graphical, but more so using experimental tech and linear progression on levels... A lot of levels felt like a paint by numbers portrait.. x.x I didn't want to believe the reviewers, but when my ex-manager let me check it out and I beat it in a day... yeah.

Revolverman

beat it in a day? not worth the $70 bucks

man I hate the Graphics first ways of modern gaming

ZK

I beat it in under 5 hours... so yeah.

Revolverman

5 hours? holy shit that sucks.

I like my games to have 100s of hours of gameplay

ZK

They don't have to be insanely long for me... just, enjoyable ride. Like fighting games, the game that keeps on giving... but yeah, in an action adventure game, I'd say at least ten hours for shortest duration.

Revolverman

this game sounds more like a tech demo then a video game.

a poor tech demo