News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Warcraft - World of Warcraft NC-Exotic game?

Started by Bayushi, May 14, 2008, 12:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayushi

For a couple of years now, I've played World of Warcraft, and it oddly enough, took me until now to think that it would make a great game here.

Like it is in the RTS Warcraft series, as well as the MMO, it'd basically be Orcs vs Humans, with the various elven subspecies, Undead, Tauren, and the like thrown in.

I don't think I have the time to run a game(at least by myself) like this, but would not be adverse to help getting one organized and set up/started.

Any thoughts on whether it should be freeform or follow a system? I have not tried the WoW d20 game, so have little to no knowledge of that.

Zakharra

*ears perk at the mention of world of Warcraft*

Muse

Mi'lord you have my undivided attention. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Alexander

as a player of world of warcraft, i am for this idea!

*Staps with Alexanders Seal of Agreement*

Myrnodyn

Can't GM it...but I'd be willing to join...

I think freeform would work best, but I haven't tried the D20 system so I really wouldn't know...

Kitikat

Another "Yay WoW!", as well as a "Vote for Freeform!"

Not quite up to GMing at the moment, though I might attempt to out of desperation if nobody else steps forward :P
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

DreadD

Sounds interesting.  With a side of "Yay, freeform"

Arlyn

Would you believe I've never played WoW?  Still, I am interested, and I'm sure I could do a little research so I know how to RP in such a setting easily enough.  I'd be up for it... and yay for freeform.

Temari Cruelty

I'd be willing to GM, but I need some time and general plot line spelled out...
I know I sound stupid asking that from a WoW RP, but you see,
I get slight confusion as to RPing WoW, and not playing it...

Would it work like a normal WoW game, as in we went Freeform, or what?

Then I need supporters too, ta make sure when I make it the thing will stay alive for a bit...
Disarm me, I will arise
Harm me, I will arise
Dismember me, I will arise
Kill me, I will arise
I am the one you fear;
I am the wilted rose...
I am Death

Kitikat

We seem to have supporters above, and so far the consensus seems to lean towards freeform.

As for storyline... well, I think it'd be easier to avoid the official storyline. I think we can assume the areas of land are bigger than pictured in the game itself... Westfall, for example, would have more than three farms, Duskwood is miles of dark, grim forest, and the Barrens stretch for what seems like forever :D

Plenty of space for our own bandits, conflicts, mini-wars and picturesque little towns, I hope :P
Ons and Offs and more!

Zakharra

Sigh me up, please. Is vanting to play World of Varcraft. Is most finest game, yes. *sage nod*

Temari Cruelty

Yes, that sounds like a grand idea Kitikat-Chan ^^

And I think that would make it more realistic, don't you? ^^
Disarm me, I will arise
Harm me, I will arise
Kill me, I will arise
I am the one you fear;
I am the wilted rose...
I am Death

Kitikat

I cannot see it working any other way :)

As for plotline... well, we need to decide about factions. Are we playing horde, alliance or both? Playing both against each other sounds fun, but also hard work for the GM, and one side will eventually need to 'lose' for one to 'win'... so that can be tricky.
Ons and Offs and more!

Zakharra

Myrnodyn

I'm up for either as well, though I'm more familiar with horde lore, and personally think that Horde has a much more interesting background.

Zakharra

The Horde hasn't been spanked like the Alliance has.

Kitikat

Now now, no alliance vs horde arguments here please... both sides have their deliciousness, and both sides have been severely beaten upon by various opposing factions, including each other :)

Actually, as this is our game, I'm sure we can come up with a plotline where members of both factions have been thrust together and forced to work together for the sake of the common good... much like the end of WC3? :)
Ons and Offs and more!

Arlyn

I like that idea.  Gives everyone a chance to decide their own true allegiance, and makes it much simpler for characters from both sides to interact in ways other than battling each other.

Kitikat

*nodsnods*
If our GM agrees, of course :)

After all, cooperation doesn't require friendship... and nothing is stopping both sides trying undermine each other, whether it be through mental or *ahem* other means ;)
Ons and Offs and more!

Muse

If this wasn't freeform I would so totaly be all over it. *sigh* 

Have fun, everyone! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kitikat

Dammit Muse, I do like your writing. You and your system thing. Botheration.
*sulks*
Ons and Offs and more!

Muse

Temari Cruelty

I love little twists like that!!

But alas, I am going to be jacked up for a bit, might be able to get on this weekend more solidly, but right now I am having a few troubles around the house!!

I will notify everyone in the appology thread if I cannot get on this weekend!!!
Disarm me, I will arise
Harm me, I will arise
Kill me, I will arise
I am the one you fear;
I am the wilted rose...
I am Death

Temari Cruelty

OK, I would like to get everyone's thoughts on plot...hmm...how should I do this...
I guess once I get the ideas, send through PM please, I will put up a poll or something like that, and we can see which one becomes more interesting.

I will be in and out on the week days, but I should be able to at least check in now! ^^
Disarm me, I will arise
Harm me, I will arise
Kill me, I will arise
I am the one you fear;
I am the wilted rose...
I am Death

Kitikat

PM sent :)

Btw, did we decide what 'level' our characters are at? I'm assuming we're all the equivalent of 70, and as such have level 70 abilities available to us (eg shadowstep, or flight form)
Ons and Offs and more!