Fable-town: New Beginnings [Recruiting two more writers!!!]

Started by El Maligno, December 15, 2015, 08:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garuss Vakarian

Sorry but my other character, Woody is already the woodsmen from the red riding hood fairy tail. I am however willing to take off the fact that Woody is also being the hunter from snow white. So that your character can be the hunter from that tale

Mellific

I love this idea for a group game, and am thoroughly interested.

Currently considering a slightly altered version of Little Red Riding Hood and working on a CS to send in. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

El Maligno

Announcement

Garuss Vakarian was kind enough to offer his help co-gming this rp with me and as this is my first attempt at being gm as well as having a hectic job, I feel it is my responsibility to make sure if something happens to me this game doesn't just fizzles away. I promise (as this is my rp baby) that I will do my best to make this rp an enjoyable experience. Feel free to share ideas or story arcs for your characters I would be happy to add them to what I have in store for you guys. I want everyone to have their time in the spot light and to feel a part of the "gang" so to speak. The attention and interest on here has made me so happy and I will be honest and say I did not expect the amount of interest and amazing work that you guys have so quickly put together and I would like to take the time to say thank you to everyone.

If you are finished with your sheets send them my way (So hanged your sheet looks good if you want to send it to me or if you want to do any other changes).

La Dame I like your Nala character so far once she is done send her my way.

Mellific I look forward to seeing your version of which ever character you end up choosing.

Guys in all honesty I think we have enough people to maybe get a game up and running? (Votes guys? Yay or nay?)

Garuss (Give me your personal thoughts on if we should start soonish; after we talk more about the direction we are going with the rp)

Also I would like to say that what you guys do with your characters will determine how mine will act/react. (Example: if your a person who always fights with Bigby don't be surprised if he treats you roughly; or if you are always ready for a session in the sheets don't be surprised if Merlin is constantly hitting on you trying to get in those panties....if you're wearing any ;) )

All in all let's just have a good enjoyable experience and If you are having a tough time with posting make sure to alert us because I have a small solution for that too.

I am still awaiting on two volunteers (just a little friendly reminder promise I am not forcing anyone at all) for BB love interest (female character) and a best friend (of sorts) male or female character (it doesn't matter).

Once I get everyone who is interested done with their sheets we can start this game pretty soon if everyone feels we are ready. 

Bekah Boo

I'm really excited for this story and how it will play out, with all the characters we have now it can be quite an bit of fun to be had (or fights whatever happens first).That said I can offer up Madeline for BB's love interest if you like, though I'll admit it probably wouldn't be right off the bat if not need some coaxing but the offer is there Maligno.

El Maligno

Oh yeah so I forgot to add this.....

Ok so there have been a few questions about The Nothing. Without giving any plot things away I will say as much as I can to clarify just what exactly The Nothing is. (Just know none of our characters really know what it is). If you want you're character to have had a face to face encounter with The Nothing know that they will need to have some type of psychological problem.

Use my character's as an example.

Merlin, a once wise, intelligent man, a paragon of good is now a man swimming in madness who has given up on life but is going to enjoy whatever time he has left with the     splendid joys of debauchery. (YAY DEBAUCHERY!!! ;D)

Bigby was a fearless, bold, angry hell wolf that never once backed down from a fight. He met the nothing and not only was he cowed into submission, he was forced into his weakest state (a state he'd never once used before) and completely changed his outlook on life once he saw true horror within The Nothing (He will have some problems but thats part of a plot twist so...)

The Nothing is unlike anything our Fables have ever seen. We don't know the why's or how's or even where this entity comes from. For your mind's eye just picture something like The Darkness (Please google if you don't have an idea) with a smig of that  Black smoke thingy from LOST.

Kinda twist all of these into one and you kinda get what we are dealing with. That said it is OBVIOUS that this is the polar opposite of us Fables.

As of now there is nothing to match the power of The Nothing. Magic from the most powerful of sorcerers (See Merlin's Bio for a example of just how strong The Nothing is), Excalibur was lost (Sorry anyone who wanted to play owner), some of our greatest heroes were lost (not sure who yet since we have yet to reach a full roster...I don't want to take anyone away just in case). So far The Nothing trumps all not even the Djinn with their "Phenomenal cosmic powers" could stop The Nothing. I want our characters depressed, scared (of the fact that every moment there is a seemingly unstoppable force hell bent on destroying them), and backed into a corner.

But don't worry....it's always darkest before dawn....The brightest of lights cast the darkest of shadows.....Depending on us our characters just might make it.

(Oh and BTW for BB love interest volunteers We will not be in a relationship right away it needs to eventually happen but the interest is there...we notice each other is what I mean to say)

Life in Color

Name: Snow White
Fable: Snow White, Snow White & Rose Red, Snow White & The Huntsmen (Getting the picture, yet?)

Age: Appears to be her in late 20's, maybe early 30's - don't get her started on her actual age.
Height: 5'5"
Faceclaim: Katy Perry

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Relationship Status Divorced - Single

Abilities:

Trained Fencer - At her own insistence, Snow White was trained in swordplay by her at-the-time, Prince Charming. Her skill became so great that it was whispered in places that she had murdered Dwarf brothers who were kidnapping local peasant girls - no evidence was found to convict her, although an investigastion was done by the Prince.

Extremely Organized - As part of the legal machine that runs FableTown, Snow is immaculately organized and ordered.

Intelligent

Near Immortality - It's probably impossible for Snow White to die, or stay dead for very long, due to her popularity as a Fable.

Weaknesses: Snow get flustered when there isn't a plan in place and her adherence to the rules often puts her into tough spots when dealing with the other Fables.

Reputation: Depending on who you talk to, Snow White is either an angel or the devil in high heels. She takes her position in the FableTown government very seriously and doesn't see a lot of wiggle room in the rules - especially when it comes to Fables who cannot secure glamors and wish to remain in the city. Everyone can at least agree that Snow White is loyal to FableTown and is always willing to put the betterment of the displaced community above her own personal interests.

Personality: It would appear that Snow White is a kind of a sarcastic and aloof bitch. Her position within the FableTown government leaves her little room to interact with the normal Fables. Snow is calculating and appears to be cold, but it actually very lonely. She is known for using her official power to put herself into places that she feels like she needs to be and doesn't mind crossing some lines as long as she feels like it's the right thing for her to do. Since coming to the Mundy world, Snow is trying to redefine what happiness and love look like - things she struggled with while she was living in the Homeland.

Bio:

The origins of Snow White are easily repeated - she was a Princess, found by a Prince, after spending a good deal of time at the hands of seven Dwarves. What isn't told is that her time with the Dwarves isn't something that should be repeated in polite company and that she was rescued, more than she was found. After being married to Prince Charming, Snow White learns to fence and takes revenge against the Dwarves (but good luck proving her guilt) with fire and death. Her marriage to Charming is disrupted by an affair, but Snow refused to let it be a negative turn in her life and continued to be an active member of the nobility in the Homeland.

The Nothing changed everything.

Snow White is able to escape because she is freed by a Fable that she does not see after being captured by those who are loyal to The Nothing. As a thank you to the fates that looked kindly on her, Snow White encouraged King Cole to grant an Amnesty to all of the Fables who managed to escape from The Nothing because they should all be allowed to lead new lives in the Mundy world.

Likes: Security, order, luxury (and all of the trappings associated with it - you should see her apartment), the company of others (good luck getting her to admit it, however), cleanliness, the democractic process, hot and pampering showers

Dislikes: Smoke, chaos, dirty places, lawbreakers, Dwarves, violence (especially sexual violence)

Note: I left part of Snow's Bio vague in case we do or do not pick up a Rose Red character - their relationships is too complex to not have some discussion over if someone chooses to join and play them.

Name: Nalayani the Loyal
Fable: The Mahabharata

Age: Ancient - her Fable is one of the oldest written texts in the world. She appears to be in her early 30's.
Height: 5'8"
Faceclaim: Priyanka Chopra 

Sexual Orientation: Straight (As far as she knows)

Relationship Status Single

Abilities:

Expert Marksman

Tracker

Near Immortality

Natural Leadership Abilities

Weaknesses: Solitude, Stranger in a Strange Land

Nalayani is a leader in all things, but she leads with caring and passion, and so there are very few who have anything negative to say about Nalayani. She maintains an exotic goods and spices store in a high class part of New York that caters to both Mundy curiosity and Fables who long to reconnect with their Homeland roots. This allows her to have a good of a relationship with the upstairs Witches as anyone not within the FableTown government can have: she mixes spices and sometimes they will enchant them for her with very specific spells - the Mundys who don't know better might consider her a New Age practicioner, but really she's just a good cook with some connections. Because of her legendary hunting abilities, Nalayani occasionally is hired by the FableTown Sherrif's office to help track down suspects who are extra slippery. This provides her with working relationships with FableTown's legal players, on both sides of the courtroom.

Personality:
Nalayani is an Indian fable, and since arriving in Manhattan has felt very out of place - she's still trying to get her footing even though she's called the city home for enough time to believe it. She is loyal, to a fault, and believes in the good of the group over the good of the single unit, which sometimes has put her at odds with the more selfish Fables. Don't let her kind exterior fool you, however, because Nalayani is one of the best survivors lurking around FableTown - she is extremely capable, independent, and has no problem servering ties with anyone who she might believe could hurt her. Nalayani's greatest wishes are to find someone who understands her and is able to hold her interests romantically, continue to be a successful storeowner, and to always be involved with protecting FableTown - the home that took her in after her own was destroyed.

Bio:

Not a lot is known about Nalayani. The lands that corresponded to India's Fables were some of the last touched by The Nothing, which destroyed her entire village, and it was only by her own skill that she was able to escape her locale under The Nothing's nose and make it into Manhattan. Since coming to Manhattan, Nalayani has kept mostly to herself. Unless you count her unpredictably successful Exotic Goods and Spices store that shares a block with other Fable-run, high-end Mundy stops, and her involvement with FableTown's law enforcement. If one was to look into The Mahabharata, one would find that Nalayani's tale is one of chastity and unbending loyalty - traits that Nalayani holds very dear to her heart.

Likes: Monogamy, romance, hunting, rain, community, honesty, her independence

Dislikes: Liars, cheats, thieves, selfish people, The Nothing

TheHangedOne

Hunter might be a good friend for Bigby. It also helps if Hunter has at least one person he can actually turn to (even if it's reluctantly). As far as character development and plot arcs go, for Hunter, at least initially,  his shell needs to be cracked open and he needs to actually become part of the community instead of being that dude on the outskirts.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

El Maligno

Alixandre Great sheets let me know when your second one is done and then send me them both in a message.

Life in Color

Quote from: El Maligno on December 18, 2015, 07:59:36 PM
Alixandre Great sheets let me know when your second one is done and then send me them both in a message.

Done!

<3

Mellific

Name: Rosalyn Harper
Occupation: Entrepreneur - Lil Red's Sweet Spot (Bakery & Cafe)
Fable: Red Riding Hood (Red Riding Cap)

Height: 5'5"
Faceclaim Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Fictional Appearance

Nonfictional Appearance

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Relationship Status Single; Divorced

Abilities: Baking - Rosalyn learned from the very best; her mother and grandmother. Not only did she decide to put her greatest skill to work for her by opening her own business, she also dabbles in potion and poison making and is looking to expand her customer base.

Daggers - Over the years, Rosalyn learned how to defend herself. Her preferred weapon of choice consists of knives and daggers, which she keeps on her person at nearly all times. An expert blade thrower, Rosalyn often uses her daggers for more than just self defense, including hunting.

Magic Caster - After the incident years ago, Rosalyn's family decided to learn more than one way to defend themselves, which led them to a collection of witch's who taught them how to cast simple spells and use magic to small degrees. Most of the magic that Rosalyn knows involves healing and casting protective enchantments, though there are a few more sinister spells she has mastered, as well.

Seduction - Sometimes a woman's greatest weapon, is her sex appeal. Rosalyn certainly has this, and a potent, intoxicating, allure at that. To those who she wishes to seduce, Rosalyn has an ability to influence them through sexual desire, as she seems to radiate lust, and knows how to use that to her advantage.

Weaknesses: Fable - Though they say that Fables are not easy to kill, Rosalyn is in no way an exception to this rule. She can take more damage than that of a human, even can make a full recovery after being injured, but she is just as susceptible to death as every other Fable out there.

Physical Strength/Depleted Abilities - Rosalyn is not as physically strong as others, though that is not to say she isn't physically capable of doing some serious damage. Whenever Rosalyn is injured or harmed, her magic becomes sufficiently weakened and tends to have less of an effect on an opponent.

Impulsive - Sometimes Rosalyn gets ahead of herself and doesn't think things through very carefully. Her impulsive nature can be both a gift, as well as a curse, depending on the circumstances.

Amateur - When it comes to magic, Rosalyn has the odds stacked slightly against her, considering there are no witches in her family or bloodline. Though she has mastered a few charms and incantations, this in no way makes Rosalyn an expert magic-caster.

Reputation: Working on changing her reputation has proven rather difficult. Many still view her as a naive, wide-eyed, little girl who needs protecting. However, over the years, Rosalyn has become rather capable of defending herself, all on her own. It is difficult for her to trust others, save for her family. She has a provocative and sultry side, but underneath it all, to those who truly are able to tear down her walls and expose her for what she really is, they might find themselves surprised by what they find. Rosalyn actively works to keep herself from ever being victimized again, refusing to be anyone's prey, unless it's purely based on a carnal, sensual desire.

Personality: Rosalyn is loyal to those who have earned it, and largely wary of everyone else. She enjoys living life on the wild side from time to time, but hopes to keep herself out of trouble. She can come off as being cold or distant, due to her nature of not trusting others easily. Sometimes a fear of commitment can creep in and causes her to ruin relationships before someone else has the opportunity to pull the rug out from under her. She can sometimes have a bit of a temper, along with a jealous streak, but due to her failed relationship of the past, she is largely afraid of starting over with something serious. Flings, however, are an entirely different matter. Then, there's the matter of Bigby Wolf... which is another matter, entirely.

Bio: Everyone knows the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Not everyone knows that the wolf who was presumed dead -Bigby- actually had not died. Not many know that the huntsman who saved her from a fate of death, would request for her hand in marriage, a few short years later, when she came of age. Even fewer know that the relationship between Woody and Rosalyn was anything but roses, fueled by his frequent, violent, drunken rage. After remaining married for a short while, Rosalyn finally confided in her family about the abusive relationship she found herself in and with their support, managed to file for divorce. Rather than allow that failed relationship and history of abuse to wear her down, however, Rosalyn refused to let herself remain a victim. She was not a wolf's prey, any longer. Rather than allowing the events of the past to defeat her, she used them as motivation and inspiration to get stronger. She didn't want to rely on the huntsman, or on any man for that matter. Instead, she learned the ways of magic and turned her craft into a business, eager to prove something of herself and change the world's perception of the naive little girl she once was.

Very few people remember about the tale, that Little Red was never afraid of the wolf. Rosalyn was brave, even as a child, and to this day she maintains that trait. She was never afraid of wolves and after enduring the harassment that Bigby inflicted upon others, upon her family, she sought vengeance. However, The Nothing invaded and forced them from their homes, thus changing everything. Perhaps even more than her desire to get back at Bigby for all of the trouble he brought upon her, was Rosalyn's yearning to help defeat The Nothing once and for all.

Likes: Sweets, Baking, Alcohol (in limited quantities), Flirting, Male attention, Secrets, Proving herself.

Dislikes Raving drunks, Abusive assholes, Being manipulated and fooled, Being pitied, People assuming she needs protection. 

Please let me know if this is alright. <3

Edits: Added an Ability.
Added a Weakness.
Tweaked a few lines in Reputation, Personality and Bio.
Added to Bio.
Added a Like.

O/O | A/A | MM

El Maligno

Cast

Madeline Adams (Rapunzel)- Bekha Boo
Reynard Fox & Woody (The Huntsman)- Garuss Vakarian
Goldilocks "Goldy"- Lustful Bride
The Grand Vizier/Rashid- VonDoom
Hunter (The Hart and the Hunter)- TheHangedMan
Snow White & Nalayani the Loyal- Alixandre
Rosalyn Harper (Red Riding Hood)- Mellific
King Oberon (A Midsummer Night's Dream)- Juggtacular
Bigby Wolfe, Merlin & The Nothing- El Maligno

SO far this is what we have I have a few more people that have taken an interest and have pmed me so our final count is not yet done.

*Right when I typed this Mellific posted so see we have plenty of interest :D*

El Maligno

Mellific I like your sheet am I am VERY glad that someone chose to play lil red as I now get to have a lot of fun with Bigby (Not that I wouldn't have had any but I have some fun ideas for us Mellific that will be awesome funny and everything in between)

One little note though everyone knows that it was Bigby who terrorized you/Red as he is the only one of his kind. Pretty much every story that had a wolf in it (especially a bad one) was him and there is no denying it. It will be something that will be a big pain in his ass as he is trying his best (and has been....mostly) to be a better Fable.

Mellific

Quote from: El Maligno on December 18, 2015, 08:38:39 PM
Mellific I like your sheet am I am VERY glad that someone chose to play lil red as I now get to have a lot of fun with Bigby (Not that I wouldn't have had any but I have some fun ideas for us Mellific that will be awesome funny and everything in between)

One little note though everyone knows that it was Bigby who terrorized you/Red as he is the only one of his kind. Pretty much every story that had a wolf in it (especially a bad one) was him and there is no denying it. It will be something that will be a big pain in his ass as he is trying his best (and has been....mostly) to be a better Fable.

I'm glad to play her! Especially with how I plan to do so. It should definitely be fun to see how things play out, and I've got a few ideas brewing in my mind as well. Who knows? A love/hate relationship might even be in the realm of possibility. I prefer to see how characters connect before promising mine as a love interest, so I'm, needless to say, very much looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops.

Of course everyone knows Bigby is the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood (and countiess other wolf mentions), I do hope that my bio doesn't make it seem as if I were speaking about a different wolf. If you like I can edit it to add the name 'Bigby' in my bio, and then send it to you.

O/O | A/A | MM

El Maligno

Na we are good Mellific I'm just making sure is all no worries. I think it is awesome to also have Woody as a coworker. This game is not only gonna be awesomely fun. It will genuinely be funny, sexy and drama filled...The things I have in store for you guys....  ;D

Juggtacular

From a dream of Fables wake do I, to a world not mine own.
I fought the Nothing to no avail, I could not save my home.
But fought I did, and fight and fight; no quarter did I give.
Sadly, this fair King was dethroned and had to flee to live.

-bows-

Greetings from Lord Oberon.

El Maligno

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241393.0

Here's where we can talk without making the admins mad. (Not that they got mad at us)

Awesome introduction Juggs! You're putting me to shame I shall have to up my game! :o

Mellific

Quote from: El Maligno on December 18, 2015, 09:20:32 PM
Na we are good Mellific I'm just making sure is all no worries. I think it is awesome to also have Woody as a coworker. This game is not only gonna be awesomely fun. It will genuinely be funny, sexy and drama filled...The things I have in store for you guys....  ;D

Which reminds me, I need to make sure he's okay with my background for our characters. I tried to keep it fairly open and somewhat vague so that we could find a way to work around it. Hm, I also should have mentioned something about the Nothing in my bio. >_>

But yes! I'm so excited for this. I will definitely be paying close attention for an IC thread ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Juggtacular

Quote from: El Maligno on December 18, 2015, 09:26:14 PM
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241393.0

Here's where we can talk without making the admins mad. (Not that they got mad at us)

Awesome introduction Juggs! You're putting me to shame I shall have to up my game! :o

Hahaha, not putting you to shame bud. It just so happens I played Oberon on a "Rise of the Guardians" board a while back and got really into the character. So he'll speak in rhyme and such from time to time...yeah that rhymed lol.

El Maligno

I will be sure to work things out with your bio. Just let me know of any changes you want to make so if you need to add anything just pm me your additions. Right now I am still expecting at least 2 more female characters possibly more so we shall wait a few days and then hopefully we will be ready. We need a few more female characters to round us out, though we won't yet turn away any characters. The interest for this is a lot more than I thought I would get. I am pleasantly surprised. I thought I'd have to wait a long time for this to kick off.

That is awesome Juggs because I have no idea how I am going to have Bigby work the magic mirror I am thinking of cheating and saying he's threatened and broken the mirror so many times it just answers his questions without him needing to rhyme. :P

Juggtacular

Quote from: El Maligno on December 18, 2015, 09:34:34 PM
I will be sure to work things out with your bio. Just let me know of any changes you want to make so if you need to add anything just pm me your additions. Right now I am still expecting at least 2 more female characters possibly more so we shall wait a few days and then hopefully we will be ready. We need a few more female characters to round us out, though we won't yet turn away any characters. The interest for this is a lot more than I thought I would get. I am pleasantly surprised. I thought I'd have to wait a long time for this to kick off.

That is awesome Juggs because I have no idea how I am going to have Bigby work the magic mirror I am thinking of cheating and saying he's threatened and broken the mirror so many times it just answers his questions without him needing to rhyme. :P

Well the offer of Oberon having been friends with the North Wind(Bigby's dad) and one of the few who was kind to Bigby still stands. He could give him a cheat sheet or something lol since rhyming is like, what Fae do.

El Maligno

I just might need that I like that idea

Juggtacular

Garuss Vakarian

Jugg: Thats assuming he wants to keep that part of Bigby's canon. Ie, North wind as his father and his mother Winter the white wolf. Right now he thinks he is the only one of his kind. So I agree it is something worth hashing out between your characters.

Meliffic: It is actually just fine. So no worries. I will pm you though, it would probably be a good idea to hash out her relationship with Woody as of the present. Does she not trust him? Is she on the road of forgiving him? He is after all trying to make up for his past of drinking himself stupid.

la dame en noir

Just a suggestion. Maybe add the OOC, IC, and Character Threads to the OP so that we can all access them easily.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

El Maligno

eh we can just twist things and say his mother didn't make it. I need him being the only one of his kind for a plot idea later.

Like I said somethings will stick others won't it's not gonna be the same as the comic or the game. I am taking us to places the Fables have never been before.