Marauder's Era Harry Potter : Dark Times Rising Recruitment (Need Canons)

Started by SweetSerenade, May 24, 2013, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowRian

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
If I can, I don't know how. Though I know colors are possible that aren't listed. Can you point me to said chart and codes?  Ooooh like that. Perfect! I just need a chart!

http://html-color-codes.info/

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

RainbowRian

~nods~ I think you can also make colors, but don't quote that.  If you ever need anything as far as links to things that would be helpful If I have them I will send them and not send you on a goosechase to find them.  :)  So many bookmarks..

Ember Star

Okay. With transferring of links, house profiles are complete unless y'all want anything changed/added.

I'll start on the adults ones tomorrow after I play with colors.

If you want anything different or added to them, pm me the info.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 11:45:43 PM
Okay. With transferring of links, house profiles are complete unless y'all want anything changed/added.

I'll start on the adults ones tomorrow after I play with colors.

If you want anything different or added to them, pm me the info.

The profiles are fine with the formats we have set up :D Don't worry about it. *bounces* I'll wait till you have all that done before getting OOC going completely. Dealing with a few mental issues.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Ember Star

Okay I need a third eye for advice. I want to change the primary color on Hufflepuff from black to yellow. I didn't do it to begin with because I thought that much yellow would be blinding. But maybe not with all the regular text that's going to end up in them. So! Look at the two colors below and see what you think, or if you have a third suggestion I'd love to see it.

Yellow one

Yellow two

RainbowRian

I will find a yellow easier on the eyes without being gold.

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 12:41:30 AM
I will find a yellow easier on the eyes without being gold.
Neither are those are gold. This is gold which is my primary in the G profile.

RainbowRian

Yellow one

Yellow two

Second is a bit golder. I like the first

RainbowRian

~Takes a deep breath~  I am very much aware that the two colors you displayed are not in fact gold.  I was stating, that I would try to find you a yellow color without getting so dark as to turn it gold.........

Might I suggest this...

Hufflepuff

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 12:49:59 AM
~Takes a deep breath~  I am very much aware that the two colors you displayed are not in fact gold.  I was stating, that I would try to find you a yellow color without getting so dark as to turn it gold.........
LOL, I just misread you. It's like 1am and I'm still tired from a late night last night.

Might I suggest this...

Hufflepuff
The only issue I have with using a glow as a primary in a profile is all that code. I have glows on the secondary colors. But the secondary only comes in at five spots vs the 25+/- places the primary comes in.
Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 12:47:06 AM

Yellow one

Yellow two

Second is a bit golder. I like the first
That's what I was thinking too.

Ember Star

I like that first yellow of yours. I think I'll use it.

Thank you for the help. I get so fidgety sometimes over stuff, it helps to bounce ideas off another set of eyes

RainbowRian

Okay.  Like I said before no problem.  Seeing the first yellow was not bad at first but reading it for extended time it gets difficult.

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 01:22:07 AM
Okay.  Like I said before no problem.  Seeing the first yellow was not bad at first but reading it for extended time it gets difficult.
Exactly. Which is why I didn't do it to begin with. But when I decided I wanted black for primary for the DE's, I decided I needed to find a yellow to work as primary for H.

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 10:38:06 PM
okay, so how do these sound for color themes

OotP; Red and black or Red and Silver

DE; Black and green or black and gold 

MoM: solid brown or brown and black

Witch: solid purple

Wizard; solid blue

I didn't want to cross colors with any of the houses but I have limited choices that work for each.

Wizard: solid blue

This is what I get for being AFK for evers... >.<

I like the Red and Black for OoTP and Green and Black for DE. Plain Brown seems more like the MoM for me. As for crossing colors using variants of these colors also works for me, since we've figured out how to do that now.

Ember Star

I've decided on red-orange (which is a fiery color to me) and gray (smoke color) for the Order, then a really dark green and black for DE.

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on July 18, 2013, 10:48:52 AM
I've decided on red-orange (which is a fiery color to me) and gray (smoke color) for the Order, then a really dark green and black for DE.

Nice! I approve (Since I hadn't wanted to say red/orange for fiery stuff)

SweetSerenade

OOC officially open!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180100.0

As a reminder, please move any normal conversation to that thread. This thread is now officially for recruitment purposes and discussion. To aid new players who have an interest.

SweetSerenade

Still recruiting characters :D The RP should be starting in a few weeks.

Ember Star

you should add the linky to the character thread to the top for direct access from here.

SweetSerenade

Actually, there is a link in the same thread that has the rules. I figure it'd be redundant to have them go to the character section, only to be told to go back and read the rules. XD

lore

Ember Star

Quote from: lore on August 01, 2013, 03:02:52 PM
Is there room for an Amelia Bones as a Huffle? :)
I imagine so. Although there's not enough cannonly known about her early life to even know how old she was when she died. But I think it's reasonable to assume she was around the same age as Harry's parents would've been since her niece was his age.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: lore on August 01, 2013, 03:02:52 PM
Is there room for an Amelia Bones as a Huffle? :)

YUS! :D I Was waiting for someone to ask for Amelia - or Mary McKinnon :D

You are more than welcome. Please send a Tryout to myself and Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff. Tryouts should be around four paragraphs long, a good roleplay intro. We want to see how well you grasp the character :D