Heirs to Creation - Exalted 3e Recruitment and Pre-Game Discussion [CLOSED]

Started by Winter King, October 30, 2015, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

NC-E sounds like a good place to put it. Starlight of course would happily use seduction as part of her methods but yeah, Exalted can be full of surprises and NC-E covers a lot of them.

Thufir Hawat

Well, guys, I think that by the Red Rule and what WK said, we can downgrade it to BON-H, though I am not sure whether that covers the Psyche Charms.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

AndyZ

The Red Rule, as per my understanding, is that you can't force a character into something where the player isn't willing.

This seems like it would contradict The Red Rule, but a lot of people are willing to play NC games even when their characters absolutely wouldn't be.

I played a game once where my character was hypnotized and seduced while under a trance, and we put it in NC.  I think Unnatural Mental Influence would certainly qualify there.

UMI is apparently now called Psyche, and it looks like Monk-Seducing Demon Dance and most other Charms aren't actually Psyche, so it seems moot.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thufir Hawat

The Red Rule reminds you that the GM is a player, and WK said the following.

QuoteMy own inclination is to say that I am almost 100% certain that rape will not be a part of this game - as in, depicted in any sort of detail. It will be a thing that happens and/or happened in the past, but generally, I avoid it like a plague, because dear god I'm not comfortable depicting it in any sort of medium.
Seems like Red Rule to me.

And yes, there are Psyche seduction Charms in Presence and Performance, so I guess you need to pick between Bon-X and NC-X early on, depending on whether anyone is planning to use them.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

AndyZ

...wow...it really does say that...apologies.  I'm used to the words "player character" being used to differentiate between PCs and NPCs.

Well, regardless, I'm good with whatever.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Winter King

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 16, 2015, 01:26:40 AM
The Red Rule reminds you that the GM is a player, and WK said the following.
Seems like Red Rule to me.

And yes, there are Psyche seduction Charms in Presence and Performance, so I guess you need to pick between Bon-X and NC-X early on, depending on whether anyone is planning to use them.
Yes, about the Psyche seduction charms... I think I would be uncomfortable with depicting them (in detail). I mean, I'm not going to forbid anyone from using them, but there're a host of things that just make me go... yuck.

At any rate, I'm inclined to do BON-H, at this point in time. I mean, Exotic means something non-humanoid, right? I don't think there will be anything with that qualification involved in sex. Probably.
Current Status: Busy-ish, but back. I'll try to check in more often nowadays.

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Winter King on November 16, 2015, 07:47:05 AM
Yes, about the Psyche seduction charms... I think I would be uncomfortable with depicting them (in detail). I mean, I'm not going to forbid anyone from using them, but there're a host of things that just make me go... yuck.

At any rate, I'm inclined to do BON-H, at this point in time. I mean, Exotic means something non-humanoid, right? I don't think there will be anything with that qualification involved in sex. Probably.
Lunas.  Demons. Elementals.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 16, 2015, 08:24:57 AM
Lunas.  Demons. Elementals.

Hm. Fair point.

Here is the thread

Just post your character sheets there now, until all five have been placed. I'd kind of like it to be easy to find. :P

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Well, I'm saying nothing about the plans of all of our sorcerers, but I find it better to overestimate players :P.

Quote from: AndyZ on November 16, 2015, 01:51:23 AM
...wow...it really does say that...apologies.  I'm used to the words "player character" being used to differentiate between PCs and NPCs.

Well, regardless, I'm good with whatever.
It was about time for people to get reminded that the GM is a player, too.

Regardless of the above, my character would probably be served even by Vanilla Human, though it kinda depends on the other side as well.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 16, 2015, 08:39:24 AM
Well, I'm saying nothing about the plans of all of our sorcerers, but I find it better to overestimate players :P.
Fair point. :P

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 16, 2015, 08:39:24 AMIt was about time for people to get reminded that the GM is a player, too.

Regardless of the above, my character would probably be served even by Vanilla Human, though it kinda depends on the other side as well.
Yeah, but it's probably best to be safe.

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Well, it's your decision now, just let us know when you post a thread.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 18, 2015, 04:07:03 AM
Well, it's your decision now, just let us know when you post a thread.

Quote from: Winter King on November 16, 2015, 08:31:42 AM
[snip]
Here is the thread

Just post your character sheets there now, until all five have been placed. I'd kind of like it to be easy to find. :P

There you go. :P

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!