Separate request forum for IM roleplay requests?

Started by Vekseid, June 15, 2009, 12:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Been receiving some complaints about these dominating the 1:1 forums, and it seems like a good category of requests to extract... any thoughts? Comments?

Trieste

Yes, please.

I would be willing to do the moving of threads if nobody else wants to, if this were to happen.

Autumn Sativus

Sounds a good idea instead of combing through them. :)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Cecilia

Yes.   I hate getting excited over a game idea only to see an "IM" preference near the bottom or hidden in the one and offs.  Separating them makes some sense.

Caeli

I think it would be a good idea to separate them.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oniya

Yes from here as well.  Since I personally won't start another game by messenger this would save me a lot of disappointment.  Either that, or combine them with the Chat Help\Games forum.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Greenthorn

I agree...give them their own category...but one problem you might wanna nip before doing so...

A -huge- warning about sharing IM information should be given considering the games wanted section is public.

Kurzyk

Lithos

Separation would be logical, nothing is more annoying than finding a good forum game idea when you are looking for IM game and vice versa. Then again for me it means double posting to two places, but that is easy - copy and paste are great things :P
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Xillen

I actually recall talking to some people that (according to them) had posted it on the Chat Help and Games board, but had it moved to the one on ones by a moderator? Note, Ionly heard it from them, haven't seen it myself.

Wouldn't Chat Help and Games be the appropriate board for this?

Oniya

If such a thing happened, it might be because the post didn't specify messenger/chat play?  Just guessing here - I've run into a couple on the 1x1 board where the messenger aspect was either tucked away in the O/Os or mentioned waaaay down at the bottom.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Haibane

Excellent idea. Gets my support.

There are a good few E members now specifying IM/IRC play only in their O/Os as well.

I haven't got a problem with this but... this is a community, or supposed to be and I can see from one users profile (who I used to play with but no longer) that they are very active here and login almost every day but haven't posted on the forums for a year. I assume they are playing via IM/IRC and use E for PMs and to make contacts for games.

My point is... is this a trend E wants to support and see continue or should Elliquiy encourage its members to play on its boards?

Can of worms perhaps but maybe we can discuss?