Hottest Girl Band in the World. (M x Multiple Females)

Started by Scarie187, January 23, 2012, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarie187

Hotourage is hottest girl band in the world. #1 on all the charts and on the cover of all magazines. They've achieved more in less time than any other band in radio history. Many attribute their success to their intoxicating beats, they're angelic voices, they're amazing bodies, and just general awesome stage presence. Some think its cause they arrived when the music market was weak and had no "super group." Whatever the reason maybe they are a household name worldwide.

Despite the fact that they are number one the bands history is a near complete mystery. They do interviews, they meet with fans, and they make many appearances. Yet whenever someone tries to dig up information about their past they can find nothing. The reason for this is that they have a deep dark secret that would bring their entire world crashing down around them. They've worked hard to keep it to themselves making sure that no one knows it for fear of what it might do to them.

For a full year they are able to keep this dirty secret, until he comes along. At first they think he's a fan a bit obsessive but just a fan. Besides a lot male fans know way to much about them. Despite the letters, texts, and other communications Hotourage never worry about him since security keeps him way away. However things change when he manages to stage an emergency in the arena they are doing a rehearsal in. During that time he slips in amidst the chaos and makes his way to their dressing room. After what seems like hours the band come back to gather their things and they find him there waiting for him. He tells them not to call security and then gives them the reason why... he knows their secret and he tells them he will expose it. Now they must decide what to offer him in order to keep him quiet. Is it money he wants, is it sex, maybe  both? Are they willing to give him what he wants or are they willing to pay the price for their crime?

The Secret
I thought it might be fun to have a few different secrets to play off of. So here is what I came up with. However I'm open for other suggestions.

A. They owe their fame in part in part thanks to a pact they made with Satan.

B. The original lead singer of the band "Barb" wrote all the songs and music and was going to sky rocket to fame without them. They killed her and burned her body in a dumpster. The songs they sing as well as the music with them is all thanks to Barb, and they have enough material to last for 4 more albums.

C. They are the vanguard of an alien race sent to conquer Earth. They are using fame to garnish the trust of the humans while at the same time learn of the different countries and their defenses.

D. The girls were all created in a lab to be "perfect." After years of experimentation the girls managed to escape and vanish into the night. They assumed new identities and became Hotourage. Now they use their fame to protect them. What better way to hide from the scientist then by hiding right in front of them?

The Girls
I dont think it'll be fun if I create the chars. I'd rather have the players create them.

My Character
I figured I would come up with my character once the secret and the girls are created.

That is the plot of my RP. I need a few people to sign up and we can get this rolling. Please PM if your interested. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your interest. Please PM or Reply here.

Scarie187

Scarie187

Empyrean

Maybe if you told us more about this band it might help. What skyrocketed them to such popularity? How much does the media already know about them? Some idea of the secret might help gather interest as well.

Scarie187

Thank you.

I'll give it some thought and add to this story.

Kathy Laa

This caught my attention.

If you have anything specific about the band you want in this RP, you should add it (favorite names, personalities, quirks).

A bit more information on the guy might be useful too, how he's approaching them, why their bodyguards haven't simply flattened him and thrown him in a ditch somewhere, little things.

The RP idea as a whole gives me a silly Josie and the Pussycats vibe, the girls running around trying to figure out who this guy is, how he learned about their secret, off on different adventures while trying to keep professional, but still stop him from his nefarious plans, and ultimately even after they win (if they win this time...) they'll be off on another frantic adventure next week!

Not to divert your concept too far, but what would you think of something like that?  ;)

AndyZ

Tentatively interested.  Not sure what I'll end up doing, but I'm thinking a drummer...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Scarie187

Scarie187

Kathy Laa

Quote from: Scarie187 on January 23, 2012, 12:37:04 AM

The Secret
I thought it might be fun to have a few different secrets to play off of. So here is what I came up with. However I'm open for other suggestions.

A. They owe their fame in part in part thanks to a pact they made with Satan.

B. The original lead singer of the band "Barb" wrote all the songs and music and was going to sky rocket to fame without them. They killed her and burned her body in a dumpster. The songs they sing as well as the music with them is all thanks to Barb, and they have enough material to last for 4 more albums.

C. They are the vanguard of an alien race sent to conquer Earth. They are using fame to garnish the trust of the humans while at the same time learn of the different countries and their defenses.

D. The girls were all created in a lab to be "perfect." After years of experimentation the girls managed to escape and vanish into the night. They assumed new identities and became Hotourage. Now they use their fame to protect them. What better way to hide from the scientist then by hiding right in front of them?
A) I doubt anyone would ever believe the guy here.  This is the kind of story that insane people always rant about when certain people have enough fame.

C) Same situation as A, but add that the girls are more likely to just kill the guy than put up with his attempts to reveal them.

These two could create some fun games in themselves, but the plot would take a sharp turn towards the guy constantly needing to make sure he's insane, possibly someone already taking meds, and looking for someone, ANYONE that will take him seriously enough to help him check out the girls.

D) A little bit harder to swallow, rising to fame is a process, and if they weren't recaptured during the initial rise, a quick and dirty "accident" would be an easy way to remove the girls from public eye.  Hiding their secret won't be an issue, since the lab that created them will undoubtedly already know where they are, ruining your guy's attempts to hold it over them.

B]  This one has the most potential, but it sets the girls as cruel bitches, since every day of their lives they know they're living on the fame of someone they murdered.  Although they are highly likely to fall victim to the blackmail, they're also likely constantly on the lookout to add a fresh skeleton to their closet if it makes their problem go away.

A simple variation on this could be that in their early days of getting started, they were on the edge of a new trend in music, something that several other bands were getting into (perhaps even just ahead of them), when unexpectedly, the other bands had various 'accidents'.  The girls only later found out that their manager (or someone else in charge) was responsible for the deaths, to ensure their band would get the full attention of the next big thing.

This sets them up as victims rather than murderers, but it's still a secret that would ruin their career.  The guy's tip-off and attempts at blackmail could even be what starts their group asking questions and has them find out about this dark secret.

Missy

I liked the sound of D, but Kathy's Bsounds much better IMO.

What's the posting speed you want on this? Cause I would like to do this (and many other games) except I can only positively promise to be on at least twice a week.

Scarie187

Kathy Laa your idea is great I really like it. I never thought of it like that. Clearly.

As for posting speed I have no preference.

AndyZ

I like Kathy's idea also.  The basic idea I'm looking at likely wouldn't have done any of A-C, although someone else in the group might have, even the manager.  I'm thinking more of an eccentric but playfully jovial drummer than someone cruel and conniving.  That may not fit in with the game, but maybe it's just more a personal idea.

Assuming it's the manager that is responsible for all the stuff, I could see something like that Scarie187 is playing the manager, who suddenly disappeared from the public after setting up all this stuff.  That way, even if the police ever found out about all the foul play that wasn't accidents as so thought, he's spent months or years covering his tracks and doesn't even seem like the same man.  Plastic surgery, fingerprint changes, what have you.

They wouldn't even know any of this at first, they'd just know that some guy knows everything and he doesn't look anything like the one guy who would actually have the information.  Of course, since it's Scarie187's character, I can't make it for him but I just wanted to give the suggestion as it came to me.  Scarie187, feel more than free to twist that idea and not tell us exactly how if it'd make for a more interesting concept and surprise.

I'll also warn that my drummer idea would probably be more willing to pay the price than to try to cover things up, unless the rest of the band wanted it secret and worked to convince her.

Actually, I just had another idea even if the other doesn't work.  Huzzah plot bunnies.

What if the girls had something done to them, whether a magical spell, a brain implant, or whatever, that suddenly made them so spectacular?  Maybe it happened five years ago during some common event, which all the girls slowly come to realize as they talk about it that they all remember it differently.  The guy coming after them would therefore be the scientist/wizard, who can reliably demonstrate that he can deactivate their talent, and maybe threatens to do so permanently if he doesn't get what he wants.

This provides the humanity, allows the girls to be victims, but also provides owing their success to something outside of themselves.  A similar vein would be that the girls were created to be perfect, had fake memories implanted which don't hold up under scrutiny (if they ever try to go back home, nobody they remember was ever really alive), but were deliberately sent out in order to garner up money, fame, and be the perfect test subject for this mad scientist's plan.

Really, I'll follow whatever, but I'd feel bad if I didn't share my brainstorm also.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Inerrant Lust

I'd been following this idea for a while...

Mostly because it reminds me of a certain hentai artist's recurring characters...

But I'm sort of turned off at the idea of it just being one guy we're dealing with. ;) There's something sexy about reverse groupies... the lead singer indulging in a gangbang with her hopeless fans... Maybe even during a concert.

Other than that... I'm still sitting on the fence... Hrmmm.

gsptGoddess

I could enjoy this, once the full plot is figured out. I agree with the others that Satan and the Alien are a bit out there, but since you want no recollection of them on paper, it would have to be something like...

Perhaps they're complete alias'. Like, say, witness protection program? Someone is after each of them because of a crime they witnessed or something similar and they got put into the program as a band together, everything about them having been changed. This would also allow for more male characters, as requested by Inerrant Lust, so that each girl has(or had) someone chasing them down, and this one man has all the dirt on each of them.

Si? No?

Scarie187

I like that idea. I never thought of the witness protection program.

I think thats the plot we should go with TBH.

AndyZ

Planning on Annie Day, the band's drummer.  Just a little bit crazy (she prefers to say eccentric, but more than one doctor on a TV network has used the word manic), she has her own wild way of looking at life, but underneath she's inherently a good person and fun to get along with.

Oh, and she prefers female groupies, but won't send the boys away.

AndyZ

JadenMystic

This game looks like it could be fun with any of the scenarios that have been suggested. I wouldn't mind playing a lead singer or keyboardist.

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Scarie187

I'm still interested in doing this RP but i am kinda at a loss on how to get it started. Kinda stupid I know but I'm just lost...

Scarie187

Scarie187

Hercinia

I may be interested in this if the band is a little more rock/metal and a little less pop.

Scarie187

Scarie187

Just revisiting this. Seeing if it can ever get off the ground.