Thundercats (Hooo~!) [Accepting 1 M and 2 F]

Started by Dark Deception, September 22, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

I'mworking on it DD Wish you had an IM that makes talking with you easier XD

Gods I haven't done a power rangers since Kirinis.. wait a mo.. *Goes to hunt that guy down!... And  make a damn good profile*

I vow to make the best damn profile for a ranger I have ever made int he history of my RPing life!
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

arikelillusion

i changed my name... owo its hard to think one that isnt to much like leon... LOL
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

bubby

*YAYS and hugs Ramael!*

Also, I've added a Chakram as Tigria's second weapon if that's ok?

AngelicBlade

Right well I fixed a few thing about my character including his name, his orignal name was japanese for steel xD

Dark Deception

Sure. It's fine. Kasura, this is the Thundercats thread. I think you meant to post that in the Power Rangers thread. lol  :P

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Ramael

I'll apply the finishing touches to my profile then if all seems in order?

Dark Deception

Dark Deception

Chakrams are fine bubby. As long as someone doesn't have the same weapon, anything is fine. Also, as long as the weapon is an actual weapon and not a hybrid of two weapons, then its fine.

Dark Deception

I was waiting for someone to choose Caracal. Those cats are like the Lynx's cousin. Another big cat that's strange is the Bay Cat. Hey arikel, how is your char's name pronounced? Leopira is a nice name too. I'm reading Leopnad as "Leo-p-nah-d" or Lee-op-nad. o_o

Saphir

Caracal~ And thanks for letting me join. ^.^

Name: Caraina
Race: Caracal
Height:  5'5''
Weight: 125 lbs  (57kg)
Visual Appearance:
Written Appearance:   Caraina is a petite cat with a slim and lean build . She doesn't harbor any noticeable muscles on her body. She's built more for speed than strength if anything.  Her tan brown hair falls to down to her shoulder blades. Her body's fur is wheat colored in contrast to her tan colored hair. Her ears have the Caracal's signature tufts of hair at the end. Her tail starts off matching the color of her hair and then fades into her fur's wheat hue and fading back into tan at the end of it's 3.5 ft length. Her stand out attribute would probably be her wide bright sky blue expressive eyes. Above those eyes on her forehead are two curved patches of tan fur, one on each side of her forehead. They're typically cover by her bangs and the tiara she wears.

Caraina doesn't dress like a typical thief. Instead she dresses in frilly clothing with puffy sleeves and even wears a jeweled tiara that adorns her head. On her hands are a pair of blue fingerless gloves and golden bangles worn on her wrists. Her dressing style could give the false impression of her being of an important high class family and that is exactly the reason she wears them. An attempt to open a window of opportunities and to be retreated with respect. Speaking of windows, there's a reason for the breast window on her top. It's easier to pickpocket if a male's eyes are focused on something else.  This is something she has learned.

Personality: Caraina has a cute, bubbly and hyperactive persona.  Yeah, mostly she is labeled falsely as just a ditz, but of course theres more to her than that. Caraina isn't stupid at all. She is a feisty charmer with  an ever present gleam in her eyes. Naturally, she uses this charm to manipulate whatever situation she's in towards her favor. Whether it's getting others to do her bidding or trying to wiggle her way out of a tough spot. She views herself as a sexy cat and proficient thief that is able to con  and scheme her targets out of whatever is in their possession that she's got her eyes on. Heck, even if Caraina is caught red handed, she will still smile knowingly that she will inevitably discover a way off the hook.

Although she is a thief who gets through life by lying and tricking others, Caraina is not at all a completely horrible cat. Sometimes she is even prone to perform heroic deeds. She doesn't steal because she wants to...well, okay, she does, but the only reason she steals in the first place is  because it's the only way she's known how to survive growing up. Those who actually spend enough time around her will actually discover that she is indeed a reliable ally and caring friend. It should be mentioned that she does have a habit of showing off the dark humor she possess under that cute and happy facade. It's also  really subtle warning sign in that Caraina shouldn't be brushed off or taken lightly because she's small and  isn't a typical warrior. If she wants to mess someone up and teach them that lesson, rest assured she will find a way to do it and it will be in a way to make the lesson stick to her victim's memories.

-Blue (The color. She LOVES it. Diamonds aren't her best friends, Sapphires are. )
-Night time
-Fine Dining (and ditching the bill of course)
-Cloudy days
-Rain
-Guys (They are easier targets for her...)
-Pineapple
-Performing
-Obstacle courses (As much as she finds herself bounding, leaping, and swinging to escape arrest, she's grown quite fond of such challenges)
-Jokes (A good laugh is always appreciated. Even if the jokes are bad, she will laugh at it for being so.)

Dislikes:
-Getting caught
-Jail/Dungeons (She's never been in one, but she dreads the thought.)
-Small spaces
-Bugs (HATES them.)
- Folks who take themselves too seriously.
-Deception (She may do it, but she doesn't like it happening to her. )
-Being dirty (while she's not afraid to get dirty, rest assured a bath will be taken as soon as the opportunity presents itself.)
-Guards (She does find herself escaping from them a lot)
-Rich pompous folks (And she loves pissing them off when she takes their pretty things.)
-Reptilian Mutants (Oh, she has a special hate for them...)

Quirks/Flaws: She purrs whenever she's hugged and she can't help it. After losing her parents at a young age, she appreciates any kind of compassion she receives. She likes the warm feeling it gives. She's also a klepto for nearly anything blue. Hell, she'd probably even take someone's blue eyes from their sockets if it wasn't so creepy and gross. She's also claustrophobic. Trap her in a tiny area and she will freak out. She will also freak out if a bug crawls on her.

Talents: She's an exceptional gymnast, and because she is a thief, naturally, she's stealthy and good at swiping things. Her charm can also be a gift too as well as her ability to wield daggers. She's a pretty good fighter. She may not be as good as those who have been formerly trained and disciplined in martial arts, but she knows how to use her skills and wits to hold her own long enough to make an escape. She's got a nice set of pipes too that allows her to sing beautifully and a graceful set of arms and legs that makes her a good dancer. If she's not stealing, she will perform on the streets to actually earn her money....but stealing is preferred as comes with more thrills and earns her more stuff.

Background:  Caraina once belonged to a well established family. While they weren't extremely wealthy, they were at least of upper middle class status. Her parents had a love of traveling the world, which provided a fascinating life in her younger years.  While camping outside the kingdom of Thundera. Their camp was approached by a group of lizard mutant bandits. Listening to her mother's advice to hide, Caraina hid up in a tree. Only at the tender age of 9, she watched the savage murdering of her mother and father. A seed of hate for the mutant race was planted in her that day.

Caraina found her way back to Thundera, as it was not located too far from where her family had taken their last vacation. And so she  used the only talent she knew to survive: stealing.  She started out by just stealing small things. Just food so she wouldn't starve and as she grew older, she moved on to swiping more precious items. The very daggers she carries with her today were part of her more daring thefts, which she pulled on a palace guard. A her courage grew, she began to even break into the King's palace for items.

Naturally, with the palace and other places being heavily guarded, Caraina had her run ins with soldiers. She didn't just learn how to steal, but she learned how to fight. Now her days are pretty much spent stealing and trying to avoid jail.

Weapon(s): Twin Daggers; Katars

Special Ability: Acrobatics. Yes, she has daggers on hand but her gymnast skills is her true weapon in fights and being able to evade capture. Her motor skills are superb and allow her to flip, bend and swing flawlessly making her able to dodge most normal attacks and objects with relative ease. She hardly blocks punches and kicks when her body is flexible and quick enough to just bend backward to avoid it or just flip away completely.

Style: Caraina spends more of her time running away from a fight than actually participating in them. However, when the time does come for her to fight, her style can almost be described as more of a dance with Her graceful movements. She likes to incorporate a lot of flips in her moves. If she ends a flip kick on the floor in a split, it's not her showing off, it's just how she fights. Since she doesn't have the muscle mass to inflict heavy damage with her punches and kicks, she spends most of her time just dodging until her opponent is exhausted.  When she wants to inflict serious damage, that is usually when her daggers come into play. Caraina also uses her surroundings. Running up walls and jumping onto and off of objects in her surrounding is a common thing in her fighting since she pretty much does it on a daily basis.

Mr Self Destruct

I added a barbed whip as Panthrix's secondary weapon.  Will that work?

Karasu

I'm almost finished with my male lion, working with teh female lion to make sure our profiles match XD

Dark Deception

Dark Clown: That'll be fine.

Karasu: Sounds good.

I'm going to give my cat claws  ::), extendable ones.

Dark Deception

Quote from: Ramael on September 28, 2011, 06:03:27 AM
Hoshit. Didn't realise I was up on the reserves list. Working on a profile naow.

Name: Tigrus, Tiggle, "The Orange Howler"
Race: Tiger
Weight: 85 kg
Height: 6'0

Appearance:

Personality
Likes: Drama, flair, glorious combat, good jokes, bad jokes, his armour, the good life.
Dislikes: Poverty, mundanity, being bored, being told "no", having his ribs broken.

Quirks/Flaws: After a year or so spent on the gladitorial circuit, Tigrus has picked up many skills in fighting, but still hasn't come across "real" combat. He lacks experience in front-line battles, and although he's seen a few temporary comrades die of their wounds in the arenas, hasn't suffered the pain of seeing a true friend die on the battlefield. Thus, he has a certain amount of arrogance that gets tiresome when coupled with his lack of "real" combat experience. He also has no idea of how to deal with money, having been born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Talents: Tigrus can pull off a blindingly savage offensive attack and at the same time throw puns that would stun even mutants. He's a wonderful people person, knowing exactly how to work a crowd, knowing how to bluff accurately, and how to get people "on-side", even if it's at the cost of his own dignity. He's also a competent fighter, and is perfectly capable of taking on one or multiple foes, but would struggle alone against a deadly and merciless enemy.

Occupation: Playboy/ex-prizefighter, friend of the Royal family.

Background: Tigrus has had a great life. Being born to one of the wealthy families of Thundera whom have good ties with the Royal family, you could say he's had it easy. Used to a life of luxury and everything he could have ever wanted, it was natural for him in his teenage years to yearn for something different, something harder, just to tick his rich and well-meaning parents off.

That thing was gladiatorial combat.

Suiting Tigrus's flair for drama and danger, the young tiger sought initiation into various low-level games, and used his hefty allowances to persuade the organisers. Although he had benefitted from various expensive gymnasiums, he wasn't exactly prize-fighter level, and neither did he have much natural experience with weapons, like so many of the other famous fighters. To this end, he commissioned various pieces of armour, gauntlets, gloves, boots, all made of a lightweight but sturdy metal. Clad in this fighter's gear, Tigrus took to the games with gusto. He was good, his expensive personal trainers, diet and flashy armour giving him an advantage, but he lost various fights and contests to other gladiators that were far more experienced than he. It was in one of these losses when Tigrus, frustrated, beaten and tired, let rip on his victorious opponent, his black humour and razor-wit called down every insult under the sun. When the crowd roared in unexpected laughter, Tigrus seized on this, and made it a cornerstone of every game, whether he lost or won.

His big mouth was a unique selling point, a tonic to most of the grim and dour combatants the crowd were used to seeing. Every fight turned into a spectacle at some point, Tigrus, or the "Orange Howler" as the spectators were now calling him, taking every oppurtunity to barb his opponent verbally, or make some light-hearted joke about the Royal family, or his own lack of experience, whatever, to get the crowd laughing and on his side once more. Thus, even when the "Orange Howler" lost a fight, he was almost guaranteed a spot in the next round regardless, because he kept the entertainment level high.

After a vicious bout of semi-finals, Tigrus had taken a severe beating, the pain and a few broken ribs being too much for even the Orange Howler to make jokes about. After this, his by-now fraught and angry parents managed to persuade their son to stop in his little fame stint, having proved his point that he was both a competent fighter and an annoying loud-mouthed little kit.

Tigrus took a break. He took his earnings and for a year, spent them on rich living, treating his friends well and splashing out on expensive meals for his fans (not to mention lavishing various ladykits with expensive clothes and jewellery). A little older now, and fully healed, Tigrus still dreams about the day when he would become Thundera's champion...or, failing that, another situation would come up and shake him from his comfortable little lifestyle again, put some danger and flair into his life. His armour is repaired, his body fully healed, and the rebellious spark has flared up in his belly once more.

Weapons: His gauntlets, gloves, and boots. Welded from a durable yet light metal, it can turn away iron and steel blades. Tigrus' punches and kicks are therefore more dangerous then normal fists and feet. He doesn't wear any heavy breastplate, so he is still very quick on his feet whilst retaining an impressive damage output.

Special ability: Bluff. Tigrus can talk his way out of, and into, almost any situation.

Style

In progress. How does this look for now, DD? I took a liberty with the gladiatorial games, but I liked the idea so I ran with it.

Your profile looks great. I'll add you to the approved list since most of it is finished and approvable. Your character sounds like a party-crasher lol (of course a "royal" party crasher that is). I'll add you to the front page. 

Dark Deception

We got 3 more cats to go and coincidentally we have an equal number of males and females.

I can see a really good relationship tree here. Everyone will so far know each other very easily (except the true identity of those characters who are secretly clerics). I already got an easy interaction scheme planned with Saphir's character to get her known.

I won't start the plot immediately because I want everyone to settle into their surroundings and interact a little. I would like for a special ball to be thrown in which turns into a disaster with the starting of the plot. So, we'll begin either one or two days (in-game) before the ball begins so the whole castle will be busy making preparations.

I was wondering though which royal should inherit the Sword of Omen from Leomedes: The Prince or the Princess. That would be another thing Kara and Nimara will need to think over. They can have a spar for it or through cooperative decision, one of you could get it. The prince is expected to be the King of Thundera any way and his sister a Queen right? I'm not exactly sure how the king and queen system works when there is a prince and princesslol. Does only the prince rise to King and the princess remains a princess or does she rise to queen too?

Oh yes, Bubby, I was thinking because your cat is older than mine that she became a cleric a few years before he did. They may have a small rivalry because I'm sure he'll treat her like she's the rookie when she was there before him lol.

Also, just a reminder. You still have until Sunday to get your profiles completed (so no real hurry yet). Feel free to make your profiles look pretty, fix grammar, make changes, etc.

Karasu

I told Nim she could be older if she liked. But if she got the sword, he'd be a little jealous XD

With the prince and princess thing, if the kingdom is masculine based then yes the male would rise to king before the princess regardless of age.

If it's equal then both can and likely it'll be determined by leadership skill or age.

If it's Feminine based then the female would rise to Queen before the prince.

Either way GM tis your call I believe.

Dark Deception

They both could be heirs to the thrones (king and queen). No biggie.

Ramael

They can't really be both heirs...one has to take precedence over the other. Otherwise you'll have a brother-sister combination on the throne...and people will talk.

It could come down to age, which of the two is older?

Also, thanks for approving. I shall make the final tweaks today.

Dark Deception

Karasu

Saphir

Quote from: Ramael on September 29, 2011, 05:31:11 AM
They can't really be both heirs...one has to take precedence over the other. Otherwise you'll have a brother-sister combination on the throne...and people will talk.

Well....they are royalty. It wouldn't be that odd since royals marry within their own family all the time. Though, I think it's usually marrying a cousin and not a sibling....yeah, I'm gonna shut up now.

But I do think that maybe the lion to wield the sword should probably be the eldest? Unless the youngest is far better in skills and wielding it. The king could easily decide that the youngest would be better suited for his direct heir to the throne. But that'd be up for Kara and Nim to figure out.

It's two bad there aren't two swords. He-Man and She-Ra never had this problem. XDD

Angzyn

I will have mine up by tomorrow. After all it will also be apart of my art project. (long story)
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

Karasu

blah, I don't care who does it.. but I can't really play a leader like a king that well so Nim you get it automatically! XD

My guy's really shy anyway XD think Lion-O (2011) but more awkward around attractive guys/girls XD

VNConsort

Haha, xD yes we discussed my dearest twin brother.

The kingship of the throne can be anything really.  We can even figure it out as the plot goes on. 

My creative take on it would be that if the Princess does choose someone and they wish to contend for the throne then they'd have to fight/show of strength with Kara's character.

I'll message Kara and we can get it settled or something.  I'm not sure the chances of either of us rising to the throne anyways.
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Karasu

oh blah, make me fight when I suck at it XD

ya we'll discuss in YIM