What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on March 01, 2011, 05:51:23 PM
Okay, better question.
Can you pre-order on Steam?

You can pre-purchase, meaning you pay for the game before it's released, and have it made available to you the moment it's released on Steam. With some games, pre-purchasing means you get to preload, meaning you can download it before it's actually released, and play the moment it is. The Metro 2033 offer is for when you pre-purchase Homefront.

Khanken

I am playing Cave Story... its an indie side scrolling shooter with a fun, quirky story.

Serishen

I heralded the coming of dawn playing Fable 3.  However, I have Amnesia: Dark Descent running on my laptop at the moment. Don't tell my Boss!
“Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow...” - Lawrence Clark Powell

Sabby

Learning magic in Two Worlds 2.

Okay. Delivery System + Effect. AoE Card + Fire Effect Card = small radius fire blast. Pretty simple.

Stack multiple of the same. Bigger area. Stronger damage. Higher Mana cost. Can only add as many cards as my stats say I can in a certain area.

Add a Time Modifier Card. Fireblast with a duration becomes a rain of fireballs.

Add a Protection Modifier Card on top of all that. Fire Resistance.

Add a Damage Multiplier Card as well. Fire Shield that burns enemies.

And thats just the easy stuff. I'm trying to come up with a way to get super speed... I did get the combination for a super jumps spell, but it only increased my jumping by 70%, so it wasn't noticeable. I was also toying with a healing spell, but I ended up with a wide radius healing everyone except me... its only a matter of time before I make something that blows my face off.

Mages. We're fantasies evil scientists! xD

Wolfy

How is two worlds 2?...Two worlds 1 looked like it sucked. :/

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on March 02, 2011, 10:22:21 AM
How is two worlds 2?...Two worlds 1 looked like it sucked. :/

Thats because it did :P

Two Worlds 2 is great. Good graphics with the exception of some shitty models, voice acting and story are pretty poor, the setting is very generic, and it feels a bit unpolished in areas, but the loot is great and theres plenty to do and learn. Thats kind of important for an RPG

I have a tall, tanned warrior with blond braids and dark trimmed facial hair, with heavy red armour, a white surcoat with a black and red eagle and sword on it, and 3 sets of weapons, one for each scenario. When he needs Blunt, its a heavy two handed hammer. When he needs Bladed, its a tower shield and Conan sword. When he's up against crowds of people, its the long barbed spear, enchanted with fire. Swing it around, everyone falls down. Add in Battle Cry and a sweeping Counter, plus fully upgraded block, and the guys a stationary death pillar.

My Mage isn't so tough yet. Short, pale, brimmed hat and robes, both white with green Air insignia, and a Master Air Staff. Current spell set is Summon Stone Golem, (which takes a huge bite out of my Mana, but I can have 3 going) a simple Fireball with a blinding flash of light on impact, an Earthquake, and a Tornado Shield.

Remember I said its only a matter of time before my magic kills me? It came close before xD I was trying, yet again, to make a decent shield. I thought of using a Tornado filled with debri, like anvils, or maybe find some way to enchant it and make it an elemental Tornado... I created an Earthquake, so there was plenty of big boulders about, and then started my Tornado.

I was like a magnet. Half a bloody quarry just slams into me, and theres so much clutter, the tornado can't move it... its just jammed itself into a mountain around me. And to make things worse, I had a whole bunch of Time cards added in, so it took forever to wear off, and the whole time I'm imprisoned by my own spell a pack of Hyena's are just sitting there, waiting for me...

Wolfy

Meh..I'll just wait for Dragon Age 2...a real man's RPG. :p

Wolfy

Hemingway

Quote from: Sabby on March 02, 2011, 11:03:44 AM
Two Worlds 2 is great. Good graphics with the exception of some shitty models, voice acting and story are pretty poor, the setting is very generic, and it feels a bit unpolished in areas, but the loot is great and theres plenty to do and learn. Thats kind of important for an RPG

WHAT. I give up. What games you like and dislike is just completely arbitrary, isn't it? xD

Also: I went to the Steam Dragon Age 2 forums and, surprise surprise, it's full of negative people basically declaring it's going to be the worst game ever. Seriously, I don't get it. I don't understand anything anymore.

Sabby

Quote from: Hemingway on March 02, 2011, 11:30:18 AM
WHAT. I give up. What games you like and dislike is just completely arbitrary, isn't it? xD

Two Worlds 2. Just so we're clear :P Its a good game, and I don't hate as many games as you seem to think I do. I'm like ZP. Its easier to make fun of a game, and ya wake up one day to find out your 'that dude who hates games'.

Hemingway

Quote from: Sabby on March 02, 2011, 11:34:21 AM
Two Worlds 2. Just so we're clear :P Its a good game, and I don't hate as many games as you seem to think I do. I'm like ZP. Its easier to make fun of a game, and ya wake up one day to find out your 'that dude who hates games'.

I was basing the statement on what you had to say about TW2.

Anyway, you do a very good job pretending. ; p

Right. I just reinstalled C&C3. It's just amusing to me that the hot doctor from House is in the game.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 02, 2011, 11:34:21 AM

Actually, Yahtzee reviewed Two Worlds 2 Today.

Doesn't like it. :D

Hemingway

Oh, man, Isabela from DA2 is so hot. >_>;

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on March 02, 2011, 11:30:18 AM

Also: I went to the Steam Dragon Age 2 forums and, surprise surprise, it's full of negative people basically declaring it's going to be the worst game ever. Seriously, I don't get it. I don't understand anything anymore.
Gamers are weird. We are the most arbitrary S.O.B.s on the planet. Copy God of War. Bad! Copy God of War and Legend of Zelda. Good!

Honestly I don't hold a man's opinion in high regard when he gets pissed off at button sequences (Quick Time Events). The whole flipping video game world is a quick time event! What happens if you don't hit A when Mario is running towards a lava pit? Just because you think everyone should be like Kojima and give you an hour to get a soda and some popcorn before you have to go back to actually playing isn't my problem and it shouldn't impact a game's score. Now if they're done badly like say next to impossible timing (something I've never come across) then that's one thing, but just not liking them. That's lame.

Gamers should never decide who lives and who dies in the real world. "I decided to burn down the whole orphanage just to see what would happen in the endgame." (the following was a hyperbolic statement).

Every other first person shooter copies Halo's rechargeable shields and no one ever says anything. But copy Half-Life 2's gravity gun and all hell breaks loose.

So yes we gamers are just weird beings. Arbitration has a lot to do with it.

On Dragon Age 2: You just want that sweet pirate booty, Hemingway. ;)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on March 02, 2011, 02:50:34 PM
Gamers are weird. We are the most arbitrary S.O.B.s on the planet. Copy God of War. Bad! Copy God of War and Legend of Zelda. Good!

So yes we gamers are just weird beings. Arbitration has a lot to do with it.

Yeah, I agree. It's sort of the reason I stay away from forums and such. I can't listen to people talk about their infantile opinions, throwing tantrums because developers decided they wanted their game to have a faster pace, or because a game gets DLC a few weeks after its release, or for any other trivial reason they can come up with. All this while throwing around insults to people who actually liked the game.

Quote from: Inkidu on March 02, 2011, 02:50:34 PMOn Dragon Age 2: You just want that sweet pirate booty, Hemingway. ;)

Guilty as charged. I mean .. seriously. Seriously. Dude. Seriously. You know?

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on March 02, 2011, 03:47:51 PM
Yeah, I agree. It's sort of the reason I stay away from forums and such. I can't listen to people talk about their infantile opinions, throwing tantrums because developers decided they wanted their game to have a faster pace, or because a game gets DLC a few weeks after its release, or for any other trivial reason they can come up with. All this while throwing around insults to people who actually liked the game.

Guilty as charged. I mean .. seriously. Seriously. Dude. Seriously. You know?
They did make her more piratey. In the first one she was just kind of a nobody in leather armor.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on March 02, 2011, 04:13:31 PM
They did make her more piratey. In the first one she was just kind of a nobody in leather armor.

I'm sort of surprised it's even the same character. I mean, she was a pretty interesting character, in ... certain ways, but still ... I love her in DA2, though. I love her looks, pretty unique ... we'll have to see about her personality, though.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on March 02, 2011, 04:25:05 PM
I'm sort of surprised it's even the same character. I mean, she was a pretty interesting character, in ... certain ways, but still ... I love her in DA2, though. I love her looks, pretty unique ... we'll have to see about her personality, though.
Apparently she's the Zevrran character. The "easy lover" as it were. 

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on March 02, 2011, 04:28:01 PM
Apparently she's the Zevrran character. The "easy lover" as it were.

Zevran sucked.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I was glad when I got to kill him.

:'D

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on March 02, 2011, 04:34:33 PM
Zevran sucked.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I was glad when I got to kill him.

:'D
Zevrran wasn't that bad. He was hardly as annoying as Morrigan. And you don't even get to kill her.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on March 02, 2011, 04:36:16 PM
Zevrran wasn't that bad. He was hardly as annoying as Morrigan. And you don't even get to kill her.

Morrigan isn't that bad. I think she just needs some love. :'D

Still, she didn't try to kill you, what, three times?

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on March 02, 2011, 04:39:34 PM
Morrigan isn't that bad. I think she just needs some love. :'D

Still, she didn't try to kill you, what, three times?
That depends on your relationship with Zev. He only ever tried to kill me once.

Still, Morrigan is annoying. The best voice actress and the best character plot in the whole game go to a woman who wouldn't save her own drowning child if it meant that it was even remotely and decent and unselfish thing to do.
Everyone else has a smidgen of ambiguity. Even Wynn! Not Morrigan.

Wolfy

I liked Morrigan and her Practical view of the world. :/

Wolfy

Soo..I got guild wars Yesterday. :D...Still trying to get started in it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 02, 2011, 08:42:10 PM
I liked Morrigan and her Practical view of the world. :/
Her view is not practical. Practical would mean doing something good for someone if it helped you out. Morrigan hates goodness for whatever reason. Luckily she's easy to romance. A couple of the right dialogue choices here, some cheap gifts there, talk to her while your back at camp, never take her anywhere nice, and you can have her in the sack right after Lothering.

Which is something they're working on in Dragon Age 2. Even if party members hate you they still get bonuses (different kinds for negative and positive) allowing a person to play it more the way they want instead of tailoring it to what they need.