News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Hunger Games - Recruitment(System)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, February 29, 2012, 02:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 01, 2012, 12:51:30 AM

Hahahaha yes!  Yes that made me giggle hard!

And mhm, that's how you wrap something around a code tag.  Thanks for showing how, Aly :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Shark, your character has been put up in the character thread!  We're glad to have you :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

DomShark

Awesome! Glad to be involved. I'll try not to die right away!
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

Alysanthia

May the odds be ever in our fav... *Takes an arrow to the knee.*

undisclosedtoyou

Bwahahahaha, well I'll be rooting for you...as much as a sadistic gamemaster can root for a tribute :P

Also....hahahahahahah Aly, that's priceless!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gracefulskai

Very interested. I've read all the books and loved them. It'd be awesome to join in. ^^

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gracefulskai

undisclosedtoyou

District 2 is awesome Grace!  I hope we get more people interested, but I don't mind having the recruitment up for a bit.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gracefulskai

I actually spend some time last night making up a character. I was procrastinating my school work, so I worked on that instead. 

undisclosedtoyou

Well, I'll never condone procrastination of the school work, but in this case I think that mentality can be waved away.  Let me see it when it's done :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gracefulskai

Ah, no worries, I finished everything today before I got on here. :) It's done, I'm just a little confused on how to get it on here with the picture. I know I need to upload it to Wiki, but I don't know how to tag it or anything like that. Just got approved yesterday...

undisclosedtoyou

You don't need to upload the picture to the elluiki, unless you want to of course.  You can upload it onto a site like Photobucket, and use the IMG code that it gives you to post the picture up.  If you upload it to the Elluiki, the first page has a link to the how to properly label the uploads.

As for the written part, just copy paste it into this thread, so I can look it over for approval, or you can send it to me via PM. 

Also, welcome to E, Grace!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gracefulskai

Okay, I figured it out. I found the tutorial thread. Thanks. :) Okay here it is.

Name: Alexis Valhorn 
Division:District 2

Height:5’5”
Weight:138
Eyes:Medium brown with a swirl of green.
Hair:Dark brown
Skin tone:Pale
Distinguishing Marks:She has a scar that looks similar to an arrow head on her left wrist. Also a scar that starts at the top of her shoulder and runs down her arm to the tip of her elbow that was caused by a sword.
Physical Description:She's of average height, with long dark brown hair that is usually pulled back into a simple braid. Her sister always commented on how beautiful her hair was, so she decided to keep it long in memory of her sister. She’s pale from being in the mines cutting stones and in the factories where the weapons are made. Her nails are cut short so they don't get in the way of her work. She looks pretty fit; her muscles are just visible enough to know she has strength.

Likes:She likes to read when she has the time to. She likes to practice with the weapons her and her family makes when she sneak off and do so without getting in trouble. She also likes to spend hours watching people move about their day, watching their movements, their awkwardness, and the way they hold themselves when they are angry, sad, happy, or anxious.

Dislikes:She dislikes the capitol even though she lives in better living conditions than most of the other districts. She dislikes the fact that everyone around her doesn't seem to care. She dislikes bloody meat, any green foods, and the color yellow.

Fears: She fears heights and wild dogs. 

Personality:She used to be very energetic and happy with her life, but after the death of her sister, she became closed off from everyone. She's now pretty quiet around everyone, including her parents. She keeps to herself when she can, and only talks when she has to. She focuses on her job and when she can practice for the Hunger Games.

History: Two Hunger Games ago she was the perfect daughter and sister. She looked up to her sister with every fiber of her being. She thought nothing of the Capital or the Hunger Games. She and her sister were inseparable, they worked in the same area together, cooks dinner together, laughed at jokes together. They never did anything that could get them in trouble or their family in trouble, but when that fateful Hunger Games came around, her sister's name was drawn and no one took her place. Her sister was willing, she told Alexis that she'd win for her and she's come back for her.

The day Alexis had to watch her sister die, was the day she cut herself off from everyone around her. She started hating the world and everyone in it but then soon pin pointed it to just hating the capital and anything that dealt with it. From then on she started illegally practicing for the Hunger Games. She knew she wasn't ready last Hunger Games, but this one she feels she will be able to win. She has spent time practicing with the swords, knives, and bows that her District is forced to make for the capital. The only time she had been suspected of using those weapons for gains of her own was when she cut her self with the sword against her shoulder and the arrow head on her wrist. Other than that, no one knew anything of what she was doing, that or they didn't care.

undisclosedtoyou

She's approved!  And her character sheet has been posted up here.  Welcome to the game Grace!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gracefulskai

undisclosedtoyou

I just wanted to say, for anyone who might find it a turn off from joining this game.  While character death is a big part of the game, the number of HP points, starting off, ensures that everyone will have plenty of time to play before a character is killed off.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Niferbelle

I can't resist the urge, I'm jumping in! I will try to have a character done in the next day or so.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Niferbelle on March 04, 2012, 07:18:50 PM
I can't resist the urge, I'm jumping in! I will try to have a character done in the next day or so.

Psh, resisting the urge to join this game is a bad bad thing :P  I'm glad to have you though Nif!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Niferbelle

Sorry it took me a little longer than intended!

Name: Varin Partlow
Division: District 11

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 175
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Skin tone: Tan
Distinguishing Marks: Tattoo on his inner bicep of a sheaf of wheat which he got the night his name was drawn for the games.

Physical Description: Varin is a handsome youth with striking green eyes and features that are almost effeminate which is in contrast with a lean, muscular body earned by years of hard work. His hair is black and cropped close to his head, his skin lighter in tone than most of his friends and family. He has an infectious smile and a slow, confident stride, both of which seem to invite interest.

Dislikes: Complainers, mean drunks, his biological father
Fears: Deep water, being a nobody his whole life

Personality: Varin has an easy smile and a devil may care attitude that would seem to indicate he's at peace with his lot in life. His looks always drew him attention and he's learned to use that and is already quite popular back in his district. But even with this advantage, nobody in district 11 gets away with shirking and he was never one to draw negative attention to himself by slacking off so he knows how to work though it could be said he's something of an opportunist. He prefers to remain in the company of friends as much as possible because when he's alone the smile tends to fade and he has too much time to think about the long, dreary grind his life will inevitably be.

History: Varin was born into a big family, pretty status quo for the district, though before he hit his teens he lost three of his siblings to childhood illness and accident. These early deaths made a big impression on him and he became determined to get the most out of life anyway he could for as long as he could. His family was broken, his father struggling to keep everything together while his mother was out catting around and trying to get out of work anyway she could which eventually led her to being arrested for theft and disappearing from the family altogether. Varin became estranged from his father, however, when they got in a argument and it was revealed that Varin was someone else's child from one of his mother's affairs. Worse, he was the bastard of a peacekeeper his mother had been sleeping with for extra rations. Sickened by the revelation, Varin left home after that and lived a  bit like a gypsy, staying with friends and his mother's relatives, each for a time before moving on to the next one, never quite losing a sense of shame over his parentage. Varin is a talented singer and was often called upon to perform at gatherings and occasions such as weddings and funerals. It's the one thing in life he truly loves.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Niferbelle on March 06, 2012, 04:22:41 PM
Sorry it took me a little longer than intended!

Oh, that's fine Nifer!  And he's approved, and posted up here.  I just need a last name for him.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

undisclosedtoyou

He really does, and he's smexy!  If he wins the capitol is so going to pimp him out!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's