Gotham: What is the actual date?

Started by Garuss Vakarian, November 04, 2014, 05:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garuss Vakarian

This is a simple question. People dress Noir, a lot of the sets feel old timey, but then theres more modern cars and cell phones. What is the time they seek to film this in? And does it's closeness to modern days, completely ruin any chances for Batman to have any future connections with Arrow or it's Spin off Flash? I am a big dc fan, and would hate for there not to be a connection. Since, honestly television is where fox should focus their efforts. Marvel took over the big screen, so fox should logically take over the small one while they still can. (Full force I mean. Ie: Moving their properties together on television. Going all out on there, with an advanced and ever flowing story line. Which doesn't limit it'self to 1 or 2 hours.)

That aside. What is the time line for this show? Really?

Inkidu

Actually to me it looks to be set in the mid to late 90s. It is a bit anachronistic, but that's part and parcel for Gotham.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Actually that is on purpose. In one of the featurettes they commented on it. They wanted a timeless hard to place point in time. Classic and modern cars, cell phones and the rest.

Garuss Vakarian

I see, this makes sense. It still feels a bit jumbled, but with that in perspective it at least has a charm to it. Thank you Noire, as well as you Inkidu.

Inkidu

The only thing I really believe is that Gordon is a vet of Desert Storm not the current conflicts. Though they've hardly been disambiguous about it as previously said. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

I'd say they are just keeping it intentionally vague   

mia h

Callie's featurette  :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFfPxYEhKic

And I don't believe they are planning any links between the shows on the different networks. So Arrow, Flash and Supergirl (if/when it airs) will all be linked up but none of them will go within a mile of Gotham or Constantine. Gotham's second episode made reference to the Dollmaker as an international child smuggler but Arrow had it's own,  now deceased, Dollmaker who was a Starling City serial killer.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.