Solo Writer Looking for GMs, worlds, or a "harem game" (M for Any Writer)

Started by Galactic Druid, August 28, 2017, 02:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I've been debating whether to put this up for ages as it feels kind of selfish asking people to roleplay multiple characters to my single one, but I've found I really enjoy writing games where my character is exploring the world around them. I've written a couple before, here and here, as a couple of examples of characters, one confident, one shy. I'm looking for writers that are willing to play a world to my character, all the better if it's a setting in which characters of any gender are free to have as many partners as they like without it taboo or shameful. A lot of people call these harem games, but just to be clear, I'm not really looking for a story in which my character plays the dominant to several women in a harem (in truth, I'd prefer my character to be more of a switch in these stories, his specific role dependent on each partner or situation), just a story or world in which there's lots of new options. As far as content goes, I won't put specific interests in the story ideas, as I'm willing to tailor each story to a partner's likes and dislikes. You can visit my O/O page for a general idea of what I like and dislike, but I'm hoping for stories to contain a variety of themes, and am willing to work with partners on what those are. Hopefully that sums up about what I'm looking for. Either way, on to the plots....

(Small note, since I've been asked before on my other request pages: I'm always happy to use a different name for a character if it happens to recall bad memories, is too close to someone you know, or even if you don't like it!)

YOUR Ideas and Settings!!

I should have put this up to begin with. If you have an idea or a story you've wanted to GM for a while, I'd love to hear about it!

Essential Credits Re-opened and craving!

Setting: Modern, slice of life
Story: MC works in an office, or maybe as a teacher, in some kind of job setting where they work with mostly women. They've gotten used to being 'off the market' for a while now, and since the intimate life at home hasn't been so great, lost a bit of their self confidence. In some lunchroom conversation, he passively happens to mention that his wife requested they try an open relationship, not intending anything other than griping about the state of his marriage, and rumor quickly spreads that he's fair game. She thought the open marriage would be a fun way to get some side action while he remained loyal, or at least unable to do the same. She's in for quite the shock when she discovers he's having far better luck with the new relationship model than she is.[/s]

The Consultant New and craving!

Setting: Modern, slice of life-esque
Story: YCs are a small team of young women that make erotic games for a living; writers, artists, voice acting, they all do a little bit of everything to get their games made. While they’re talented and passionate, for whatever reason, their games just don’t seem to be selling very well. MC is a consultant hired either by YCs or maybe their publisher to help them troubleshoot why their games aren’t selling. He was approached for the role because he’s very familiar with these kinds of games, and what makes someone like him want to buy them. As the consultant, he’ll be helping them put more erotic twists on their designs, figure out how to cater to the more perverted natures of people, and put a bite more realism in their voice acting. As time goes on, this approach becomes much more ‘hands on’.

Potential Twists: If we want to throw a touch of sci fi in there, I’m all up for making this a somewhat futuristic VR development company. If we go this route, bonus points if MC goes into this job not knowing th sexual nature of the games he’ll be helping with.

Essential Credits Re-opened and craving!

Setting: Modern, slice of life with a twist
Story: It started as an accident. Jameson knew of plenty of 'Women's Colleges' that were just that in title, and open to students of any gender for decades. It's what he thought he'd applied to when he put in an application for the School or Nursing and Medicine in Lancaster Woman's College. It was quite a surprise to receive a response congratulating him on being the first ever male student at the university. Between the honor and the program's excelent credentials, he couldn't turn down the opportunity. Upon his arrival, however, he learned of the other reason behind his approval; many women in the school complained the lack of male students didn't allow them to adequately prepare for life after college, many of them felt socially inept or sexually underdeveloped. The school decided to creature a modern sexual education program, with their new male student on call for classes, assignments, and independant study...

Really craving this setting, or a high school version of it, or one with a mixed gender school. I was in a similar game until recently, which was a ton of fun, but as far as I can tell, my partner for it is taking a hiatus from E.

Upscale Resale Taken!

Setting: Medival, low to high fantasy, depending on partner interest

Story: Aaron, a successful merchant from a distant culture, arrives in a sprawling capital city with the intention of starting his business and striking it big. Over the course of his visit, he comes across a tavern and brothel that's practically lifeless. Seeing an opportunity, he purchases the entire establishment from it's previous owner who'd let it decline, breathing new life into it's establishment and workers. With a fresh outlook and the ideals of a culture unique to the city, he begins to turn the establishment back in the right direction, with the help of the employees that decide to stick around, as well as some new hires.

Bad Habbits

Setting: A secluded Abbey, the exact location and time period are open for discussion with future partners

Story: My character is an adventurer, weekend warrior, hiker, or whatever might fit best into the situation that's managed to get themself stranded out in the middle of nowhere. Just as things are stating to look hopeless, they come across a secluded Abbey, and are even more surprised to find it's still populated. Several nuns live out there in the middle of nowhere, unknown to him, excommunicated from their previous lives for varying reasons to do with how they conduct themselves or choose to worship. Even as he first takes shelter, it's easy to tell something is different about these nuns. Just how different, he's soon to discover.

Rites of Restoration (Note: I'd be willing to play a couple characters in this one, maybe two of a traditional RPG party of 4 or 5?)

Setting: A High Fantasy World full of RPG Tropes

Story: The world is dying, slowly but surely. Crops have started to yeild less food, the winds don't blow as often, even the sea seems to be dying, with fewer and smaller fish in each catch. Legend speaks of a time when it's happened before, and the heroes they went on the journey of restoration, visiting the shines of water, fire, wind, and nature, in order to restore the flow of magic and the life of the world. Our characters (specific roles to be discussed) are on the journey of restoration, visiting towns and having a grand adventure along with way, getting sidetracked on occasion, but always keeping the fate of the world in the back of their minds as they make their way to each shrine, perform the bizarre and oddly perverse rituals of restoration, and breath life back into a dying land.

Harvest Moon

Setting: A small farming community, similar to the game Harvest Moon, Ryne Factory, or Stardew Valley, though a bit more open minded...

Story: This one is a bit more open, and about as close to a fandom/canon RP as I get. I'm looking to play the "new farmer" in a community similar to the games mentioned above. Those of you who are familiar with the games probably already have a really good idea of what I'm looking for. How much of a fantasy element the story has depends on which game you want to play off, but I'm open for anything from a world saving adventure to a simple excuse for smut, depending on what a potential writing partner is looking for.
[jr]
200 PSB: The Republic of Solden's Military Academy *Looking!*

I actually poached this idea from one of my more serious, less smut focused fantasy threads, the whole thing is loosely based of the Valkyria Chronicles game series. I've been replaying one of them recently, and it really put me in the mood to update this thread.

The original idea from my other thread, which is more than open to modification:

The basic setting is a modern earth in which the lost art of magic was suddenly re-awakened.

With over a century gone by since the magi-industrial revolution, the dust has finally began to settle. Many magical artifacts were unearthed since the breaking of the seal, many more found gathering dust on museum shelves, their true purpose unknown while the seal had remained intact. Study of the complex series of spells that caused the artifacts to work they way they did, as well as the discovery of crystal geodes that provided raw or elemental magic caused massive leaps forward in magitech. Unreliable electronic devices from the "old world" were all but completely abandoned in favor of magitech, and the many progressive nations no longer had power plants in commission, instead relying completely on cleaner, safer magical energy, technology, and communications. The "data spell" as it was called, a series of complicated runes used to write, store, and transmit information, while still in it's stages, south to recreate the modern marvels of the long last computer age, though at the time, it was still one mage's pet project.

In many continents, the collapse of the computer age lead to new forms of government, especially in those that abandoned electricity entirely. One such country was the Republic of Solden, formerly Switzerland, along with pieces of Germany, Belgium, and France as new borders were drawn. Despite being a small, independent nation trapped between two superpowers, New Wehrmacht and the Cambridge Alliance, Solden was practically a superpower in itself, thanks to the large crystal mine within it's borders, something both sides eyed with envy, and it's universal conscription. Militia training was an everyday part of any high school student's day, with the most gifted student often becoming Militia leaders or even joining the official army upon graduation.

The best of the best, students that had shown remarkable cunning, perception, or talent, along with a good dose of luck, would find themselves invited to Solace Military Academy, a four year academy that only accepts the best graduates from each school, and only by invitation. The academy boasts all the accommodations and classes one would expect from a traditional college, and many luxuries one would not, training students not just for military life, but life long after their term of service as well. Accepting only the best, both classes and training courses are extremely accelerated, with special programs within the school for students looking to focus on a variety of fields from healing arts, articifery and the creature of crystal powered weapons and tanks, to shadow any and espionage. The only foreseeable downside, though many students don't see it as such, is the headmaster's ideals that those attending are not doing so for a cushy officer's job far behind the front lines. We're the Republic of Solden ever to find itself at war once more, student oldies from Solace academy would be some of the first conscripted.

what I'm looking for:
It doesn't need to be as complicated as my original write-up, but I'd love to play a character in this kind of elite military school academy. Bonus points to anyone familiar with the Valkyria series that enjoys it as much as I do. It'd be fun to play a character placed in a squad with a fairly heavily skewed gender ratio (perhaps an espionage unit?) where it's generally encouraged everyone in the unit gets very comfortable with one another. For this particular idea, I don't mind at all if it's got a higher ratio of story to smut, as I can see it being something that could last a while.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

General interests:

I don't really have any specific ideas for these like I do above, but if anyone wanted to discuss a unique new idea with me or come up with a world together, here's a few themes I'd be more than happy to jump into;

Any kind of military or vocational training academy

Boarding school (please keep E rules in mind for this one!)

Magical Academy (As much as I love the Potterverse, I prefer original settings over canon ones)

Incest/Family stories (Craving, just wrapped up one of these)

Post Apocalyptic Communities

Playing a small crew of a spaceship. Think Firefly.

A new world colony

Honestly, pretty much anything that can be summed up as sci fi or dystopian. May as well just throw that out there.

The kind of world and characters one might find in Overwatch.

I think that just about suns up the list, but if you have an idea I didn't mention, I'd love to hear it!

Galactic Druid

8/29 Edit: Added in "Your ideas" to the story list, minor edits for spelling and grammar

Galactic Druid

9/5 Edit: Re-opened all ideas, and I'm actively seeking RPs again!

Galactic Druid

9/28: Marking Upscale Resale as taken, but the other ideas are still open.

Galactic Druid

5/21- craving tags added, along with working links, I may add a new idea in the evening.

Chantarelle

I hope you find someone to GM that ‘harem’ game, that sounds like fun.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid

7/6 update; Kind of reopened things, more removed a taken tag from an idea since a partner is a bit busy.

I'd love to start a new story, but my posting rate is very slow at the moment, and likely will be for at least 2 more weeks. Once my summer workload calms down, things should be much easier again. More than willing to plot and discuss ideas for then!

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid

12/3: just bought a set of RPG books, and its had my thinking about wanting to be GMed for something. This is hardly the same thing, but I'm still very much interested in any of these ideas.

Galactic Druid

4/5: Marked Open Relationship as taken, everything else is still open and available, however!

Galactic Druid

6/4 - cleaned things up a bit, fixed some errors, properly labeled my cravings and new story ideas.

Galactic Druid

10/28/19: Just cleaning things up a bit and linking this thread into my main story request hub.

Galactic Druid