A Cordial Invitation. (OWoD, sort of Vampire)

Started by Senti, October 09, 2015, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senti

Hello all.

This is mainly just an interest check before I put up a more detailed description.

It is an old WoD game, which is mostly vampire, though players will start as mortals and the embrace will take place within the game, as the characters become involved in certain darker and more dangerous secrets.

The setting will start in Victorian London, the year is 1888, though as yet Saucy Jack has yet to find his fame…or infamy.

Though obviously starting as mortals people will not start with clans, though tailoring a character to a particular clan is fine.

Full character sheets are not necessary, players just have to be sensible in choice of skills, and remember that no one is perfect, after all a few flaws as well as a few merits make for interesting characters.

I am hoping to let this game build to interesting events in later moments through till the modern age.

If there are any questions please ask. As said above a more detailed description will be posted.

(I ran this table top and am hoping it will work here.)

Thank you.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

kckolbe

Potentially interested, but curious as to how much crunch you want in char sheets.  Numbers make me feel safe
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Senti

I am not likely going to be using dice at the beginning of the game certainly. However I would like characters to have merits and flaws (physical mental and social.)

Also I will be looking for skills, Talents and knowledge’s as  in those which are expert, intermediate and a passing understanding.

Please be sensible, also remember older characters are likely to be more skilled, but may however find that they could have more disadvantages or are perhaps not as agile as they once were etc.

What I am saying no numbers as yet. Lets all be sensible.

Remember this is a somewhat xenophobic and chauvinist society, so being a foreigner; a female or various other person of questionable ‘morals may be a disadvantage in certain circles.

(I do promise to be safe though.)

Lyku

I'd like to give this a shot, but I'd rather not tailor for a clan and let the evil undead monsters choose which way I will be eternally condemned. :)
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

kckolbe

I hear ya, Lyku.  I'm doing the numbers now (yeah I said numbers!  Don't worry, not posting them until opened) and trying to leave him open for multiple clans.  Thus far, he's fairly all over the place, not optimized at all.  I'm thinking he'll have some medical training, and a career representing that.  Between that and academics, a gentleman seems likely, but I gave him brawl instead of melee, his highest physical is Stamina (by far), and he has no talent at manipulation.

Still need to choose backgrounds and merits/flaws.

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Senti

I am more than happy to let people see how it goes with those terrible undead creatures of the night. Sometimes one of them may choose a childe that at first may not appear to fit with a clan but their choice will become clear during game play.

This is not a heavy smexy smut game, though not it is not precluded from the game it is not the main focus.

At present I am considering placing the game in extreme, as I feel this will allow for the darkest parts and images of vampire society in the Victorian era.

kckolbe don't worry too much if you overspend on points as long as it fits within the character and their life experience.

(the art of boxing can be considered gentlemanly :)

Miroque

Oh Gosh, oWoD in Victorian London... Colour me intrested Chums..

Im running TT game of Victorian Age myself.. and got so many ideas fr characters :()

Question: Would you take other applications that mortal or vampire? (I was thinking of an KotE or MtA). Would have an killer ideas for both, but can adapt if not allowed.

Senti

Quote from: Miroque on October 16, 2015, 04:18:34 AM
Oh Gosh, oWoD in Victorian London... Colour me intrested Chums..

Im running TT game of Victorian Age myself.. and got so many ideas fr characters :()

Question: Would you take other applications that mortal or vampire? (I was thinking of an KotE or MtA). Would have an killer ideas for both, but can adapt if not allowed.

The characters are to start as mortal and will go on to be vampire. As I dont really know enough about Kindred of the East that is not really feasible, and it really has to be vampire as who knows the game may continue onto later interesting periods, allowing characters to gain a little more power etc over the years.

Miroque

there are ways for Mages to continue existanse... but I get you. So, are you still looking for applicants?

Senti

Yes I am, and certainly I would like to keep with mortals that become vampires. Mainly so as not to complicate things too much, obviously within the setting there may be other supernaturals, that players may or may not end up interacting with, favorably or not as the case may be.

kckolbe

Vampire is the only WoD game I've played, but do we have to go vampire?  Based on how things develop, are there other options?

And for now I'm limiting myself on points, but not caring about how they are distributed.  For example, I have 22 ability points, but they aren't appropriately divided between talents, skills, and knowledges.

Intro Thread

Senti

Yes we are going Vampire, but though the vast majority majority of folks one will meet and interact with in the story will be 'normal' humans, due to what is happening with in the city, certain other factions will have an interest and paths may cross. Thus it will  give players the opportunity to make tentative relationships and perhaps even alliances within other factions. 

After all the enemy of ones enemy may become ones 'friend'. Such alliances however tenuous may be useful, and could offer some interesting advantages.

Don't worry about exact points and how they are spread, if you are using them. Just as long as they make sense for the character.

RubySlippers

I think I'd like this, maybe playing a woman versed in letters and sciences, but who is known in the circles as a person who can bring complex ideas down to where common people can understand it gaining a good reputation authoring books and even did some textbooks for British schools. And she would have money so she could live and focus on her work much to the chagrin of her poor parents who want her to settle down and have children.

kckolbe

Okay, decided to go with decent resources, medical license (or, if those didn't exist, knowledge of his training), and a little extra skill at boxing.  Since his physical skills are only average for a boxer (str 3, dex 2, sta 3), he won't be a useful fighter.  Really, aside from his modest medical abilities, he doesn't boast anything impressive, as his skills and attributes don't overly jive.  I kinda like that.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Quote from: kckolbe on October 17, 2015, 08:50:11 PM
Okay, decided to go with decent resources, medical license (or, if those didn't exist, knowledge of his training), and a little extra skill at boxing.  Since his physical skills are only average for a boxer (str 3, dex 2, sta 3), he won't be a useful fighter.  Really, aside from his modest medical abilities, he doesn't boast anything impressive, as his skills and attributes don't overly jive.  I kinda like that.

http://www.victorian-era.org/victorian-era-doctors-medical-practitioners.html

Senti

Both Characters are very fitting with the setting and interesting.

And Ruby I am sure you are aware that there are special people and places that may well be able to help your character with that problem she may have with her feminine and delicate brain. :)

Senti

Though not Victorian...

Women Know your Limits.

Silliness from Harry Enfield

Miroque

question still abides: Are you looking for more applications ? And if so, with what poins are we building our mortals ?

Senti

Yes I am still taking ...as for points use either, I will do the maths but wont stress over or under, though if people are very uncomfortable about points, its really not an issue at the moment. I am more interested in the background.

Miroque

Where do you want the applications ? (open to all, or PM to you for excample ?) and Mortals have way less points that vampires.. and as we are creating mortals (right?)
what points are we using ? (i have no problem of using points, aslong as its the same amount on everyone and same point spread)

Senti

A PM would be good, I would say if using points use those of a mortal, but dont be too strict about the points. I really am more interested in the background story.

As  a point though I would appreciate  names of close friends and relations and their relationship to the characters as nothing brings home mortality than watching them age from the shadows.

Vikii

I'm always up for a vampire game. I was wondering though if you wanted us to follow the normal guidelines of creating a character, since we are starting as mortals or if there are any differences you wanted to make to creating it.

Senti

Everyone is mortal and guidelines are that the characters will not be aware of the supernatural factions. Of course there are those that may have an interest in the occult and the like and may even had a brush with real wraiths at a seance for example.

That said all of the characters should be a cut above the average for whatever reason, so that they might become noticed by a kindred or two, maybe there will be a vie for power over one specific character. This does not mean that the character has to be of the upper classes there can be many reasons for the interest.

Thus though mortal, the play is notable, and has something that deserves...the gift or should suffer the curse, or would just be useful to the clan or their sire.

I hope I am making sense.