Rookie Questions - setting O/O page

Started by Arkanian, September 01, 2019, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkanian

Hello there

I am trying to figure out how to set up a O/O page for people to see. I've been looking at the tutorial but I'm still confused with the logistics. Do I simply post a thread and then link people too it?

Phoenixrisen

Yes, that's exactly it! Start a thread in the forum for your group, for you that's gonna be this one, and then place the link in your signature, if you'd like, for ease of finding by others.

Are there any other specific questions you have?
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Arkanian

DeineTrogloxene

I was confused by this too because there is already an On/Off matrix and yet many people had threads as opposed to the matrix.

The matrix is good at a glance to get an idea of what people are into (and conversely, what their boundaries are.)  but I think it's main purpose is to make your interests searchable.  The Find Partners uses the matrix as a database to find like-minded people.  A more detailed On/Off page seems to function as giving yourself a platform to be more specific about your needs. 

I would look at what other people have for their On/Off threads and use them as an inspiration.
Local Heathen
Operator of Cryptid Kissing Booth™
Rad and bougie gay best friend
Inaction Hero with huge biceps for huggin' and shruggin'
[ Roleplay Introduction ]
[ ➕Ons/➖Offs ]

Ariel

The Ons/Offs matrix is used in correlation with the Find Partners tab. While it is a lot more detailed than a thread would be, it’s also a lot harder to understand and to set up. Having both the matrix and a thread set up is a good idea, although we may end up getting rid of the matrix altogether. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving