Interest Check - Hellsing and Final Fantasy

Started by Miyr, June 02, 2010, 07:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyr

I haven't been approved yet, but I was wondering if there are people on Elliquiy who would be interested in doing either a one on one or group role play that takes place in the Hellsing universe. If I'm approved -=crosses fingers=- I would be posting more information about what I'm interested in, but for now I'd like to just do an interest check.

I'm kind of interested in doing a one on one or group Final Fantasy role play. Perhaps it could be set in just one of the games, or perhaps have characters from all over in a mixed world sort of how they are in Kingdom Hearts. If anyone is interested in this idea as well, please comment on this thread.

Also, while I'm thinking about it. . . I used to do a group RP that took place during the midevil era, I think it might be fun or interesting to do another one. It would be more of an adventure/fantasy RP obviously, but it would have the potential to go somewhere relatively easy.

I will provide more details about these plot ideas and what I look for in a role play partner pending my approval. -=crosses fingers again=- Wish me luck!
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Miyr

I just had an idea to add to my earlier interest check. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the games Persona 3 or Persona 4 by Shin Megami Tensei. I might be interested in doing a "Persona" themed role play if we could come up interesting plot that isn't a word for word copy of the games (basically create our own realm and story).

-Miyr

Inked Harlequin

I've done Final Fantasy roleplays before.
I can do X, XII or XIII.
XIII is my favourite as I love to play either Lightning, Snow or an OC.
:).

Miyr

My only issue with XIII is that I haven't beaten it yet so I don't know if I'd want to a plot that runs along the game's storyline too much because I don't want it to get spoiled lol. This week and next week are my last weeks at college so I am really swamped with homework so I can't play it. -=sad panda=- However I would be open to doing a KH idea-ish plot where the characters could be present and such. Again, I wanted to do an interest check, but I probably wouldn't come up with any concrete ideas until after I've been approved. -=crosses fingers=-

-Miyr

Baleron

I took part in a KH roleplay a few years back. Good group of people with original characters. We never ran into any of the main characters like Sora or Riku. I wouldn't mind doing something like that again.

Kineas

I love your ideas.

All of them. Really. I'm a touch more oldey-schooly with my final fantasy preferences (6, 8, 9, tactics) but they do say that variety is the spice of life. I think that my leaning in your list of concepts is most towards persona though.

Anyways, I'm willing to join in on your RP, whatever it may be, as soon as you're ready to start it. :)

Miyr

@ Baleron: I would be open to doing something with original characters because that tends to be how I write. I could adapt my concepts to original characters and established ones.

@ Kineas: I'm glad that you liked my ideas~ And I played VII (haven't beaten yet), VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII (haven't beaten yet either) so I am familiar with all of those games. I really adore IX and XII though. I love the worlds that they were set in, but I also adore a lot about the other games as well.

If you're interested in Persona that's great! I was totally having an ADHD momoment while listening ot a song from P3 and suddenly got hit with the idea to do a Persona RP. And I think that's awesome that you're willing to join~ If/When I get things planned out I will surely notify you. I am unsure as to whether I can start posting yet or not because I haven't been approved yet. . . That and I'm having my final exams right now in college so my focus is a bit on that at the moment. -=face desks=-

Also, I would like to say, in general, that I am open to doing more than one role play with someone. Like say Kineas, if you really wanted to do a Persona RP and a Final Fantasy RP with me, I would be more than fine with having both stories go on at the same time. I can multi task well in that department (most of the time anyway).

And on one more note, I really want to do a Hellsing RP~ So if anyone's interested please let me know. After I get approved I might put a interest check in the other areas to see if we could possibly do a group role play with it or possibly take it down a more mature route. The books are pretty violent anyway, so I know that wouldn't be PG 13 material considering their job is to go after vampires and kill them.

-Miyr

Baleron

I think that if you wanted to get an RP up in the non-adult forum until approval, a KH or Final Fantasy one would work best. I'd put up a specific request thread once you decide what universe it should be in so that other people can decide on characters. The Hellsing one would definitely be better suited to a mature forum after approval, though. Either way, I'll join whatever RP you end up starting.

Miyr

I think a Persona RP would be really cool, but so would a Final Fantasy RP, so I might actually just do both to be honest. Persona may need to wait because of the whole envoker thing (from P3) and such. Don't worry, as soon as I get plot ideas I will post them up Baleron! Might even be up for suggestions if people are wanting specific things. I like creating joint plots with my fellow typists.

-Miyr

Kineas

I'm also more than capable of doing multiple roleplays at once (and i'd link you to one i'm in now, cept it's off in that part of the boards you can't see yet xD) so no worries there. Also, don't get me wrong; I'm more than cool with the idea of hellsing as well, it's just the one I'm least knowledgeable about.

Pretty sure you can go ahead and start a non-adult roleplay right now if you're so inclined. Baleron pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm not entirely sure myself what the boards take on excessive gore and death would be, as i'm not the most active poster around, so you might wanna PM a mentor if you have questions.

All that stuff out of the way, in the shin megami series I've played persona 3 and 4, as well as Nocturne. I have not, however, finished any of them. xD Even so, I think it would be a completely awesome setting to RP in. :) Keep us all posted on the status of things if you please~

Baleron

I already know. Excessive gore and violence is supposed to be in the adult rp threads, and can't be posted here. That's why Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and other stuff like that would be allowed, so long as there wasn't great detail in a particularly gory or sexual situation... I think you could get away with a Persona RP as long as you didn't describe the shooting yourself in the head in great detail.

Miyr

((I'm waiting patiently until I get approved, so you don't have to tease me about it Kineas, you big meanie XD))

And yes I'm pretty sure that I could start a non-adult role play in the non-adult section, I just don't have a concrete enough plot down in order to start it. After my exam I will probably work on it (am currently eating dinner and getting my study materials ready to take it). And I will probably ask a mentor about the more aggressive role plays if I can't figure out where to put it after I get approved (because I want to be oh so badly =D).

As for the Persona games, I've played 3 and 4 and haven't beaten either. I'm like a toothpick away from beating 4 and toward the end of 3 (it's actually P3 FES) but the basic idea is down. I don't know how much I would want to emphasize on the actual fighting aspect either. I heard of one Persona RP where they actually mapped out the abilities and everything of the persona's. And in P4 they didn't use envokers, so that'd be something else to discuss, how we want them to call forth the persona's.

I will keep everyone posted, don't worry!

-Miyr

Baleron

Well, Miyr, if it's a matter of plot, I'd be more than happy to help. If you have even the slightest idea what you want to do, just say something here and I can write up a decent plot for some characters to follow.

Miyr

Don't worry I should be posting my ideas up soon. I'm about to take my final exam then it's a free night for me. Might have some drinking going on as well so my posts later might get a little sloppy lol.

-Miyr

Baleron

I used to do that once or twice. That tended to get pretty fun sometimes, though not in any way that could be posted in a non-adult forum... Beyond that, no drinking happens anymore. I'll hopefully still be on by the time that new thread goes up, then. Good luck on the exam.

Miyr

Thanks! It's for my IT 301 class, Internet Security, Privacy and Ethics. But once this is done I just got three more classes to go through and things will be DONE for this quarter.

-Miyr

Kineas

I'M FINALLY OFF WORK XD...  Yeah, i posted the last two times from work. >.>

*such a slacker*

I'm about to indulge in some drinky drink myself, but if you wanted I would be more than willing to set some time aside for the purposes of plot development. :)

Sorry for the jab about approval, I'm sure you'll both be approved soon enough. :)

Baleron

Aww, no need to apologize. I'm a patient man, for the most part... And what's with everyone drinking, eh? I'm not even allowed to drink... A good thing, too, because I tend to not stop, so better safe then sorry. But still, where's my fun?

Miyr

I'm wanting to drink because my final was timed for an hour, and I hit the submit button on the last short answer question TWO SECONDS before the damn test shut down. So I need to relax A LOT right now ~.~ I usually just have a drink or two and then I'm done. My roommate tends to drink a lot more than me.

As for posting from work Kineas, don't worry about it. Each time I'm in my networking class, I never pay attention and I'm sending out IMs to people or have been posting in here. I might create a separate thread in here for plot development on the ideas. Not sure which I should work on first though. Any suggestions friends?

((also, might be running to the store with my roommate for a bit, so will respond after I return~))

-Miyr

Baleron

Well, I seemed to be the only one aside from you interested in Kingdom Hearts, so maybe a Final Fantasy based one to make everyone happy? Up to you which one, since I've played them all, but never completed any of them.

Kineas

Sorry, KH is fine too~ but i'm gonna have to say if we do a networked universe that way I personally can't deal with too much silliness/comic relieffrom the disney style. u.u'

Baleron

Well, technically Kingdom Hearts is a mix between Disney and Square Enix... Why not instead of the normal "Disney Worlds", instead the setting can be a Final Fantasy world with Heartless?

Miyr

I honestly don't know if I'd want to do the Heartless. I might just want to to do something similar to KH, where people are brought together from other worlds, but are stuck on one. I am not into the sillyness/child like role plays myself, so it will definitely more mature. That and my characters will probably be 17 at the youngest. I prefer to do 18+ characters. I will start stewing on plots, I am home now and we are watching True Blood so am a bit distracted.

-Miyr

ashia starstreak

Quote from: Miyr on June 04, 2010, 08:20:46 PM
I think a Persona RP would be really cool, but so would a Final Fantasy RP, so I might actually just do both to be honest. Persona may need to wait because of the whole envoker thing (from P3) and such. Don't worry, as soon as I get plot ideas I will post them up Baleron! Might even be up for suggestions if people are wanting specific things. I like creating joint plots with my fellow typists.

That's right up my alley. My character is a summon. I wouldn't dare ask for a big part, but if ever you need a "boss" scene, I will play the part. Even one that you must beat several times, just as some of the games have. Besides, how could one do a final fantasy without involving a summon here and there? Personal messages work the best when notifying, though you have yet to be accepted I will check here when I can. I work a lot so I couldn't have big roles, but your thread did catch my attention. Farewell and good luck!

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Miyr

Quote from: ashia starstreak on June 05, 2010, 01:39:11 AM
That's right up my alley. My character is a summon. I wouldn't dare ask for a big part, but if ever you need a "boss" scene, I will play the part. Even one that you must beat several times, just as some of the games have. Besides, how could one do a final fantasy without involving a summon here and there? Personal messages work the best when notifying, though you have yet to be accepted I will check here when I can. I work a lot so I couldn't have big roles, but your thread did catch my attention. Farewell and good luck!

Ashia, so are you saying you would like to be a summon as in like Shiva/Bahamut/etc? And yes I'm not accepted yet, but as soon as I am (hopefully I will be) I can send you a private message to talk about this more privately if you desire or alert you if you are needed.

FYI haven't finished writing up plot ideas yet but I will hopefully soon. True Blood is really REALLY interesting so am super distracted lol.

-Miyr