The Sins of Our Fathers – Comic Book Crossover (Recruiting!)

Started by Life in Color, April 21, 2016, 06:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Gannameade on March 26, 2018, 11:22:54 PM
Tactician : Deathstroke / Vixen as parents???

or don't really know what is fully allowed.

I believe Deathstroke has been taken, hasn't he?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Peanuts

Yeah that's a pretty nice pic la dame

As far as Deathstroke I believe he's already been used. You can find a slightly outdated list of parentage claims here
If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Haven't got an On/Offs thread, so check my RP preferences instead.

Vergil1989

Someone might already be in use as a parent, but as long as you ask and the player agrees, you can certainly try and come up with something.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Life in Color

Ace is using Slade.

There are a lot of things that haven’t been used, though.

Peanuts

Hmm, like poison ivy... kind of surprised about that.

Looked over Binah yet LiC?
If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Life in Color

Quote from: Peanuts on March 27, 2018, 12:07:21 AM
Hmm, like poison ivy... kind of surprised about that.

Ish.

She is a misanthrope. People are gross.

It's on my list to do tonight.

<3

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Life in Color on March 27, 2018, 12:11:31 AM
She is a misanthrope. People are gross.

She could have a kid with Audrey. :P

Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

tuckers02

Gannameade

Life in Color

Gannameade

Kuroneko

Magneto is not free. I'm playing him and handling various Brotherhood characters.

I'll be giving Life a list of characters I plan to use shortly for her to post.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Peanuts

Life in Color

Life in Color

Hey, Gannameade.

Thanks for the sheet.

I'm gonna take the weekend to let it marinate and then I'll boop you a PM.

<3

Life in Color

Updated roster...

I think?

*dies under all of the character sheet submissions*

Peanuts

Life in Color

Peanuts

Life in Color

Life in Color

Bump-bump-ba-bump.

Still sneaking a Sneaky for the Avengers - I mean, Unity Squad.

Could you stop hiding for, like, two seconds?

Pls.

Suicide Squad needs updated.

:]

TheVillain

Well, I did have an idea for that world. Not sure about the specific team or role though.

==Basics==

Name: Jonathon Olstrum
Nicknames: Johnny, Johnny-O, Hillbilly Solid, Sparky
Aliases: Johnny Ohm
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Relationship Status: Single
Kinks: Surprisingly vanilla, considering.

==Relationships==

Family: The Olstrums of Hinton, South Carolina.
Players: [I don't know what this means.]

==Description==

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 180 lbs

Physical Description: The 6'2" Johnathon Olstrum has a powerful build, black hair, and blue eyes. A southern boy at heart, his most dramatic defining feature used to be a series of tattoos up his arms and across his back that together read "Fear No Danger / Shun No Labor / Lift Up Rifle, Pike, and Sabre". Since then however he's also acquired a large quantity of scars from electrical burns. Dresses and is thoroughly into the "Rock-A-Billy" culture with a healthy mixing in of Biker culture as well. Keeps fit and lifts weights, a habit he got into in prison.

Personality Description: Just a Good Ol' Boy that don't mean no harm. If it was up to him his weekends, and most weekdays, would be spent either fixing up motorcycles, riding motorcycles, or at home with a bottle of bourbon, rock-a-billy albums playing, a round of poker among friends, and maybe some female companionship at the night time. He's definitely got more then a little bit of a hotheaded streak and he is slow to trust, especially authority figures, but otherwise he's surprisingly laidback and friendly, considering how much effort has been spent on selling him as a murderous bigot. On paper he's committed a string of murders, first with his bare hands then with his newly acquired electricity powers but he insists he's being framed. The twist is that he's actually telling the truth, he really has been and is being framed for a string of murders that he wants to get to the bottom of and stop.

Background/History: Johnny Olstrum came of age in South Carolina with a family that for most of his formative years was so poor that they couldn't even afford electricity. Bitter and ashamed of his lower class roots, Johnny had an instant distrust for others. A true loner and rebel, he could barely contain his rage and was constantly on the lookout for trouble. He spent his life running afoul of the law, and on paper he crossed the line from petty criminal to murderer when he was 24 when he supposedly beat two gay men to death with his bare hands in a bar brawl during Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Except he didn't. The truth is that while he was in the bar at the time and extremely intoxicated, he actually tried to stop the murders that were actually committed by bigoted and corrupt police officers. Framed for the murders, he was sentenced to the Electric Chair - all the while he professed his innocence but it just made him seem like he felt no remorse. A year ago they flipped the switch on Johnathon Olstrum, but it looked like something went wrong and Johnny survived. So they let him heal up then tried again, twice. After his third round in the chair the prison blew a transformer which Johnny used to escape.

At least, that's what he thinks happened. The truth is, Johnny doesn't remember what happened in that prison after the third time they tried to fry him. He just knows that a few days later he woke up in a cheap motel room outside the prison in fresh clothes and the wiring in the room was calling to him. Surviving three rounds in the Electric Chair, then waking up with Electricity Powers? Can't be a coincidence, and Johnny is going to find out what's going on - and clear his good name while he's at it. Except people are still dying and he's still getting the blame for the new murders. He ain't a smart man but someone's got to stop this, and he's determined to see it through to the bitter end. Fear No Danger, Shun No Labor, Lift Up Rifle, Pike and Sabre.

==The Special Stuff==

Roster Position: -N/A-

Powers: Johnny Olstrum is now known in the media as Johnny Ohm, a bigoted and murderous supervillain with terrifying electricity powers. Truth is, in his own words, he's actually a pretty open guy and "I ain't ever killed nobody that wasn't tryin' to kill me first", but the electricity powers are very real.
Electrical Resistance - For reasons as of yet unknown, Johnathon Olstrum's body was unusually resistant to electricity even before he officially got his powers. Too the point that he survived three rounds in the Electric Chair.
Electrical Absorption - Johnny Ohm naturally detects and absorbs electricity in the environment around him, even static in the air. He doesn't even seem to need to be conscious to use this ability and with a bit of concentration he can use this offensively to depower machines and vehicles, for example.
Electrokinesis - Johnny Ohm is a full-fledged Electrokinetic. Johnny Ohm doesn't seem to generate his own electricity, but he can absorb, store, and release large amounts of electricity for a varity of effects including electrical energy blasts, electricution of opponents, ionization of materials around him, electromagnetic propulsion, and some basic manipulation of nearby electromagnetic fields.

Skills: Johnny Ohm is a middle-to-decent hand-to-hand melee combatant from the school of bar brawling. He's also a talented mechanic, specializing in motorcycles. He also knows a thing or two about criminal networks.

Weaknesses: Besides the world believing he's a murderous bigoted electric monster? He loses a degree of control over his powers if submerged in water, and he doesn't seem to generate his own power but absorbs and stores it from things around him.

Extras: "Charlene", his Motorcycle. Slightly modified to insulate the gas-tank for an extra layer of protection.

Costume Description: "Costumes are for Pussies."
Blue jeans, work boots, a t-shirt (usually a band t-shirt for AC/DC or the Reverend Horton Heat), and a leather Biker jacket with banners that read "Fear No Danger / Shun No Labor / Lift Up Rifle, Pike, and Sabre".

==Related Goodies==
Theme Song: The Guitar Solo from Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Life in Color

Buuuuuuuuump!

Just need to find two more players and we will have a full house.