Shock me with your future! (sci-fi, looking for M or F)

Started by Beorning, June 17, 2014, 01:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello, everyone! Here's one specific idea I'd love to try doing...

Basically: I'd like to play a modern-day woman who, by some twist of circumstance, gets transported a few decades or centuries into the future. Once there, she gets to explore the (most probably) changed world - its society, technology, ethics... Quite probably, my characters will experience quite a bit of future shock!

I've got this idea when I thought what would, say, a person from Victorian era think, if he/she got transported into our era. I'd risk saying that they would have hard time adjusting, at least initially :) I'd like to RP this kind of shock - but with the twist that I'd get to see a world of the future, one I wouldn't know that well beforehand. I'd especially love to explore some sort of opressive dystopia, as I have a soft spot for these :) Just imagine, a modern person transported to the world of, say, Equilibrium...

As I mentioned, in this story I'd like to play a woman. My writing partner could play whatever role he/she wishes: a general GM/Narrator role, or some sort of male or female character... I think I can be really accomodating here :) When it comes to the way my character would get transported into the future, it doesn't have to be anything fancy: it could even get hand-waved as a freak timespace accident...

Any takers? If so, please PM me... I'd really love to get shocked by your ideas for the future! ;)

If you're interested, here are some other ideas of mine:

Beorning's old ideas thread
Beorning's stories for Nun(s) and a Wife

Beorning

I've received a few interesting proposals for this idea, but I'd still be interested in doing some more stories based on it! :)

Right now, I'd really be interested in some sort of scary, 1984 / Equilibrium style future dystopia :) Maybe this new Jessica Alba commercial will inspire you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlu8eOxMxI

I know, I know - but the beginning is deliciously dystopian, don't you think?

Also, to clarify some matters: I'm not really interested in post-apocalyptic and apocalyptic stories at the moment. Of course, dystopias can have apolyptic events in their backstory and that would be okay - but I wouldn't be interested in stories like Mad Max, Walking Dead etc. Also, with all respect, I'm not really interested in Shadowrun... that setting does nothing for me. The same would go for nekos and similar creatures - nothing against them, but they aren't my cup of tea.

And to add one more wrinkle to my request: with the writing partners so far, I've discussed the story in detail - and that included designing the story's future together. Now, I'd like to ask for something else: that you don't disclose everything to me beforehand. As the thread's title says - I'd like to be shocked! :) Or, at least, surprised. I'd like to explore your future along with my character, without knowing beforehand what it's like. We can discuss generalities, of course, but the aspect of not knowing everything would be fun for me.

Interested? PM me, please :)