In a World of Vampires. (Open to all)

Started by Katrina, July 26, 2010, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katrina

Megan walked down the street with her hands in the pockets of her jeans.  She was dressed pretty much as a biker chick, wearing a leather jacket that obviously wasn't hers.  She gazed about and paused at the crosswalk and crossed the street to the other side.

Her long blonde hair blew in the wind and her ice blue eyes seemed to reflect that she was older than she seemed.  Much older.

discordantentity

Darien was always looking around, as he walked down the street his shaved head with the tattoo of a grinning skull on it bobbed to his music.  Despite looking like he was a college freshman he was at least a century older that that, but his lineage was what made him so much more than boring.  His arms were covered in tattoo's as well, he was a Brujah who loved nothing more than just having fun and living his life without it being boring.  Taking a can of spray paint he started to tag a wall with his mark when he noticed her.

Stopping half way he headed over and grinned, making a fool of himself in the process.  "SO what brings you this way at this hour, doncha know this this is dangerous territory.  Just some friendly advice, some of the people around her don't like strangers."  He said as he kept grinning and put the can away.  He looked no older than nineteen, but he really was almost two centuries old.

Katrina

*Megan gazed up at him, unintimidated by his size or appearance.  She too was a brujah, though not as old as he would be.  She appeared to be 18 but in reality she was 65.  She canted her head to the side and smiled a bit.*

Nice artwork, she said in response to his tagging.  She gazed about a bit.  And thanks for the warning, but I'm fairly certain I can take care of myself.

Megan was never unarmed.  In her jacket pocket was a colt 45 and she had a silver plated dagger tucked in her boot.

discordantentity

"Thanks, I try.  You look like you could at least use some company, sorry but I've got few friends here.  Seems the bleeding fops have taken over, damn artists..."  He replied as he seemed like he was rather carefree about his opinions, getting a read on her as he talked and trying to figure her out.  This was interesting, Megan didn't seem like a normal person and she intrigued him heavily.

Katrina

She smiled some as she gazed at him attempting to read his aura.  If he could read hers he'd notice it revealed her to be kindred and curious.  She nodded her head.

Well, a friend I can definitely use.  I've not been in town long.  Actually only long enough to get lost about half a dozen times in two nights.  She laughed softly.  She wasn't your typical brujah, well, not until you ticked her off. 

discordantentity

"Well then your in luck my friend, I know this area well.  So where you from, or does that even matter between kin."  Darien replied as he smiled and then made sure that his knife was safe in his boot, as well as his colt .45 that sat behind his back under the jacket he wore.  He was glad to finally meet a friendly face, at least there was a few places that were under Brujah control.

Katrina

She slid her hands out of her pockets and off her colt as she began to feel more at ease.  She smiled a bit to him.  Well originally I'm from Savannah.  More recently, the DC area.  Too much politics there for me.

Oh, where are my manners?  I'm Megan Blake. She extended her hand to him.

discordantentity

Darien laughed at the notion of politics, the city was based on the lies and BS of it.  He had seen it pass by and the same old crap come rolling back in, it didn't bother him much anymore.  "It's an acquired taste, if you want to avoid it don't pay attention.  Darien Stone, originally from dublin.  So your from the south, passed through.  Nice country."  He said as he took her hand and shook it, though he was never one for formalities as they were never that grand around his associates.  But now he was just glad to help a fellow out here, make sure they knew the lay of the land.  Though he would take her to the safe sites and safe houses that remained.

Kraven Trollsbane

*i write in first person, hope that's not a problem.*

I stood hundreds of feet in the air. on the air actually. i was supporting myself with my wind magic.

i watched the night like an owl, looking for my prey. i was searching for the scum of the night,vampires.

five nights ago my little sister was killed by some of those blood sucking bastards. she was out with some friends, it was late, past her curfew. she took one of the back allies as a short cut, and that's where they got her.  she was torn to pieces but not a drop of blood anywhere, the corpse was bone dry.

i saw two people who might be vamps. i got a little closer, one looked like a street thug, the other a biker chick. they looked young, maybe they weren't vamps after all.
 A&A

Starlequin

Gunfire rang out through the building and into the streets outside. A fire was starting to spread through the upper stories, but not quick enough for Leon Brentwood's taste. After wasting most of the nest upstairs, he rushed back to the ground floor and made for the back door. He dove behind a sturdy looking desk as a pair of Sabbat shovelheads came racing down the hall and unloaded their spray'n'pray peashooters in his direction. '"The job's a cakewalk, Leon, honest. A few Sabbat, four, tops, and all you gotta do is steal the ledger and empty out the safe. You could do it blindfolded." A few Sabbat, my ass! Seventeen, more like. Fucking Leroy. When I get out of this, I'm gonna stake your sorry ass and throw you in the fucking river!'

He caught the lull in the enemy fire as the shovelheads ejected their empty clips and fumbled to slam home some new ones. He swiped his hand across the back of his pants, both checking to ensure the ledger was securely ensconced in his back pocket and to withdraw a pair of M-60 frag grenades, and rose from behind the desk. By the time the Sabbat took aim once more, Leon was already halfway to the stained oak door. He threw his shoulder against the door and burst outside to freedom, the shovelheads' howls of rage accompanying his escape.

"You're dead, Brentwood! Fucking dead! Do you hear us?! Nobody messes with the Sabbat like this! We're gonna hunt your ass down and mount it on our wall, a piece at a time!"

As he ran out the door he felt the sting of the shovelheads' 9mm rounds burning between his shoulders; one of the pricks must have gotten lucky and winged him. The sudden pain made him stumble, and he leaped forward and fell into a crouching roll. His fingers deftly pulled the pins on the grenades. He whistled sharply at the oncoming vampires and called out tauntingly. "You suckheads couldn't catch shit in a sewer!" And with that, Leon tossed the armed grenades through the open door at his pursuers. Then for good measure, he pulled his twin McCluskys out of their holsters and fired rapidly through the doorway, just in case they decided not to take their medicine.

The blast was almost enough to knock him on his ass, and as he rocked back on his haunches he held the Desert Eagles on the doorway, anticipating a renewed attack. His worry was unwarranted, however, and after several seconds, Leon rose to his feet and holstered the pistols. He checked his pocket once again for the ledger, and turned to make his exit. He could already hear the sirens in the distance. 'Wow. 22 minutes; the boys in blue must have only stopped for coffee on the way in this time.' Leon ducked down a side alley and headed for his haven uptown. 'Damn, what a way for a Kindred to make a living...'
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Dunnuck

"Ahhh shit!" Chris Flemming shouted, his car broken down outside. He growled with a slight hiss to his voice, punching his vehicle. "How many people in this damn city are going to try and kill me tonight? And now I don't have a car!" He shouted, kicking the vehicle. He heard an explosion in the distance and sighed. "That must be Leon god damn Brentwood..." He said, opening the car and sitting inside. A vampire with a broken down car. Hilarious. In a city where other vampires kill innocents. Icing on the cake. And then vampires that hunted HIM for not being like them. What the fuck else could be put on this cluster fuck of an ironic meal? He gripped the shotgun that lay between the seats of his tiny car, nervously taking the safety off. Tonight was probably going to be terrible.

He turned the key in the ignition, the car roaring to an unexpected start. "Praise the fuckin' lord!" He shouted. "Or whatever we vampires are supposed to believe in!" he added sarcastically. He drove carefully, sure to follow all laws of the road, anything NOT to get attention drawn to him. "Leon god damn Brentwood. He came to a stop when he seen two people. A man and a woman. One in a leather jacket. Chris himself was wearing a nice suit, that of either a business man or a member of the mob. He rolled by slowly, his car breaking down between the two. "You gotta be shitting me..." Chris whispered, smashing the gas pedal. He looked between the two young people in front of him. Something wasn't right.

Vampire...He thought to himself. They could probably smell him as well. And these could be the hostile vampires. "Fuck, fuck, fuck..." he cursed. He gripped the shotgun silently and sneakily.

Katrina

Pleasure to meet you Darien.  She paused in her words and looked about as she heard the hail of gunfire coming from a nearby building.  She shook her head some with a sigh.

She wasn't sure who controlled the city.  She herself, at one time , had been a Sabbat.  She bore the mark on her lower back to prove it.  Yet, she didn't agree with much they did and had really only blindly followed her sire in a night after her embrace.

She certainly wasn't rejoining them now, nor was she going to join the Camerilla.  They had too many rules and laws that made no sense to her.  Megan just liked to try to blend in and not stick out.

She gazed up as the car stalled between her and Darien. She tilted her head some and eyed the man inside a bit for a moment.

Ya need some help there?  She asked him with a nonthreatening smile.  She always was a little naive and too friendly for her own good sometimes.

discordantentity

The gunfire made Darien remember why this city was so much fun, Sabbat or Camarilla both groups were equally as bad to him.  Of course the Anarchs were being routed from this place, by the constant war between the two sects and the expansion of territory one made over the other and then lost.  "I know why don't we give the car a little boost there megan, where ya headed mate?  I hate these sabbat licks as much as I hate the cammies."  He then pulled out his colt .45 revolver and fired at the pursuing Sabbat, shouting out to them.

"This is Anarch turf you shovelhead freaks!  You and the bloody cammies have no right being here!  By the gods, and by the emerald isle herself get the fuck out of here!"  He then fired off another pair of rounds at them, if they came any closer they would regret it.  He had learned a few tricks from other clans back home, though mostly he'd learned to hone his edge in a fight.  The enemy of his enemy was his friend, and he could not afford to make anymore enemies since he had enough on both sides.

Kraven Trollsbane

i watched the action from up above as a car came rolling down the street and happened to stall right beside the two vampires. suddenly a second car came racing around the corner and skidded to a halt. the street thug pulled out a gun and began firing on the second car. i thought about getting involved but they all smelled of vampire so i though it best to see if they would just kill each other. then i could drop in and pick up one of the survivors and get some information.
 A&A

Katrina

Megan thought it best to keep her past a secret for now until she knew who she could and couldn't trust.  However seeing Darien fire on the other car she pulled out her colt and began firing as well. 

Something seemed odd though.  She felt as if they were being watched so she looked around and then up.  She spotted someone flying above them.  Well, that was something she'd not encountered before, but she turned her attention back to the sabbat, who would no doubt be after her if they knew she'd once been one of them.

With the Sabbat, you are with them or against them and since she'd turned her back on her sect, they'd be out for her head.

discordantentity

With the car in this shape and the Sabbat on their tail Darien began to look around for another vehicle he could steal, then he saw the person above them and made sure not to lose track of him.  A bullet flew past his head, and as that happened he saw what they needed.  A reliable but older VW van, he didn't care who owned it as it was at least solid steel unlike this thing.  "Hold them off of me, I'm going to make other arrangements.  Sorry sir but your gonna hafta get out of the vehicle, once we've switched I've got a use for this one."  He said to the man in the car as well as to Megan, the man was different but he was not going to let the Sabbat rhave their run tonight.  Not here, and especially not now.

Katrina

Megan moved into a position to cover him, ducking down behind the stalled car, emptying her clip and slamming in a new one.  She kept firing at the other car who was returning fire.  She glanced up for a moment at the flying one and seeing as how the other guy was still in the car, she moved to the side and opened the passenger door and using her strength, jerked the guy out along with his shot gun.

Kraven Trollsbane

i was a little surprised when the girl noticed me, most people even vampires don't pick up on people watching them and defiantly not when their above them. after the girl looked up the guy did too, i wonder if he noticed on his own or just looked to see what she was looking at.

i thought about leaving but why miss out on all the fun. as the street thug ran down the road to a old vw i heard another car come around the corner this one a big black suv now that just wasnt going to be fair vampire scum or not.

i sent a compressed arc of hardened air towards the van. it struck like a katana slicing a watermelon. the van literally split in half down the middle and then exploded, something must have sparked as it was falling apart.
 A&A

Katrina

As the black SUV that was heading their way suddenly exploded, Megan ducked down and gazed back toward it.  She wasn't sure what had just happened, but she was glad it did.

She glanced back up at the flying one.  Could he be an angel of sorts?  She'd had her encounters with fallen before. Some were downright evil, but others weren't.  COuld he be like them?

SHe gazed back toward Darien as she fired off a couple more shots, keeping the sabbat at bay.

Dunnuck

((is this chris' car being fucked uon? lol))
Chris held onto the shotgun as he was pulled from the car. He quickly stood to his feet and, without hesitation, fired the gun through the window, shattering it. The car that had been assaulting them was turned ro confetti, sparking Chris' bad temper. He fire in the direction of the male vampire as a warning shot. He walked towards the driver seat, appearing at the passanger's seat and climbing in with unbelievable speed. He had moved so fast that it looked as though he telported from the one side of the vehicle to the other. He was next to the woman before she knew it, desert eagle to the side of her head. He drew in close and smelled her deeply. "Vampire." He hissed angrily. "A delicious one at that," He spoke, hus british accent heavy. "Get the fuck out, darling." He growled. "This is my car. I worked for it. I own it. I payed it off. Get the fuck out before I have to shoot you in the leg and blood in my car." He warned.

Katrina

*Megan stared at him* Was only trying to help and get you out of a bad situation.  She backed away and out of his car and looked around for Darien.  She sighed.  Were things always this chaotic here?

She stepped back from the car.  I don't know where you plan to go seeing how the thing won't start anyway...

She rolled her eyes some.  And glanced back up to see if the flying one was still there.

discordantentity

Darien made his break for the van and found the door lock was already broken, though there were no keys inside,  Taking out a switchblade he cut the ignition wires and spent the next few minutes trying to get the things started.  The sound of gunfire and then an suv being sliced in half caused his hands to jump and it finally started, getting the the seat he threw some cheesy decor out and pulled up beside them.  "Last call for the Lincoln memorial, honest abe is good for one thing nowadays.  These fucks won't stop until the sun rises, and your car is already toast..."  He shouted as he saw the attitude of the person they were trying to extract, this was turning into a bloody threeway cock fight.  He had planned to get the other car tossed at their other attackers, so that it would provide cover.  Though now that didn't seem like such a good idea, since the person above them was probably the guy who sliced that suv.

Katrina

Megan took one last look at the guy in the car before making her way toward the van and the man she'd met earlier that night.  She climbed in and sat in the passenger seat with a soft growl, her fangs showing lightly.

Some people are so ungrateful... She grumbled as she stared out the window.

Dunnuck

Chris withdrew his gun from the woman. "Good point." He said with hesitation. He had no reason to trust these people, but he wanted to live. He holstered his desert eagle and gripped his shotgun, heading over to the other vehicle and climbing in the back. He kept his hand trained on the shotgun. He had not fired directly at them, had only taken broad shots as warning. "Sorry about that." He said. "Just that whenever I run into people like you, they try to kill me." He explained.

Katrina

Megan glanced back at him.  Don't judge us all by the sabbat scum that were after you.  Not all vampires are bad.

She huffed again and turned looking out the window, skyward.

Dunnuck

"Darling, it's safer to be judgemental than overly friendly." He said to her. "I'd rather be worried about survival than hurting someone's feelings." He explained.

Kraven Trollsbane

[hey Katrina would you mind putting quotes around what your character says, i have a hard time catching it as being said outloud and not as a thought]

i watched as the girl argued with the man from the stalled car, but in the end they all got in the van. the other group was beginning to move up now. trying to get a better shot at their enemies.

i couldn't believe how bad a shot these vampires were. the only people hurt or dead were the scum in the fan i sliced. those kids would never live if they didn't start doing better.
 A&A

Katrina

Megan looked to him again.  "I see, so you have a shoot first ask questions later approach? Tell me how that makes you different then from the Sabbat? Can't you tell help from harm??"

Megan sighed.  She always had had hard time with the killing part of being a vampire.  She would when she had too, though the thought didn't actually appeal to her.  She'd survived this long by flying under the radar.  So much for that idea now.

Dunnuck

"You need me to take care of these guys, darling?" He asked, kicking the back doors of the van open. He walked out of the vehicle and towards the enemy vehicle, firing a shot into the windshield just before disappearing and appearing next to it. He looked down at his suit and frowned, wipping the gun residue off. The car spun out of control, the driver having been nailed. He cocked the shot gun as the vehicle hit a light post. He walked over to it and shot anyone who he thought could move with the desert eagle. He climbed back into the van as the other two looked at him. "What? I been doing this since you were drinking blood from a bottle." He said, his voice accented heavily.

"And as for shoot first and ask questions later, it normally works when shots are fired without anyone explaining whats going on. Having humans, vamps, and everything in between treat me as hostile, shoot first and ask questions later is a nice concept. Not to mention I fired broad. If I wanted to hit you, I would of hit you."

Edit: added that last part

discordantentity

"The lad is right, but I've always been a bit of a softie when it comes to those chased by my enemies."  Darien said as he took off and started driving, he'd forgotten to rip the plates off and switch them with another vehicles though.  But as he drove he looked through the music, and was tossing CD's out the window as they were all crap.  Nothing fast and hard, like the old school punk or metal he listened to.  "Your lucky it wasn't those bleeding cammies, what did you to piss them off.  Now this has got to be quite a tale."  He asked just as the new guy went to keep them off their tail.

Katrina

*She settled in the seat.  St least they wouldn't be coming after them now, but the sabbat were like roaches.  Where you saw one or two there were many more you didn't see.

"So, where are we going?"

She looked back to the one in back.

"I still think your logic is a little flawed but thanks for not shooting me back there."

Dunnuck

"Any time, doll." He sad, leaning back with his shotgun. "I wouldn't expect you to understand my logic. It's specific to my situation." He explained.

OOC: This set in DC you say? I pretty much live there. Metropolitan area

Katrina

(OOC: No, New York.  She was from DC)

*She nodded some.* "Well, I guess we all have our reasons for doing what we do."

Megan had made it a point to cling to her humanity.  She wasn't giving it up no matter what anyone said.

Dunnuck

"So tell me. Do you two feed?" He asked.

discordantentity

"I know a nice spot that we can hide, not many would go near the hole we're entering."  He replied as he drove and rounded a corner, finally stopping in front of a rather rundown looking bar he got out slammed his fist aginst the reinforced door.  "Niki, I'm back and I've brought some newcomers.  One of them's draggin some crazies, open up!"

Katrina

*Megan nodded.* "I do when I need to yes, but I don't kill my victims.  I never take too much.

(OOC: I gotta run out for awhile. Just take Megan with ya'll and don't let the sabbat get her.  ;0 )

discordantentity

(back later, internet is being so fucking slow... RAGE!@!!!!!!)

discordantentity

"Not a very smart question to be asking in the open, but yeah I do and let them live.  Slide some cash or drugs their way, let them go."  Darien replied with as the door opened and a rather rough girl who looked 17, waving them in she shook her head at the van and sent someone to get rid of it.  "You had to forget Stone, I don't care who they are for now...  Get in and keep out of others business..."  Darien entered as he tossed his jacket onto a stand, inside was a well maintained bar that had a decent crowd.  All of them were Anarchs and Stone pretty much lived here, the name was not on the outside but above the bar.  "Welcome to hornets nest, where they can leave their rules and BS outside as well as their pathetic hides..."  He regarded Niki like one would their sire, and by her fiery red hair and green eyes it was probably the case as she could easily from the same place as him.

Kraven Trollsbane

i watched as the van drove off leaving dead vamps and a blown up suv and car. i followed them to some dank little alley and watched them go into a heavy steel door. it seems they forgot about me during their fight. i slowly lowered myself to the alley and approached the door. i knocked and waited for the same young girl to open the slide. she didn't, instead i must have gotten the bouncer. "who are you." he asked toughly "just someone who wants a drink" i reply. i didnt know it was a bar when i knocked but i could smell the alcohol. the door man sniffed me and snarled "your not a vamp, who told you about this place."  "no one told me i just happened to see some friends come here one time and thought i would check it out." i replied too calmly "look i dont know who you are but you better get out of here before i eat you." he growled. "come and try" i offered the side of my neck tauntingly.

i jumped back as the door flew open. the vamp was fast but not faster than me. i sent 3 blades of air at him, each one sliced cleanly through, one at the waist, one at the chest, and one at the neck. he was dead before the blood sprayed the wall behind him. i stepped over the messy dead vamp and entered the bar, closing the door behind me.
 A&A

discordantentity

Like clockwork the moment the door closed every weapon in the place was out and all eyes were on this newcomer, though they were all held as the woman held up her hand and left the room.  She didn't want to deal with this one, she would relegate it to her only child that came across with her.  Darien got up and pointed his gun at the intruder, grinning like he was amused and annoyed.  "Welcome to the hornet's nest, what kind of daft bugger be stirring the crowd tonight.  Ye have two seconds to start explaining, starting now."  He then put his thumb on the hammer and chuckled, hiding his eyes as this one was not even close to being human.  "One..."  Then he pulled it back and started to speak as he watched to see how they would react, would they attack or would answer honestly which was usually the best thing here.

Dunnuck

EDIT: oopslol

Dunnuck

"May I make a healthy suggestion, friend?" Chris asked the man who waltzed in with murderous intent. "Fuck off." He said.

discordantentity

"That's one down, now on to the daft bugger who decided to kill one of us.  Go sit down and have a drink then, best whiskey this side of the hudson.  Take the lass with ye, we'll talk after this."  He then turned to face the even stranger one and drew his knife that he held with the edge to the guys throat, sure he had aided them but then again enemies often came in the guise of friends.  This one he was not going to give even two second, he had one and it was going to be gone right after he interrogated him.  "Be ready to spill after I am done talking, or it'll be your head that is decorating this floor.  Tell me who the hell ye are, and why the hell yer in here.  Now that I am done, waggle that tongue truthfully and all these weapons'll go poof."  He leaned in as he did it, and gave the second guest the look of someone who was not adverse to killing.  In fact Darien had been turned while on death row back in the 1800's when it meant you were hours from the gallows, all for the crime of killing a corrupt man who had powerful friends when his life was in danger. 

Kraven Trollsbane

the room erupted in a flurry of action, all eyes and weapons trained on me. on of them moved in behind me and held a knife to my throat. "your dead friend out there attacked me, i simply defended myself." i said quietly. "and if you value that arm you had better think wise of your decisions from now on." i sent a wire thin flow of air at the knife pressed against my neck. the flow severed the blade from the handle. in the shocked silence that followed i stepped back and introduced myself

"i am Kazuma Yagami. i came here seeking information on who murdered my little sister. now i can ask nicely or..." i gestured to the pile of vamp meat in the alley.
 A&A

Katrina

Megan who didn't look old enough to drink herself and by human years, wasn't glared at the tender who gave her the rum and coke she'd asked for.  She looked over as the flying one entered.  SHe could feel the tension and made her way over to him.

"Wait Darien..." she said as she stepped rather close to the stranger.

"If he's who I think he is...I highly doubt you or anyone here could take him down."  She gazed up at the stranger. "you helped us back there...didn't you?  Are you a demon?"

No point in beating around the bush with her questions.

Kraven Trollsbane

" if i was a demon do you think i would have a little sister. or that i wouldn't have just slaughtered you all. no i am not a demon but the second part is still right."

i looked at the girl who had spoken, god she looked young, i wonder how old she really was. "and i helped you because i dont like injustice, or unfair fights."
 A&A

Dunnuck

Chris approached the man, standing tall in his suit. "I highly suggest you leave." He warned. He turned to Megan. "Maybe you all cant take him down." He said. "But I can." he stood, hands in his pockets. "Suggestion, pal: Fuck off."

discordantentity

"Tch...  I'll relent, bested twice in one night..."  He replied with as he stepped back and then when Megan stepped in Dariens eyes went wide, demons were bad mojo for anyone here.  If one came in the place might clear unless they knew it was going to follow the rules, which were simple common sense in a den of rogues.  "Demon or no demon, follow the rules and we'll get along nicely.  Information's gonna cost ya however, and Lady Niki is the one you'll want to talk to. You agree to the rules Yagami, no fighting and Niki's word is law no matter what."  He then went to the bar and got a triple of whiskey, before returning and waiting for answers to evrything.  If Yagami was here  just for business then they could profit, gathering his bullets and gun he reloaded it and put it away.  He had no issues if this man was being truthful, maybe he was some kind of ninja like those from fiction.  "Some kind of ninja then?"

Katrina

Megan eyed the one in the suit.

"You know...I don't think we have exchanged names yet..." Megan said.  She extended her hand to him.  "I'm Megan Blake.. but I must say, if he's a demon...trust me...no vampire can take a demon out alone.

Kraven Trollsbane

i looked at the man in the suit and measured him, just a normal vamp from the looks of him "friend you might want to clean up the language, there are ladies present." i turned away ignoring him.

the street thug returned with a drink and asked if i was a ninja i laughed "no im not a ninja, im a contractor, the first in hundreds maybe even thousands of years. im more like a mage than anything else. and nothing is free in this world, what kind of payment is required." i reply sinisterly
 A&A

discordantentity

"Darien Stone, and I'm not one to let even something like a mage walk free.  No tricks, kept yer nose clean."  He said also offering his hand, but for now business came first then the goods later.  In fact they needed something, and it was hard to get due to the current fight for control of the city.  "We can talk business upstairs, in fact here is something ye can help us with.  We make the deal first, then you get to talk to my sire.  She needs to know yer safe, too many enemies."  He was more than happy to do what it took to get results, even if the information requested took some looking into and would take a bit.  So for now he would negotiate the price, and then he would make sure that both ends would be honored.

Katrina

Megan tilted her head some.  So, a mage. She'd dealt with them too.  She stepped to the side of the vampire in the suit so the mage could approach Darien.  She took a sip of her drink and eyed the crowd wondering if they were all vampires.

Dunnuck

Chris laughed. "My name is Chris." He said with the british accent. "Chris Flemming." He finished, his accent now legitimate Australian. "At least that is my name here." He said, his voice now a thick African. He opened is arms in a gesture with a smile. "I am international. Americans are so closed up in their own country, they have no idea what is going on in the world." He growled with a Russian accent. All his accents were perfect, as if he were a native of the country. "I am no normal Vampire, brudda." He exclaimed with a Jamaican accent, walking around the man. "Same reason I do not need to feed. Same reason why I am so quick." He laughed at his accumulated accents and dialects. "Enough of the games." He said, returning to his British accent. "The name I am most popularly known by is Daybreaker." He told her. "I'm over four hundred years old, and there is a reason I have survived this long. You're probably, what, fifties or seventies? And you look like a teenager. I don't look that much older than you. By human standards I would have to say I look twenty four." He rubbed a hand along his face. "I age a lot slower than a typical vampire as well, if I even age that is." He said with a laugh.

"Boo fucking hoo. You lost your sister. You probably just killed someone's brother. Father. Uncle. Friend." He turned and looked at everyone in the room. "That would be enough to shoot this self-righteous prick right now." He quickly turned to the man. "And I do not suggest you try that air shit on me. May not have the desired effects." he said with a devilish grin.

He looked to Darian Stone with a scowl and grimace. "Negotiate with the man that just killed your bouncer. Yeah, that makes sense. Because everyone goes into a business transaction by killing a doorman." He went over to the bar and sat next to Megan. "The fucker." He said referring to the mage, taking a drink of liquor.

Katrina

Megan gazed at Chris.  By all standards he was an elder.  She looked to the stranger and then to Darien.  Things were becoming more and more tense with each passing second.

"Well...yes...I'm only about 50 in vampire years. So...you've traveled the world?  It must be nice to see so many far away places" Megan spoke in an attempt to ease some of the tension.

discordantentity

"This place needs to keep running, and certain supplies require delicate methods.  Chris you do understand that right?"  Was all Darien replied with as he looked around and whistled, so they all were paying attention.  He would get a new bouncer right away, by any means.  "Who ever has the biggest tab so far get to watching the door, and I'll see it erased.  That's all, now treat our guests properly."  He grinned as a rather large gangrel stood up and headed to take the slain bouncers place, that was the joy of this place was that even Anarchs had rules and someone ruled the roost.  He was often the one to enforce that persons will, as it was her bar.  "Sit down and relax, have a drink or something."  He said to Chris, since megan had already gotten herself settled here, she fit in quite well.  "Nice skill, only the third person in two hundred years that could control their voice."

Dunnuck

"Yeah it is. Always downsides, though. Like murder where the murderer has their own sick justification. Personal or otherwise." He said.

Katrina

She gazed to CHris a moment before moving to the bar and a guy offered her his stool and bought her a drink before he moved off to play pool with his buddies.  Megan turned and watched the crowd as she sipped on her second drink.

discordantentity

"Business is business, and this city is full of opportunity.  So why was the Sabbat so pissed at ye Chris, what did ye do to stir that pot to boiling over."  Darien was still interesting as to why that scene happened, as now if it was serious then he had just invited trouble into the doors and things would get ugly later on.

Kraven Trollsbane

i ignored the man named Chris. he was just some loud mouthed boaster as far as i could tell. he might be a long lived vamp and maybe even a challenge for a fight, if i didnt take him too seriously. i had enough power to level a city block if it was my desire, though that would probably kill me from using all my power at once. though his comment about my air tricks not working right was a little odd. i know he had never met a contractor, so he couldn't know how my power affected him, what did he mean

"a pleasure to meet you Darien." i said as i took his hand and shook "let us go and talk business."  i released his hand and turned to the Girl "and who might you be my dear?" i asked her rather formally.
 A&A

Katrina

Megan gazed to him and smiled a little "I'm Megan. Megan Blake."  She offered him her hand.

discordantentity

OOC: I'll be gone for an hour or two, housework needs doing before my folks get back and I have an hour and a half.  I put it off till last minute...

Dunnuck

"Bastard." Chris grumbled, talking about the mage. "What did I do?" He asked in a laugh. "I think it would be better to ask what I haven't done." He said. "Well, where to begin. Lets give a brief summary of a few things: assassination, witch craft, treason, murder, mass murder, human rights violations, religious squabbles, adultery..." He sighed. "List goes on. I have been around, that's for sure. People always read fiction saying 'oh so and so is thousands of years old' or 'hundreds of years old' but what they don't get is how long it actually is." He waved his hand, a bottle of liquor shooting to him with a gust of wind. "Picked up a few tricks along the way." He held open his hand and sat the liquor on it, and immediately it cooled. "No mage, though. Don't have the capability like the prick over yonder." He took a drink, setting the cold bottle down. "Can't do much past summoning the element." He snapped his fingers, the tips lighting in flames. "Probably not enough to use in a battle. Except the wind thing. I can use that to grab things from afar." He rubbed his hands together, a few strands of electricity shooting out.

"I've dealt with his kind before. Pretentious, like me. Except with only the experience of one life." He took a sip. "People that no one can beat them. Guess they never got the lesson I learned the hard way: there is always a bigger fish." He looked over too Darien. "Yes, I am a vampire. Yes, I know magic. Yes, I have come in contact and danger with demons, and I lived. That's got to count for something." He leaned forward. "Life is tiring. I'm waiting to finally die. Waiting for that eternal sleep. Hell, I cannot even remember what sleep is like. Haven't done it in so long. I don't get sleepy anymore, so falling asleep is hard." He stretched. "So if this guy can actually kill me, more power to him. But I doubt it." His eyes were low, bored. "I am waiting to die though; waiting for death to find me. I'm not going to hand my life over on a silver platter." He let out a stretch.

"So I have done a lot of things. Made a lot of enemies. A lot of friends. Sabbats can take their pick of the many reasons to want me dead."

Starlequin

Leon slipped through a maze of alleys and side streets, oblivious to the violence that erupted behind him. His job was done for the night, and he was dangerously low on ammunition anyway. He skulked through the shadows until he reached the relative safety of a crowded street, then blended into the crowds. A few noticed his singed and charred clothes, and he received quite a lot of odd looks from passers-by glimpsing the bullet holes in his jacket, but thankfully nobody decided to stop him for a chat on the matter. No cops, either, thank the night; most of the local LEOs were about as threatening as a sack of potatoes, but any notice from officialdom could still make his life hell.

After almost a half hour of walking, Leon grew tired of beating the sidewalk and hailed a cab. One of the Whites pulled up and he slid inside, gave the driver his destination and leaned back in his seat, his eyes closed. He payed no attention as the cabbie started going on and on about the latest Jets game and what a shame it was about all the new illegals flooding into the country, simply nodding and grunting at the proper intervals. He could feel the wounds in his back stitching themselves closed, and the pain started to diminish. As usual, he hadn't even noticed how much it had hurt until it stopped. The Thirst was starting to build, though; he needed to get back to his haven quickly or the Beast might overtake him after all.

After a 15-minute eternity, the taxi pulled up in front of Leon's apartment building and he climbed out, tossing a couple 20s to the driver. The old doorman took note of Leon's condition and quickly turned, reaching into a small mini-fridge and offering him a small red bottle. Leon popped off the cap and guzzled it down right on the step. It was O+, thin and a little less than fresh, but it was enough to steady his shaking fingers.

"Ugh. Damn, I needed that. Thanks, Larry. You're a lifesaver, man." "Anytime, Mr. Brentwood. Rough night?" "Eh, not great. But I've had worse." Which was true. Leon tossed the empty bottle in a nearby trash bin and tapped Larry on the shoulder as he headed inside. Larry was a ghoul, and a servant to the building's owner. He looked about 70, but his real age was closer to 160. "Shall I expect any company tonight, sir?" Larry asked, surreptitiously fingering the .45 he kept tucked under his jacket. Leon shook his head with a grin as he pushed through the doors. "Sorry, Larry. Not tonight; you'll have to find some other way to pass the time." The old ghoul nodded, crestfallen, and returned to his post.

Larry had been working for his current master, Antoine Mereaux, for the last 90 years, and was constantly on the lookout for a chance to earn either a full Embrace, or the peaceful release of death. It had been so long, Leon didn't think even Larry knew which one he'd prefer anymore. He took an elevator to his pad on the 14th floor, sharing it with Mrs. Rubinski, an elderly Kine woman who lived on one of the floors above him. "Now what's a young man like you doing out at this hour of night, hmm? Gone to see one of those girlfriends of yours, I don't doubt?" She asked, teasing him as she always did about his nocturnal outings. "Why Mrs. Rubinski, I might ask you the same thing. A young woman your age oughtn't be out and about so late; hardly proper, is it? Another one of your gentleman callers, I take it?" Leon replied with a smile. He couldn't help laughing as the old woman blushed and giggled. "Mr. Brentwood, I declare you are an absolute card!" "I know, I know; someone should really deal with me...ah. My floor. Sleep well, Mrs. R." As the doors opened, Leon swept out into the hall with a flourish, waving goodbye to the old woman before the doors clicked shut with a soft *ding*.

Leon's apartment took up most of the 14th floor, and it was spacious enough to prove it. He snapped the deadbolt and the chain on the door, and immediately headed for the fridge. He pulled out a couple of blood packs and drained them into a cut crystal glass, tossed in a straw and slurped down his dinner. It was never as good as straight from the jugular, but food was food and he was in no mood to hunt tonight. He dumped the night's prize, the stained and torn ledger, onto a coffee table and swiped up the remote, settling in to channel surf for a while. Above him, crouched on the stairs as silent and still as a waiting snake, the eyes of a young girl in a dark leather vest watched him intently, a long, sheathed katana resting in her lap.

Dunnuck

Chris' phone sounded, a trancy echoing techno beat arising from his pocket. He checked the phone and shook his head, gripping it in his hand. He touched the menu button on the touch screen. "I will be back." He said to Darien. He exited the bar and headed outside. He walked down the street, messing with his phone. He sent the text message away and made his way to the Sabbat stronghold. He took a cab which dropped him off around the corner. "Leon god damn Brentwood." He cursed as he took a look at the damage. He looked down at his phone, responding to the text message that just arrived. He drew his Desert Eagle and fired it forward into the head of a Sabbat who had survived, without looking away from his phone. He holstered the gun and sighed. "Hopefully I can keep my name out of this shit." He said, putting away his phone.

As long as this guy was dealing with Sabbat, the name 'Daybreaker' would always be associated somehow. Hopefully he wouldn't be sent after. He tried to stay away from the more serious things; the people with resources. They were dangerous to him.

Starlequin

There was, as usual, nothing on television. Leon powered the TV off and tossed the remote onto the table in front of him, and reached forward to grab the corner of the ledger nearest him. He dragged it closer and flipped it into his hands, cracked it open and began scanning the pages; he was quite curious to learn what was so important about these records that he'd been sent to dust an entire Sabbat coven to acquire them. After forty minutes of study, however, his head starting hurting and he snapped the ledger shut. There was nothing in the pages that told him anymore than he knew already: that a couple of Tzimisce had moved into town and started getting into the club business, which was highly irregular to begin with; that the profits were being used to bankroll a number of local covens that were producing some new kind of street drug, and his client, Leroy Marsdale, a local Ventrue entrepreneur and real estate mogul, was worried that his properties were being used by the Sabbat for their own 'nefarious purposes', as he'd so colorfully put it.

While Marsdale was on his mind, he decided to give the pompous little bastard a call and express his disapproval at being sent blindly into a full Sabbat nest. He rose from the couch and went into the study, a darkly lit room filled with dusty old tomes and scrolls, moth-eaten pages and lovingly re-crafted books. Many were simply historical works, accounts and autobiographies of Kindred and Kine that had influenced the world without garnering the destructive attention of history, or lost volumes of poetry or literature from a hundred different ages in a hundred dead languages. Others were far darker in origin, scriptures and grimorums detailing mystical rituals, insidious magics, and detailed accounts of meetings with beings of both the Higher Planes and the Lower Realms. In life, Leon had been an avid scholar and historian, and undeath had not dampened his lust for knowledge. It was, he reflected from time to time, probably that very quality that had attracted his sire to him, a beautifully ancient Tremere sorceress by name of Veldana Deschaine.

He shook his head to clear the memories from his mind before they could grip him any further; there was work to be done. Reminiscing could wait. He rummaged through his desk for one of the many burn phones he kept active for contacting clients and other such business. When he found one, he turned and left the study, locking it tight as he left, and returned to the living room couch. As his fingers were about to angrily jam in Leroy's number, he glanced up and noticed the girl with the very large sword on his stairs.

"Oh, Neko. You're home. Good. There's food in the fridge, if you're hungry."

The girl nodded curtly and rose from her seat on the stairs, and stalked down to the kitchen as quietly as any Kindred. Leon was pretty certain the girl was human, but she was easily the most unusual Kine he'd ever met. She couldn't have been more than 12 or 13, and he was reasonably certain her real name was not 'Neko'. But it was the name she'd given herself when he'd taken her in, and that was alright with him. She had never spoken, not once in the two years since he'd found her wandering in an asylum one night while he was on a case. He had been hired to extract, or if necessary, assassinate, a Malkavian caitiff who had allowed himself to be captured by police, and refused to exit custody on his own. If the Kine had had the chance to study him, the Masquerade would certainly have been imperiled; the Primogen were adamant that the prodigal Kindred be educated as to the error of his ways, one way or another.

Leon had infiltrated the asylum without trouble, and the fledgling was easy enough to track down. But by the time he'd reached his target, the poor bastard had already killed two of the orderlies and was dangerously close to frenzy. Leon had had no choice but to put him down. As he was leaving, he noticed a young girl with a katana following along behind him. At first he mistook her for a Hunter, and turned on her with every intention to kill her in her tracks. But as he ran at her, the girl showed no sign of fear or anxiety. She never even drew her sword, which was almost as tall as she was. His hand stopped inches from her neck, and their eyes met. If anything, he was more unnerved by the encounter than she was. He turned on his heels and left the asylum, chalking the whole incident up to just another weird night in New York, and expected never to see the girl again.

And then she showed up in his apartment four nights later.

He'd been shocked as hell when he woke up one night and found her sitting on his couch, her katana still in hand. Her expression had been one of absolute serenity, as if she had every right and reason in the world to be there. Leon tried at first to engage the girl in some conversation, but quickly realized it was a lost cause. If she could speak, she wouldn't. The only attempt at direct communication she had ever made with him had been to scratch one word into his wall with the point of her sword. 'Neko'. In the end, he simply accepted her presence and she became something of a mainstay; she came and went as she pleased, she was never without her sword, and she gave the distinct impression that despite her age, she could protect herself quite capably. He never found out what the girl was doing in the asylum that night. And he doubted he ever would. She was very much like her namesake suggested: a master of the art of simply existing, without any obvious purpose or direction.

He returned his attention to the phone in his hand and punched in Marsdale's number. After a few rings, the Ventrue's secretary picked up. "Venture Enterprises, how may I direct your call?"

"This is Mr. Brentwood. Please inform Mr. Marsdale I wish to speak with him immediately," Leon all but snarled into the phone, his grip dangerously close to crushing the cheap plastic.

Kraven Trollsbane

i jerked a thumb at Chris as he walked away "cheeky fellow isnt he, and a little full of himself. ive met vamps twice his age, and they weren't very impressive." i finally turned to the girl "a pleasure to meet you my dear." i whispered knowing full well she could hear me. i took her outstretched hand, gave a formal bow and kissed her knuckles.
 A&A

discordantentity

"Business first, then pleasure.  First I need some answers from our new friend, he could bring trouble to us.  Please be patient."  He then listened to Chris before Chris left, and after that brief stint led Yagami up the stairs to a small office in the back.  Before Chris left he gave him a cautionary word, one that was serious.  "Don't bring them down on our heads, it's bad for business."  In the office there was maps of the docks and lists of names and numbers, some of them known smugglers who would smuggle anything for the right price.  Taking a seat behind the small desk he motioned to a chair, it was old and comfortable and had duct tape covering tears and a few cigarette burns.  "Now as you can see My sire and I have a nice little business here, something that is being stalled by federal officials."

Kraven Trollsbane

i chose to stand, quicker reaction time. "quite the place you two have here" i commented. "now we could chat like old friends if you desire but i prefer to get right down to business. what would you require of me in exchange for some information?"
 A&A

discordantentity

Darien put down a cargo manifest with eight items highlighted in green, while the contents read common household goods there was something different with the way they were handled.  In fact the one supplying weapons to both sides had been them, which would explain why despite the enemies this place was left alone and harboring an enemy like chris could compromise it.  "The specified cargo has been detained at federal warehouse #21, on suspect of being part of a major drug shipment.  My supplier got sloppy, and we need help extracting the highlighted goods.  You could say we made a major enemy in this purchase, the society of leopold.  It is in fact dragons breath rounds and weapons, stolen from one of their warehouses.  I intend to distribute them to both sides and further fuel more war, we profit greatly off of the two factions hatred.  In exchange we will help you track down what you seek, as long as it takes."  He spoke his matter plainly knowing that such a man he was dealing with could not be bought once a contract was forged, and this was good for both sides as it would mean that they fulfilled a contractual obligation that the camarilla was pressuring him on.  "Before i was kindred i was a smuggler, and my mistake was killing a client who double crossed me.  He had powerful friends, and I almost danced a jig at the gallows."

Kraven Trollsbane

" ah your war profiteer then, a good business. i will get your shipment. when and where do you want it delivered?"
 A&A

Katrina

Megan remained below since she hadn't been invited up.  The flying one was quite charming she thought to herself.  He could indeed make a great ally.   She'd do all she could to help him find out who killed his sister, though she could almost bet the sabbat were behind it.

discordantentity

"That is putting it a little harsh, but then the truth is never pretty.  There is an old hotel three blocks from here, condemned mind you.  It will be safe there, that is where I keep my personal stash.  Of course I hope for continued cooperation in the future, as you will have mine.  So do we have a deal?"  Darien asked as he let Yagami read the container shipping labels, he did not dare send anyone lest it expose the operation.  They sold arms to the french in WW2, which was a waste in their mind as the french had given up and tarnished their name already.  "I will begin to gather information right away, do you have a name and picture.  As well as where and how she died, information helps find information."

Dunnuck

Two Thousand Years Ago

Xenlia viciously ate at the young boy's neck, having been driven crazy with hunger. The boy lay in a pool of his own his blood, his body twitching slightly. "There he is!" "Oh my god!" "He killed him!" Were some of the things they shouted. Xenlia Moigrin was one of the few vampires in existence. He growled at the crowd of people, who were dressed in mere rags. "Get away from me he growled." They began to close in with their makeshift weapons, the immense heat of the summer bringing sweat to their brow. He growled out at them, retreating slowly. He stood to full length, blood lust in his eyes. "Get him!" One of the men shouted.

Florence, During the Renaissance

David Gilor'e was dancing heartily with a woman, who was adorned in a masquerade mask. Fireworks burst in the night sky, casting a light over the woman's beautiful figure. "You are quite the dancer!" She complimented in Italian, a laugh drawing from her body. He swooped her down expertly, and spoke in his soprano voice. "You aren't bad yourself, ma'am." He responded. Later that night, David and the woman were alone in an ally away from the closing celebration. "You're so bad!" She laughed, her exquisite accent and the beauty of the language ringing in David's ears. He drew her close, placing a kiss on her lips. Slowly, he began kissing down her neck passionately. "You're beautiful, you know that?" He asked in italian. She laughed bashfully as he stopped at the base of her neck.

He continued to kiss, leading her back to his place for some fun.

Iceland

It was about this time that he missed Florence, Italy. Those were excellent times, but now long gone. Hundreds of years. Now he was on the run, the first time in his life that he was in danger of dying. He fell to the ground, rolling and sprawling out. He quickly gained to his feet, running through the plain, mountains to either side of him. Blood trickled from his arm, and he was dangerously close to passing out. "He's over here!" One of the men shouted in their native tongue. Masik Guriela stumbled again, but keeping her footing. "Kill him! Kill him! Kill Cruor Perussi!" He shouted.

Present Day, New York

"Cruor Perussi; Blood Consumer..." Chris pondered. "One of the oldest vampires of all time." he reflected. "Right under the nose of everyone. And they don't even know. Leon god damn Brentwood...if he keeps digging he's going to know that Cruor Perussi never died so long ago in Iceland. He became Daybreaker. Lying to Darien wasn't anything big to him; he lied all the time. He had to to live. If anyone were to figure out that the fabled Cruor Perussi was still alive, they would hunt him relentlessly.

"Leon god damn Brentwood..."

Kraven Trollsbane

"we have a deal, young vampire."i perused the shipping manifest. this would be an easy job

he asked me for info on my sister, i had a dossier ready and pulled it out of my coat pocket. contained was a current picture, a map showing where she died, and a profile with her name and other basic info.
 A&A

Dunnuck

The police must have heard the gun shot because they came around to the back of the building where Chris was in a rush. he had no idea they were still there. Luckily, he had made his way by the time they got there. He needed to find Leon Brentwood. Get to him before he decides that Chris was an enemy, if it wasn't too late yet. Chris promptly made his way back to the bar, a troubled expression written on his face. He took a seat, wondering if he should ask about Brentwood or just let it go. He had been this close to being discovered before, but he never got used to it. He kind of liked what he had going here, and when he dies he wants to die doing something good. Not running and dying in some ally way and having his body experimented on.

discordantentity

Taking the Dossier Darien perused it and read carefully, it was enough to start searching and he himself would keep an ear out.  Still he headed over to and kicked an antiquated color photocopier so it would work as he made copies and a master copy for this task, the photo came out in color but it was a bit faded.  "Then do enjoy yourself, I have a lady to give company.  I also need to speak with my sire about this arrangement."  He then got up and offered his hand, so that the deal could formally be closed since a signed document was rather inciriminating.

Dunnuck

Chris approached Megan, standing next to her for a moment before speaking. "I am sorry about firing at you, ma'am." He apologized, more sincere this time. "But usually beautiful women are how my enemies get to me." He explained.

Starlequin

"Hello, Leroy Marsdale speaking." "Ah, Mr. Marsdale! This is Mr. Brentwood, calling about that contract assignment. I hope you're having a pleasant evening?" Leon said through clenched teeth, wishing silently he could find a way to burn that fat little toad to a crisp over the phone. "Oh, yes, yes, the job's done. Say, while we're talking, I don't suppose there was anything you perhaps neglected to mention? Any little tidbit or morsel of information that just, I don't know, slipped your mind? Like what? Oh, like, say, the fact that YOU SENT ME INTO A FULL GODDAMN SABBAT NEST FOR A ROLL OF FUCKING RECEIPTS?!?" He could feel the rage of the Beast welling up within him, and for several seconds he was so overcome with anger that his entire body tensed up and he imagined himself strangling the little Ventrue until his head popped off like a wine cork. As he throttled the phone, Neko watched patiently from the bar, scooping salsa onto some nachos from a little glass jar.

When he regained control of himself, he held the twisted phone back in place and listened to Leroy's panicky, static-filled voice trying desperately to smoothe things over with him. "Dat-dat-dat-dat-dat. Leroy. Leroy. Leroy, shut--dammit, shut up! Listen to me. Here is what you're going to do to keep me happy. And you want to keep me happy, don't you Leroy? Yes. Good. I'm going to bring you your damn ledger tomorrow night. No, not a damn minute sooner. And if you send a ghoul to pick it up, I'm going to send him back to you in pieces. When I bring you your little book, you're going to have my fee ready. Cash. Large bills. The usual, that's right. Except this time, you're going to pay me what the job was worth. By my count, I dusted 18 shovelheads in that damn coven, and every one of them died harder than the last. So you're going to pay me an extra $1000 for each one I killed. And then, just to top things off, you're going to throw in an additional $5000 as an apology for sending me in with such shitty intel. Are we clear?...Leroy? I said, are we--ah. Good. Then I'll see you tomorrow night. Good night, Mr. Marsdale."

Leon jammed the 'End Call' button so hard, the abused handset finally shattered. He dropped the ruined phone to the floor and moved to take a seat at the bar near Neko. He watched enviously as she spooned an ungodly amount of salsa on a chip and scarfed it down, her eyes on him.

"Don't look at me like that. Marsdale's an asshole, and he deserved every second of it. And more." Silence. "I mean it! He nearly got me killed! Again!" More silence. "I don't care. I'm not apologizing." Still more silence. "Oh, shut up. Eat your chips." Neko merely shrugged and re-focused on her snack as Leon pushed away from the bar and headed back to his study. "Let me know if you need anything, kiddo," he called before he shut the door. Of course, if she needed anything she would get it herself without a word to him; it was just something he always said, mostly because he felt like something should be said.

He wished he could have snagged a sample of the new drug the Sabbat were pushing; he would have loved to find out its base chemistry. But sadly the coven he'd hit tonight had not been involved in its production; only its financing. There were other ways he could pick up a sample, of course; if he felt like dredging through the ledger again, he probably could have determined shipping patterns, ingredient deliveries, enough information to give him a bare-bones picture of the drug's life span from cook to dealer. Or he could go out and hit the clubs, see if anyone was talking about some new slush on the street. But he didn't feel like it. The evening had taken more out of him than he cared to admit, and he just wanted to sleep. It was still pretty early, only about 3:30 am, but there was really nothing else to be done. He kicked his feet up on his desk, staring at the myriad maps that papered the wall over his desk. There were maps from dozens of countries, some modern, some out of date, some so ancient they depicted the world as a small, flat disc with the oceans pouring endlessly over the sides. On each were brightly colored thumb tacks, push pins, stickers and marker stains, color-coded according to a deeply complex personal system. The accumulation of over sixty years of searching; Leon's own private quest.

"Where are you...where are you hiding, Cruor Perussi?" Leon's last words drifted into nothing, as he fell into the sleep of the dead.

Dunnuck

"I don't typically feed." He said to the woman, sounding as if he was making an excuse. "I can't do it without killing the person." What he meant by that was he couldn't let them live. That and he didn't want to be tracked. His teeth marks were unique. Hell, his teeth were unique. Most vampires had the typical fangs, but not he. Most vampires have four puncture points, he has a unique eight. Behind each biting tooth was another, and all eight teeth were razor sharp and close together. Also, after the feeding the part of the victim's neck would turn black. He couldn't let people live because he couldn't risk them surviving the transformation process, which wasn't likely. It could potentially make them like him, and the world didn't need that.

Chris changed locations every couple of years. He would move from country to country, town to town, or state to state. He was forced to be a nomad.

Katrina

(OOC: Gotta head to work, but I will post when I return)

Katrina

Megan gazed up as Chris spoke to her.  She tilted her head some and offered him a small smile.  "You're forgiven. I understand.  Really, I do.  I know how the Sabbat operate."

If he looked close enough he'd see her eyes held a certain sadness revealing just how much humanity she still had.  Had he told her of his feeding issues, she could have helped.  Perhaps he didn't know, he could heal his bite mark with a simple swipe of his tongue and that it took more than a bite to make one like them.

Dunnuck

Florence, Italy, During te Renessaince...

David had decided to directly feed again tonight, though he was weary because the last few times he did it, things seemed different. He had not tried to turn someone into something like him in hundreds of years, yet the last time he fed, they acted as though they were beginning the process.

He stalked the woman, like a lion and it's prey. She was isolated, alone. He took her from behind, holding her mouth closed with his hand as he bit into her, bringing her to the ground. He kept it as clean as he could as he slurped the blood from her neck. His eyes rolled into the back of his head. He was sent into a frenzy, breathing heavily. His eyes turned black and blue, no white present at all. Then it happened. For him, the rules changed. Her body arched back and she let out a scream against his hand. Her eyes began to darken and her body twitched. The screams grew more intense and he clamped his hand down farther
Then, she chomped down on his hand, her vampric teeth already grown in. He let out a surprised shriek and drew away, looking at his finger that she had bit. 8 marks. He looked up and she was gone.

"Fuck!" David shouted, sucking the blood off of his hand and spitting it out. "Impossible." He said to himself.

The entire night he hunted what could be considered his kin. A bite isn't suppose to turn them. It never has in the past and he didn't understand how it was possible, just that it was. She had plenty of blood left within her and as far as he knew, none of his blood ever entered her body. Was this an advancement? Or a curse? Eventually he found her, prowling in the streets. He had to kill her. Someone like him was too dangerous.

Present Day...

"Thanks for your forgiveness, darling." He said in his suave voice.

EDIT: Added something at the end of flashback

Katrina

Megan nodded some as she sipped from her glass and gazed about.  A part of her wondered if the haven she had here at one time was still here.  She'd have to check it out and see.  She had to find somewhere to stay, that was for sure.

"Think nothing of it."

Dunnuck

"So how did it happen?" He asked. "How did you become a vampire?" He specified. "If...it isn't inappropriate to ask." He added at the end.

He needed to contact Leon god damn Brentwood. Maybe he would be willing to help Chris. He needed to feed. The urge was insane. Blood packs didn't give the same satisfaction. But it was too dangerous for Chris. His safeguards were almost all gone. Was it from his age? Licking the wound worked, but only to a certain degree. A small blacl patch of skin still remained. And he could no longer keep his victims alive because he didn't need to go through the entire process to turn someone. It seems like he was bred for war, but he had always chosen to stay out of those things.

"Do you know somewhere discreet...private, where I can get some tests done?" He asked.

Katrina

She gazed to him.  Tilting her head some. 

"Well, I met my sire while at a bus stop.  We became friends and he gave me a ride home. I don't think he ever intended to change me but it was one of those life or death choices.  Several weeks after meeting him, he happened to drop by my place during a break in.

The two men had left me for dead and I don't know what happened until I woke in Vincent's arms with a hunger I'd never felt before.  I...I killed one of the men, sating my thirst on his blood.

Vincent is no longer around anymore.  I haven't seen him in...well, years.

What kind of tests are you needing done?"

She spoke in hushed tones and left out the part about her once being a sabbat.  She'd tell him that later once she was sure she could trust him and that he wouldn't hear it and kill her without her explaining especially since he was being chased by them earlier.

Dunnuck

Chris smiled at her. "Just some stuff I want to get checked out is all." He responded. "It's nothing terribly serious." He said with a gesture of his hand. "You seemed interested in the world. Want me to tell you about it?" He asked

Kraven Trollsbane

i left Darien upstairs and went to the bar downstairs. i ordered a drink, vodka on the rocks. and proceeded to look for the girl.
 A&A

Katrina

She gazed to Chris.

"I'd like that very much.  Someday, I'd like to see other places besides what's here in the states."

Kraven Trollsbane

i scanned the room and saw megan talking to chris. i made my way over to them. "this job looks like easy money, well information"
 A&A

Katrina

Megan gazed over.

"If I can help in any way, please let me know. I'd be happy to help, though I've only recently returned to town."

Dunnuck

"I suggest Iceland. Scenery there is unparalleled. Japan is very cultured if you go to the actual japanese parts of Japan. Tokyo and Okinawa dont have much native culture; those areas of Japan cater to tourist. Russia's citizens are very interesting; always have good stories to tell. Their dedication to their country is astounding. Italy is has beautiful towns, the architecture is amazing. Australia and Africa both have amazing wildlife. The world has a lot to explore, Darling." He said. His gaze turned to the man from earlier, who approached them. He silently hissed under his breathe. "Anyways..." He said, ignoring the mage. "World is crazy. If you do plan on travelling the world one day, you will not be disappointed."

Katrina

She smiled some to Chris and heard the hiss.

"Perhaps someday I shall.  Someday when I find someone to travel with.  This life is getting old when you have no one to share it with."

Despite the sabbat driving her and her sire apart, it was after all the pack priest who cause her sire to go off in a jealous rage killing innocents and turning cold to her which ultimately led to her saying screw you to the sabbat, she still believed in love and all those human emotions.

Kraven Trollsbane

i ignored the hiss that Chris gave me. "i'd be more than happy to show you the world Megan, and you wouldnt even have to pay for plane tickets."
 A&A

Katrina

She offered the mage a soft smile.

"perhaps...though, my travels are strictly night travels.  The sunlight and I, we get along worse than you and Chris here do."

Kraven Trollsbane

"thats ok people dont tend to take well to a man flying with magic so i tend to travel at night too." i smile and wing at her
 A&A

Katrina

*She chuckled a bit.  "true enough"

Yes, I think the world might panic if they knew even a fraction of what's really out there.  That the things that go bump in the night aren't their imagination, but something much more.  And much more dangerous.

Dunnuck

Chris let a small laugh escape him. "It's pretty bad what people are capable of when in fear." He said, his memory lingering on Iceland. "For a vampire, a love life is different." He said, his vpice dark. "Love of any kind is. Especially when its shared with someone who ages." He sighed slightly. "Watching your partner grow old and die while you haven't aged a day can be hard. Friends, family..." He stared off for a moment. "Kids." He cleared his throat. "Just a hint of reality for you. Be careful who you care about."

Katrina

She looked to Chris. 

"Oh, I am...its why since my sire I haven't allowed myself to fall for a mortal.  Its too painful to let someone go.  Though on the other hand, being alone is even worse I think.  After all, a wise man once said, it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Dunnuck

"Was that wise man a vampire?" He asked. "Losing a love is different than watching them whither away and die. Completely different." He ordered a drink and took a sip of the liquor. "I'm heading out in the morning, but I will be back. Want anything?" He asked. "And before you ask, they call me Daybreaker for a reason. You don't get as old as me without a few perks." He said with a smile.

Katrina

She gazed to him and nodded some.

"I see what you're saying.  I'll be fine.  I'm going to head out and see if my old haven is still around.  If not....I guess I'll find someplace to sleep for the day."

Dunnuck

"You're welcome to sleep at my house of you like." He offered. "I don't typically sleep, so the bed is hardly used. It's also outfitted for Vampric needs. If you don't have a place to stay, just let me know." He said.

Katrina

Well, I suppose we could swing by and see if my haven is still standing.  If not, I'll take you up on your offer.  Of course...we need transportation to do that.

Dunnuck

"Alright. I'm on it." He said. He pulled out his phone and dialed. He looked over to Megan and said "Being as old as I am, money sort of accumulates." He waited for someone to answer. "Yeah it's me." He began. "Need a car. What? Oh that? You mean the low profile? No, no. No, it's fine I think. No, some asshole blew it up, it wasn't mine, though. Yeah. Mage. Not important. What kind? Uh, let me ask." He turned his attention to Megan. "Anything specific?" He asked.

Katrina

She raised her brow a bit.  He was letting her choose?  She smiled some.  "Mustang Shelby Cobra?"  She grinned a bit.

Kraven Trollsbane

"you know Chris i think you and i got off on the wrong foot. care to forget the unpleasantness." i offered my hand to shake. "and if youd rather i can easily fly more than just myself?" i offered lightly. i wasnt trying to intrude but considering what happened earlier i was thinking they might need my help if they were attacked in force again
 A&A

Katrina

Megan smiled at the gesture made by the mage and he did have a point.  She herself didn't even have another clip to her colt 45 and everyone knows you don't bring a knife to a gun fight.  She looked to Chris to see if he could let by gones be by gones or if he was one of those typical males who let pride rule his head.

Dunnuck

Chris glared at the man for a second. He stared at the man's hand, knowing that he killed someone who was merely a guard. Everyone makes mistakes. Chris' hands weren't exactly clean either. He stood and accepted the handshake. "You are welcome in the car." He said. "Who was that?" Came Chris' friends' voice over the phone. "Remember that asshole I told you about? Him." He said, a smile spreading to his lips as he teased the mage. The insult was no longer meant as offensive, just teasing.  "Get a Mustang Shelby Cobra. Don't have one? Purchase it, then. An hour? That's fine. Buy it from one of the Vampric manufacturers." He said, hanging up the phone. "You don't need to fly everywhere, you know." He said too the mage. "Sometimes its good just to relax and drive a bit. I insist."

He took a sip of the liquor and cast a glance at the mage. "How old are you?" He asked.

Kraven Trollsbane

"A drive sounds just fine." i replied "well this body is only 25, but when i became the contractor and gained my power i gained knowledge reaching back thousands of years, so you could say im kind of like you in that regard." i smiled "well we have an hour shall we have some fun for a bit then." i turned and called to the waitress that passed. "a bottle of your best vodka please." i handed her about 500 dollars "keep the change" i wasnt showing off i just knew that the best vodkas were almost 400 a bottle.
 A&A

Dunnuck

He shook his hands dissmissively. "Im only in my four hundreds." He lied. By now, he was an expert at lying. Even magic couldn't detect a lie from him.

Katrina

She smiled and relaxed now that the tension was gone.  SHe chuckled a bit.

"Looks like I'm the baby of the group." She said.

She'd always been the youngest.  Even in her old sabbat pack she had been the youngest.

Kraven Trollsbane

"well you know age isn't everything." i say dryly. the waitress comes over with my bottle of vodka "ooh this is good stuff." i take the bottle and three shot glasses of the tray and set them on the table. " do you guys want some?" i asked feigning seriousness. i wouldnt need three shot glasses if it was just for me. i went ahead and poured three shots anyway.
 A&A

Katrina

Megan tilted her head a bit.

"I've never had vodka.  Strongest thing I have had is rum and coke. But I'll try it."

Dunnuck

Chris took the glass and downed it's contents. "Taste expensive." He commented. "You should see some of what I have. Real vintage." He sat the glass down and checked his phone, sending a quick text message. "Have you ever heard of Cruor Perussi?" Chris asked. "One of the most infamous vampires. He traveled around the world for over a thousand years, viciously preying on the innocent in his quest for blood. Satisfaction. He had a nemesis, another Vampire who hunted him down most of his life. It's a tale told over and over again. Some think it's just myth." He put away his phone. "Some people believe he never existed. He was terrifying, evil, and ruthless. His hunter chased him down in Iceland and finally vanquished him, they say. Took his head right from his body and ripped out the fangs." he laughed. "Personally, I am one of the ones that think it is just myth. Sounds a bit far fetched. If you ask me."

Kraven Trollsbane

"cant say i have, i didnt know vampires existed till one killed my sister." i downed the vodka and poured Chris and i another shot. Megan was still looking at hers.
 A&A

Dunnuck

"Most of the fictitious stories of vampires in horror and night stories branch of him. Exaggerated stories, mostly." He said, downing the next.

Ink Slinger

Kayliegh was pulling the elastic tie from her hair as she walked into the bar.  She let her brunette hair with a sigh and ruffled it a bit.  Next she untucked the obviously starched white button down blouse she wore and removed the black tie.  She'd just finished a long shift at a swank restaurant and wanted nothing more than a few shots to wind down on before heading the few blocks home.  This had been her ritual since Nate had been promoted and became an absolute pain in her arse.

She headed straight for the bar and in soft, southern lilt ordered a whiskey straight up.
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Dunnuck

Chris looked over to the woman who had just walked in. She was...different from everyone else. In appearance. She was bright. When everything else was dark. "Hello there." Chris said, his accent still not letting up and still british.

Kraven Trollsbane

i noticed immediately when the air current changed, i turned and watched a woman enter the bar. i think she was human. im surprised she knew the place
 A&A

Katrina

Megan's eyes followed the woman as she entered.  Doing a quick aura scan revealed what Megan suspected.  Human.  Probably one of the few people in the lion's den so to speak that had a real beating heart.

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh looked around and when she realized the man had spoken to her she replied with a polite, "Hello."  And a smile. 

It wasn't really that she knew about the bar, but had happened upon a few nights ago after a double that had her typically bright, perky mood dark and storm.  She grew up in Atlanta and knew sometimes the least appealing bars were the best place to go unwind.   On her first trip in she'd been generally left alone aside from the few surprised stares, so she'd come back.

Dunnuck

"What brings a girl like you to a place like this?" He asked in his suave, soprano voice. He looked around for a moment. "Interesting contrast." he said, looking at the scenery against her clothes.

Ink Slinger

Of all the tired pick up lines... she thought.  "The whiskey is good and I don't have my boss breathing down my neck while I unwind." She shrugged as she answered him honestly.  "Kind of stumbled on this little place the other night.  It was quiet.  I like quiet."

Kraven Trollsbane

i watched as Chris smooth talked the human girl, was he jonesing  for a snack. well its not my business what working class girl gets her neck bit.
 A&A

Dunnuck

He let out a short laugh. "Was." He said. "The world is anything but quiet. You just have to listen." He told her, an amused smile on his face. He turned his attention away from her and poured himself another shot of the scotch. He laughed again, recalling what he said. " 'What brings a girl like you to a place like this'." he repeated in a laugh. "I assure you the question was literal; no other intention other than wondering what someone as..." He looked at her outfit. "Bright as you is doing in a place as dark as this. I think it is a perfectly reasonable question, don't you? The contrasting colors, anyways." he shrugged. "It will be silent again here soon, don't you worry about that." he said, finally downing the other glass of scotch.

Ink Slinger

"I didn't mean to be cold." She signaled for another whiskey.  "I do apologize for my rudeness.  It did sound a lot like a cheesy come on line." She wrinkled her nose.  "And this outfit, well it's what's required by my employers.  If I had any say the black and white drab motif would have to go."

Dunnuck

"Ah, I see." he said with a laugh. "This is Megan." he said, gesturing toward his friend. "And this is...shit, I never got your name, mate." He said to the wind man.

Kraven Trollsbane

"my name is Kazuma, Kazuma Yagami. pleasure to meet you." i replied more to the human girl than to chris
 A&A

Katrina

Megan watched the two men with her and chuckled lightly to herself.  She downed the shot and coughed a bit from its strength and almost growled.  COuld have warned me it was strong she thought to herself.

Ink Slinger

"Kayleigh" She smiled brightly.  "Kayleigh McBride.  Pleasure to meet you all.  Sorry if I interrupted y'all.  I won't be here long."  She looked at them each in turn and had to wonder how they each ended up there together.  They all seemed so different, but then, it took all kinds to make up a world.  She did a mental shrug and downed the new shot of whiskey that stood in front of her.

Katrina

Megan nodded to her.

"You didn't interrupt anything.  We were just chatting.

Dunnuck

"Yup." Chris agreed. He checked his phone again, sending another text. He received another, the sender being the same who is getting a hold of the car. 'Sabbats inbound.' It read. "Fuck." He said, grabbing his shotgun and standing. "Got some trouble coming. I'm going to lead them a little ways away from here. Like Darien said, it's bad for business." he said with a wink. He slung the shotgun over his shoulder, placing a securing hand on the desert eagle in it's holster towards his backside. He turned to Megan and Yagami. "Either of you up for it?" he asked.

Katrina

Megan pulled out her gun and frowned.  "I got three shots left and I'm out of ammo."

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh's eyes went huge as saucers.  What the hell did I stumble into? She thought.  Fear shot through her, cold and slithering, it settled in her belly.  How she had missed the shotgun coming in she was entirely unsure.

"I'm gonna need another." She signaled the bartender. 

Katrina

Megan hissed softly as she smelled the girl's fear and she gazed to her.  "Stay here...don't try to leave just yet. Right here is the safest place you could be at the moment."

Ink Slinger

She actually laughed at that.  "Well I certainly wasn't planning on heading the same direction as the guns..."

Dunnuck

Chris grabbed his Desert Eagle from his back holster and tossed it to Megan. "Do be careful with it, Darling. It's precious to me." He said with a smile.

Katrina

Megan smirked a bit and picked up the desert eagle and moved to follow.

Dunnuck

Kraven Trollsbane

i shook my head when chris offered his gun i didnt need bullets. i looked to the new girl, Kayleigh was it, then back to Megan, and Chris. " do you two need my help, or should i stay and protect her" i gestured at Kayleigh "and the bar"
 A&A

Ink Slinger

"What the hell is going on?" She looked at the three of them, confused and scared.  "Or do I even want to know?"

Dunnuck

"I think it would be safer if you understood." Chris told her. He stretched out a wide smile, showing his teeth briefly. He looked to Megan. "Come on." He said. "Protect the girl, Yagami." He said, heading out of the door. "Don't let anything here get messed up!" He called out, heading outside.

Kraven Trollsbane

"you got it boss." i yelled at him sarcastically as he and Megan ran out the door. "i'll explain anything you want to know." i offered to Kayleigh.
 A&A

Dunnuck

Chris led Megan outside and pulled out his phone, looking at the GPS. "This way!" He said, running down the street left, then taking a right. "Ok we will have to make do with what we have...take cover behind that bus stop." He said, pointing. "Im going to be over here near the trash can. I know it isn't the best cover, but it will do." He said, heading to the opposite side of the street as Megan. He ducked behind the trashcan and waited. He looked at his GPS, watching the blue dots that represented the Sabbat. There were four, indicating four vehicles. Chris readied himself as he seen the headlights. Then he recieved another text message.

'Do not engage' it said. Chris knew by now not to question. "Stay down! Do not shoot!" He called out to her.

Starlequin

~Madrid, 1764~

Leonardo de Brentzio awoke as the last rays of sunlight were fading from the day. One of Lady Veldana's servants waited patiently near the door, offering from a small platter a hot towel and a glass of thick, dark liquid. Leonardo accepted both cheerfully, washed his face and quickly gulped down his breakfast. It was a strange life to acclimate to, this undeath, and he often longed to return home to his native Venice, but he found a dark pride in the speed of his adjustment. His sire, Lady Veldana Deschaine, had Embraced him only weeks before, and there was much she had yet to teach him. But she was often quick to praise him for his progress, and he wasted little time in learning all he could about his new condition.

As Leonardo dressed for the evening, a knock at the door heralded a visit from the Lady of the house. He was quickly shedding his mortal propensity for modesty, but despite his lessons he still lost to the urge to cover his knickers before she entered. The habits of a lifetime, he was all too aware, were not so easily broken. He had barely managed to wrap himself in one of the blankets when Lady Veldana walked in. She could not help but laugh at the sight of him, his hair tousled from sleep, a droplet of blood still lingering at his lips, and clutching at the blanket as though he were a naughty child caught by his governess. He was certain he would have blushed, had he still been capable of it, and found himself laughing along with her. His fingers relinquished their grip on the smooth satin, and he forced himself at ease in her presence despite his state of undress. With a wave she signaled him to continue dressing as she went to the windows, opening the shutters and letting in the first glimmers of the evening moon.

When he was dressed, she motioned him to follow her and led him downstairs into her private library. He groaned inwardly, anticipating yet another night of reading. In his mortal life, he could never have imagined himself growing sick of study, but after almost a month of nothing but sleeping and reading, he was feeling quite restless.

"Theory first, my Childe. Then practice," Lady Veldana had told him each time he expressed his desire to leave the manor. Leonardo knew she was right, of course; it was a deeply complex, dangerous world she had brought him into, and he would have been a fool to try and navigate it on his own. He was still merely a fledgling, but he had attended enough courts with his sire to know that his situation was quite fortunate. Many young Kindred were never so thoroughly educated in the ways of their Clans, and were forced to learn through trial and error. And as he knew even from his mortal life, mistakes could prove fatal far too easily.

So the night passed, as so many before it and countless after, in quiet study and contemplation. Every few hours a servant or maid would appear in the library with a chalice of fresh vitae, allowing him to focus his full attention on the books and scrolls before him. And oh, such wondrous tomes there were to explore! Detailed histories of each of the Clans and their bloodlines, accountings of wars and treaties and coup d'etats that he had never imagined or suspected as a mortal, memoirs and biographies that shed new light on tales of history that he'd once taken at face value. Textbooks from scholars and philosophers both renowned and unknown, detailing fascinating new branches of science and mathematics. Entire volumes of poetry, plays, and prose from some of the most celebrated authors in existence, some presumed lost or completely unknown to the world at large. Leonardo burned through them all voraciously, committing so much to memory that at times he felt his head would simply burst.

And then there were the texts of his own Clan, the House of Tremere. The legends of the primogenitor Tremere and the beginnings of his namesaked bloodline, the treacheries committed against the Salubri and the Tzimisce, the creation and refinement of the Clan's blood magic, Thaumaturgy, and its rise to prominence within the folds of the Camarilla. All of it fascinated Leonardo, but at the same time, it filled him with a deep sense of distrust of his own Clan and with Kindred politics in general. He once mentioned his feelings on the matter to Lady Veldana, and she had merely smiled and nodded slyly. "Your distrust merely proves what I already knew, my Childe: that your wisdom is well beyond your experience, and your potential is beyond my scope..."

~New York, Present Day~

Leon was jarred awake by the slamming of the front door. He craned his hearing throughout the apartment and confirmed what he suspected: that Neko had gone out again. He shrugged, shifted in his chair and licked his chapped lips, and drifted back to sleep.

Dunnuck

-Venice, Italy 1700s-

Cruor Perussi was now dead. At least thats what the world thought. The vampire was still alive and leading a comfortable life under the name of David. David's sense for art was beyond measure; time and time again he found himself lost in the strokes of paintings or the words of literature. Several friends who had long since passed were going to be revered as masters of the art, this he knew.

The city was art in itself, the architecture of the buildings elegant and demanding of attention. Looking so young allowed him to train under others, expanding his knowledge and satisfying his thirst for it. Since Cruor Perussi was assumed dead, he could take on the role of the new vampire in need of training. His skill at deception was wonderful and useful in nearly amy situation. Deception was an art. And David was a master.

He met many of different clans and his knowledge of their history constantl expanded, his curiosity knowing no end. Libraries, art galleries, plays, songs, poems, history books, tomes, old scrolss; everything was open to him. He didn't truly dislike anything. Being so old meant he needed to be able to enjoy himself. And the people, oh the people. Even having been around for so long, he never tired of hearing people's stories. He never tired of helping people when they needed assistance, or listen when they needed to vent. Venice was where he spent a large portion of his time. He constantly revisted, usually under a changed appearance. Different colored hair, slight alterations to his facial structure with some minor magic he picked up. And he always maintained a certain level of detatchment, knowing that all these people would die one day.

David's friend was in some clan, though which did not matter. "Genzo!" David greeted in Italian with open arms, embracing his friend with a few strong pats on the back. "It is good to see you! What brings you too my home tonight?" He asked. "Information, David. A job. You need to assassinate..."

Katrina

Megan stayed down behind the bus stop but gave a thumbs up sign to Chris that she got the message.  She sighed.  All she wanted to do was lay low and not draw unnecessary attention to herself.  Joining in a fight against her one time sect was going to do just that...draw attention.

Ink Slinger

Quote from: Kraven Trollsbane on July 28, 2010, 11:30:15 PM
"you got it boss." i yelled at him sarcastically as he and Megan ran out the door. "i'll explain anything you want to know." i offered to Kayleigh.

Kayleigh turned to him on her stool and considered.  It was the first time she really looked at him and it struck her he was a bit handsome.  Before settling on a question to ask she downed her third whiskey and a rosy flush rose to her cheeks.  The whiskey was doing exactly what she wanted, slowing down her whirling mind and relaxing her mood. 

"What on earth have I managed to walk into?" She managed to ask in a quiet tone.

Kraven Trollsbane

Kayleigh asked a broad question so i gave her the gist of things. i explained that this was a bar full of vampires, that i was an element user, that bad vamps were after my new friends there, and that i thought she was pretty. that last part was do distract her mind and help keep her calm.

"now that you know, what will you do?" i asked
 A&A

Ink Slinger

Get very, very drunk. Was her first response, but she still had enough of a filter to not let it past her lips.  Thoughts rolled around she watched him to see if he were joking, and apparently, he wasn't.  Or he was one hell of a liar. 

"I make it through this, and I don't think I'll be back in here..." She looked around now, nervous.  "And thanks for the compliment you slipped in there at the end." She took a few slow, measured breaths fighting down the urge to just bolt.  When came to fight or flight, she preferred to run like hell. 

Dunnuck

The cars roared past, the young Sabbat hooting and hollering along the way. Chris shook his head. Once the coast was clear, he stepped out with the shotgun. "Geez." He said with a sigh. "I thought things were about to get serious." A charming, light-hearted smile sprwad across his handsome face. "Lets head back to the bar. The Cobra should be there soon." He told her. They made their way back to the bar and Chris took a seat next to the human girl. "I see Windy informed you." He said to her.

His brown hair was tied back into a ponytail, a few strans loose in front of his sharp handsome face that housed two green eyes. Hia face had more color than a typical vampire and he had facial hair that cleanly lined his jaw line.

The suit hung on slightly broad shoulders and wrapped around muscles that were thick but not overly large, built in a way to maintain his speed.

Edit: added a character description :p

Katrina

Megan  followed and gave him back his Desert Eagle.  She sat down and gazed about.  She licked her lips and got up again moving to a group who were playing pool.  She watched them for a few minutes and realized that she could beat them easily. 

"Mind if I play?" she asked sweetly.

One of the vampires looked up at her sizing her up a bit and handed her a cue.  She pretended she didn't know what she was doing and the vampire chuckled making a bet that he couldbeat her.

Megan had no money but accepted the bet of 200 dollars. She played it up until he only had 2 balls remaining on the table, while she still had all of hers. She gazed at him with a smirk when it was her turn and proceeded to one by one sink all of her balls in and calling the top right corner pocket for the 8 ball and sank it as well. 

The other vampire was fuming as she handed him the cue and pocketed his 200 bucks and returned to the bar chuckling a bit.

discordantentity

Darien came down to the noise of the gun fire outside, if trouble was here then he would be involved.  But first he had to finish business, placing the copies on the bar he looked to the bartender.  "See to it anyone wanting to make some extra cash gets these, I've got to talk to Niki."  The batrender nodded and he headed over Kayleigh and offered his hand with a polite bow.  "Darien Stone, manager and part owner of the hornet's nest at your service.  What is your name dear lass, I haven't seen ye in here before."  He always made sure new people who were allowed in were made comfortable, however if he knew what happened to his sire he would be furious and ripping the place apart.  Nobody had seen or heard her since he returned, and the fact was she had been struck by one of those filty Assamites.  Business was about to get nasty as he woul find out after this intoduction.

"The lady awaits ye, she's not one to be kept wwaiting unless it's by my hand.  Dunna worry, she'll understand here."  Looking to Yagami he motioned to him, he wanted his sire to meet the person who could help them.  She had to know he trusted this man to handle their business, but still he waited on Kayleigh's answer and smiled as he whispered to the bartender to give her the first night of drinks free since they would soon have plenty of cash to play with after this.

Kraven Trollsbane

"excuse me ladies it seems my presence is required elsewhere for a moment. oh and nice hustle Megan." i got up to follow Darien
 A&A

Katrina

Megan smiled some and nodded. "Thanks."

discordantentity

Not wanting to let his sire wait any long Darien bowed apologetically to kayleigh, and slipped her a quick note, she would have to introduce herself later.  "Apologies, but please talk to me when you can, I like to know all out customers in case some are not of the savory sort to us."  He then led Kraven to a door down the hallway past where the entrance was, only to find his sires chamber with the door ajar and silence from withing.  Pushing open the door she was there and exsanguinated, unable to be brought back as her body was already decapitated as well.  Furious he picked up a table and threw it against the wall, before storming out and putting his fist through another part of the wall.

"WHO saw anybody coming and going from Lady Niki's room, if anybody did and is holding back I'll rip your head off and shove it up your bleeding arse...  Some dumb bugger let a damn assassin in here, I want to know who was watching her door and where they were....  This place is under lockdown now, until answers or our brazen friend is found!!!"  He was yelling now as if the place had been compromised, and soon the windows were shuttered by metal shutters as were the doors to the outside which had been locked.  Locked in a place with a pissed off Brujah was dangerous, as he looked ready to kill the first person who screwed up and let some assassin slip by them.

Kraven Trollsbane

"well thats not good" i commented dryly

"allow me to help" i said. i enterd the room with the corpse and used my wind magic. i swirled the air and found a scent not belonging to the room. i sent my wind to follow the scent trail. it let back to the front door and then vanished, but it didnt go outside."

"looks like they may have already escaped. or are superb and hiding a scent trail"
 A&A

Katrina

Megan gazed over and she could smell the blood from his sire.  She suppressed a growl as everyone knows brujahs are prone to frenzy.  She swallowed hard as her own eyes flashed to black and back to blue as she calmed herself. She looked around some and waited for something to go down.

Dunnuck

Chris stood up. "I think you have fallen victim to your illogical logic." Chris said to the man. "If someone slipped up and let an assassin in and your screaming death threats and locking us in, why would they even come forward?" He asked. "We all can't very well stay here until sunrise unless everyone plans on staying all day." He shrugged. "I am to assume she is completely dead, then? That leaves a few things. They could not have done the deed without getting blood on their person. There would be blood on the murder weapon. And if the blood isn't on either, then they probably washed it off in the bathroom, leaving the suspects to those that departed the bar and those that recently went to the John." He explained.

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh had nodded to Chris.  She tucked the note into her pocket numbly.  She seriously doubted if she'd be back in this bar.  She really had no idea what was going on around her and figured not standing out anymore than she already did was the best way to avoid trouble.

Dunnuck

"May I make a suggestion? A few, actually." He looked to her rosey red cheeks and drew in close to her, smelling her. "No more alcohol. You don't want to get completely smashed. Vampires are vampires; when it comes down to it, they want blood. And some may be desperate enough for a fresh source. So I think you should try to keep at least a slightly level head." He looked around the room. "And stay close to me. I have no idea how this will play out. I don't want to see something so pretty get messed up." He said, smiling at her.

Ink Slinger

"I can handle my liquor." The only alteration to her speech was the thickening of her accent.  "Three shots is just a happy buzz." She grinned.  Staying close to him didn't sound that horrid an idea.  "Stay close to you." She stood.  "Check."  Neither her voice nor stance gave away her quickly fraying nerves.

Katrina

Megan gazed about.  Locking everyone in was going to be a bad idea, especially if someone decided to frenzy

Starlequin

~Berlin, 1938~

"I'm telling you, this is the wrong course of action! The longer we wait, the further we allow this situation to deteriorate, the worse the damage becomes. If we don't act soon, the Masquerade will be shattered and we will face the possibility of an Inquisition even more vicious than the last!" Veldana slammed her fist against the table, looking around the conference room at her fellow council members. It was clear her words had reached a few of them. Bernhardt and Rizzolo seemed particularly unnerved; unlike many of the others present, they had not only lived during the first Inquisition, they had endured it. They had no desire to try their luck a second time.

However, the remainder of the council remained unimpressed. Morentz raised a gloved hand and assumed the floor, a calm, reassuring expression on his pale, gaunt face. "Lady Deschaine, I promise you, your fears are groundless. The situation is hardly 'deteriorating'; it is in fact completely within our control. The Bolsheviks' power continues to grow, thanks to Grigori's manipulations behind the scenes. And the German Nationalist Party is perfectly safe under our thumb. That upstart, Hitler, has the potential to become a thorn in our side, yes, but we have already pointed him to the direction of the Thule Society. Once he is initiated into their little club, he will be fed enough misinformation to eliminate any danger he may have posed. We have the Kine precisely where we want them: tottering on the brink of war. They will be so busy killing one another, how could they possibly manage a Second Inquisition?"

Veldana shook her head, her eyes on the table in front of her. "I warn you, Radu. You underestimate the Kine greatly; they grow smarter with every generation. Our goal should be to encourage them to grow fat, weak and complacent, yet you seem to insist on making them stronger. And they will grow stronger, Radu; already they breed like rodents, and their technology gains by leaps and bounds. At this rate, they will learn of our existence within a century, two at the most."

"All the more reason to cull their numbers now! And this time, we shall not be as sloppy as we were 300 years ago. We have no need of plagues or pestilence; the Kine will do the work for us. And even better, we have cultivated their faith in science and reason to such a degree that the very idea of vampires is now dismissed as ridiculous superstition. How, or why, should they even suspect our existence, let alone our involvement? No, Lady Deschaine. Our most effective option is to steer the world into a second Great War, one that we shall orchestrate. It shall be a symphony of death, and it shall ring for thousand years!"

A smattering of applause broke out among the court, and Veldana cradled her head in her hands. "You fools," she whispered. "You'll destroy us all..."

discordantentity

Hitting the switch himself Damien sat down after barely managing to edge out his frenzy, there had to be a better plan and now knowing that their intruder eluded them as a possibility he realized that right now there was something greater going on.  "Fine then, if they've gotten away I'm calling everyone whose willing upstairs.  We've got plans to make, if their such a ghost then I think I know who it is.  It's not pretty, in fact it could mean that we've got a world of hurt coming don on us."  He then got himself another drink and stared at the door, despite that this had to be cleaned up and things had to move on, she'd expect that of him as this was their pride and joy.

"For now somebody clean up that mess, we'll do something for her later.  You three take care of it, and be throrough."  He said motioning to three Brujah sitting in the corner who were always playing cards, and each one a giant cheat against each other.  Their game was called cheat poker, and it was a scramble to see who could palm and hide the best cards.

eROC90j

One of the Brujahs looks up and stares cooly at Damien...
The Brujahs name is Cloud and he takes a sip of his marguerita and walks over to Megan.

Katrina

Megan gazed to him and offered a polite nod.  "Good evening"

UnluckyBandit

((for character description, please see:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=76888.msg3394581#msg3394581))

An old blue half-ton truck pulled up outside the bar.  The engine died with a wheeze and the door opened allowing the lone occupant out to stand and survey the building. 
Seeing other vehicles gathered and sensing something odd about the atmosphere was enough to prompt the man to head inside.  Ordering a drink, he went and sat near the back and made it plain he was watching the locals.

Dunnuck

The lights along the block flicker out and the night grows the darkest it's been the entire night. It would be daylight soon. A rumble rocked the bar, knocking beer down from the tables. Chris clenched his fist. The rumbling grew louder and closer, more intense. Chris' jaw tightened. Not here. Not now. Then suddenly, it stopped.

The lights were restored and the worst that happened was the spilled beer. Chris looked to the people around him. "Car should be here soon, Darling." He said to Megan. "You can tag along if you want to, ma'am." He said to the human girl. "You ready to leave?" He askd Yagami

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh's eyes had followed the new comer nervously, but she turned back to Chris when he spoke.  "I-I'm not a fighter." She stammered at first.  "But what are the chances of me getting home from here safely if I go alone." She cast another nervous glance about the bar.

Kraven Trollsbane

"just about zero." i answered Kayleigh "you might get lucky but i wouldn't count on it." i turned to Chris "been waiting on you pal." i give him a wink to let him know im not being condescending
 A&A

Dunnuck

"I can teach you to defend yourself." He said to the human, stuffing his hands into his pockets. From outside came the roaring of an engine. "Well, that's our cue to depart." He said, standing. He offered his hand to the buzzed human girl. "I didn't even need a pick up line to get you to come home with me." He said jokingly with a playful smirk. "Stay close." He reminded.

Ink Slinger

She looked down at his hand and caught her lower lip between her teeth in indecision.  "I'm not going with you because I'm buzzed and easily swayed." She said finally.  "I'm going because I need a ride and I don't trust a vampire not to follow me home." She nodded firmly and placed her hand in his.

Katrina

Megan chuckled lightly and finished her drink.  She gazed about.  She'd be glad when the car arrived.  She was ready to see if her old haven still stood.

Dunnuck

"So you're easily swayed?" He asked in a laugh. "Calm down, miss, I am just joking." He helped her from her seat and then offered a hand to Megan. "Cars outside. Lets go check out your safe house, shall we, darling?" He asked.

Katrina

Megan tilted her head some and nodded.  "Provided its still there." She slipped her hand in his and made her way with him and Kayleigh to the exit.

Kraven Trollsbane

I followed Chris and the girls out to the muscle car. it was a beauty. i scanned around looking for enemies but didn't see anyone threatening. "Chris would you prefer i followed you from above in case of trouble?"
 A&A

JerichoMyers

Forest tree's raised high above, their branches in the silhouette from the full moons gazing light. From within the nearby forest, a howl struck the moon, echoing through an endless darkness that clouded over the forest. Running at excessive speeds, frantically panting in fatigue. Rushing quickly in pursuit, padded paws could be heard from a distance tarring away soil, leaving leaves fluttering. "Help me!" Gaspar yelled in panic. The short traveling man, clothed in item, trinkets, and heavy western clothing was nearly weeping. Hearing its breath panting, droll dripping, paws clawing ever closer, he couldn't help but fear for his life. Nearing the small town, Gaspar turned drawing his colt revolver firing repeatedly before taking aim, hoping for a lucky shot. Lunging forth, large sharpened fangs baring down with sheer ferocity landed on its target. Pouncing down with extreme power, pinning the little man, the large wolf creature clamped its jaws down, ripping and furiously tarring away Gaspar's shoulder blade without mercy. His gun slid away in the pounce, leaving him helpless and unarmed, at this creatures mercy.
Screaming aloud in agonizing pain, Gaspar building the strength to free himself, elbowing the creatures long snout. Loosening its grip briefly, it only took that quick moment to roll over, grasping his gun once more. Shooting the several bullets left in a frantic haze of pain and fear, the creature was retreating, most likely from becoming wounded. Watching it in retreat, he examined its characteristics to determine whether it was animal or..... some thing else. The size, muscularity, power and skeletal structure aimed towards some more.... mystical. Trying to dismiss the encounter for some more logical, Gaspar began reloading his gun.
Scrambling away, pointing his gun in an awful shudder while barely picking himself up, a pulsating pain surged through and out his entire right side. Blood trickling out thick brown leather clothing, he finally gave notice to the mortal wound inflicted upon him. Buckling in pain, it became clear he needed medical attention. In a panic, Gaspar began rushing off, leaving an incredibly noticeable trail of blood flowing behind. Gripping his shoulder with gun in hand, he quickly passed a small group of individuals standing beside a muscle car. Limping at this point, he grabbed the man cautiously scanning. "Please, help me." The wound that was obviously present appeared to be an enormous gaping wound, like some large creature was purposely ripping flesh off. The teeth marks were still parsley present, leaving curiosity of a werewolf attack.

Kraven Trollsbane

i severely wounded man came running towards us. i was about to take him down when i realized just how badly he was wounded, he wouldn't be a threat.  the man ran up to me and pleaded for my help. i wasn't sure what i could do Wind couldn't cauterize the wounds, and even if i got him to a hospital it was likely he would die. i gripped the mans arm keeping him from falling. "chris can you get something to stop the bleeding."
 A&A

Starlequin

Leon's eyes snapped open when one of the phones in his desk began ringing. He swung his legs off the desk and rummaged through the upper drawers, digging beneath reams of papers and portfolios for the offending handset. His hand closed around the cell after the fifth ring, and he groaned at the sight of the caller ID. Leon activated the speakerphone and dropped the handset on his desk, crossing his arms behind his head.

"Hey, Maximo. What's up?" Leon tried. He really did. But the tone of apathy mingled with disgust that usually infected his voice whenever speaking with Maximo was simply too ingrained for him to suppress completely. Fortunately, the little Nosferatu was one of the most socially oblivious beings he'd ever met, and Leon's subtle displeasure sailed over his head like the space shuttle. Maximo's horribly screechy, nasal voice was actually improved by the crappy speakerphone's staticky distortion.

"Hey-hey, Leo! What's up, man, how ya been? Night been treating you well? Cool, cool, look dude I can't talk too long right now I'm on my way back to the Warrens but I figured I'd stop off and give you a call before sunrise, didn't want any pryin' ears listenin' in on this, you're on a clean phone, right? Sure, sure, yeah, right, anyway look I found something I figured you might want to have a look at, it's your kind of thing, right, I mean usually I'd take it to Nathan or something, I mean I know he's my primogen and all but I think it might be a little smarter to keep this out of the courts for a little while, you know what I mean? So anyway you've probably heard about the new fiends in town right, I mean we already know about that shit that went down between you and those Sabbat assholes downtown, nice work by the way, anyway about the fiends, they're cooking some new kind of drug, the Kine are going fuckin' nuts over it, it's like meth on heroin on PCP on crack, hyper-addictive and cheap as shit, word is its got some kind of new chemical additive but nobody I know has been able to nail it down yet but get this man, get this, been a lot of ODs lately the cops are linkin' to the new stuff, they're callin' it 'Haze', police reports indicate that the vics are almost all bums and club kids but look look look, here's the thing, one of my boys got a hold of a few autopsy reports and get this, all the vics showed evidence of serious alterations in neurochemistry and brain structure, get it? Huh? Do ya? Do ya get it? Same kinds of things that happen to Kine after they've ingested Kindred vitae, man, or at least it's really, really freakin' similar. Figured you should know, dude. Ohhp, I gotta go, nice talking with you, Leon, bye!"

Before Leon could get a word in edgewise, Maximo was already gone. The entire 'conversation' took less than a minute. Leon felt out of breath just listening to it, and wondered-not the fist time-if it was possible for one Kindred to have two bloodlines. He was nearly positive Maxi had a little Malkavian in him. The phone beeped off and he rolled the Nosferatu's words around in his mind, considering the new information.

'Haze'. The idea of using Kindred vitae in street drugs was nothing new, but it was extremely disturbing, not to mention the danger it posed to the Masquerade. Kine that ingested vitae directly experienced a sort of mental and emotional link to the donor(s) and thus became ghouls, but those that got hold of it indirectly often suffered severe psychological and emotional trauma. Their minds strained under the stresses of the unformed link, and they usually fell into a deep, mindless rage or depression. The presence of additional drugs only worsened the symptoms, leading to anything from catatonia to uncontrollable homicidal tendencies. It was exactly the kind of thing that could alert the Kine to the Kindreds' existence, and exactly the kind of thing the Tzimisce would try.

'Probably some young new fiend, out to make a name for himself. Max was right; I'll wind up getting sucked into this eventually. May as well start hitting it now.'

He looked back up to the maps on the wall, a familiar feeling of disappointment and self-disgust welling up in his gut. 'Sorry, Veldana. Looks like our hunt will have to wait a little longer once again...'

Dunnuck

"Sure. Watch from up above, keep us-" He was stopped mid-sentence by a man who was bleeding...badly. He leaned onto Chris and Chris moved away. "Not the suit, you bloody-" He looked upon the wound, stopping again in mid-sentence. Yagami, what do I look like, a medic?" He asked. There was a brief silence befire Chris scoffed. "Fine, I got it, I got it." Chris handed the human his precious shotgun and put the barrell facing in his direction. "Ok, fire." He told her. She looked at him as if he were crazy. "Come on, beautiful, hit me!" He shouted, the polite tone of his voice still present. "Kill two birds with one stone. We help him and you learn what it's like to shoot someone. Come on." He swayed. He shook his head then looked up at her. He hisse loudly, revealing his teeth and charging at her to scare her into shooting.

Demirem...

Leon's phone buzzed annoyingly and the number was one he didn't recognize. "Do not ask questions. Listen. Absorb. Observe. Deduce." The deep, obviously cloaked voice spoke. "He keeps one person close to him each generation. At any given time, one person knows he exists. Advancements have been made from him. His evolution. Adaption. All are partially hidden and speculated in science of both Kine and Kindred. He is a lore himself; a constant presence in almost every society. He has resources, scattered through the Earth. He knows of 'Haze'. I'm told you recently discovered it yourself. The information isn't exactly easy to come by. Some information can only be garhered through certain channels. Fake names, inconsistencies among them. Find those. Inconsistent phone numbers, adresses. He is free from politic. But he pays attention to it. Enhanced awareness makes his days drag on. It also makes him hungry for knowledge. Libraries, websites...he is everywhere. Writing articles, blogs, reviews...just know what to look for. The deeper you dig into 'Haze' the closer you are to him."

The phone hung up, unable to be traced

Starlequin

Leon was just leaving his study when another of his phones rang and called him back to the desk. This one was much easier to find, and he caught it on its third ring. He picked up and was about to announce himself when an electronically shielded voice came over the line. Leon silently took in the words, but also listened for any trace of background noise, anything he could use to tell if the speaker was male, female, human, vampire, local, abroad, anything.

No juice.

When the voice hung up, Leon sat back in his chair and stared for a few moments at the handset, quietly contemplating. He knew in his gut who the caller had been referring to. Cruor Perussi.

But much of the call made little sense. If only one person knew of his existence each generation, and presumably that person aided Perussi in keeping himself hidden, then who was the caller? How did they know anything about him? And how was Haze connected? There must have been dozens of attempts at creating narcotics from vampire blood during the last forty years; why should this new product be so special, if indeed Kindred vitae was even an ingredient? And how did the caller know about Maximo's call? That was the most disturbing element of the whole encounter; it meant either that the Nosferatu, the greatest spies and information brokers on earth, were being watched, or...hell, Leon didn't know what else it could mean. But he knew damn well it wasn't good.

The rest of the caller's information jibed with what he had already gathered or inferred for himself. Several of the reports and histories conflicted, but one thing they all agreed on was Perussi's age, even if a consensus could never be reached on the exact number. The general picture indicated a being well over 1,500 years old, perhaps more. Not quite old enough to qualify as an Antediluvian, but certainly a power to be reckoned with. Obviously Perussi was uninvolved with Kindred politics; such a creature could never have escaped detection so long while maintaining more the most cursory level of involvement in Jyhad.

A being that old would indeed have to contend with a nearly inconceivable level of boredom; Leon had long ago anticipated Perussi as being a devourer of art and knowledge. No creature could live for so long without developing an intense desire to educate, and eventually express, itself. Watching museums and universities around the world was, of course, impossible, and there wasn't even a clear picture of what to look for, anyway. For a few months near the beginning of his search, Leon toyed with the notion that Perussi might well have even been any or several of history's moderately notable figures, chasing down autobiographies and public records of countless poets, composers, painters, civil and military leaders, advisers to kings and sultans and giants of industry that lived just outside the cusp of genuine notoriety. But he soon gave up that avenue of research; there were simply too many variables, and it was unlikely that such a being would risk discovery in so blatant a manner.

Still, nothing was perfect. Even millenia-old vampires were not immune to moments of stupidity, ignorance or plain rotten luck. Was that what the caller had meant by 'inconsistencies'? Leon tossed the handset back into the drawer and stood from his chair, shaking his head. If so, that was nothing he didn't already know. But again, there was simply too much information to sift through, too many paths of inquiry to run down. On his own, anyway. He grabbed another phone and left the study, cycling through the cell's short phone book for the number he needed as he locked the door behind him. He found it near the bottom and dialed, leaning against the door for a few moments as the other end picked up.

"Hey, Garth? It's Leon. How's the nights? The others good? Good. Listen, man, I'm calling in one of my markers, the one from the Miami job. Yeah, man. It's important. I need a favor..."

Dunnuck

Demirem was outfitted in his gasmask, his face completely obscured. His dark hair hung to the sides of his face as he looked down at the old articles of information. Tracking Cruor Perussi's lifetime was a long, grueling task. How old was he, exactly? The easiest part was tracking him back to the emergence of his last famous name, Cruor Perussi. Being able to track him before this was the biggest challenge of all. There was one thing for certain: Perussi was significantly older than he lets on to his Trusted. He was such a capable liar; he lies to everyone about his age, saying he is 400, then he lies to his Trusted under the false pretense that he told them everything. At least thats what Demirem suspected. But there was no solid proof. There was only a hunch, a small inconsistency, something that didn't match up at the right time.

Demerim had been one of Perussi's Trusted. Perussi kills his trusted by biting them, but somehow Demerim had lived. It was a ritual Perussi did. Demerim had become increasingly obsessive over Perussi, being wrapped and lost in the history, digging up old documents and cross checking. He had tracked Perussi back thousands of years so far, or so he thought. The biggest kicker was Perussi's ability and personality. He should be much more powerful, and people should be able to feel it. Someone thousands of years old shouldn't be able to maintain a social aspect of life. Their personality shouldn't be as Perussi's is. It should be calm, serene, quiet. Bored with people, bored with life. All this and more needed to be looked into. It took time.

And he had time.

Ink Slinger

"But I ca---" Kayliegh's words were strangled as Chris flew at her.  Kayleigh's first reaction was to close her eyes.  She pulled the trigger on the gun and as the shot rang out she stumbled back.  She had no idea the kind of kick the shot gun would have.  She managed to keep her feet, but barely.  She opened her eyes shocked that she had hit the man.  Her heart pounded in her chest and she shook a bit from surprise and shock. 

Dunnuck

Chris flew back in a flurry of blood, a few  chunks of flesh discarding themselves from him. He hit the ground, cracking his skull. Blood spurt out in small bursts from his chest where he had been hit. His body violently twitched as his muscles relaxed into an apparent death. 

"How's it feel?" He asked from the ground. A black liquid emerged from the wounds and Chris quickly put a hand down to it, swipping up a little bit in his first two fingers. His body began to repair, the entire process taking a minute or two. He stood up at full height, brushing off his suit before realizing that he hadn't thought to take it off.

He sighed, walking over to the injured man and smearing the black substance over the wound. As did Chirs, the wound began to reconstruct. Chris took off his blazer, his tie, then his dress shirt.

His broad shoulders set on a haadsome, athletic frame. A toned chest complimented a set of four visible,,
attractive muscles on his abdomen, showing years of maintaining his health and appearance. His surprisingly tan colored skin wrapped itself around the plenty of well-defined muscles on his body, which leaned more towards slender than bulky with bulging muscles. The 'V' shaped indention teasingly disappeared into the front of his pants. With an angered look, he discarded the articles of clothing into the trunk. The muscles in his back were cut as well, every movement made visible through his skin.

Turning to look to everyone, he sighed. He then approached Kay, easing the shotgun from her hands. His skin and body were perfect, no indication of him being shot present. "You did good." He said to her.

Ink Slinger

"How did it feel?!?" She edged on hysterical.  "I shot you! and you just...you just..." She shook her head, her eyes wide while is body repaired itself.  Her breath caught as he removed his clothing revealing a body just made to be worshiped.  Before she could do anything foolish, like let on she enjoyed it, she looked away, up and down the street.

"Won't someone be coming after hearing the shot?" She asked.

Dunnuck

"Probably." He said wit a strug. "But this late, no one would be awake to hear it, let alone report it. They would probably wonder i it was a gunshot, then decide it wasn't. But at any rate, we should get going." He climbed into the driver seat of the car. "Injured guy, hop in the back. I can drop you off wherever. You two can fight over who gets to sit next to me." He told Kay and Megan jokingly. "Yagami, may I make a suggestion? Watch the ground around the car. Tell me if you see anything...odd." He turned the keys in the ignition, which were already there when they got in. The car let ouu a beautiful noise. "Mmm." He went. "Good choice." As everyone funneled into the ca, he adressed Kay. "How did it feel? Well I think you all describe it as pain. I cal; the feeling annoying. I'm used to it by now."

Katrina

Megan eyed him a moment and suggested she sit up front since if her haven still stood, she'd be getting out there.  She gave him and address which would take them just outside town.

Dunnuck

Chris followed her instructions to the destination. He looked in the rear-view mirror at the one who was injured. "I know what injured you." He said with a scowl. They pulled up at the destination.

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh looked about, it was an area of town she didn't town.  Between whiskey and shock she'd come to the decision just to roll with it.  She looked over shoulder at the injured guy and back to Chris and just shook her head.  "And to think I just wanted to have a few drinks and unwind." She murmured with a soft snort.

Kraven Trollsbane

i followed the car from above watching for enemies and odd disturbances of the ground. so far so good. i was rather surprised at what Chris had done for the wounded man. it made me think. with the power Chris had been showing i was begining to think he was much older than he said.
 A&A

Katrina

Megan was pleased to see the old rundown looking farmhouse still standing. A smile crossed her lips as she got out of the car.  She walked across the dewy grass to the dark farmhouse and around to the back to where the gas powered generator was.  She started it and lights came on inside.

She walked back to the front and dug a set of keys out of her pocket and began to unlock several locks.  She called back to the others.

"ya'll coming or what?"

The inside was a fully furnished home and was solid in its walls and foundation despite what the outside said.

Kraven Trollsbane

we made it to the safe house with no trouble. i landed beside the car just as Kayleigh got out. i think i nearly scared her back into the car. "well isnt this a quaint little place" i commented.

Megan invited us inside and i decided that i didn't have anything else to do so i followed her in. "nice place you got here." i said as i looked it over "you know im kind of hungry, you got any regular food here?" i asked kind of lamely after my stomach growled.
 A&A

Katrina

She gazed over to him.  "Well, I've not been here in a good year.  There may be some canned food in the kitchen thats still in date.  You're welcome to look.

There's a couple bedrooms upstairs.  One is...well, sun proof, the other isn't so if any vampires wish to stay, we'll be rooming for the day."

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh grumbled something about people dropping out of the sky as she approached the house.  As adrenaline bled off she began to notice again that her feet ached, her bra was uncomfortable and her muscles were getting tight.  "Has anybody been in here in the last year?" She asked Megan.  "Better question, is the water still likely to be turned on?"

Dunnuck

"I will take the sun room." Chris said, raising a hand. He layed the shotgun over his shoulder and sighed. "Any clothes that will fit me, Darling?" Chris asked Megan. "As much as I love traveling partially nude, I'm beginning to get cold."

Katrina

She gazed to Kayleigh.  "No, only my sire and I have keys to the place and last I know he's in LA.  Sorry there's no water but there's a creek out back."  She looked over to Chris.  "You sure about the sun room? And there may be some jeans and a tank top upstairs you can wear.  Certainly no fancy suits."

Ink Slinger

"I don't want to splash my face enough to go wandering about and find a creek." She shook her head.  "Someone might decide they're still having fun playing scare the human." She shot Kazuma and Chris a glare.

Katrina

Megan chuckled a bit.  "But scaring the mortal can be so much fun," she teased.

Kraven Trollsbane

i rummaged through the cabinets looking for something to eat. way in the back i found a can of spagettios. i didnt bother heating it up i just sliced off the top and dug in with a spoon i found in a drawer. i shrugged when Kayleigh accused me of messing with her. "well you'll get used to weird stuff if you stick around for a bit."
 A&A

Dunnuck

"If I were too do so, it'd be more for a peek than a stare." He said, being far to truthful. He thought a slap would come his way any moment. "You can stare at my chest, it's only fair if I stare at yours." He commented with a foolish, joking smile, trying to maintain his suave attitude, though laughter almost broke through.

Ink Slinger

"You're the one who had me blow you away and then stripped." She shot back.  "And you didn't seem to mind the staring the a bit."

Dunnuck

He raises his hands. "Guilty as charged. But honestly, I didn't think to remove the suit first." He admitted. "And as for the staring, it's better to have roaming eyes than roaming hands. Learned that the hard way."

discordantentity

OOC: Will post tomorrow after reading all this, I wasn;t on all weekend as it was a long weekend.  I am also running a Shadowrun game, so I kind of wasn't online yesteday.  I am going to try and catch up.

Katrina

Megan shook her head some and walked over to a bar.  She stooped down and pulled out a bottle and reached up for a goblet.   She wiped the dust out with a towel and opened the bottle and poured a rich red liquid into the glass.  She looked to Chris.  "Want a glass?"

Dunnuck

"Of course, Darling." He responded. "I have a supply myself at home. You should try it, good quality stuff. Retrieved it myself." He said, taking the glass from Megan. He slurped it down, letting out a satisfied exhale. "Humans don't know what they are-" He stopped and looked over to Kayleigh. "I forgot that your new to this." He said.

Ink Slinger

"My stomach isn't that weak." She shivered despite her words.  "If I can watch someone eat an ox tongue I can certainly delude myself into thinking you're drinking red wine or some such."  She walked over to the couch and flopped down.  As dust flew up around her she coughed once and waved it way from her face.

Dunnuck

"Ox tongue? Sounds gross." He responded, looking down at the remains of blood in the glass. He reached his tongue out, which was longer than normal with a thin tip, and swiped the remains from the glass. He went and jumped on the couch next to Kayleigh, dust cascading into the air again. "You can keep us a secret, right? Last thing we want is wide spread panic. Thats the Sabbat's job. So what do you say, beautiful? Pinky promise?" He asked.

Katrina

MEgan looked to Chris. "I may take you upon that offer sometime."  She watched Kayleigh carefully. It was important that she keep her mouth shut.  Even the police denied there existance and wrote off the crimes of the sabbat as gang activity.

Ink Slinger

"Eh, I'll try eating just about anything once." She shrugged and waved more dust out of her face.  "I wouldn't eat it again.  And who'd believe me?  First person I tell would have me fitted for a straight jacket and I like hugs and all but they're more fun when someone else is involved." She met his gaze, "I promise you I won't be telling anyone." She held her right pinky up at him.

Katrina

Megan watched from across the room and nodded, satisfied with her answer.  She poured herself another glass of blood.

Dunnuck

He interlocked his left pinky with her right and laughed, satisfied. "Thank you." He said. "So is there any fun to be had in this place, Darling?" He asked Megan. "Maybe an Xbox or PS3?" He leaned back in the chair. "Even though I have beaten like everything out..." He said under his breathe, a hint of annoyance in his voice. Having so much time kind of left him less to do later and it was annoying.

Katrina

Megan chuckled a bit.  "I think if its still there, there's a Wii in the other room."

Dunnuck

"A wii?" He asked blandly. "That doesn't exactly scream testosterone..." He said, standing. "And I don't want you staring at my butt while I bowl. On second thought, yeah I do." He joked. He let out a small laugh. "Could I bring it out here?" He asked.

Ink Slinger

"And who says we'd be staring?" Kayleigh inquired.  She pulled one foot up and pulled her pants leg up so she could unzip and remove her boots. 

Dunnuck

"What says you wouldn't?" He asked. He then let out a chuckle. "I'm only joking, Kay." He giggled. He ventured to the next room, emerging with the Wii.

Ink Slinger

"Obviously I'm too tired when the joke is missed." She gave him a good natured smile.  Her other boot came off and she sighed wiggling her toes in her socks.  Next she stretched, closing her eyes and making a face. 

Kraven Trollsbane

i looked around at everyone getting so cozy and relaxed, "you guys should stay more alert, not a few minuets ago you had people gunning for you. i wouldn't be surprised if we were tracked. God knows you left enough rubber on the road." i said after finishing my  spagettioes
 A&A

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh looked up at Kazuma and covered a yawn.  "I run faster in bare feet than the boots." She nodded.  "You wouldn't want me turning an ankle now would you?" One corner of her mouth quirked up in a grin. 

Dunnuck

"Whats the worse that could happen?" Chris asked, his british accent suave and cool. The ground pulsated, pushing up slightly before lowering back down. The lights blinked on and off as the ground rumbled. Chris lost his footing and hit the ground. Then it calmed.

"Wonder what that was." Chris voiced. "Probably some construction." He said, setting up the Wii to the tv in front of the dusty couch. Once he was done, he began bowling, arched forward towards the tv with one strong leg behind him.

Katrina

Megan eyed him.  "Construction...way out here? Doubtful...."  Megan moved upstairs and returned with two sniper rifles and a couple boxes of ammo. 

Dunnuck

Chris laughed nervously. "Uh...its possible?" He said in more of a question than a statement. It wouldn't act now. But why was it making it's presence known? To inconvienience Chris?

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh looked about nervously.  She wasn't used to all this and as her buzz began to wear off she started to consider how crazy this way.  She was in a strange house with two vampires.  Common sense said that was leagues beyond stupid, despite the kindness she'd been show.  She sneezed, attributing it to the dust.

"I need to get some fresh air.  Kazuma?  Is that right?  Would you uh, care to step outside with me and conjure up a breeze?  All this dust..." She shrugged. The look in here eyes said she knew it was a lame excuse.  She hoped he'd still agree.

Kraven Trollsbane

i stood up and sat my empty can of food on the counter. "sure, this dust is kind of bothering me too." i headed for the door but waited before opening it so Kayleigh could either put her shoes on or just come out bare foot.
 A&A

Dunnuck

Chris tossed a glance over to Kayleigh for a moment before returning to the Wii. Then, he heard a soft female laughter. It seemed ghostly. He paused the game and looked about. No one else could hear it. Again, the laughter sounded. It was familiar. "Do you hear that?" He asked Megan once Kayleigh went outside.

Ink Slinger

Kayliegh left the boots.  Small price to pay and now that they were off she didn't want to put them back on; her bare feet felt better anyway.  She walked on past him and out onto the porch.  She leaned on the railing waiting for him to follow.  Once he shut the door she let her calm, cool exterior fall and she looked truly frightened again.

"I know this is kind of late to realize and I'm probably looking like the dimbat in every B horror movie ever, but I really shouldn't be here." She chewed her lip looking back up at the house.  "Any chance of you taking me home?"

Dunnuck

'Cruor Perussi' A voice whispered to his mind. 'I love you. David! No! I...can't believe you...you...' Random voices from his memory screamed to his head. 'He's coming! Run, mi amore! Run! Daddy! My child, no my child! Why...why would you do this? I...I didn't...' Chris blacked out, but the voices stayed. 'You did! Our children...oh god why!?' The voice echoed in the realms of his mind. 'Kill the vampire! You killed my daughter!' A loud whispering sound began to grow louder and louder, layering over the memories. 'Love...whats the point? A vampire can never love. You can never love. Stay away, you bring only death. Immortal physically, maybe. But emotionally...

That's something else.'

'He's coming, Chris.'

Chris snapped up, looking around. He was still standing.

Katrina

Megan watched Chris a moment and walked over to him.  "Are you alright?" she asked genuinely concerned.  She wasn't hearing the voices or whispers that he was hearing.

discordantentity

I am seriously lost here, and can;t post until someone gives me a update in a nutshell.  Sorry to ask, but I kinda need a refresher please.

Kraven Trollsbane

((Discord could you please stop posting OOC in the story thread. we have a OOC thread for that. its kind of a pet peeve of mine))

"so your afraid of the vampires, but your ok with the guy who can use wind magic, fly  and could level a city block. That make s sense. but sure i could fly you home if you want."

"just come over here and stand next to me, take my arm and hold on. you wont fall even if you let go, its more of a security blanket for you."
 A&A

Ink Slinger

"It's more the lesser of two evils really." she explained.  "Sure you could blow me away but I'll take that over having my blood drained thanks.   Biting is fun within limits.  Having my blood feasted on, not so much.  Don't look for there to be rationality in the tipsy mortal." she laid her hand on his arm and took a deep breath before telling him where she lived.

Starfall Smiting Prince

Frantz walked into the bar. If this guy was a vampire, that was a sad excuse for one, he was wearing dark leather cloak with sunglasses, and long dark hair with various kind of tools all over his body. Stakes, spikes, knives, it looked this guy came out from a bad B movie and he made a few poses while coming into the room. He even had a cross on his neck.

"Frantz is in the room, no worries, everyone is going to be safe!"