News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Time Turner [closed thread]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 12, 2015, 10:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 09:49:25 PM
AFF? well AO3 is practically nothing but smut, and in my experiences Livejournal doesn't have very much of a way to browse. and they tend not to have chapters like FF.net does.

I'm actually just finished reading a pretty good one called Backwards with Purpose

Adultfanfiction.net.  It doesn't seem to be as hopping as it was say, four/five years ago, but I've found some really good long chaptered fics.  AO3 has a lot of smut, you're right; but with just a bit of browsing you can find a lot of gems.  Admittedly, my main fandom is Teen Wolf, and I don't read a lot of HP fic on there.  The trick with browsing livejournal is to find a quality rec journal.  I mainly browse there in the bottom Draco group journal, and that's because, well, I'm a huge bottom draco fan.  But yeah, mostly, for HP, I go to google, and do specific searches, like, '7th year harry potter fic rec,' and find a lot of good things that way. 

But yeah, a pain in the ass, I know!  I'd throw out good fics for you, but I don't really read gen or fics with lesbian couples(sad I know.)

And yeahhh I feel like a giant nerd now >>
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Hey lol, it's ok. Nerds are the best type to talk to
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 10:47:03 PM
Hey lol, it's ok. Nerds are the best type to talk to

I wish there was a thumbs up emote on here!  Lol.  Consider this as my thumbs up!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Don't worry Red, I'll smut with yah. I just won't smut it single handedly....wait that came out wrong.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

RedPhoenix

Pansy 2.0

Name: Pansy Parkinson
Sexuality: Questioning
Blood status: Pureblood
Occupation: Receptionist, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Centaur Liaison Office
Marital Status: oh don't even ask.... (Single)
Children: grrr (0)

Hobbies:
- Being bitter about not being an evil trophy wife
- Thinking of ways to get back at Draco Malfoy
- Thinking of ways to get back with Draco Malfoy
- Trying to get her parole auror to back off
- Plotting evil plots against pretty much everyone
- Destroying all evidence of such plots in a fit of guilt and fear that Hermione Granger will apparate out of nowhere and arrest her again.
- Gardening
- Raising Exotic Butterflies

Pre War Bio: Slightly altered from canon. Before she started attending Hogwarts, Pansy Parkinson was a nervous, half-closeted transgirl who was highly encouraged in her identity by Narcissa Malfoy when she noticed young Draco spending a lot of time with her. She never fully transitioned but every year an expensive enchantment gifted to her by the Malfoys shaped her more and more into the ideal partner for the high class aspirant that they were grooming Draco to be. Starting her third year she brewed her own potions that transformed her one remaining body area female for several days at a time. Very few at Hogwarts knew she was trans, and those who did gave it very little mind. Otherwise Pansy was every bit the little kiss ass who spent most of her time coddling and crushing on Draco and insulting anyone she thought he didn't like that she is in the novels.

Post War Bio: Pansy has had better days than what happened after the war. During the Battle of Hogwarts she snuck back in and helped many of the Death Eaters who fought for Voldemort arrive by disabling some of the shields around Hogwarts that allowed them to apprate in. Hermione caught her red handed, and a poorly timed comment about how Fred, Lavender, and the others who died would still be around if they had just turned over Harry like Pansy had suggested resulted in a broken nose and being dragged off in magical restraints.

Pansy's trial was a lot more dramatic than many people were expecting. Unlike many of the other Slytherins she was thoroughly unrepentant and uncooperative and refused to turn over any information. Through long veritaserum sessions it slowly came out that while Draco had been the figurehead for Voldemort at Hogwarts, she had been the one who did almost all of the real work. She kept the dark wizards in training organized, provided access to all parts of Hogwarts to some of Voldemort's darkest servants, and even had several Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students under Imperius curses working for her.

She was sentenced to Azkaban and felt glorious as it happened, imagining herself following in the footsteps of her idol Bellatrix Lestrange. She wasn't surprised that Draco avoided sentence, clever guy that he was, and was sure he was going to break her out any day. Instead, when he came to visit her it seemed like he was actually sincerely remorseful and not only that informed her that they couldn't be together anymore due to his revelations about his sexuality. To say Pansy became emotional on being dumped would be a serious understatement. She screamed, she sobbed, she begged she tried to seduce, to blackmail, and everything in between but Draco was firm that their relationship was over.

Pansy's anger over this turned into resentment which she took out on the world at large. Despite her age she was considered one of Azkaban's more dangerous prisoners due to her ability to organize and manipulate and she spent a lot of her time with instructors finishing her schooling (hey, Azkaban is a nicer prison under Auror management!). She is, to a mix of chagrin and pride, the top rated student of the first ever graduating class of the Azkaban Reformatory Academy.

But that was only part of what got her out. Halfway through the first year of her stay in the prison, she was approached by Rita Skeeter, who managed to sneak in in her beetle form, and thoroughly interviewed about a new article she was writing. Pansy played along just like she always did with her favorite gossip columnist. A few months later Voldemort's Forgotten Victim was published and picked up for nationwide distribution in many different journals.

The article portrayed Pansy as an innocent dupe, a victim of prejudice due to her transgender status (descriptions of how she was denied the potion she used to have a fully female form provoked more sympathy than anything else, while also informing the whole world that she was trans) and the backlash against pureblood families that Rita not so subtly suggested was worse than what the mixed bloods had ever experienced. She glossed over the hundreds of hours of evidence of Pansy's truly impressive evil machinations in favor of photos of young Pansy dressed in overalls down on her knees trying to work on her garden as a large Auror stood over her menacingly, testaments of how Pansy looked out her barred window every night dreaming that the man who had lured her into the dark world of Voldemort would come to save her. Draco got raked over the coals pretty hard for his "betrayal" of his former lover. Pansy became the poster child for unjust punishment seeking revenge rather than justice. Meanwhile the article gave Draco a lot of bad boy buzz that really helped launch his modeling career.

When she was up for parole, political pressure, popular sentiment led to her early release, under very strict parole. She moved back into her ancestral home with her parents, and proudly bore their signet ring again. She engaged in a brief affair with Oliver Wood, who had read the articles and found himself feeling sorry for her and greatly aroused, but as he slowly realized she was still rather stuck up and pining for Draco and he proved several times to be extremely rough in his tastes the relationship fell apart. Also it didn't seem to make Draco jealous at all (well, not of Oliver anyway), which had been the whole point from Pansy's end.

As part of her parole she must attend a weekly former Death Eater support group. Seeing Draco every week there is something that makes her rather uncomfortable as she still dreams of him turning to her, announcing what a fool he's been, and presenting a ring to her. She has gotten pretty good at not letting on and they are mostly friendly nowadays.

After a few years of this routine her parents passed away in a tragic dragon attack and she inherited their rather considerable estate. She was forced to auction off many of their old prize heirlooms as they contained too much dark magic for her to be around due to her parole, which infuriated her but ultimately made her richer. This included their ancestral estate which had so many old dark charms in it that the Aurors condemned it. Pansy brought a very nice little house in a magical ward of London with a large garden area and quiet and polite neighbors.  She spends most of her free time there tending to her truly beautiful and impressive collection of rare flowers and exotic butterflies. Her enchantments leave it practically running itself. Unfortunately her security clearance with the Ministry is far too low to let her near anything poisonous or potentially lethal so she can't get a job with magical plants. While it is a very nice house, she finds it lonely and empty most of the time.

While she has the funds to live modestly for the rest of her life, Pansy has never been one to live modestly. She has just enough money to barely need a job to keep herself in a lavish lifestyle and so she went looking for well paying work that would accept a resume that had Azkaban listed under education. Pulling some strings was able to use her family connections to get a job with the Ministry. Even though it is the very definition of dead end. She is the receptionist for a division that never gets any visitors, as the Centaurs still refuse to acknowledge that a Liasion for their people exists. She spends most of her day sitting behind her desk reading about her more successful classmates in gossip magazines and hearing about other people getting promoted and brought up while she wastes away in a dead end job. Although the fact that she has a job with the ministry at all is enough to infuriate some of the more conservative good guys, she isn't likely to describe her job as a lucky one anytime soon. Still, it pays rather well and on top of her inheritance she is quite well off financially for a single lady.

Pansy is up for yearly parole review at which she can request to be let off, which has been denied every time. Many Aurors don't think she should ever have been let out at all and would sooner vote to throw her back in Azkaban than end her parole. She is viewed as not truly repentant (which is true) and still a threat (which probably isn't). The fact that she has been caught growing technically illegal plants and keeping illegal butterflies several times hasn't won her any favors either, although the "oh come on those laws are outdated, they're harmless" counter argument is not without merit.

About a year ago she was assigned a new Auror to be her parole officer. Pansy was stunned when she found out that the Boy Who Lived, the Chosen One, the famous Harry Potter was going to be knocking on her door doing surprise inspections any time he liked. At first she thought she was going to get tossed back in prison, but she soon realized that Harry was nowhere near as enthusiastic about his work as she was worried about. He wrote her up for her infractions but didn't go beyond that. At times the two almost became friendly with each other and talked about their lives and what they were going through, although it was very guarded. Pansy expressed great sympathy for Harry's failing marriage, and quickly learned that when she wore tight and small outfits around the Auror that he tended to more easily forget that he hadn't checked a certain room and when she put a hand on his leg to comfort him he would sometimes forget to mention the illegal plants he had found on that trip. She could never get away with anything serious, and most of the time the stuff he forgot to do was completely irrelevant as there was nothing illegal there anyway, but Pansy started to get a sick thrill out of teasing the poor Auror on his way down. She also realized he was one of the few constant social interactions with her life, and would be embarrassed to admit that she found herself looking forward to getting dolled up for his visits.

At least the very expensive beauty enchantments have all proved themselves worth the money. Pansy remains younger and sexier in appearance than many of her classmates. So at least she's got that going for her. If anyone would just glance her way to notice how pretty she is....

Personality: Halfway between bitter and self-righteous, reformed and rebellious, worker drone and queen bee. Very sensitive about her social status. Sorry for what an evil bitch she's been but more sorry she wasn't more successful at it. Still completely obsessed with Draco. Would probably be very happy if she could find someone to be subservient to the way she used to be with him. Sincere efforts to be nice are often thwarted by the simmering rage and frustration over all her bad decisions. She is obsessive over her appearance, viewing it as one of the few assets she has left.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Golden Spider

Damn. If that's Pansy then Luna may not mind having a roll in the hay with her.

And after being infuriated once again by the lack of good Hermione/Luna tic I Aamm starting one

Roen

Hmm, I see no one reserved Harry yet.

I might take him on. Yeah, I'll take him on.
See if good old Bortter can be made interesting without the entourage of his peculiar friends :P

Edit: maybe I'm just a little worried about the lack of testosterone in the roster, wouldn't want to start a game with a very thin herd of male characters to choose from and be left out in the cold.

More guys, please!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

GnothiSeauton

I am going to hold off on posting/submitting my Neville sheet, just until a few more sheets come in and I can see whether or not what I had in mind would be a good fit or not.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Pansy is awesome Red.  She will be so much fun to interact with!

And always better to smut with a partner than by yourself. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Tell me what you think.  Too much?  Not enough?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Golden Spider

Well ignoring the blatantly obvious which is that that girl does not look indian at all.

In my mind at least

Crash

LOL her faceclaim is Miss India and Miss World 2002.  I have other pics that show off her Indian heritage better, but they didn't work as well together as those.  I plan on using those in game.

This is another pic of her. 

I think part of the issue is I faded both pics back to match the pastel of the background and the faded her skin too making her looker whiter.

I will look at a different background.  I do want her ethnicity to be apparent after all.

Crash

Here is a second one.  Not sure which I like better.

Golden Spider

I didn't say that the first one was bad. i was quite good, just It is odd to me to see a character that is portrayed as Indian descent, whiter than most white people

Crash

No worries.  I have settled on the best of both.

Red - I agree.  She has some images (not the one above) in beautiful sari's that I may use as formal attire from time to time. 

This is what I am going to use for her character sheet.

Golden Spider

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 15, 2015, 03:27:51 AM
Rough draft....Dis let me know if this is okay. :)

Name: Pansy Parkinson
Sexuality: Questioning
Blood status: Pureblood
Occupation: Receptionist, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Centaur Liaison Office
Marital Status: oh don't even ask.... (Single)
Children: grrr (0)

Hobbies:
- Being bitter about not being an evil trophy wife
- Thinking of ways to get back at Draco Malfoy
- Thinking of ways to get back with Draco Malfoy
- Trying to get her parole auror to back off
- Plotting evil plots against pretty much everyone
- Destroying all evidence of such plots in a fit of guilt and fear that Hermione Granger will apparate out of nowhere and arrest her again.
- Gardening
- Raising Exotic Butterflies

Pre War Bio: Slightly altered from canon. Before she started attending Hogwarts, Pansy Parkinson was a nervous, half-closeted transgirl who was highly encouraged in her identity by Narcissa Malfoy when she noticed young Draco spending a lot of time with her. She never fully transitioned but every year an expensive enchantment gifted to her by the Malfoys shaped her more and more into the ideal partner for the high class aspirant that they were grooming Draco to be. Very few at Hogwarts knew she was trans, and those who did gave it very little mind. Otherwise Pansy was every bit the little kiss ass who spent most of her time coddling and crushing on Draco and insulting anyone she thought he didn't like that she is in the novels.

Post War Bio: Pansy has had better days than what happened after the war. Although she was deep into the activities of the Death Eaters thanks to her constant efforts to impress Draco, Pansy is a lover not a fighter and promptly surrendered when Hermione cornered her after the Battle of Hogwarts and a poorly timed comment about how Fred, Lavender, and the others who died would still be around if they had just turned over Harry like Pansy had suggested resulted in a broken nose and being dragged off in magical restraints. What exactly she was still doing in Hogwarts is not something she likes talking about. Her official file indicates that veritaserum compelled her to reveal she was attempting to sabotage the defenses to ensure Voldemort's victory. For this she was sentenced to a month in Azkaban, an experience that thoroughly terrified her and has left her deeply committed to never returning there, and she is still subject to random search and inspection by the Auror's Parole Office, mostly due to the fact that her yearly chances to get off of parole tend to go horribly. When the auror that comes to pay her a visit is one of her former classmates she seethes.

Her relationship with Draco also dissolved completely when he told her he just couldn't be with a woman. To say Pansy became emotional on being dumped would be a serious understatement. She screamed, she sobbed, she begged, she tried to get Draco's mom to intervene, she tried to seduce, to blackmail, and everything in between but Draco was firm that their relationship was over. This caused her social stock to plummet. A brief affair with a on-the-rebound Oliver Wood did a little to assuage her ego but didn't do anything to make Draco jealous so that was over very quickly. She still sees her ex every week at the support group for former Death Eaters they both attend.

Despite all of that her family connections were just enough to get a job with the Ministry. Even though it is the very definition of dead end. She is the receptionist for a division that never gets any visitors, as the Centaurs still refuse to acknowledge that a Liasion for their people exists. She spends most of her day sitting behind her desk reading about her more successful classmates in gossip magazines and hearing about other people getting promoted and brought up while she wastes away in a dead end job. Although the fact that she has a job with the ministry at all is enough to infuriate some of the more conservative good guys, she isn't likely to describe her job as a lucky one anytime soon.

Currently Pansy is viewed as not committed enough to evil to be a threat, but not sincere enough about reforming to not be a threat. She has enough social acquaintances that she isn't a hermit but made too many enemies and backed the wrong horse so can't really be thought of as popular. She received enough of an inheritance from her recently departed folks that she is able to afford a very decent and cozy little house in a quiet little wizard's enclave in London and spends most of her free time there tending to her truly beautiful and impressive collection of rare flowers and exotic butterflies. Her enchantments leave it practically running itself. Unfortunately her security clearance with the Ministry is far too low to let her near anything poisonous or potentially lethal so she can't get a job with magical plants. While it is a very nice house, she finds it lonely and empty most of the time.

At least the very expensive beauty enchantments have all proved themselves worth the money. Pansy remains younger and sexier in appearance than many of her classmates. So at least she's got that going for her. If anyone would just glance her way to notice how pretty she is....

Personality: Halfway between bitter and self-righteous, reformed and rebellious, worker drone and queen bee. Very sensitive about her social status. Sorry for what an evil bitch she's been but more sorry she wasn't more successful at it. Still completely obsessed with Draco. Would probably be very happy if she could find someone to be subservient to the way she used to be with him. Sincere efforts to be nice are often thwarted by the simmering rage and frustration over all her bad decisions. She is obsessive over her appearance, viewing it as one of the few assets she has left.

Your Pansy looks good to me, and so you get my GM thumbs up of approval.  If you add or subtract anything from your sheet, let me know.

Quote from: Roen on August 15, 2015, 07:36:36 AM
Hmm, I see no one reserved Harry yet.

I might take him on. Yeah, I'll take him on.
See if good old Bortter can be made interesting without the entourage of his peculiar friends :P

Edit: maybe I'm just a little worried about the lack of testosterone in the roster, wouldn't want to start a game with a very thin herd of male characters to choose from and be left out in the cold.

More guys, please!

Bortter <<-- typo?

But yes, feel free to write up a Harry Potter sheet, and submit it to me! 

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 15, 2015, 08:42:49 AM
I am going to hold off on posting/submitting my Neville sheet, just until a few more sheets come in and I can see whether or not what I had in mind would be a good fit or not.

You could pm meeeeee with your idea, I like receiving interesting PM's.  Or I can hop on Mumble, because I'm accommodating like that.  But either way, I want your Neville in game >.<

Quote from: Crash on August 15, 2015, 01:54:02 PM
Tell me what you think.  Too much?  Not enough?

I like all the pictures you came up with!  Her having a paleness to her skin, can also be attributed to the orange color of the background.  She has a natural orangy tone to her skin, so when you wear/have a backdrop that also has the same tone, you'll look washed out, or pale.  If you had picked another background color, she probably would have looked tanner. 

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

That was not a typo, main characters tend to be a bit stale to my taste, potter was no exception, but I've got it covered.

I am trying to find a new face claim for Harry, though, since I'm not very pleased with the whole "Elijah Wood" thing Radcliffe has been having recently... 

I've got-

Hugh Dancy

Brandon Routh

Or-

Adam Brody (I call him "Shaggy")

Who should I choose? I'd love some helpful opinions :P

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

GnothiSeauton

Hugh Dancy would be my vote.  But I might be a bit biased with my Hannibal obsession.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 15, 2015, 05:27:24 PM
Hugh Dancy would be my vote.  But I might be a bit biased with my Hannibal obsession.

I agree.  He is the one that is recognizably Harry to me.

Golden Spider

I would vote hugh as well as long as you color his hair darker

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 15, 2015, 05:27:24 PM

Except for the Hannibal reference,  this would be my vote to.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 15, 2015, 05:41:27 PM
If you do use Hugh Dancy may I request you not use a picture of him from Hannibal? It's not big deal if you want to but I will not be able to think of him as anything but Will if that's what I'm looking at. xD

Lol!  Hannibal Harry Potter....sorry couldn't resist.

Golden Spider

Quote from: Crash on August 15, 2015, 05:40:07 PM
I disagree. It still works for Harry.

I disagree with your disagreement Harry's hair is black, like a raven. Those pictures you hve as Hugh are all  brown

Im sorry for my pickering. but I can be very religious when it come to Harry Potter  :P :-)