News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Removing New Reply notifications

Started by TheGlyphstone, April 10, 2010, 08:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

I posted in a couple of random threads, silly games and such, and now they're appearing in my list of 'new replies to my posts', even though I'd probably never post there again. Is there any way to set a thread so it stops feeding you updates of that sort? I didn't see anything in the Profile, and it's not a Bookmark.

Ty

In short, at the moment no (unless Veks has managed to mod it into the forum code recently). If you want to keep track of specific threads, Bookmarks and Notifications are probably the better system.

Oniya

One thing I commonly do is go to the forum in question (usually Games and Socializing or Adult Socializing) and hit the 'Mark all as read' button before I even peek at my new replies.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HockeyGod

I use the "Show unread posts since last visit." This allows you to select Boards (in your profile) that will specifically show up in this feature. So, select those Board where you want to see new posts and you have a custom list. You can't do it at the thread level, for now you would have to use Bookmarks or Notify for this.

TheGlyphstone

Binjo! Alxnjsh, you're made of win. :D