"It Only Affects Men" - Zombie story with a difference. Recruiting Survivors

Started by Chrystal, December 03, 2012, 05:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Oh hell. I just HAD to post this here... This pic is definitely going to be in the opening post of at least one thread...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Triple posting is GM's prerogative.

As no one else has been bold enough to actually post a character sheet yet, Here's mine:

Player Name: Chrystal

Name: Katherine Johnston
Alias (if any): Big Kate
Profession: Farmer.

Survivalist or Rescuee: Survivalist

Height: 188cm, 6'2"
Weight: 86 kg, 189 lbs

Hair colour: Dark brown
Eye colour: Brown

Special skills: Organisation, Charisma, Marksmanship, Farming, Hording, Fixing things.

Weapons: M16 Assault Rifle, M2HB Machine gun, 2 x Glock 17 Automatic Pistol, Colt M4 Commando assault carbine, AK/VF-M9 Assault knife. Stock of other weapons and ammunition.
Other equipment: Owns the farm. Various agricultural equipment and several off-road capable vehicles.

Likes: Hot food especially meat, a hot shower, a comfortable bed (preferably with someone submissive in it), rock music, inflicting pain, being in control, guns.
Dislikes: Muesli, weakness, loosing control, drugs, drunkenness, People who don't know how to look after themselves.

Personality: Kate is tough. She grew up on the farm she now owns, and has been kept fit by hard work. She learned early on not to trust men, when she was attacked by one of her father's hired hands at age sixteen. She dispises weakness and when she sees it in others she will often exploit it to her own ends. She respects strength. She has a built-in mistrust of government, religion, and any claiming authority they have not earned. As such, she built a stockpile of weapons and munitions, including a number of heavy weapons that if the Federal Government found them would see her arrested!

History: Kate was born to Frank and Lisa Johnston, and grew up on the farm along with two older brothers. When she was 14 she realised that she was more interested sexually in the girls she went to school with than the boys. This didn't stop one of her father's hired hands from persuing her. When she was sixteen, he tried to force himself on her. She escaped and told her father, who beat the man to death with his bare hands.

Unfortunately that resulted in her father being arrested for manslaughter. On his release from prison he was a changed man, and Kate lost her respect for him. Her mother died in a car crash a few years later and her father simply lost the will to live, and became more or less a recluse within his own home.

Kate took over the running of the farm, as one of her brothers was away at university, and the other was married to  a lawyer and had moved to the city. When the younger of her two borthers returned to the farm with a girlfriend in tow, Kate refused to relinquish the farm to him. She allowed him to stay, but only on the understanding that she was in charge.

Her natural paranoia and mistrust of authority led her to turn the farm into a veritable fortress, a survivalist's dream bunker. She stockpiled food and weapons, the farm had it's own generators, wind, solar and deisil power, it's own underground well. She stockpiled fuel too, and bought an efluent ingestor to convert waste products into fuel too. The farm was all-but self sufficient.

When news of the plague that was infecting men in the big cities reached her, Kate imediately fortified the farm. She armed all her people, and waited. When, inevitably, the plague arrived and started driving the men mad, she was forced to kill them. It was with some regret that she shot her own father, who was in fact quite harmless inspite of his madness, but she did it to end his suffering.

Sadly she was too late to save her brother's wife.

Since then she has been gathering survivors to herself. She leads raids into the nearby towns and cities, and often rescues any women she finds hiding there.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kimera

I'm thinking of another concept then the scientist

Ex-cop/military or maybe sort of helpless cheerleader type ;)

ForAlbion

Ooh, this scenario intrigues me.

How about a rescuee who was engaged/newly married when the infection hit?

One question: What sort of skills are you looking for in the rescuees? I'm getting the impression that this is going to be a pretty solid Alpha/Omega sort of arrangement between the survivalists and the rescuees, so would you prefer more domestic skills, as opposed to more combat-oriented ones in the Alphas?

Le Immortelle

Player Name: Amazon

Name: Diana Carter
Alias (if any): Baroness of Blood
Profession: Soldier

Survivalist or Rescuee: Survivalist

Height: 199 cm, 6'4"
Weight: 107 kg, 235 lbs

Hair colour: Blonde
Eye colour: Green

Special skills: Marksmanship, Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat, Hoarding, Strategic Genius, Strong Adaptability, Ruthlessness

Weapons: M16 Rifle, M4 Carbine, 9MM M9 Pistol, Army Knife, Plenty of Ammo
Other equipment: Harley Davidson Super-Glide Dyna

Likes: Heavy Metal, Marijuana, Alcohol, Submissive Women, Kicking Ass, BDSM, Working Out
Dislikes: Classical Music, Loss of Control, Two-Faced People, Zombies [Duh.]

Personality: A behemoth, Diana is a tough as nails woman who lives to dominate. Her personality is a strong, assertive one and more than often she is known to take charge of the situations when the going gets tough. She firmly believes in the principle of survival of the fittest and if one is unable to survive a particular scenario, well then tough luck for them because they have proved to be the weak link and deserve to be eliminated. She's sarcastic and often gets in trouble for that, but then again being in trouble is also something which she's used to by now having gone through a lot of tough shit. She's not squeamish about violence, having seen war and more than enough bloodshed to last her for a lifetime. However, violence is something which she believes in using as a last resort. But once one pisses her off enough to actual go to that level, there is nobody who is worse than her as she will break your legs, chop your arms off and then kill you in the most painful way possible before feeding you to pigs. She's a bit of a loner and prefers to work in her own way, be it when working with a group or not. After all, it's whether you get the job done or not that matters, right?

History: Diana was born to Sam and Alicia Carter in an average family in the sleepy town of Hicksville. A lone child, her parents were owners of a small restaurant called Blue Crush. She had been a tomboy as long as she could remember, always hanging out with the boys, getting down and dirty and whatnot. After graduating from school, she went to army where she excelled in boot camp before being posted to Afghanistan. Her mother passed away few years back when Diana was on duty much to her grief. After seeing war and atrocities committed there in the name of patriotism or what's right and just, she has always had a feeling of paranoia about the government and their policies. She has a hard time trusting anyone, especially strangers and often gets nightmares about her days in war and teammates which she ended up losing.

She returned home briefly at random intervals and had returned home for good when some batches of troops were evacuated when the disaster had struck. With regret and sadness, she blew brains of her own father who had gone insane due to virus, a fact which she still feels regrets about. She grabbed her basic belongings and has seen the whole nation, or one should say whole planet get engulfed with the disaster. Riding her bike, she has been living the life of a nomad ever since then, camping alone at intervals and travelling through day in hopes of finding some way to put up a proper, organized resistance against all those men who have ended up becoming zombies. That's how she finds the farm when travelling through the country.

Chrystal

Quote from: ForAlbion on December 07, 2012, 11:12:41 PM
Ooh, this scenario intrigues me.

How about a rescuee who was engaged/newly married when the infection hit?

Sounds good, assuming you can come up with a good way for her to escfape her zombified hubby.

One question: What sort of skills are you looking for in the rescuees? I'm getting the impression that this is going to be a pretty solid Alpha/Omega sort of arrangement between the survivalists and the rescuees, so would you prefer more domestic skills, as opposed to more combat-oriented ones in the Alphas?

Not necessarily. Yes this is as you say going to be a "pretty solid Alpha/Omega" structure. I quoted that phrase directly because I've not heard it expressed that way and I like the wording.

However, the line is thin when it comes to who becomes what... For example, you might have a rough tough cop who has no problem facing down a gang of jewel thieves, but just totally freaks out when faced with her former squad mates trying to eat her. On the other hand you might have a sweet looking housemaid who apparently wouldn't say boo to a goose, but who  has a basement full of guns!

Quote from: Kimera on December 07, 2012, 05:21:53 PM
I'm thinking of another concept then the scientist

Ex-cop/military or maybe sort of helpless cheerleader type ;)

See answer to For Albion given above.

Amz, character is approved :)

AurelieCatena

****** *** FELINA *********

Player Name: AurelieCatena

Name: Mary-Jo Robertson (nobody knows this name, though)
Alias: Felina
Profession: Strip-dancer and music-hall artist

Survivalist or Rescuee: Rescuee

Height: 168 cm / 5'6''
Weight: 60 kg / 9.5 stones

Special skills: Conjuring tricks, stealth, lock-picking, escapology, crossbow, precision whipping

Weapons: A whip, a crossbow
Other equipment: -

Likes: Being admired, being pretty, theatre, shows and theatrical behaviour, tenderness, men.
Dislikes: Brutality, pain, lesbians, politics, sciences, ugliness, filth, bad taste.

Personality:
Felina has always had an acute knowledge of her beauty and of the effect she has on men. She has learned to use it at her advantage. As such, she has never been ashamed to show her body to get what she wants. Since the disaster, she has had to turn it down though, hiding her body to remain unnoticed. She has an extravert personality. When she has to choose between two ways of doing something, she will tend to choose the most spectacular one. This tends to transpire in all her everyday actions, at least when she does not feel threatened. She will try to impress, mostly through her looks and words.

History:
Ever since she was 16, Felina always wished to reach fame in the show-business. She tried everything to succeed. Unscrupulous peoples, naivety and maybe a lack of talent, led her deeper and deeper into the world of adult entertainment, although she always felt that she was promised to a mainstream career and that her jobs were but means to reach an end.

She tried several things, from strip-dancing to conjuror (naked) assistant, through knife-throwing and crossbower and whip artist. She reached a kind of dubious fame as an illusionist assistant where she had to escape from various types of erotic bondage.

When the disease began to appear, she was one of the firsts to witness it as her public was mostly masculine. She saw the first indices of strange behaviour and physionomical changes. This freaked her so much that she refused to come back to the show. Her manager kept calling her on the phone for a few days but she was too scared to come back. In particular after she had learned more about the disease on the news. A few days later, he did not call her but came knocking at her door. When she saw him through the peephole, she understood he too had gotten infected.

As the man began to destroy her door, she managed to escape through the window, reach her car and leave the town. The world as she knew it was crumbling around her. She learned to avoid the towns where the disease was spreading faster. She learned to live in her car, to steal gas from other cars, to find food in the most strangest place. Her lock-picking skills, and the fact she could squeeze herself through the narrowest opening allowed her to enter places that were thought secure and steal what she needed to survive.

One day though, her car broke down in the middle of nowhere. She followed a road, on foot, her makeshift crossbow her only weapon. Hungry and thirsty, she saw a farm in the distance. She waited for the night and managed to sneak past the defence and find her way to the storage room where she ate and drank as much as she could. It was when she tried to escape that she was caught.

She should have been killed on the spot, but something prevented her captors from dispatching her. Maybe the way she had sneaked through all the security system had made some impression. Maybe it was her looks...

Possible reasons to keep her alive:

• As a slave to do the chores on the farm
  • As a sex toy
  • To use her show-woman skills
  • For her infiltration, stealth, lock-picking skills

Body decorations:

• A big ring hung from her nose and caressed her lips
  • two thick rings pierced her nipples and pulled them down with their weight.
  • Six rings pierced her sex
  • a ring transfixed her clitoris.
  • a big ring is pierced under the muscles and tendons covering the top of each wrist
  • a big ring is pierced behind the Achilles tendons of both feet
  • "Slave girl" tattooed on her lower back.
  • "Meat" tattooed on her left breast.

AurelieCatena

I finally went for something very different I had first suggested. I hope it is OK.

Chrystal

Quote from: AurelieCatena on December 10, 2012, 07:28:59 AM
I finally went for something very different I had first suggested. I hope it is OK.

Hmmm.

Really nice, especially that homophobic side. She is going to be seriously raped - if that's all right with you, dear?

Um, yeah, I will approve the character on the understanding that you want her to be brutally raped. If you don't then.... Wait, what am I saying? This is AurelieCatena I'm talking to.

Character is approved!

AurelieCatena

Thanks for the approval!

I left the reason for her acceptance in the community vague on purpose. I am open to improve it, give more details or squarely change it after discussion with the other players and the GM. This is also something that can be developped and alluded to as the story moves forward.

Quote from: Chrystal on December 10, 2012, 07:47:48 AM
Um, yeah, I will approve the character on the understanding that you want her to be brutally raped. If you don't then.... Wait, what am I saying? This is AurelieCatena I'm talking to.

LOL!

Sara Nilsson

Player Name: Sara Nilsson

Name: Diana Colhaine
Alias (if any): Dee
Profession: Gunsmith

Survivalist or Rescuee: Switch (when push comes to shove she will pick up her rifle and kick ass with the best of them, but as soon as danger is over she tends to fall back to being meek and need guidance)

Height: 5'10"/177cm
Weight: 149 pounds/68kilos

Hair colour: Brownish red
Eye colour: Light brown

Special skills: She is good with tools, being a bit of a grease monkey. She can repair firearms, vehicles and household appliances without much trouble.

Weapons: m14 rifle and 9 mm automatic pistol.
Other equipment: Body armour, a full toolkit.

Dislikes: Abusive people, cruelty and rap music (she cant stand it!)

Personality: Dee is a bit of an oddity, normally a bit shy and not much for asserting herself. But when confronted with the zombie threat she found her old marksmanship skills useful when danger threatens she is more then willing to put that to good use, but afterwards she tends to crash and curl up in a sobbing heap in need of comfort and guidance. She is more then happy to let everyone else call the shots and just be in the background fixing anything that is broken.

History: The youngest of four children and the only girl, so growing up she was constantly in her brothers handed down clothes and playing with them. So growing up being a bit of a tomboy on a large farm in the south she learned a lot about engines and guns from her brothers. It also helped mold her into someone who tends to be in the background and not make too much of a fuss. Being the only somewhat reliable child (her brothers are very irresponsible with money) her father gave her his old gunshop with the condition that she look after her brothers. Not long before the outbreak she was dating a bodybuilder and they where talking about getting married, one late afternoon he had promised to come meet her at the store. Sadly she didn't expect him to have become infected forcing her to put him down with the rifle she still bears. She hasnt forgot the promise to her father and hopped onto her trusty pickup to head on home despite the long trip she had to make. Halfway there it broke down but she saw light in the distance and found shelter with the other women, trading a cot for her skills.

AurelieCatena

Chrystal

Yay, that's four!

Sara, I love the character, I especially love the way you worked in being switch.

The only slight niggle I have is that you described something that I haven't specified. I suppose I should have really....

I wasn't imagining anything "supernatural" here. No undead as such. The virus that is affecting all men simply rots away their brains, leaving them as shambling mindless animals.

At least that's how I was imagining things.

The reason I wasn't specific is because others may be imagining things differently, which is fine, as long as they aren't actually committed to the screen. The moment someone actually specifies something, and it becomes "canon", everyone else is forced into the same mould, which may not be how they see things.

So, what I would like, please, is if you could remove the bit about her boyfriend falling down dead and rising as a zombie, and just make it a little less specific? That way you can keep your idea about how the virus works and everyone else can keep theirs. As all males are already infected, there will be no need for anyone to describe the process.

Many thanks.

Other than that, yes, definitely an approved character.

Quote from: AurelieCatena on December 10, 2012, 10:51:36 AM
How many players do you want, before we start playing, Chrystal?

I'd love to have 8 or 9 so that when half drop out after the first week, there are still 4 or 5.

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Chrystal on December 10, 2012, 10:54:14 AM
I'd love to have 8 or 9 so that when half drop out after the first week, there are still 4 or 5.

Experience's speaking... Alas...

Sara Nilsson

Chrystal

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on December 10, 2012, 01:25:15 PM
fixed :)

Thank you.

Okay,  so if the other four players who expressed an interest are all still interested and can post a character, we'll be up and running.

CopperLily

I'm interested in this, and right now it looks like we have a shortage of rescuees, which suits me just fine.

What about something like a nurse? Useful enough skillset to be worth taking along, but not really enough to make her an "honorary" survivalist type. Works well with the Alpha/Omega dynamic too - she spends a lot of her time nervously waiting to the violent types to come back, wondering who needs to get patched up this time.

Would that fit?

Branwen

See, Chrystal is psychic.  I can't wrap my head around a decent character, so I'm going to withdraw my petition.  I do hope the game comes out great though!

Chrystal

Quote from: CopperLily on December 10, 2012, 03:07:17 PM
I'm interested in this, and right now it looks like we have a shortage of rescuees, which suits me just fine.

What about something like a nurse? Useful enough skillset to be worth taking along, but not really enough to make her an "honorary" survivalist type. Works well with the Alpha/Omega dynamic too - she spends a lot of her time nervously waiting to the violent types to come back, wondering who needs to get patched up this time.

Would that fit?

A nurse would be most welcome, yes.

Quote from: Branwen on December 10, 2012, 03:15:57 PM
See, Chrystal is psychic.  I can't wrap my head around a decent character, so I'm going to withdraw my petition.  I do hope the game comes out great though!

Not psychic, just experienced. Branwen, I'm sorry to loose you, but I do understand. And thank you for letting us know rather than just not posting again. that puts you firmly in my "invite into the next group game" category :)

Kimera

Still interested, but I'm not finding the spark for an interesting character.

I want her to be a submissive type though, personality wise

CopperLily

Quote from: Chrystal on December 10, 2012, 03:58:25 PM
A nurse would be most welcome, yes.

:) Happy to hear it. You can raid a store for an improbably short uniform for her to wear ;)

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: CopperLily on December 10, 2012, 04:06:00 PM
:) Happy to hear it. You can raid a store for an improbably short uniform for her to wear ;)

^^ sounds good to me

Chrystal

Okay, for those not able to come up with a character, here are a few ideas. Feel free to take them and expand on them.

1) The cop who watched her female partner get eaten by her male colleagues, and was powerless to stop them, freaked out and hid.
2) The housemaid who is a normally quiet and withdrawn person, but who has been waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse ever since watching season one of The Walking Dead, and has a basement full of guns and ammo.
3) The school teacher who, on seeing her class get attacked by zombie-men, snapped and went totally berserk, and is now a zombie killing machine.
4) The wife of one of the farm-hands. Switch - hates what men have become and due to her close association with Big Kate is a survivalist, but due to her close association with Big Kate is a total sub in bed.
5) Escaped convict, mass murderer, "Black Widow". Is actually a lesbian man-hater anyway, marries for money and then murders her husband. She got through several before being caught.
6) The tourist - visiting a nearby city when everything went to hell. Was trying to get to the airport but never made it - or maybe was rescued from the airport.
7) The lavatory attendant who worked in an underground public convenience, keeping it clean. Was found hiding down there by a survivalist needing a pee...
8) The porn star, who was making a sexy zombie movie when it all turned Horribly real... Oh the irony.

There's a few there. Please feel free to build on them, combine them, decombine them and what have you.

Quote from: CopperLily on December 10, 2012, 04:06:00 PM
Quote from: Sara Nilsson on December 10, 2012, 04:08:35 PM
^^ sounds good to me
*giggles*

CopperLily

Player Name: Copper Lily

Name: Heather Graham
Alias (if any): None
Profession: Nurse

Survivalist or Rescuee: Rescuee

Height: 5'7", 170 cm
Weight: 63 kg ~139 lbs

Hair colour: Brown
Eye colour: Brown

Special skills: Nursing, decent cook and something of an informal councilor.

Weapons: 9mm pistol, desperately low on ammunition (assuming the survivalists let her keep it)
Other equipment: Everything she could grab from the hospital pharmacy and supply cabinet. Having a couple bottles of antibiotics to offer up probably kept her from being shot.

Likes: Being warm - she'll do a great deal to not go to bed shivering. Fixing people. Books - she's currently carrying an anthology of short stories she must have read a dozen times by now.
Dislikes: Alcohol - didn't like it before...everything happened, and she's seen enough people drink themselves to death at this point. Smoking. Raw meat - if she's cooking, it's medium.

Personality: Heather is something of a perfect target for those who were a little bit excited when this all hit. Pretty, quiet and unassuming, she was likely destined for the fate of a short-lived plaything, save that she has an extremely useful skill. She's been more than willing to barter it in exchange for her life, and she finds it gives her something to focus on. That in her own way, stitching a leg wound up is helping keep the world from spinning out just a little bit.

History: A hospital was a very, very bad place to be when this all started out. You see, hospitals are full of men. And that day, they were full of sick men. The nursing student with her, an 18 year old girl named Casey, died screaming on the floor when a patient's teeth ripped off most of her forearm before heading for the rest of her. The girl's death gave Heather just enough time to bolt, locking herself in one of the registered narcotic supply closets. They were meant to keep addicts and thieves out, but they worked well enough for zombies too. She waited for the better part of two days before hunger drove her out, and fortunately for her in that time the zombies had mostly dispersed into the city. Stealing a pistol off a guard - with only the faintest idea of how to shoot it - and loading her backpack up with drugs and supplies, she headed out.

She didn't make it to the compound - she was found, collapsed from exhaustion near the side of the road. Two days later and several bowls of soup later, she traded what was left of her supplies - and herself - for protection and the right to stay in the compound.

---

Failed to find a more practical picture, but that's what you get when the character in your head happens to be an underwear model. Though it sounds like if Sara and Chrystal have their way, it may not be so unrealistic after all ;)

Kimera

Thanks Crystal, I'll use those as inspiration

She looks yummy Copper Lily