what are you wearing?

Started by Cherri Tart, September 18, 2007, 04:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acid Lips

Beguile's Mistress

A soft white sleep shirt, fuzzy white socks and my reading glasses.

RP7466

Grey boxer briefs,

Didn't sleep last night, call it an early one tonight.
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Nico

white boxer briefs, dark blue jeans, black leather belt, dark green hoodie.

Ophan

Black female buiness suit, white undershirt, black bra and green thong.

Beguile's Mistress

Burgundy pencil skirt, pink silk long-sleeved blouse with pearl buttons, sheer black stockings :-) and black sued belt and heels.

WyldRanger

*smiles* Yay, the stockings are back!

--------------------------

Black slacks, black socks and black shoes. Also a grey collared t-shirt.

Jag

A red t-shirt with some lacing on the front and black slacks. I only own one green thing and that is a dress, which would have been very uncomfortable in for walking today.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ophan

Novak

black boxer briefs.  I enjoy when the roommate is out.

Acid Lips

WyldRanger

white shirt and white sweatpants.

Beguile's Mistress

Soft and silky Kelly Green sleep shirt and fuzzy white socks and...  ta da...  reading glasses. :-)

WyldRanger

Awww... you're wearing green... I can't pinch you now!  :-\

*chuckles*

Beguile's Mistress

What is with the pinching?  Someone else mentioned that today, too, because I was sporting my my St. Patrick's Day avatar.

Silverfyre

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 17, 2011, 10:24:00 PM
What is with the pinching?  Someone else mentioned that today, too, because I was sporting my my St. Patrick's Day avatar.

If you don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day, you are supposed to get pinched. 

Beguile's Mistress

*giggles*  That's a new one on me!  Sheesh!  Who made up that rule?

WyldRanger

What Silver said, not sure how that tradition got started though.

Silverfyre

From what I remember, it's an American thing.  Here's a tidbit from Answers.com:

In a Pinch
It's thought that the pinching started in the early 1700s, about the time that awareness of St. Patrick's as a holiday came to the fore, too, in Boston, in the Massachusetts colony. They thought if you wore green, it made you invisible to the Leprechauns, which was good because they would pinch anyone they could see. So the pinching is to warn and remind you about the Leprechauns.

Pinching those not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day is an American tradition, having really nothing to do with Ireland or St. Patrick Wrong. I have lived in Ireland. The truth is, Irish people think Americans are crazy. St. Patrick's Day is not even remotely celebrated over there as heavily as it is in the US.

WyldRanger

Learn something new every day!

Beguile's Mistress

I have never ever heard that.  I live in Pittsburgh, home of the Black and Gold.  May leprechauns are afraid of the Steelers?

*laughs*

Thanks, guys.  As Xana said, your learn something new every day.

RP7466

Green boxer briefs, and reading glasses. Just got them, evidently I've needed them my whole life but never had my eyes checked other than the eye charts at school. Woulda been nice 15 years ago when I started getting headaches from doing homework.

"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Silverfyre

Just doing my job as E's residential Irish knowledge guy.

WyldRanger

More likely their afraid of the Penguins around you're neck of the woods (Hockey reference...and a old commercial reference)

bud ice penguins

Beguile's Mistress

Yep!  That would scare me if I were a leprechaun!

And now that I know all about the pinch tradition...

*pouts*   Because I can't pinch RP or any other guy wearing green except Xana who is wearing white. ;D