[Pathfinder] Loyalty to One's King [NC] [4 players so far, looking for more!]

Started by GloomCookie, July 23, 2012, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Shaitan

agreed the die roller here isn't too bad, since you can access the site here, let it do the rolls for you snake.

GloomCookie

I haven't tried it but it came recommended so I'm just tossing it to you as a suggestion if you need help.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Muse

I think Anica would want to support Mathew, though there's also a temptation to focus on the monster's besetting the castle and make sure there's a kingdom left to rule once the brother's have had it out. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shaitan

give it time I'm sure one will show up, but then again this is the kind of thing that either makes or breaks a paladin everytime.

Inkidu

I kind of have this paladin I want to play. I was just wondering why paladin wasn't on the list of classes. I mean if it's an issue of the paladin not having a lot of his special abilities being useful due to setting I don't really care. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Muse

Linna told me that palladins have a special roll in this culture. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Healergirl

This is a very confused environment, ethically  speaking.  I say ethically and nor morally, there is a distinction.  Paladins might well just steer clear of the succession issue.

Question Mark

Paladins: is the stick up the ass a class feature, or do they insert it themselves?

Inkidu

Quote from: Muse on August 06, 2012, 07:59:05 PM
Linna told me that palladins have a special roll in this culture.
Okay, I get that, but so? I'm willing to at least read what the GM has in mind. I enjoy interpreting "alignments" in interesting ways. I'd like to get the info from the GM. My guy might not even work, I can't tell. 

Nice Order of the Stick reference, Question Mark.

GloomCookie

Paladins in this game are special.  They're like the secret service... they only guard the king, and do not under any circumstances leave his side.  They will fight to the death to protect him.  So unless you want to spend all game standing around the king hoping something comes along and glances at him funny...
My DeviantArt

Inkidu

Quote from: Linna on August 06, 2012, 10:35:31 PM
Paladins in this game are special.  They're like the secret service... they only guard the king, and do not under any circumstances leave his side.  They will fight to the death to protect him.  So unless you want to spend all game standing around the king hoping something comes along and glances at him funny...
Okay, but I have a question. Why wouldn't the other guy have paladins too? I kind of drew from the description that what is "lawful good" been thrown into question. I liked the grey-and-grey of this story so it seems weird that you'd kind of put the paladins on one side, because that would kind of dictate who was right and who was wrong lawfully at least.

Kind of what I thought, I'm not trying to ruin your game or anything.

GloomCookie

Well, lawfully, Phillip is the King.  His word is law.  Matthew himself is technically the King in that he was supposed to be coronated, but to the Paladins, that doesn't matter.  To them, the only one they are to defend is the King, and nothing will stop that.  If you want to get technical, it's a loyalty to the crown itself, not the actual person wearing it.
My DeviantArt

Inkidu

Quote from: Linna on August 07, 2012, 01:12:55 PM
Well, lawfully, Phillip is the King.  His word is law.  Matthew himself is technically the King in that he was supposed to be coronated, but to the Paladins, that doesn't matter.  To them, the only one they are to defend is the King, and nothing will stop that.  If you want to get technical, it's a loyalty to the crown itself, not the actual person wearing it.
Fair enough, sorry to clutter the thread, just thought I'd ask. :D

Have fun, take care, people!

Healergirl

I'll be out for a couple of days, on a trip leaving my laptop behind at the request of my luddite husband, will be back on friday.