News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A suggestion?

Started by shadowspale, September 08, 2009, 10:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspale

I am new here and I am still learning the ropes so maybe I am missing things. I really like being here but I will admit I am a bit disgruntled about one thing. A clearly defined area for m/m play.

Maybe I am an oddity, I don't know but I don't want to play in anything where if I want to play a male I am forced into het. Maybe I am missing it but the one game I found where I wouldn't have to worry about it, wanted females to play females and males to play males.

It would be really nice to have an area I could go and know without having to dig through everything that what I am getting is m/m.

I don't mind playing females but I prefer males. I am starting to feel, however that maybe I am in the wrong place and this wonderful group isn't meant for me since most games seem to be geared for straight or bi characters.

A board for those who would like to play m/m or f/f solely doesn't seem to exist; maybe one could be added? Just a thought.

I don't understand. Have you been making request threads for m/m? I've honestly never heard of a problem like this. I know several people here that do strictly or mostly m/m without incident.

Kip

Hello Shadowspale!

There are most definitely people who play M/M here, exclusively or otherwise, so don't feel you are alone.  The best way to find them is to go to the One on One / Solo Roleplays board and look through the topics for ones that have M/M in the title.  If you have ideas of your own you can post them on that board as well and by putting (M/M) in the title you'll be able to attract attention from those who like writing m/m themes.

You will find games geared for all sexual orientations here so definitely don't feel you are in the wrong place.

If you have any queries on finding them or any concerns, let us know.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

shadowspale

Hello Kip, nice to see you again. Hello Karma, nice to met you. Thank you both for responding.

Like I said I am new, I don't know my way around the boards. I just learned from one of my mentors that I could ad for a game. What I was meaning but obviously didn't make clear is that without asking for solo play the games that would not force me to play het with my character are not clearly marked or not that I have seen anyhow. I like group games and want to be a part of one but not if I am forced to play my guy het or get stuck playing only females.

Understand please, this is my first time playing on a forum; the way things are work here are a completely new experience and a rather daunting one. All the boards are like a maze to me and I am stumbling around trying to figure out where to go and what I am supposed to do. There is A LOT of information to take in. I am not meaning to come across as dense or whatever; I am just feeling a bit lost and in need of clear paths,

Ah, okay. ^_^ Sounds like you need to spend some quality time with your mentor, then.

shadowspale

She is most helpful but can't answer questions I don't know to ask lol

Trieste

Sometimes, people seem to learn the most by just socializing. I've mentioned things in passing in IM or PM that I took for granted, and received a "Oh wow, you can do that?" or "Oh, that's what that's for?" in response. The longer you're here, and the more you interact, the more you'll learn. It's why we instituted Mentors in the first place, and why we've constantly been working on improving the process. :)

shadowspale

Yeah, I see what you mean. I have learn a lot just by poking my nose into places; still so much to learn however.

Oniya

One thing that you might try with regard to group games is directly contacting the person running it (the GM) and say 'I'd like to play a homosexual male character.  Will that work with the game you're running?'  It's generally easier to avoid issues with a one on one game, simply because you have fewer other players' 'Offs' to deal with, but it is by no means impossible in a group game.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

shadowspale

Thank you, I hadn't thought to try that.

jouzinka

I think the first and foremost thing to remember about E is that here you are not forced to do anything you don't want to do. If you want to play only homosexual males I'm sure you'll find partners inclined to do so as well. It may take a little time before you find a suitable group game, but I don't think that's an unrealizable dream either. :-)

Welcome to E, by the way.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

shadowspale

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to me; it means a lot. I have been given many things to think about, alternate paths to follow and a show of support I honestly wasn't expecting. You all rock.

Shiri

As a random comment; I'll play an M/M solo with you! XD

shadowspale

That would be wonderful. Thank you.

OldSchoolGamer

Most GMs (including me) would be able to tweak a game's content so that your character would only be exposed to the types of sexual situations you like.  Myself, I just don't do M/M, but plenty of folks around here do.  Some players in games I've run get their own thread in the story "universe," essentially turning it into a one-on-one even though it's technically part of a larger adventure.

shadowspale

I guess its a matter of searching then. Just wish there was an easier way to do it; there are so many board and so many games. Its like looking for a needle in a haystack. Thanks for your input however; it lets me know that if I find a game I truly like; talking to the gm might get me a place that might not have otherwise existed.