searching for an rp partner(s)

Started by Sephora, April 24, 2008, 08:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephora

Alright, so this is my first real shot at this on this site, so lets hope this works out for the best!

Right now I am just itching to rp, so I will give a list of genre's I wouldn't mind rping.

Fantasy:
sorcery
genies
fae
anything else

modern:
friendXfriend
studentXteacher
bullyXvictim
boyfriendXgirlfriend
Boyfriends friendXgirlfriend
boyfriendXgirlfriends friend
just about anything else

1950's mob
medieval
mythology based:
Greek
Roman
Irish

VAMPIRE:

There is a very old vampire who, during the (insert random time period), was human(of course). During this time, or even for a short period afterwards, there was a girl he cared for. Before their story even had the possibility to start, it gets cut short as the girl dies. Fast forward a few hundred years or so to today's time and the vampire still lives. A billionaire? A hobo? Your choice. In any case, he comes across something he never thought he would see. A face identical to that of his dead love.
Currently being played with:

FANTASY:

The two had been closer than family when they were young. They spent every second of everyday with the other, they were the others whole world. Until he got sent to a different world. It should have been the classic story of childhood friends. Two little kids who lived next door to each other wind up growing up together. For a long while, that's how their story went. Then it all changed.

The two went off exploring one day, as children often do, into the woods surrounding their town. It was in those woods that they found the waterfall. It seemed innocent enough at first, a perfect play area for one little boy and one little girl, the two quickly lost track of time. Soon enough however, the sky grew dark, and the moon rose in place of the sun. That was when the waterfall's magic took affect. The water began to churn and shine with a foreign magic. The two children; quickly growing frightened, tried to swim out. Only the girl escaped in time. The boy was sucked down into the waterfall's lake, which had turned into a portal to a different world.

the boy was trapped in that world for the next fifteen or so years. Trapped in a land of magic, fantasy, and monsters. Forced to adapt himself into a world that would be considered the medieval ages back in the normal world. He was forced to faces dragons and demons, witches and wizards; all while knowing that he was away from his own world and the people he cared about.

On the fifteenth (Or so) anniversary of the boy's transportation, the portal opens once more. This time transporting the one who got left behind. The girl from before. Now decisions need to be made. Do they work together to try and go back to their world? Or has the boy become to accustomed to the world of magic? Will he help the girl adapt to this new world? Or have the differences that have arisen between the two childhood friends be too much to bare?
Currently being played with:

If anyone has any ideas that they would like to rp with me, just send it my way.

GrinningHound

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing some more of your ideas.

I could get into the vampire thing.  I'm seeing a vampire who has become tired of immortality, passion having left him long ago.  He occupies himself in lonely, lengthy pursuits; grand, sweeping artistic masterpieces and investigating timeless mysteries.  He has amassed a wealth of artifacts and other riches, but doesn't much care for opulence, rarely venturing out unless to feed, or when something piques his dulled curiosity.

Spotting his lost love would certainly get his dusty old heart beating for something again, and he sets his sights on winning her, although he is afraid of his own nature, and of losing her again.  He would be endlessly eccentric and unaccustomed to modern life and social custom, likely being a good deal of a creepy stalker and voyeur until his growing interest leads to courage.

Sephora

The character you just described sounds fantastic!  Does this mean you want to do the rp with me?  Or were you just putting in your two cents? ^_^

GrinningHound

Money doesn't grow on trees!  I better get something for that two cents. ;D

I would love to rp with you.

Sephora

Fantastic!  I will send you a pm to work out the details and all that jazz.

HairyHeretic

I actually had a story going along those lines.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=10426.0

You might enjoy a read of it.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sephora

wow...it really is similar!  I am surprised (and a little upset).  I had thought that I had come up with a slightly original idea!  :-[

Ah well,  I liked the rp you had though; it was really fun to read.  ;D

HairyHeretic

Why be upset? You'll have different characters, and presumably a different story, so go for it and enjoy the ride :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it .. it was just a pity it had to end so soon. My partner there was a very good writer.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Sephora

True, thank you.  ^_^

Oh I know!  That rp you had ended way to quickly in my opinion :P You two had made interesting characters.

In any case, if you ever feel like your up for an rp; tell me and we can give it a whirl.

HairyHeretic

Unfortunately my partner had to drop off the site due to work commitments, otherwise I think we'd have got a lot more done on that story.

What do you have in mind for a game?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Sephora

Well, a mob or gang based rp might be fun...as would a regular fantasy type rp.  Are there any particular genre's YOU like more than others?

If your really itching for it, I am always willing to do more than one vampire rp.  We could always do that. 

HairyHeretic

I seem to be rather partial to modern fantasy, so a vampire (or similar) one could work  :) Not sure about mob / gang .. what kind of plot would you have in mind there?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Sephora

Vampire works for me.  I actually have an idea that could twist the previous plot I have up there around if your interesting in hearing it.

As for the gang rp, I figure it would be the kind of classic, "One gang member pretends to enter the other gang to spy on them" kind of deal.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Sephora

What if rather than just be a simple look-a-like or rencarnation or whatever, the girl was a vampire slayer?  Or maybe simply knew one?  I can see an interesting rp play out if my character was dating a vampire slayer when our characters met.  Or if she had just gotten through vampire slayer training or something.  How's that sound to you?

HairyHeretic

Possible. Let me think on it, see what I can come up with.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Sephora

Updated

Hades69

You know, I don't get to do too many rps with a genie inside.  What side would you prefer playing, the human or the magic lover?
I stole your heart, love.

Sephora

Honestly?  I think I would prefer either.  I actually have a bit of an idea in mind.  Not an actual plot mind you, but a concept for it.

I wouldn't mind playing the human though.  Do you have any preference?

Hades69

Not at all.  Lay your plot idea on me.  Give it to me straight doc. :P ;D

Sephora

I was thinking of having the wishes always go wrong.  Like no matter what the person in question wishes for, the way they worded it or something is always used against them, or the way they receive their wish will cause them trouble in the future....does that make any sense?

Hades69

Sounds good to me.  Okay, so have you decided on what you'll play as?  If so, lets have some fun already.

Sephora

I figure I will play the human.  That alright with you?

You want to work some more stuff out over pm's?  Or want to just go with it and make up the thread now?

Hades69

lets work some kinks out through pms first, then we'll start.