News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Game Thread

Started by Galactic Druid, January 04, 2016, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Well at this point I think I'll be guessing Blythe Hammer/ID Card unless something about the last clue discourages me.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Remiel

I keep running over the possible combinations, and I keep coming back to Verasaille.  No one else even comes close given the clues Persephone has given us. 

Right now, I feel like Trophy / Numbers is the most likely combination left,  but it's possible that it could be Trophy / Bank Note or Folding Chair / Bank Note. 

Since Blythe guessed JM's Blender and Note, we'll cross that off the list.  The only other possibility--and it's a huge stretch--is BAMF's Bite and Tear / Comics, but then the last clue doesn't fit. 

Hopefully the final clue will cast some light in the darkness.

Remiel

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 31, 2016, 07:18:53 PM
Well at this point I think I'll be guessing Blythe Hammer/ID Card unless something about the last clue discourages me.

I think I see where you're going with that--"Assembly" as in, using the Hammer to assemble something?  It's a possibility, except that the Cafeteria should be our best, most telling clue, and I don't see what either the Hammer or the ID card has to do with the Cafeteria.  Maybe the ID card the lunch ladies wear?  I dunno.  It's an outside shot.

RedPhoenix

Students at universities use ID cards like debit cards a lot of places, at least the ones near here do, I figure those get used in the cafeteria.

The thing about cafeteria is that sephie had the option to pick Dining and didn't, so I'm thinking of something not food related that you'd find in a cafeteria.

Hammer is more of a I think all the weapon clues describe a blunt object bopping someone on the head and knocking them out dead.

Remiel

Hrmmm.  When you put it like that, it makes sense.   It's not what I would have done, but then again, I can't expect everybody to think like me.

persephone325

This clue is covering up Victim's Expression.

Victim's Occupation - Boss, Professional, Worker, Student, Unemployed, Retired

The FS has chosen Student.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Student ID Card? Yolo.

I am Guessing BLYTHE with the HAMMER and the ID CARD.

persephone325

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 31, 2016, 08:07:36 PM
Student ID Card? Yolo.

I am Guessing BLYTHE with the HAMMER and the ID CARD.

You are incorrect!

Yet to guess: Assassini, Madame Professor, BAMF, Strangefate, James Moriarty
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Galactic Druid

We are in the final sequence! If the murderer isn't uncovered by Tuesday, tomorrow evening at 8:30 central US time, they win!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

RedPhoenix

Galactic Druid

Blythe

Personally, I'm asking someone who has their guess left (Assassini, BAMF, Strangefate, or James Moriarty) to guess Madame with Bamboo Tip and Menu, if only to rule it out. I don't have a guess left, and I understand if no one wants to risk it, but I thought I'd throw it out there?

Strangefate

Alright.  It's been my top choice for awhile now and the new clues didn't really give me any sudden brilliant ideas to replace it, so... 

I suggest Madame Professor with the Bamboo Tip and a Menu
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

RedPhoenix

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Strangefate on February 01, 2016, 10:12:22 PM
Alright.  It's been my top choice for awhile now and the new clues didn't really give me any sudden brilliant ideas to replace it, so... 

I suggest Madame Professor with the Bamboo Tip and a Menu

Incorrect!

RedPhoenix

*kicks more things*

Owwwwwww

*sits down and sucks on toe*

Remiel

I'd bet money it's Verasaille.  I'm just at a complete loss as to what her clue cards could be.

Madame Professor

Okay, I'm going with my hunch...

I suspect Verasaille with the Trophy leaving behind the Banknote.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

RedPhoenix

Blythe

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Madame Professor on February 01, 2016, 10:22:27 PM
Okay, I'm going with my hunch...

I suspect Verasaille with the Trophy leaving behind the Banknote.

Incorrect!

Galactic Druid

It totally is, how did you know? I can't tell you that!