Warcraft: An Adventure Gone Wrong [MUL]

Started by Requiem, July 16, 2008, 10:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

So, I am having this idea for a smallish group roleplay set in Azeroth.

The basic premise: An alliance group has taken it upon themselves to reclaim part of Silverpine Forest (or a gorup of Horde characters trying to keep Silvanus' lands clear of usurpers), clearing the imposing Shadowfang Keep of its sorcerous master Arugal and hopefully freeing the cursed people of Pyrewood from his spell.  Not long after entering, however, Arugal lays a curse on the party, completely destroying their inhibitions and forcing them to continue as a slave to any impulse that crosses their minds.  It doesn't break the characters friendships or motivation, it just makes every stray thought very powerful and nearly impossible to suppress.

The Adventurers: The party would have a fairly basic setup, class-wise.  One tank (Warrior, Feral Druid, or Paladin), a healer (Priest, Restoration Druid, Holy Paladin, or Restoration Shaman), and three damage dealers (any of the nine classes, but geared and skilled for damage.  Just for completeness: Druid(Balance/Feral), Hunter, Mage, Paladin (Retribution), Priest (Shadow), Rogue, Shaman (Elemental/Enhancement), Warlock, Warrior (Arms/Fury)) and any of the races allowed by the class being played.  Would love to see a mix of sexes that are M/M/M/F/F or M/M/F/F/F so there is a lot of option for the characters available.  The characters would be around 20th level, and would have abilities that the toons of that level would have (I can supply all the needed information or links as needed).

Playstyle Basically we would play through Shadowfang Keep, trying to get to Arugal and defeat him.  If this works out well, we could certainly set up other adventures for our party.  If needed I am more than happy to apply a system to this, but I think freeform would work easily as long as the players take responsibility for their actions and don't try to go overboard. 

Interested Players:
Tank:
Healer:
DPS:
DPS:
DPS:

If you're interested, speak up with comments, advice, or suggenstions!  And remember....

What happens in Shadowfang Keep stays in Shadowfang Keep!

Requiem

Ack!  I hit post on accident.  The initial post is not quite done yet, so wait till I make a new response before you decide :)

Update: Alright, the bare bones are in place! Comment away if you're interested!

Lithos

Interesting premiese, but I refuse to touch anything alliance, ever. :p

I am very interested to see how this turns up though, might be interesting to do something horde oriented some time if there is demand for such games.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Rhapsody

As always, I'd be interested in this. 

Likewise, I'm tired of the Alliance though. :P
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Requiem

Hey, this could just as easily be done Horde side :)  In this case it could either be securing the claim to Silverpine in the name of the Banshee Queen, or even a group of "true horde" trying to usurp some of the Forsaken's power.  I would kind of prefer the first scenario, because I don't want to exclude anyone that would want to play a Forsaken or a Blood Elf.  On that hand, keep in mind what a Forsaken would mean for the scenario... that may or may not jive well with some players.

Going to update the original post to imply interested characters, and their position.

Lithos

For a horde game, I would be happy to offer services of Damiel, a blood knight at his best years. I was hesistant to try roleplaying a blood elf at first, but he became one of my dearest characters in WoW. Would be interesting to get to play him here as well. He has served as both shield and the healing light of those deserving, depending on what has been needed of him.

- Lithos
--

Le RandomBloke

Being the horde lover that I am I would love to join as a male troll rogue, Morkat. My favourite character ever *Tries to hump it's pixels*

I have lots of good memories in Shadowfang Keep aswell, so it would prove to be very interesting.

Aside from a troll rogue I am willing to play:

Blood Elf Ranger (Male)
Tauren/Night elf restoration druid (Male)
Female Draenei Priest either shadow or holy.

Basically because those were the characters I regularly roleplayed with in game and will have an easy time with to get into their skin.

*Goes mental and faints*

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Lithos

Hehheh, found even character picture, this was one of the more fun ZA runs too :p

http://lithos.takaovi.net/picnic.jpg
--

RogueJedi

This might be quite interesting.  I might offer up either of my two main characters... Misha, a blood elf female hunter, or possibly Aislynn, a blood elf female warlock.

Whichever works out best if I can manage it.

Rhapsody

I'm going to offer up Shaynar, my old tauren druid, either as a tank or a healer.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Requiem

Alright, here is what we got so far...

Lithos: Blood Elf Paladin (Tank or Heal)
RandomBloke: Troll Rogue (Best race for rogue evar!), Blood Elf (Ranger... hunter?), or Tauren Druid (Restoration)
RogueJedi: Blood Elf Hunter or Blood Elf Warlock
Rhapsody: Tauren Druid (Tank or Heal)

I can either play the fifth spot, or I can just try to GM the thing.  Fairly new, so I am not entirely sure how that would work out, but I am going to be reading more threads and checking it out.  If you guys want, I can also come up with some real simple combat/resolution things based off WoW without using the full d20 WoW system (I am honestly not a fan of it.  The setting information is amazing, but I think it was a really bad adaption of the system).  If we can not get a fifth player, I'll offer up either an Orc Shaman (Enhancement) or Troll Priest (If no one wants to heal :).

I have created several game systems in the past (none of the seeing print of course :) so I can pretty easily whip some basic rules down, class abilities relevant to say... 20th level.  Let me know what you guys are thinking!  If you want to try this freeform, I am all for it.  If you want me to whip up a system, I can have it done in a couple of days and we can thrill to combat with all the randomness a system can bring.

*Also!  If this game works out successfully, I would love to continue it on to their further adventures.  We can switch off the GM hat, or I can run the entire thing.  I am pretty well versed in Azeroth lore and its inhabitants.  Let me know what you're thinking!

Lithos

I am very curious about this and want to play, which ever way we end up handling things. I guess it depends on wether we will orient on character interaction or combat. With good bit of combat, I think that some very basic system would at least help keep GM keep track of things, and save players from some confusion as well. How is everyone feeling about content? what should we concentrate on?

I suppose we need to talk about those things before worrying about system much.
--

Requiem

Totally.

I am all for charcter driven stories, and just doing what seems most applicable/reasonable given circumstances.  I have also seen people disagree and get into major arguments over how they think things should happen.  I guess that is the classic freeform vs. system thing.  If we do use a system, it will be fairly simple.  Very broad areas with simple advancement and power rules.  I happy to go either way though.

Le RandomBloke

I hardly mind how you want to do it personally.

Trolls ARE the best rogues and I am doing my best to find a picture of his awesomeness, heh.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Requiem

Quote from: RandomBloke on July 18, 2008, 01:38:17 PM
I hardly mind how you want to do it personally.

Trolls ARE the best rogues and I am doing my best to find a picture of his awesomeness, heh.

I love my troll sword rogue.  Fastest attacks in the game... just makes me giggle to have Slice n Dice, Blade Fury, and Beserking active.

DreadD

Now, I must confess I don't know WoW very well, but the setup seems kind of interesting.  I'm a touch... Hesitant to try to jump in and fill a proper character spot though.  As I believe I saw a Warlock, would running A Succubus as someone's familiar or something be out of the question?  >_>  I'd be a bit more comfortable filling in a bit part than jumping into an only semi-known setting half prepared.

Requiem

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as the warlock player was cool with it.  It might require you to switch between an imp or a succubus, given that the lock would be level 20.

Lithos

Imp if tank group has any say in the matter! :p
--

Requiem

So I looked over our group, and I just can't resist...

[4: Looking for Group]: Requiem - LF1M DPS for SFK, PST

Le RandomBloke

[4: LFG] [Morkat]: Nub u alredi haf me I'm dps x5

to make it more genuine.

Rhapsody

Quote from: RandomBloke on July 19, 2008, 05:59:35 PM
[4: LFG] [Morkat]: Nub u alredi haf me I'm dps x5

to make it more genuine.

... I think I love you.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Requiem

Wait, we both messed up.

[2:Trade] Requiem: lfdps 4 sfk got tank and healz g2g

DreadD

Requiem

It's basically how people find more players in Warcraft, over the Looking For Group channel.  Only, LFG isn't global unless you're in the Looking For Group channel, so people tend to spam the Trade channel which is active in all the major cities to find more people.

DreadD

I see, I guess I follow that.  How closely are we expected to follow WoW, er...  Stat rules?  I mean, I guess I could flip flop between characters if it was strictly required...  *Shrug*