Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Ember Star

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 02, 2014, 03:47:00 PM
I haven't made her personality yet since I'm still working on family history. Considering that Jabonski is a Polish surname, my character is going to have a Polish background before they eventually immigrate over to the United States. That's all I really have right now.
Sent you a PM on the matter ^_^

If anybody else has any desire for connection, be it family or friendship, drop me a note. Minnora is third year, part French, talented in song and music, and terribly shy and soft spoken. I haven't got a history or house for her yet. But here's her look.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Amelita

Quote from: Ember Star on April 02, 2014, 04:45:02 PM
Sent you a PM on the matter ^_^

If anybody else has any desire for connection, be it family or friendship, drop me a note. Minnora is third year, part French, talented in song and music, and terribly shy and soft spoken. I haven't got a history or house for her yet. But here's her look.

hah! sounds like she'd get along with my part french 3rd year artistically talented twins xD

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Ember Star

Quote from: Amelita on April 02, 2014, 04:50:50 PM
hah! sounds like she'd get along with my part french 3rd year artistically talented twins xD
Likely, yes. Her mother is actually from France so Minnora actually speaks French and has been over there a couple of times. Unlike her mother (whose family owns a small but very well off wizarding fashion company) though, Minnora is not a social light.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Kokaine

Just a general question: Full on muggleborn children... how do they get enrolled into Salem?

I assume it's similar to Hogwarts where someone shows up in person?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aiden

Owls arrive, once magic is "detected" the Salem dispatched air force make their delivery. (for JWI)

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Some sheets have been listed in the accepted characters thread. Players should be hearing from GMs sometime today regarding the sheets that have been submitted. Please bear with us while we compile our notes and get replies out. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Zealously Jaded

Flower

Please ignore my first pm. I forgot to enter information in a field. The second is the second draft for your review. Thanks a dozen.

Bloodied Porcelain

We have some stunning characters already accepted, and more being submitted all the time! I can't wait to get the ball rolling!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

undisclosedtoyou

Wooohooooo I'm done writing up my character!  It's been submitted, so I'm crossing my fingers!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

Tasha is done! *throws confetti and blows on an obnoxious noisemaker*

My O/Os

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Amelita

Yay! I will read them today, but I don't know if BP and Aiden will be around much until tomorrow. But! Everybody who have sent in sheets should get replies soon ;D

Caela

Quote from: Amelita on April 06, 2014, 04:08:31 AM
Yay! I will read them today, but I don't know if BP and Aiden will be around much until tomorrow. But! Everybody who have sent in sheets should get replies soon ;D

lol...I don't envy you guys reading all the sheets you've gotten! Especially when you factor in getting some characters more than once as people make, asked for, tweaks!

Amelita

Greytrail

And we all appreciate the hard work, oh GMly triad!

Amelita

Please notice, we have updated the information on what to include in the FAMILY section when creating a Pureblooded character.
We announced this specific information at some point but I forgot to add it to the sheet templates... Bad Ame ::)

The FAMILY section now reads:

Family: (Any important relatives your character has. Include the following: Name, age, relation to character, blood status, occupation and nationality.
Applying for a pureblood? We require a small bit of info on parents, grandparents and great-grandparents of the character, as well as any siblings and/or truly relevant family members. That means the above bullet points of info, plus a couple of lines on each person.)

Kokaine

BTW - If anyone was interested in playing a pureblood female first year, my 5th year Elijah has a younger sister and I wouldn't mind at all if someone wanted to play her (I enjoy playing with family dynamics and such). The immediate family is pretty much set but the details specific to her are open for the most part. Elijah is a protective older brother but how well they get along or don't is open for now.

Just give me a poke if you're interested and we can plot :)

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

If anyone has pureblood (preferably blood elitist) family they need an elder sister for, I'm currently working on a 7th year Sorority President (NPC) I'm using the pureblood elitist idea for and am willing to put her in someone elses tree if you like. If not, I'll just drop her in the Harper tree.

Ember Star

I'll get Minnora sent in , hopefully this week. The weekend didnt go as planned so I didnt get to finish her

Amelita

Quote from: Aiden on April 07, 2014, 01:27:49 AM
When making a native american character please take into consideration what tribe they hail from.

A list of the largest tribes in the US.

Navajo    308,013
Cherokee    285,476
Sioux            131,048
Chippewa    115,859
Choctaw    88,913
Apache    64,869
Pueblo    59,337
Iroquois    48,365
Creek             44,085
Blackfeet    23,583

Native American's will be unable to make pureblood characters in the traditional sense, the core families would understand.

Google the tribe you plan on using for your character and familiarize yourself with their naming conventions, customs, beliefs, etc etc and do your best to integrate that info into your sheets. Thanks.

Ember Star

Yeah, I have both Creek and Cherokee in my background (mine personally, not my character's). I was considering putting some in Fiona's background, but several generations back to the point that she (like me) wouldnt have much (if any) connection to the relation. However, she's on unsure pause until I finish Minnora

Amelita

I look forward to seeing what you're cooking up, Ember :)