(Risus) The Generic Fantasy Campaign

Started by RubySlippers, May 22, 2007, 10:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I ran this awhile ago on table top for a pick-up game and kind of grew. Its uses the core Risus rules (free online) and you get 10 Dice for Cliche's. Now you know all those fantasy role-playing games online, computer and well the bad fantasy movies of the 1980's- there backkkkkkkk! lol

Rules are simple you must have a race cliche' a list will be provided if we get enough players and you can make one up if one of them doesn't fit. And you can get strange I had one player debute the Mageoman (a magically device imbued cyborg race created from a very odd gnomish fellow Mageo with its own class the gadgetmage), several races of human like the Hulking Northman or the Amazoness, Winged Fairy, Ground Fairy, Shapechanger, Imp, Intelligent Animal or the like. That must have 3 or 4 dice.

Then a thing you do to make a living adventuring, class.

Then something else.

I allow a HOOK for one extra die and require a pargraph or two for a background for another one die.

The game takes place in THE CITY and OUTSIDE THE CITY, hell I never intended this thing to go four years strong I never fleshed out a game world per se.

Will be adult though so races and classes may vary from the original game.

Anyone interested, I'd three commited players who should be into a fun game to play and no there will be no extreme rape or violence over the normal fantasy level- so you can rape a wench just nothing more than riding her silly.

RubySlippers

The City needs intrepid adventurers or those too dumb to get any real work- both will do.

Note the world is fleshed out well just I have just The City and then Outside the City but there are various areas some well known home to the various races that favor living Outside the City (Elven Folk) and places of dread and adventure.

This did go on for several years The City has many businesses and such I have a full wirebound notebook of fleshed out locations and several folders of campaign information for adventuring locations and races. From the Flying Eye (a weak critter that is a big eye with bat wings the has strange powers) to a named Ancient Dragon Brimstone who has so many liches' only the mightest heroes could dare take him ruling his own empire, Brimstone.

So come and seek glory and riches!

Ryvaken

What exactly are the Risus rules?

Edit: OK, nevermind, I found them on my own. I'm interested, though lord only knows why. I have the following ideas.

Racial dice pool: Winged Faerie (4). A fairy-derivative I invented over the course of several years that call themselves the Feryresr. Six inches tall on average with six gossamer wings, infrared-sensitive eyes, an unusual brain structure not worth getting into, and a predatory lifestyle that uses pack hunting tactics with longspears and bows to take down prey quickly. They're a tribal culture that trades with humanoid races for grains, fruits, and worked metals; they themselves are talented with woodcarving, magecraft and of course hunting and the use of animal products such as fur, hide, bone, and meat.

Professional dice pools: Transmogrificationalist (3). I made this word up. Basically, a mage who specilizes in transformation magic, particularly shapechanging but also more utilitarian changes.

Hunter (30). Animal psychology, tracking, skill with the bow and the spear.

I'm not sure what you mean by a HOOK so I'm going to stop here.
In creativity, meaning.