StarRunner -- Defend your home using mechs! [Freeform]

Started by MyttraDW, March 19, 2024, 06:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyttraDW

Since the founding of the Solar Union, humanity had spread across the stars – colonizing planets, learning, growing, creating. The creation of nanogate drives caused a massive expansion through the galaxy. Eventually, a massive undertaking was executed by humanity and their alien allies to explore the unknown. A massive ark was crafted to take brave “frontiersmen” to another galaxy by utilizing the largest nano-jumpdrive ever created. However, an apparent accident caused the ark to disappear and become lost with all hands. However, despite the loss in communication, the ark was not destroyed. It reached its destination in an instant, with the Frontiersmen quickly enough setting out to settle nearby systems.

That was long ago. Nowadays, Earth is but a legend told to children by their grandparents. What was once the frontier has expanded and become the “inner sphere”, with the frontier still existing – as ever – at the periphery. The tri-systerms, at the heart of the inner sphere, is considered their original home

Unfortunately, over time, conflicts have occured. A race of massive, hivemind aliens, named the Reus have been pushing against the edges of the frontier for many years, attacking without reason and destroying entire colonies. The Ascended, beings who consider themselves greater than all other forms of life, intend to wipe out humanity and their allies.There was a great necessity for defenders, but even beyond the TSAF, there was need for something greater.

Eventually, the Rider program was initiated. Promising recruits would be handpicked by some of the greatest living veterans and subjected to some of the harshest, most difficult training humanely possible. Those who didn’t wash out would be grafted with a Neurolink to an advanced AI made with a brainscan of the recruit and advanced technology found scattered around the settled systems. These Nanosouls are more powerful than any other civilian or military AI. Their sole job is to learn and grow with their Rider.

Once a Rider recruit is linked with their Soul, the true training begins. They are given a Frame – a flight-capable, combat rated powered pilot armor designed to be the best defense while provding grand offensive capabilities – and an Arsenal, which are the most powerful pieces of technology ever created by humanity and their allies. An arsenal is created specifically for the rider as much as their soul and frame. Any combination of projectile weapons, melee options, hardpoints, and even advanced nanomagic may be mounted on a frame or arsenal. The soul offers advanced telemetry and data on the battlefield, while being able to pilot an arsenal in absence of the pilot.

In terms of a technology baseline, there is space travel and jumpdrives that are able to traverse from one system another before needing a quick recharge -- this warp technology is only available on a large scale. Many weapons are still kinetic projectiles, with a smattering of plasma and energy options. The frames and arsenals are some of the most advanced tech created in recent times, with both utilizing hands and hardpoints. A strange phenomena known as "Nanomagic" allows certain people the ability to essentially cast spells, even from within a frame. A rider's nanosoul is able to pilot the arsenal without the pilot's direct intervention, though the only time they will take control of an arsenal is when the pilot is out of the cockpit within their frame, or if the pilot is unconscious -- at which point their main directive is to save their pilot and extract. Frames are capable of short flights in-atmosphere, whereas only arsenals can jump or hover at most.

In the RP, can choose to be human or you can create a humanoid (two arms, two legs) alien race to be. The plot of the RP will have us begin as recruits, who are thrust into a real combat situation during their first practice sortie with their arsenal and blade. After that, they will be inducted onto the ship 'StarRunner' and from there...

OOC will be hosted on Discord

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MyttraDW

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MyttraDW

Quote from: AndyZ on March 19, 2024, 07:24:28 PMStill going to keep an eye on it.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

MyttraDW

First post edited for clarity as of 9:10pm Mountain Time

Gardsorm

It's a little late for me to look through everything right now, but I'll give it a thorough look tomorrow when I'm back home in the afternoon. ^^

MyttraDW

Quote from: Revelation on March 20, 2024, 02:56:41 PMSure, gonna drop a note of interest!
Glad to have you!

Added to the first post for clarity: In terms of a technology baseline, there is space travel and jumpdrives that are able to traverse from one system another before needing a quick recharge -- this warp technology is only available on a large scale. Many weapons are still kinetic projectiles, with a smattering of plasma and energy options. The frames and arsenals are some of the most advanced tech created in recent times, with both utilizing hands and hardpoints. A strange phenomena known as "Nanomagic" allows certain people the ability to essentially cast spells, even from within a frame. A rider's nanosoul is able to pilot the arsenal without the pilot's direct intervention, though the only time they will take control of an arsenal is when the pilot is out of the cockpit within their frame, or if the pilot is unconscious -- at which point their main directive is to save their pilot and extract. Frames are capable of short flights in-atmosphere, whereas only arsenals can jump or hover at most.

Grizzly

Planting my flag of interest here as well.

Maybe I can bring back Zane.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Avernale

I'm considering bringing back my character, as well, though I might change things up a bit for this "Nanomagic" stuff.

MyttraDW

Quote from: Avernale on March 20, 2024, 10:24:56 PMI'm considering bringing back my character, as well, though I might change things up a bit for this "Nanomagic" stuff.
So I realize I didn't actually explain Nanomagic (I think). It's essentially some sort of nanobot-based psychic magic power thing that some children are born with that allows them to evoke effects like fireball, chain lightning... Yeah

Avernale

Quote from: MyttraDW on March 20, 2024, 10:30:32 PMSo I realize I didn't actually explain Nanomagic (I think). It's essentially some sort of nanobot-based psychic magic power thing that some children are born with that allows them to evoke effects like fireball, chain lightning... Yeah
My current conception of my character's magic involves spell circles that manipulate momentum (and may include restraining and flash-stepping) and throwing potions around like grenades.  I'm open to more traditional magic styles, of course.

Grizzly

Spells and Mecha is an odd combination, but not a deal breaker.  How powerful would the 'magic' be against an Arsenal?  Would the Arsenal just shrug off the fireball?

MyttraDW

Quote from: Grizzly on March 21, 2024, 12:12:34 AMSpells and Mecha is an odd combination, but not a deal breaker.  How powerful would the 'magic' be against an Arsenal?  Would the Arsenal just shrug off the fireball?
Maybe it's a bad idea...

The thought was that by using amplifiers within your frame is the only way to be able to affect the more powerful enemies. Which could end up being an arsenal

MetroFallout

Metraxa

Tentatively interested. I'll need to see if I can come up with a good idea for a character

Gardsorm

As much as I wouldn't mind bringing my old char back for this, I think I'm going to go with making someone new for the game. There's some slight difference to the setting that oughta allow me to pursue a different angle for entertainment potential. 

MyttraDW

Mytty's Character

Pilot

Name: Tera Velrunt
Rider Classification: Support-Ranger (Medic Specialization)
History (Optional): Tera grew up on a peaceful farming colony far in the frontier, relatively unaware of the dangers that lie in the stars above. For many years there was no trouble... until the day that her home was attacked. With Reus on one side, destroying everything in their path, Tera was forced to watch as everyone she knew was siphoned and left to die. She had been training as a nurse alongside her mother, but... there was nothing she could do beyond pick up a rifle and fight back. If it hadn't been for a Rider group, she too would have died. She showed remarkable spirit, and was recruited even with the limited combat experience she held.

It was tough, but Tera fought through it. She often spent her free hours patching up those who had become her team in the dorms after training, chatting with them and getting to know them. And now, it's about to all pay off... she is about to truly become a Rider...

SOUL

Name: Canis
Personality: Canis is a caring, if somewhat blunt, individual. His first priority is always keeping his Rider, Tera, safe. But secondary to that is helping her keep track of her team -- where they are, what they are doing, and most importantly their status. He receives data from the other SOULs in their unit, allowing him and Tera to coordinate with the team and their handler to work together cohesively.

FRAME

Like her Arsenal, Tera's FRAME is built to withstand heavy fire, allowing her to get to an ally in need and pull them to safety. Her joint actuators are fortified to grant her exceptionally increased strength. Lightly armed, she uses a relatively standard ARM-072 Rifle as her weapon on foot. Most of her FRAME's power is built into the shield projector and repair beam.
Arsenal

Final Mercy is the name of Tera's Arsenal, and unlike her FRAME, it is built to wade in and cause massive damage. Heavily armored with plenty of hardpoint weaponry built into that bulky form, its greatest weapon is its massive H4-RD Shotgun, and its fists. Usually, Tera's MO is to allow Canis control of the Arsenal while she supports him and her team using her FRAME's shielding and repair capabilities.

Rashol

Gardsorm

PILOT

Player Name: Gardsorm
Character Name: Alvaris G. Vandal
Species: Human
Homeworld: Paradigm-3
Appearance Details:  Alvaris is a young man who prefers to keep a very clean and meticulous appearance. Though he possesses purple hair and green eyes, he's far and away someone who doesn't like to fool around or waste his time unnecessarily.  Much of the time he prefers to wear the school uniform, professional black suits, or anything dressy and aesthetically pleasing. His hair is almost always neatly arranged, although sometimes it will come loose and hang over his right eye under stressful situations.

Physically he's quite average and isn't very physically gifted outwardly. There is some genetic modification within him, but it isn't enough to endow him with the body of an adonis, and to him this is perfectly acceptable. He's blessed where it counts and this is all that matters to him. His body lacks any sort of scarring or physical blemish, leasing many to believe he isn't the sort of person to get his hands dirty. Whether it's true or not, he's in no hurry to prove.
Extra: Alvaris wields a pair of personally modified handguns with butterfly motifs, one black and one white.

Personality and History:

Personality: Alvaris is fairly reclusive and usually keeps to himself, first and foremost. By all accounts, many see him as a source of anti-fun, as even when he goes to parties, he'll rarely mingle and simply enjoy food and drinks. He isn't in a hurry to give the higher-ups reason to doubt him, his skills, or his focus, but it isn't difficult for his fellow students to assume the opposite. He  looks out for his allies on the battlefield, but that's usually where his cooperation ends as he isn't interested in having anyone else drag him down. His abrasive personality often makes it difficult for most to get along with him, and it isn't known if he has anyone who can get closer to him than arm's length.

His private life is a complete mystery for anyone who knows him, as he seems to go to great lengths to ensure no one learns more about him than necessary to ensure their cooperation. As a result, there are many strange rumors that make the rounds behind his back, such as being emotionally dead, being incapable of having anything resembling fun, a genetically engineered human gone wrong, some sort of synthetic lifeform, and even a spy for the Ascended. He neither confirms nor denies any of this, whether it be by choice or personal amusement no one knows. However, he's content to accept that his instructors and supervisors know which of these rumors could he real and which are false.

History: The world of Paradigm-3 is considered a quiet but heavily advanced planetary civilization that humanity and its allies had built upon when they arrived there long ago. Much of the natural beauty was slowly dying around the world due to the presence of the Ascended, but once the new settlers arrived and began to colonize the seemingly abandoned world, things slowly changed. Surviving nature was reinforced by high science and technology, with synthetic flora and fauna integrating among the wildlife to further help it. What was once a silent planet had been saved, but this was merely one hurdle among many.

Surviving against the Ascended was easy, but living with each other on the world could become tricky at times. Average citizenry lived comfortably in expansive cities, but the greatest proportions of power went to those had control over impressive industrial and military complexes. Smaller groups were often cannibalized by bigger ones for profit and expansion, but not all had the betterment of their people in mind. Of the several largest groups, Grimms Heavy Industries is considered the most 'in-tune' with the common citizen even if it isn't the most powerful, equally using scientific application for ways of life as well as self-defense, and it is this corporate giant that Alvaris G. Vandal works for.

Early in life, Alvaris survived an attack by the Ascended within his home city, although he was unable to defend himself due to going catatonic during the ordeal. Though he was hospitalized for a month, he showed no recovery throughout his time until he seemed to regain cognitive function toward the end of his stay. His survival of the Ascended attack and his unusual mental state made him an ideal candidate to be studied and supported by Grimms Heavy Industries, testing various combat-related creations.  Furthermore, his profile had been boosted to the TSAF as his specifications fit the criteria for upcoming pilots.

Being shipped to a proper facility allowed Alvaris to be tested to his limits, showing remarkable adaptability and resilience in the face of adverse conditions despite the demanding and rigorous treatments of its upcoming pilots. In time, Alvaris earned his way into being grafted with a neurolink, allowing him to partner up with a Nanosoul by the name of Lemurea. In addition, his Arsenal was built by developers from Grimms Heavy Industries to help collect realistic combat data instead of simply simulated information. To better control his Arsenal, Alvaris went to great lengths to design a Frame that both appealed to him and helped him gain maximum control over his Arsenal.

All that remained now, was to graduate, and return home to finish his business with Grimms Heavy Industries... Preferably before the world devolved into a corporate battlegroubd for control over the planet and its resources, even in the face of danger from the Ascended and other enemy alien races in the galaxy.

=====

SOUL
Soul Name: Lemurea
Soul Gender: Female
Soul Personality: Lemurea might be considered unusual for a Soul. Lacking in physical design compared to other Souls, she acts more like a sentient thought-wave pattern who can disengage from Alvaris to link up with his Arsenal. It is unknown how long she's been around, as she claims to have looked over Alvaris for longer than he's been at the academy, but the academy's intervention allowed her to superimpose herself over the neurolink and act in the real world to communicate with him and others easier. Her personality comes off as very inquisitive and curious about the world outside of Paradigm-3, eager to see what life beyond their home world is like.

=====

FRAME

Description: Alvaris' has a latent desire for nimble movement, comfort, and most of all appealing designs. To this end his Frame was designed to almost he akin to stylized ballistic clothing with choice armoring over the hands and helmet. Under the cloth, an advanced nanoweave is placed to further enhance defensive power without sacrificing movement, as well as facilitate the user's nanomagical proficiency. The end result is a Frame that feels as comfortable as clothes with great personal defense, although it pales in comparison to Frames utilizing true armor. In addition the feet of the Frame are equipped with antigrav jumpjets for momentary, slow flight, although they cannot run longer than five seconds under gravity.

Armament: The Frame isn't very armed by nature, instead designed to use the same paired handguns Alvaris does, except now capable of emitting quick blasts of electricity in addition to standard bullets. With a quick charge, the guns can also fire a singular kinetic shot with greater penetrating power when aided by Alvaris' electrical nanomagic, although this cannot be done consecutively. For personal defense, nanomagic can weave an electric barrier that can disintegrate solid armaments and deflect energy ones, although it cannot take much punishment. Finally, the barrier can be prematurely detonated to stun surrounding enemies or disable machines temporarily.

=====

ARSENAL

Name: Bone Vulture
Body Type: Middleweight
Specialty: High-Mobility Transformable Arsenal
Equipment: Electronic Warfare Suite, provides real-time support and counteraction against adverse combat situations and opposing ECM; Reinforced Frame Insulation, resists self-inflicted and opposing electric attacks; (Redshift Protocol, ???)
Armament (Fixed): 2 x Vulcan Cannon, mounted on main body; 2 x 7-tube Multilauncher, mounted on shoulders, four shots per tube; 2 x Beam Oscillator, mounted on arms;
Armament (Optional): 1 x GHI-BS107 “Geist” Beam Machinegun, 90 charges per cell, 4 spare cells mounted on rear-waist storage points;

Design Explanation: The Bone Vulture is a heavily experimental Arsenal design created in collaboration with the TSAF and Grimms Heavy Industries, built from combat data amassed by Alvaris back on Paradigm-3 and fine-tuned to his experiences in training with the TSAF. The Bone Vulture is meant to be the forerunner unit to future Arsenal designs to be made back on Paradigm-3, and takes on an unusual transformational design to enhance mobility temporarily on the battlefield and boost its supportive capabilities.

As Alvaris propensity for Nanomagical applications takes on an electric motor, the frame of the design was meant to be heavily reinforced to resist both his own electric manifestations and those of external ones. The unit leans heavily into a supporting role by capitalizing on electronic warfare, boosting signal recognition and target acquisition for allies, as well as radar visibility even in the poorest of conditions. Conversely, it can also adversely affect opponents visual, lock-on, and radar capabilities by using various means of electronic disturbance, means that make battling against the Ascended much easier. Against the Reus, the Bone Vulture's various armaments and use of nanomagic can help subjugate threats, but the machine loses some effectiveness against biological foes compared to synthetic and mechanical ones.

The Bone Vulture, despite being a supportive Arsenal, is quite armed for its role, leading more curious people to wonder if perhaps there wasn't something more to the Arsenal than one is allowed to observe. Armed with fire-linked Vulcan cannons on the main body, a total of 14 multilaunchers to fire rockets, missiles, and other explosive ordinance, and a pair of oscillator blades in the forearms for close-combat, capable of variable energy outputs for different threats. For hand-carried armaments, the Bone Vulture utilizes a Beam Machinegun for close to mid-range combat, with a select-fire style between full-auto and three-round burst to make more precise shots.

Beyond all of this, however, the Bone Vulture's greatest secret lies deeply rooted in its programming, something both Alvaris and his Soul Lemurea are aware of, and keep under wraps as much as possible: the Redshift Protocol.

Grizzly

Character in Progress
Character Name: Raleigh Hawke / Rally Hawke
Rider Classification: Striker
Appearance:

History:

Raleigh comes from a long line of performers.  His parents and grand-parents were singers and actors and Raleigh and his sister needed little encouragement from them to carry on the family business.  Given his vocal range, talent for mimicry, and an uncanny ability to memorize complex dance choreography, it was only natural that he should become a famous singer, only he didn't.  While his older sister found fame as part of a girl group, Raleighs attempts at making a name for himself were middling at best.  The boy band that he was part of recorded a couple of albums before disbanding.  It was a little disappointing for someone of his talent.  

Raleigh began working with his sisters group, designing the choreography that they would perform and playing in the band.  Before one performance, a heated argument backstage caused a couple of the members to quit.  Raleigh, not wanting his sister to cancel the show, stepped up.  He already knew all of the songs and dance routines, and used his nano-magic to alter his appearance enough to pass as female, and Rally was born.  It turned out that this was the break that he needed.  Performing with his sister opened up new opportunities, such as small acting roles in video programs.  As talented as Raleigh was, it was as Rally that he was most popular.

The turning point in his life came during a fan meet and greet after a performance.  He was signing autographs as Rally when he started talking to some pilots who had been fighting the Reus.  It occurred to Raleigh that he was sitting there in a dress and makeup while these others were fighting for the survival of the galaxy.  He felt inadequate, and wondered if he was wasting his time. 

His doubts turned into a desire to do something more meaningful with his life, and he expressed a desire to join the Academy and learn to be a pilot.  Raleighs family were not thrilled that their son had decided to risk his life in a field that he had no experience with but he persevered.  His abilities were good enough to warrant a look by the faculty and the Academy were delighted to have a celebrity on their campus.  Rally image was used on recruitment posters and in vid advertisements.  

Raleigh comes across as a fairly serious and very disciplined individual.  While he does have a more personable side, it is often buried under his desire to prove himself and coupled with a fear that should he let himself relax, things might fall apart.

Soul
Name:
Personality:

Frame:

Arsenal:

Metraxa

Pilot

Name: Isaac Thorton
History: Isaac was the second son of a merchant family near the Core systems. His ancestors had helped with developing industry after arriving in their new galaxy, and also contributing to later colonization efforts, and his family were part of a cadet branch of that group who were more involved in active commerce. With his brother in line to inherit the family business, it was unclear what role Isaac would play and he tried out various things as he was growing up to see where he fit.

Then without warning he was on a planet where the Reus attacked. He barely managed to survive thanks to the brave efforts of the local militia, and in the aftermath he knew what his next step should be. Thanks to the influence of his family he was able to join the Rider program, where he hopes to fight those who threaten humanity while also bringing honor to his family name. 

Soul

Name: Lemris
Personality: Lemris is by-the-books, focused on keeping her pilot on track and on objective when out on a mission. Which is not to say that she is unable to crack a joke, but for the most part she is serious and focused on the task at hand. She refuses to allow her pilot to operate at anything less than their best.

Frame

Isaac's frame is focused around light weight and high mobility, allowing him to move for long periods of time as well as navigate rough terrain. Though it is not heavily equipped with weaponry, it nonetheless allows him to apply speed into a combat advantage to overwhelm the enemy through rapid attacks. It is equipped with maneuvering thrusters, a nanolaminate SMG, and explosives.

Arsenal

Reaver is a close range combat Frame, specialized around speed and striking power. It wields a composite blade which can shred through enemy armor. Should it be disarmed it also has a shoulder mounted minigun for suppressive fire upon the enemy

MetroFallout

WIP

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
  • Metro's Character
Pilot
Name: Anders May
Rider Classification: Various, typically Ranger
History (Optional): 
An Arsenal Rider born from an era before the Ark Accident, Anders May was a part of a private venture that sent a CryoGen ship, the Unity Return, the “long way” to where the Ark was stipulated to have gone after the accident. Utilizing a safer but significantly slower FTL method, Anders May cycled in and out of cryosleep until about a year ago when the Unity Return got to within scout-ship distance of the nearest planet of the Tri-System. From there, the Unity Return made preparations to send a scouting party with a communications beacon onboard to try and see if there were any traces of the original Ark colonists.
While the scout ship Revere made planetfall just fine, the Tri-System colonists viewed those aboard the Revere with equal parts suspicion and fascination. Both of which were warranted as the flightlogs revealed that they had managed to snag a recording of encrypted communications as a part of their routine data logging while they approached the planet from the system limits. Initially, the colonists were deliberating on how to deal with the Revere and its crew based on how they managed to get the encrypted communications (that they had then cracked and found out about the incoming probing attacks that were meant to be a vanguard for the planetary invasion.
During the preparation for planetary defense, Anders volunteered himself, his A.I assistant, his pilot exoskeleton and his mech along with any and all equipment packs that he had for it for the cause of defending the planet from invasion, serving admirably to ensure that the planet would be able to fight off the invasion as best as he could do. Now while he waits for the Unity Return to confirm the existence and the relative technical success of the expedition of the Ark Incident to Earth, he currently serves the Tri-System as a mercenary whose contract is upheld by the Administration and spends his time at the Academy while he waits for his mech to be repaired and retrofitted to fit Tri-System logistics Arsenal standards after his last deployment involved remaining just a little too close to the edge of a 400kt nuke’s blast radius while retreating
SOUL
Name: Huxley
Personality:
Formerly an A.I made on Earth and brought along on the Unity Return’s voyage as one of the myriad of A.I that taken along to assist in the journey, Huxley received an upgrade to be Soul-Grade after the nuke deployment scorched the mech that she was assisting Anders with piloting.
Serious about any job at hand, Huxley is the type who would prioritize mission objectives over most things outside of survival and is very results-oriented. The only thing she cares about beyond self/operator preservation and mission mission objectives is protecting civilians
FRAME:
Arsenal:
WIP Draft 1
“Nine Lives”
Power output:
3.48 MW Nominal (1.73 MW needed for essential systems)
Speeds:
110 km/h foot speed (clean)
401 km/h boost speed (clean)
508 km/h flight speed (clean)
110 km/h foot speed (S-Pack)
380 km/h boost speed (S-Pack)
484 km/h flight speed (S-Pack)
110 km/h foot speed (B-Pack)
376 km/h boost speed (B-Pack)
481 km/h flight speed (B-Pack)
110 km/h foot speed (D-Pack)
376 km/h boost speed (D-Pack)
481 km/h flight speed (D-Pack)
110 km/h foot speed (A-Pack)
375 km/h boost speed (A-Pack)
481 km/h flight speed (A-Pack)
Armaments: 
Clean(default):
x2 0.5 MW beam daggers holstered in shoulders, doubles as short-ranged rapid-fire beam guns when holstered for close-in work
x2 folding Nanomagic Edge folding knives holstered in shoulders
Skirmish Pack:
x2  30x173mm three-barrel gatlings with 800 rounds capacity each, selectable ROF from 600-900-1200 rpm
x1 1.1 MW Pilebunker (runs on a capacitor to power the rams)
x1 1.9 MW variable output long-ranged beam rifle with 5 capacitor banks (1 shot at maximum power before needing recharge for all 5 banks, 1 shot per capacitor bank at normal power output)
Ballistic Pack:
x2 launch rails for Stratégique à Longue Portée with dial-a-yield warhead (50-100-200-400 kt, thermonuclear weapon, yield is adjustable by pilot from cockpit before firing)
x1 1.9 MW variable output long-ranged beam rifle with 5 capacitor banks (1 shot at maximum power before needing recharge for all 5 banks, 1 shot per capacitor bank at normal power output)
Drone Pack:
x12 0.27 MW drones
x1 Beam Lance 
x1 2.4 MW variable output long-ranged beam rifle with 5 capacitor banks (1 shot at maximum power before needing recharge for all 5 banks, 1 shot per capacitor bank at normal power output)
Artillery Pack:
x2 5.0 MW beam cannons (runs on a capacitor system)
[/font][/size][/color]

Avernale

I suppose I could post my WIP, too. The pilot is mostly unchanged from the previous game, aside from the last couple of paragraphs of her History.

Avernale's Character

Pilot

Name: Chryseis “Crisis” Red-skies
Rider Classification: Infiltration
Nano-magic: Crisis uses nanites to control air currents through ionization.  This generally allows her to boost her speed and hang time, as well as affecting accuracy and defenses. These effects are stronger in her FRAME, allowing her to glide for extended periods of time, throw “Sword beams,” and launch objects into the air, as well as feats of parkour and wall-crawling.  In her Arsenal, she can outright solidify air, creating barriers and platforms for brief periods of time.
Appearance Details:  Crisis has light brown skin, green eyes, and black hair with a purple stripe from the tips of her shoulder-length bangs to the end of her waist-length ponytail.  Typically wears purple, horn-rimmed glasses and, in her civilian guise, a purple, sleeveless, turtleneck blouse under a black, hooded vest, black shorts, and black calf boots.  She stands at roughly 5’3” (160 cm).
History : Crisis was the middle child of fifteen children, born to Chryses (without the “i”) and Diana Red-Skies.  Her father was an Arsenal pilot stationed in Vertigo City on planet Chirich to protect it from the Reus.  For a time, the Chiricheans put up such a strong defense that the Reus was more of a nuisance than a threat.

Until the day it arrived.

The Chirichean Intelligence Agency named it Nymisis Latranzar due to its resemblance to the Genesis Latran ZR model Arsenal commonly used on the planet.  Despite its massive size, this canine Reus proved incredibly elusive.  It would always vanish after battle no matter the outcome and mysteriously reappear days or weeks later.  And always somewhere in or near Vertigo City, evading all forms of detection until it was too late. Always seeming in search of something…

Crisis felt as if it were stalking her. She could swear she could sense it moments before its attacks by a twisting sensation in her heart.  And it always seemed to be closing in on her before ultimately being driven off.  She never said anything about it, thinking no one would believe her.  She scarcely believed it herself.  Then it attacked her school.  And then her home.

On that day Nymisis Latranzar brought an entire army with it.  They attacked the city from without while it attacked from within. Crisis and her family barely had time to escape while her father held Latranzar off.  She somehow got separated from them, but her father found her and the two of them evacuated together.

Their ship was damaged in the escape and they crash landed on the jungle planet Ja’mul 5.  They and other survivors managed to make a living with the help of local tribesmen. Their wait for rescue was a surprisingly pleasant, if rough, experience.  Crisis actually felt happy there with her father, until a familiar twisting gripped her heart once more.

She fled in the middle of the night to protect the village from imminent attack, and it wasn’t long before Latranzar found her.  Her father found her just as quickly, scooping her up in his Arsenal and fleeing until flight was no longer an option.  Cornered, out of ammo, and desperate, her father had Crisis hide before clamping hard onto Latranzar and self-destructing. 

This was far from enough to finish it. Battered and bleeding, what was left of Latranzar dragged itself towards Crisis with a deep, sinister laugh. Paralyzed with fear, exhaustion and despair, Crisis could do nothing to stop it. As it brought its claw down upon her, she finally snapped. All the pain and emotion surged into a swirling vortex, the nanites from her father's machine reacting to her outburst. Lashing winds tore Latranzar asunder until almost nothing remained. Finally, the nightmare was over.

Or so it would seem…

SOUL

Name: CRISys (Combat, Reconnaissance, and Infiltration System), also known as “Little ‘Sis”
Personality: CRISys is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, entombed in a riddle, hidden in plain sight by a 32-bit encryption algorithm. A soul as dark as night with a heart as pure as gold. Her purpose is to operate in the shadows’ deepest umbra, traipsing into computer systems unbidden either to wreak havoc or to eliminate all trace of Crisis' activities. She does so with gusto and flourish, bloviating every step of the way
Often calls Crisis “My Sister” or “Anego.” Says “Fool!” a lot.

FRAME

Crisis' FRAME is designed for stealth and maneuverability in hostile environments. Its active camo system renders her nearly invisible as long as she doesn't move quickly, and her Nano-magic can fool motion detectors. Holographic projectors can disguise her or create decoys, but they do not hold up under scrutiny.  Cable launchers in the forearms help her scale walls or reel in targets. The Active Dark Energy Sensor Array aids in her situational awareness, allowing her to detect creatures and certain objects through walls in a limited radius.
Arsenal

Art by Navimixu.

The Genesis Latran ZR Ja’mul is a variant of a common infantry model famously used by the people of planet Chirich. It is said early versions of this Arsenal line tamed a hostile and savage system, and for a time was the gold standard throughout frontier space. Those days are long past, but this Arsenal model remains as hardy and reliable as ever.

The standard ZR model is balanced for effectiveness in both urban warfare and wilderness operations, and is easily modified for aquatic environments and deep space. It is compatible with most Arsenal armaments from light to heavy, although actually carrying the weapons is another matter.

The Ja’mul itself has been retooled from the ground up for stealth and infiltration, and is suitable for recon.  Special materials allow most forms of active and passive detection, aside from normal human senses, to pass through the armor with nary a blip yet barely sacrifices any durability. Active camo refractor fields, signal jammers, and [Redacted] take care of the rest, rendering the Ja’mul almost invisible to the naked eye in most lighting conditions. It generally appears as a light mist when engaged, and due to [redacted] smells strongly of black pepper and chamomile in a twelve foot radius. Its main function is transportation to and from infiltration sites, though the Ja'mul has been used for exploring Reus hives and delivering nuclear payloads.

In combat the ZR is renowned for its maneuverability and speed, and the Ja'mul surpasses it in most respects. It is ideal for hit and run tactics or kamikaze rushes, but the experimental Linear Sniper Rifle was built for it. In theory it can headshot a Kaiju from orbit, though this requires greater skill than the on-board systems can replicate. The Ja'mul also typically carries a standard combat rifle, beam saber, and pistol.