Fallen Ark - alien planet survival interest check

Started by Envious, January 27, 2023, 01:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envious

This is just an interest check. A critical failure on the space station forced inhabitants to abandon ship. Some survivors crash landed and must survive and find a way to escape.

This would be a small game. Posting rate would be 1 every 6-9 days. Lbgtq+ welcomed and encouraged. Playable characters would be humans, but aliens are a known thing open to imagination. Themes focus more on survival/horror/fantasy content. Please feel free to ask questions.

Updated info: Here is some more information. Please let me know if there are any questions. We will use Discord for OOC.

Game play will open 5 hours after the crash and be a sandbox area for characters to get acquainted with each other. Our first GM-led scene will open 36 hours after the crash and initiate their journey through the world.

I will not be expanding upon the wider universe, but I hope to create a richly detailed planet for us to explore.

Below is the game starter to give us a shared experience to pull from, but game play will start 5 hours after they crash on the planet where all of the immediate survival needs have already been met.

Game Starter
Melanie Roberts was a black cloud bringing blustery winds and bad luck wherever she stepped foot and she was deeply sorry for it. Why did this keep happening to her? Well, not this specifically - evacuating a space station was a new one to her bingo board - but unfortunate things in general. There was the nebula that had burped out a spec of space dust that had tore a 1 millimeter hole through the science vessel, Mystobar, grounding the pride and very expensive joy of a 12 planet coalition on its maiden. The warehouse fire on the newly developed Iris Colony that started a short-lasting famine over food scarcity. The Blitz outbreak on Rebus Terminal that had caused a quarantine or death order to be strictly enforced for two isolating months. And now Ark Station. Over four thousand people called - had called - the station home for nearly 15 years as it orbited around a binary star system dubbed R-12 to study the astounding 157 planets and moons that somehow managed to coexist and support non-humanoid life in a relatively compact space.

No one seemed to know why they were evacuating, but Melanie didn't care. Death was knocking at her door again and she knew she couldn't delay the inevitable forever. She had not grown cocky or arrogant in her survival - she was under no illusion that she was besting the reaper; it was simply a continued delay of the inevitable and she prayed that she would be graciously and tearfully thanking her God for allowing her to continue to exist on the mortal plane another day once the immediate ordeal had ended. In the meantime, she just focused on the 5-point harness.

Around her, the rows were filling up. The vessel could hold 50 and there were still about 20 more seats to go, but there was a commotion at the mouth of the pod causing a delay. "You can't bring anything on board!" Melanie could tell by the uniform that it was one of the security officers of the station. She was arguing with a trio of people and by the look of their clothing, they were scientists. One was clutching a metal briefcase to her chest. There was more arguing and the officer unholstered her stunner which made several buckled spectators around her gasp. She felt it too - the chances of their survival was dwindling with this fight. Then, just as quickly as it had started, it had ended. As the officer had turned to stun one aggressor, a second one pushed the woman clutching the briefcase to her chest into the escape pod before punching the officer and then slamming the button to initiate the detachment procedure from the pod. There was a hiss as the doors sealed shut and horrified cries as family and friends realized that they had been separated by the selfish act. Then there was the unmistakable sound as the locks released as the pod was separated from the space station. People scrambled to finish securing themselves in a seat before the thrusters activated. The lights turned red and began to flash in tandem with an alarm. Melanie knew from experience it was a countdown; after five flashes, they would be on their way to...

One of the one hundred and fifty seven planets in the system, not all of which had an atmosphere that would sustain them. Being rescued would take forever. If they made it.

Things felt wrong as they plummeted towards a planet. They had collided with something that had forced the ship to enter a wicked spin. A jarring impact on another surface wrenched the briefcase from the grip of the scientist. The secure box slammed into the main overhead lights, leaving them with only the dim floor lights. The case then smashed into the head of an unsuspecting passenger who immediately went limp. Melanie closed her eyes and squeezed the seat belt so tightly that her short nails started to break through her skin as she was violently shaken left and right in their downfall. The creaking and groaning of the ship was louder than the cries of its passengers and unable to take the stress any longer, it began to come undone. The landing impact caused her to black out just as the back door was ripped off in their tumble.

Characters
To open up the selection of races available, you can select an alien species from any established universe. You want to be a Nebari from Farscape or an Andorian from Star Trek? Stargate, Defiance, Star Wars? Any other series? Pull from fantasy? That's 100% fine by me. We will be using their aesthetic only - they will not have any meaningful, plot-altering unique abilities that set them apart from an average human to keep things easier for me to manage.

Characters could have been on Ark Station for any number of reasons. They work on it, they're family of those who work on it, they were visiting, dropping something off, picking something up, etc.

The sheet is just for your perusal. I'd like to see a few more interested players to start the game with before I open it up to character creation.

Character Name: 
Species:
Gender | Sexuality: 

Height: feet and inches
Weight: pounds
Hair | Eyes: |
Appearance:

Profession: Profession and any notable skills relevant to game play
Hobbies: Things they enjoy doing and any notable skills relevant to game play
Disadvantages: Things they will struggle at relevant to game play

Personality: positive adjective to highlight | positive | positive | negative adjective to highlight | negative (delete the parenthesis text: these character traits describe the true attributes of the character. For example, they might have | fear of rejection | but in the brief description below, that might manifest as the character always presenting as happy and fun to be well liked.)
(delete the parenthesis text and add: A brief description of how others would describe them.)
Background: 2 paragraphs max

Lost: Who or what did your character become separated from when the Ark fell?
Plot Hooks: What specific things would you like to see your character go through? Something they have to endure, something they succeed at, something they discover, player connections, etc.

Character Sheet Code
[float=left][img height=200 padding=3]http://IMG LINK HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b] 
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] Human age system
[b]Gender | Sexuality:[/b] 

[b]Height:[/b] feet and inches
[b]Weight:[/b] pounds
[b]Hair | Eyes:[/b] 3/5
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Profession:[/b] Profession and any notable skills relevant to game play
[b]Hobbies:[/b] Things they enjoy doing and any notable skills relevant to game play
[b]Disadvantages:[/b] Things they will fail at relevant to game play

[b]Personality:[/b] positive adjective to highlight [b]|[/b] positive [b]|[/b] positive [b]|[/b] negative adjective to highlight [b]|[/b] negative (delete the parenthesis text: these character traits describe the true attributes of the character. For example, they might have | fear of rejection | but in the brief description below, that might manifest as the character always presenting as happy and fun to be well liked.)
(delete the parenthesis text and add: A brief description of how others would describe them.)
[b]Background:[/b] 2 paragraphs max

[b]Lost:[/b] Who or what did your character become separated from when the Ark fell?
[b]Plot Hooks:[/b] What specific things would you like to see your character go through? Something they have to endure, something they succeed at, something they discover, player connections, etc.

Yukina

I'm possibly tempted. :) What tone are we going for though?

Envious

Hi Yuki!

The characters will be riding the struggle bus to cope with their unexpected situation, but this won't be gruesome. Scary situations for characters as they face fantastical landscapes and the creatures within it, but not a slasher film.

Yukina

TheHangedOne

Put me down as interested as well.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wolfling72

peeks in

This would be a cool read
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

salaciouspen

Tossing my hat in.

Would this be like a survival, minimal/no equipment sort of thing?
O/O's (W.I.P.) | F-List
Request Thread (Freeform/System)

Envious

Hello everyone, and thank you for your interest.

@Salaciouspen: The characters will all have access to a set of equipment that comes from their escape pod to assist with their survival. How that is used will be dictated by players!

I have updated the first post with more information. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os