RECRUITING! Harry Potter - Next Gen - Beyond Hogwarts - Free Tacos for Dudes

Started by Red Offerings, April 29, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Offerings

Happy Monday to you all. I'm Red and my fellow conspirator is phoenyx! We're trying to get a feel for how many people would be truly interested in a Harry Potter - Next Generation (meaning the offspring of the original group and OC's) - BEYOND Hogwarts.

We've got a larger plot in the works, it will hopefully be completed tonight, but here's the setting:

It has been 28 years since the Second Wizard War and an uncertain shadow is beginning to creep once more into the wizarding word. Meanwhile...

The University of Dragonsclaw is the first of its kind. Now ten years old, the college was the first to question why a 17 year old witch or wizard was expected to know precisely what they wanted to do by the time they left the aging confines of magic schools like Hogwarts. Many wizards and witches graduate from such an institution with no clear path ahead of them and fall into some dismal career that neither serves their kind nor gives them happiness? Dragonsclaw University of Wizardry and Magic allows students to develop a mature grasp of the fine arts of magic. Students can take in depth, advanced classes that allow them to select majors and minors to specialize in AS they develop and fine tune their natural skills and understanding. In addition to advanced courses, the university has a network of affiliates within the actual Ministry of Magic which allows students that are interested in pursuing a career within the Ministry to perform an internship in their desired career field to gain real world experience that will allow them to truly choose an appropriate path for themselves.

So, while there is a school setting involved, it's a lot broader and free than the Hogwarts settings allow because students aren't strictly ushered from class to class and then sealed in their dorm rooms at night. This allows for some much more interesting things to happen -- read; sex, etc.

At the crux of this setting is a flowering evil whose plot will only evolve with time.

So, keep in mind that this was really just a rough synopsis and that we're really just trying to get some numbers to determine if this will be a large group or a small one. Comments and questions?

Here's a list of the Next-Generation characters that will be available. Of course you do NOT have to choose one of these, you may play an OC or if you wish to play more than one character you can play one of these AND an OC. Essentially these are original though because they were never specifically talked about more than in passing.

Harry Potter and Ginny (Weasley) Potter's Children
James Sirius Potter: [Available]
Albus Severus Potter: [Available]
Lily Luna Potter: [Taken]

Ron Weasley and Hermione (Granger) Weasley's Children
Rose Weasley: [Available, but being applied for]
Hugo Weasley: [Available]

Bill Weasley and Fleur (Delacour) Weasley's Children
Victoire Weasely: Quarter Veela: [Available]
Dominique Weasely: Quarter Veela: [Available]
Louis Weasley: Quarter Veela: [Available]

Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks' Children
Ted Lupin: Metamorphmagus: [Taken]

Rolf Scamander and Luna (Lovegood) Scamander's Children
Lorcan Scamander: [Available]
Lysander Scamander: [Available]

George Weasley and Angelina (Johnson) Weasely's Children
Fred Weasley: [Available]
Roxanne Weasley: [Available]

Percy and Audry Weasley's Children
Molly Weasley: [Available]
Lucy Weasley: [Available]

Draco Malfoy and Astoria (Greengrass) Malfoy's Children
Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy: [Taken]

Profile Skeleton: fill this out according to the choice of your character. The code is pretty basic, but you are welcome to refine it to your taste.

[color=colorofchoice][b]name:[/b][/color] (character name)
[color=colorofchoice][b]age:[/b][/color]
[color=colorofchoice][b]gender:[/b][/color]
[color=colorofchoice][b]race:[/b][/color]
[color=colorofchoice][b]Blood Status:[/b][/color] (Pure Blood, Half Blood, Muggle Born)
[color=colorofchoice][b]position:[/b][/color] (Student or Teacher)
[color=colorofchoice][b]Signature Spell:[/b][/color] (A spell your character is particularly proficient with, can include animagus form or other very rare traits)
[color=colorofchoice][b]Wand:[/b][/color] (Length/core/wood)
[color=colorofchoice][b]mirror, mirror on the wall:[/b][/color] (physical description here, may use picture along with description but it must be linked, not embedded)
[color=colorofchoice][b]in my heart of hearts:[/b][/color] (personality description, 2 paragraphs minimum, 4 max)
[color=colorofchoice][b]my dark past:[/b][/color] (character history, 2 paragraphs minimum, 5 max)

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Elf

Hiya, Red.

This sounds like it would be rather interesting, mark me as interested.

Red Offerings

Quote from: Elf on April 29, 2013, 05:16:06 PM
Hiya, Red.

This sounds like it would be rather interesting, mark me as interested.

Great Elf! ;) Got a post for you in our thread btw!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Elf

I will start thinking about a char and get in print if we get some more interest.

Dito

Red Offerings

Quote from: Elf on April 29, 2013, 06:16:36 PM
I will start thinking about a char and get in print if we get some more interest.

Dito

Yeah, if we get TWO more people I think we'll actually go with it. I'll have a profile skeleton and stuff. I use the same skeletons for all the RP's I run/help run so yeah.

Elf

Red Offerings

Updated with a list of characters that are offspring of the original group!

Red Offerings

Hmm, looking at that list, I think this is probably aiming to be a big group.

SapphireStar

Hi! I would love to join. If Rose Weasley is still available, I would like to play her and an original character as well.

Red Offerings

Quote from: SapphireStar on April 29, 2013, 07:00:37 PM
Hi! I would love to join. If Rose Weasley is still available, I would like to play her and an original character as well.

She's available! :) The only one that wasn't was Lily Luna Potter. Great, just oooooone more person. I'll probably end up providing the profile skeleton first and let people work on that and then get the ball rolling with the thread.

Caela

I'd definitely be interested in this setting, though I think I would probably make an OC instead of using the canon characters kids. Lets me have more fun playing with background. :)

Red Offerings

Quote from: Caela on April 29, 2013, 07:44:05 PM
I'd definitely be interested in this setting, though I think I would probably make an OC instead of using the canon characters kids. Lets me have more fun playing with background. :)

That'd be fine! :) Well that makes a total of five players, not too bad if I do say so myself. My partner in crime isn't on right now and she was working on the story. So what I'm going to go ahead and do is post the profile skeleton just to give you all something to do.

Red Offerings

Profile skeleton is up in the original post! You can post them here OR you can email them to myself.

Caela

Just a rough outline of what is in my head. I can tweak her as needed!

name: Astrid Henrietta Bishop

race: Witch

Blood Status: Pure Blood

position: Student

Signature Spell: Animagus

Wand: 11', Yew, Phoenix feather core

mirror, mirror on the wall:http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae282/caela_ecub/Blondes/ts2.jpg
Astrid stands at a petite 5'2 in her bare feet. She compensates for that with force of personality and a plethora of spiked heels to make herself seem taller. Golden hair falls in gentle waves to near the middle of her back and frames a kind and open face with dark green eyes framed by, naturally, sooty lashes that mascara always promises but never seems to give. With a straight nose and soft, kissable lips, she has what her mother always called, "classic beauty". Despite her petite stature there is nothing about Astrid that seems "short". Her body is in perfect proportion with toned legs, a firm behind, flat stomach and perky breasts just large enough to require a bra under most tops.

in my heart of hearts: Astrid is, mostly, a sweet girl with a love of learning and thirst for knowledge. She can get caught up in a new subject and lose track of the world around her almost entirely. When you can snap her away from her books, however, you find that she is friendly, open, chatty, and almost always ready for some form of entertainment. She'll help with practical jokes but only if she believes them to be funny, not cruel, and is one of the most loyal of friends you could ask for. What few people ever see is the temper she manages to hide behind her sunny exterior. It takes a lot to set it off, but if you harm someone she loves, she'll be patient, and dogmatic, in making sure you pay for it.

my dark past: Astrid's past isn't dark in the least. Born to a minor Witch family (both her parents worked as low level Clerks within the Ministry) she grew up with loving parents and there was no doubt that she would receive her letter and attend Hogwarts. From a young age she showed a propensity for transfiguration and potion-making, often able to improvise in either to dramatic effect so it was no surprise to her teachers (or her parents) when she became the youngest Ravenclaw in her class to learn to become an Animagus and one of the proudest moments of her her young life was when she was registered as a Sparrow.

Having excelled in her studies at Hogwarts, she still had no idea what she really wanted to do with her life and was thrilled that the University was an option for her. Her parents made it clear how thrilled they were as well since it was an option that hadn't been around when they were graduating themselves. It wasn't that either of them hated their jobs, but both felt that there might have been options for them that they never discovered because they didn't get the chance to study longer.

In her second year at the University now she's studying far more advanced forms of transfiguration than would ever have been taught at Hogwarts, higher levels of potion-making, and taking further lessons in Herbology as well, though the Herbology she studies is more to further her potion-making because she's found that she can improvise and create better, the better she knows the properties of the plants and minerals she's working with. In the back of her mind she has begin thinking that a future in medical potions might be fun to explore.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RainbowRian

Elf

Pencil me in for Ted Lupin I think I'll work up the CS in the morning.

Hey, Rian.

RainbowRian

phoenyx

awesome. Caela love the character... is that Taylor Swift I spy? *grins* good choice

sorry I've been MIA. got my tongue pierced yesterday and was busy avoiding the pain with the help of 100 proof Southern Comfort :P yeah, still hurts, but figured I'd better get some things accomplished today before diving back into the numb *chuckles*

so I will finish up sorting out the whole outline/guide/thingie and have Red look it over for fine tuning and polishing. I love the HP world, but I am no expert on it in the least lol
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

Caela

Thnks Phoenyx, glad you like her...and you do spy correctly hehehe. TS just fit the look I wanted Astrid.

phoenyx

*chuckles* I have to agree, since I didn't look at the pic until after I read the Char Skel lol

there's a couple other things I've also added to the Charater Skeleton to more Tailor the story. I sent them to Red to add to her coding up there *vauguely points upward* but I'll PM them to you so you can add them in on the sheet you already got going.... also sent Red the full Outline I cobbled together and now to wait for this eve for her to come wandering in :P

O/O

Elf

phoenyx, do you think you could possibly send me the undated char skel as well? So that I can it all in the first shot as I may not the time in the evening to work on it.

Please & Thank you.

phoenyx

O/O

Elf

Caela

I'll update Astrid when I get home this evening and aren't typing on my phone! Lol