Five Word Game

Started by Ephemera, December 19, 2012, 07:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephemera

Okay, so one of my favorite forum games threads is the Three Word Game.  Check it out HERE:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=118975.msg5192054#msg5192054 

I've been playing it a bit today, and now I have a craving for a bigger challenge...

Can we do it with five?

The rules are simple:

1.  Create a five sentence post, using one of the five challenge words in each of the sentences. 
2.  Compound sentences are fine, but only five sentences total.
3.  Each sentence must use one of the given words, so that all are used when you're finished.
4.  BOLD your words within the post, so they are easy to identify.
5.  Finally, provide five words at the bottom of your post for the next player to use in their turn.

(it's sometimes fun to offer rhyming words, or alliterative words, but this is not required)

So, if you're up for the challenge, here are the first five words:

mirror, crescent, perfume, wandering, leak

Good Luck!

“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Mordred

When the young squire held the mirror before the strange characters etched upon the large rock, he smiled. The illegible shapes of crescent, triangle, and spiral that repeated with no proper form suddenly displayed proper words. Within the reflected image, a vapor of perfume lifted to caress the his senses as the words sang into his soul. This is what I get for wandering where I should not, Arthur thought to himself as his eyes lifted towards the long sword that jutted from the highest peak of the stone. Yet as quick as this thought entered his mind, he grinned and climbed up the rock.. knowing in the depths of his heart the perfect way to grip the weapon so that it would easily leak from it's undignified prison.

Squint, Metropolis, Prime, Raddish, Feline
*See Pillory*

Ephemera

The late afternoon sun glimmered in the reflection of the building across the urban chasm from her own rooftop, and Evangeline had to squint to make out the network of cars on the street below, each following another out of the city into the sprawling suburbs.  Her wings twitched against her shoulders, aching to feel the rush of wind that would come, when at nightfall she could finally unfurl them and fly over the busy metropolis toward the shadowed foothills beyond the city lights.  It would soon be prime time for the hunt, and she was counting on the chance that he'd be there in the twilight that turned the trees to ink, and the sky to parchment.  Closing her eyes, she could smell him, the combination of night and earth that always reminded her of childhood summers, pulling one radish after another from her grandmother's backyard garden, a-half-a-dozen-lifetimes ago.  She shivered as the night descended by degrees and slinking slowly toward the edge of the roof with the grace of a feline, she whispered aloud to herself, "Soon... just a while longer, and you'll be free to answer his call."

linen, mineral, evaporate, butter, spree
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

WildCat

Bed linen is gripped in fists by me.
Mineral weighs my finger, I'm no longer free.
Evaporate is the kind of milk I use
mixed with butter and other refuse
depression sets in after my wedding spree.

amplify, fern, agonize, reptilian, might
ONS and OFFS: Make Wildcat purr
Absence: Where's the cheshire Cat?

Don't want to lose track of crossrealms and my room