The Inheritance Games (EX, Semi-Freeform, Still Recruiting)

Started by Deathnote, December 06, 2013, 06:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylie

I'm thinking I'll put in a character sheet.  This week is slightly busy and I did want to clear up the background a little.  That helped, thanks.   8-)

One other question:

Is the game actually known to anyone outside the corporation?  I mean, does it have a public face of any sort?  (Is it televised?  A subject of tabloid speculation even?  Or is it strictly insider information?  Does anyone else go there besides the players and elite staff that run the place?)  I guess I'm just kind of trying to imagine whether players would have any other background with any of this, or whether it would involve any real-time danger for one's image in the rest of the world.

Just since it keeps coming up, to reiterate...  I'm actually quite cozy with having some people brought in by outlandish tastes or dubious tactics or relationships.  It doesn't surprise me OOC-wise; it's more something I wanted to have.   I'm thinking mine will probably be a female with a certain addiction to reasonable challenges...  However, the family may have done subtle things to make that more of a "rampant" addiction and then the circumstances of the actual challenges are well, not entirely reasonable.  From there, I imagine a mix of curiosity, bizarre outcomes, and momentum will do it. 

I'll just fuss over character details for a day or few here. 

Deathnote

This game has only just recently been devised, so only high-rollers would know anything about it.  Before the games have started, there will only be rumours and small amounts of tabloid speculation with no evidence of any sort to support them.  Only major-level hackers will have any information about it, but even then they can't really say much about it.  Once the games have ended, they will be about as well known as underground fighting rings in that the general public won't know much about them except for the fact that they exist.  The events of the games will be recorded live and uploaded to a website that can be accessed by only those with the right security clearance.  In other words, it's basically an underground reality show that's seen by the same sort of people who plays backroom poker, bet on dog-fights, and attend black-market auctions, except it's all of them all around the world combined.  Everyone above entry-level within one of OROCHI's many companies will also have access to the website.  Due to the website's abnormal security, the number of people who can hack into it can be counted on one hand.

The only way a player could have any concrete prior knowledge about the games is if he/she has an extensive criminal background of some sort, is friends with someone who'd have insider information, or already an employee of one of OROCHI's many companies.

Deathnote

Character Sheets Thread is now up!

For those of you still interested in playing, I have just one question for you.  Do you want to play against each other or do you want to play on the same team?

Yukina

Faeli

I would prefer to play against others... seems silly to mollest NPCs when I can mollest my friends and victims 3)

Yukina

Quote from: Faeli on December 25, 2013, 10:50:38 PM
I would prefer to play against others... seems silly to mollest NPCs when I can mollest my friends and victims 3)

I second that. Changing my vote to "against each other".

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Deathnote on December 25, 2013, 08:13:11 PM
Character Sheets Thread is now up!

For those of you still interested in playing, I have just one question for you.  Do you want to play against each other or do you want to play on the same team?

Against each other

Hercinia

Deathnote

Alright, since you're playing against each other, that means each of you will be working under a different heir/heiress.  Except for Faeli's character, who I'm guessing will be participating as an heiress.  Do each of you want to come up with your own heir/heiress or do you want me to NPC them for you?

By the way, Faeli, just wanted you to clear something up for me.  From the biography you gave Ally, the impression I got was that Nolan did a background check on Ally and discovered that she's a direct descendent of one of OROCHI's founders and therefore qualified to compete as an heiress.  He then decided to invest in her by loaning her enough money to hire the best participants possible to work under her.  If this is not true and it's Nolan who's in fact the direct descendent, then the only way he could send Ally to compete as an heiress is if he adopted her.  In either case, if Ally wins the whole competition, she would be granted a thousand times more wealth and power than Nolan could ever hope to achieve.  Hmm... could be a fun outcome.  :p

I'll see about starting up an IC thread sometime by tomorrow.  ^_^

Yukina

Faeli

Quote from: Deathnote on January 01, 2014, 10:37:08 PM
By the way, Faeli, just wanted you to clear something up for me.  From the biography you gave Ally, the impression I got was that Nolan did a background check on Ally and discovered that she's a direct descendent of one of OROCHI's founders and therefore qualified to compete as an heiress.  He then decided to invest in her by loaning her enough money to hire the best participants possible to work under her.  If this is not true and it's Nolan who's in fact the direct descendent, then the only way he could send Ally to compete as an heiress is if he adopted her.  In either case, if Ally wins the whole competition, she would be granted a thousand times more wealth and power than Nolan could ever hope to achieve.  Hmm... could be a fun outcome.  :p

I am going to assume she is, technically, adopted :P

Deathnote

I'll see about creating a pool of heirs and heiresses to choose from.  Until then...

Welcome to Hotel O'Lantern ^_^

kylie

Is this still open?  Wanted to check. 

I kind of got whopped by other things for a few days and finals have come along for me to (almost) be grading...  But I should have some more time this month if things are clicking.  Next is kind of a crap shoot so far, but anyway.

Deathnote

@kylie - Game's still open

Heir and Heiress NPCs:

Joanna Snow

Name: Joanna Snow
Sexual Details: Straight, Dominant

Original Appearance:

Modifications:

Poker Chips (Heirs/Heiresses only):
Joanna Snow - Blank (x10)

Biography:
Joanna had always been an over-achiever, even when she was in high school.  Unlike her peers who were always out partying, she had been working as hard as she could in order to live up to her family name.  Just as soon as she passed the bar exam, she joined her father's law firm and worked her way up to senior partner.  Her true ambition, however, was to become a politician, which she intended to do with the resources that come with winning the Inheritance Games.

Ons & Offs:

Aoi Kujaku

Name: Aoi Kujaku
Sexual Details: Lesbian

Original Appearance:

Modifications:

Aoi Kujaku - Blank (x10)

Biography:
Aoi Kujaku had always been into fashion and was set on taking over one of her parents' many fashion companies.  After graduating from high school, she went to school in Paris and did an internship in order to learn as much as she could about the fashion industry.  Unfortunately, right after she graduated, one of her parents' many rivals did a hostile takeover of all of her parents' companies.  A major scam was involved that resulted in the complete bankruptcy of the Kujaku family.  Several scandals had also come to light, resulting in both of Aoi's parents to be locked away for a very long time.  With revenge on her mind, Aoi prepared herself for the Inheritance Games.

Ons & Offs:

Ruby Lionhart

Name: Ruby Lionhart
Sexual Details: Virgin, Bisexual

Original Appearance:

Modifications:

Ruby Lionhart - Blank (x10)

Biography:
Ruby was an orphan who was adopted by a nice wealthy family.  Little did she know that the reason why she was adopted was because the Lionharts knew that Ruby was the illegitimate offspring of Matthew Apex, an estranged grandchild of one of the founders of OROCHI.  The Lionharts had planned on using Ruby to obtain leverage over the Apex family, perhaps even blackmailing them into exchanging money to avoid a scandal.  As soon as they heard about the Inheritance Games, however, they immediately seized the opportunity by manipulating Ruby into participating on their behalf.

Ons & Offs:

George Green III

Name: George Green III
Sexual Details: Straight, Dominant

Original Appearance:

Modifications:

George Green - Blank (x10)

Biography:
George took after his father, a child prodigy who started from nothing.  His father grew up in a trailer park before becoming one of the most renowned engineers in the world and winning the heart of Saaya Kujaku, a major business tycoon's daughter and George's mother.  It soon became apparent that George shared his father's genius mind and graduated from college at the age of 15.  Upon reaching adulthood, he took over Green Enterprises and the arms dealing that went with it.

Ons & Offs:

Dick Huang

Name: Dick Huang
Sexual Details: Straight

Original Appearance:

Modifications:

Dick Huang - Blank (x10)

Biography:
Dick was a major frat boy when he was in college and had always been one to cause problems after problems.  He ran into the law more than a few times and the only reason why he was not in prison was because of his family's connections.  He dropped out of college after attending for four years and lied to his parents about it.  It wasn't long before his father caught on and decided to cut him off once and for all.  With no money to his name and no real life skills, Dick's only chance seemed to be to win the Inheritance Games.

Ons & Offs:

Yukina

Deathnote

Yukina

Hercinia

kylie

I might work under Ruby.  Although I'm not quite clear on how much the nobility will actually be doing.

I have a sort of general character idea, just trying to come up with a few more pieces.

Deathnote

The "nobility" gets to choose which of their own "employees" get to participate in each game.  They are also allowed to participate themselves.

Yukina