Fitness and health article suggestions?

Started by FortunateTaboo, July 24, 2014, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FortunateTaboo

I think the thread title might e a bit misleading to some who come in here, but oh wells. lol Maybe that'll give me a little more traffic for questions.

I am a personal trainer with relatively new experience. I have several years of self study application, a college course work amount of knowledge, and a knowledge source of practical exercise and lifestyle modifications.

In a quest to always learn more and expand what I know and don't know, I keep up to date with numerous online sources, primary source personnel, and CEUs (continuing education units or courses in this case). Now here's the question/suggestion from E.

As part of learning, I'd like to share and create awareness of fitness and health education through writing articles and sending them to E's Herald and Post as a Fitness Columnist. Having the approval of the process, I'm in search of some inspiration as to what E would like to read/learn more about. As my first article, I'd like to get right into a subject that matters or is on the minds of our community, while keeping it simple and easily accessible. As well as maybe giving tips and advice that we could all insert into our lives if we deem any worth. I'm hoping to also practice my writing skills as well as share simple and sometimes complex health concepts and create a sense of awareness to something that otherwise might be a little intimidating, daunting, or uninteresting to those who aren't affected by it.

I'll list a few ideas and suggestions, but ultimately I'd appreciate any feedback!

• The Differences of Types of Training: Endurance, Strength Endurance, Maximal Strength
  • Easy Daily Stretch Routines
  • Quick Warm Up Guide
  • Workouts with Taboo: Learning an Exercise One at a Time

Wow, these sound a little cheesy, but you get the point, simple quick reads to dip our toes in for those who aren't gym rats or a little too intimidated with the well of knowledge in fitness. If this becomes any bit more popular, then I'd like to be able to cater to a wider range of audience from newbies to the casual weekend warrior to our sports performance athletes. ^^

Thanks for stopping by!
~//Taboo
My Cravings thread.
My O/o's thread.
My A/a

Marchoisas

Hello FortunateTaboo. I'm a fitness/yoga/martial arts entusiast, and I think its great that you'r atempting to create a sense of awareness on the subject vhich many people tend to find, as you said and I agree, daunting, intimidating and uninteresting.

Those 4 ideas you listed are straight-forvard enough, but I'd say they focus too much on just the workout mechanics, and not enogh on the support factor; healthy diet, apropriate supplements to take before/after specific types of workout, that sort of thing.

Hope my input helped.  :-)
Danger only makes things more fun!

Reached my limit of active RPs, so... efective now, I'm no longer available for more RPs until further update. Sorry peeps!

Oniya

One thing I have noticed in the perusal of the exercise and fitness threads that have cropped up is people trying to keep fit/get more fit while under the constraints of physical limitations - chronic conditions as well as conditions that getting more fit would help alleviate.  Perhaps something that gives some general ideas for that?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caeli

I think an article about proper alignment would also be really useful.  I hear often about people who are more focused on reaching a certain number of reps or lifting a certain weight that they aren't quite ready for yet, and their form gets sloppy.  Improper alignment/posture/form is so critical in most exercises, but a lot of people don't realize how much damage they're doing to their joints and push through pain, rather than resting or doing it properly but in fewer reps / less weight.

I find pictures really useful to help illustrate proper vs. improper form.  If not real pictures, even stick figures will help. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs