Google image searches

Started by DonnaSalmer, November 14, 2015, 07:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonnaSalmer

Does anyone know why Google image searches have changed. When I search for images and click on an image, when I cut and paste, it shows up with the google search string as part of the URL. When I post with the hide tag there is nothing there. It didn't  used to do that.

BAMF

They've opted for a more 'theater style view.' It's the same as what Facebook does, & the reason behind their monstrosity of URLs. To combat it, click the option that says "view image" when it pops up.

Alternatively, right-click the image > open in new tab. Then copy the image url.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

DonnaSalmer

Thanks BAMF I'm using a tablet. It doesn't offer the "view image" option anymore. That's  part of the problem.

Oreo

Were you using that as a way to hotlink images to E? If so they need to go to a hosting site (like Photobucket, Pinterest) or to the Wiki before being posted on Elliquiy.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oreo

Quote from: DonnaSalmer on November 14, 2015, 10:24:52 PM
You can link them without using a photo bucket.  Here is an example. Using a URL.

http://www.wnc-woman.com/september04images/jen&estee.jpg

Or

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

What I meant was hotlinking is against the site rules. The images must be hosted on a reputable site before linking to Elliquiy. We have had past trouble with members getting a virus by hotlinking images. Hosting the images prevents this from happening.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

DonnaSalmer

Oh thank you for telling me that.