Starting small: Undermountain PF (full)

Started by ShadowFox89, December 09, 2011, 06:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

who149

As always, you have the Greatest Characters Nicci.

And you make me want to watch Spice and Wolf again.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Inkidu

Character name: Shadlin Ghost-Step
Race: Human

Mental and Physical Description: Description: Standing at six feet and an inch and just under two hundred pounds, Shandlin doesn’t look as imposing as one might think.  Lithe and athletic where warriors of comparable size are muscular and imposing. He has a lean look about him, but walks with a level of ease and serenity. Hawkish and observant blue eyes and narrow faced. He wears his hair short, but has a short braid in the back. He’s unshaven with a few scars and pock marks along his cheeks.
Typically wears nothing but his grey and blue monk’s robes. He wears black slipper-like shoes that are cross gartered up to the knee. He wears a small set of prayer beads with a wooden lotus over his right wrist and forearm. Has a few tattoos denoting his level of study. They’re a combination of lotuses and symbols of his order. They are located on his back and the entirety of his left arm.

Shadlin is aware of the corruption and evil that exists, but isn’t tempered against it. He’s naïve to some degree, but mostly where women or betrayal are concerned. Shadlin is shaped by the teachings of the monastery more than real-world experience. He’s not given to relying on other, because his order believes all answers lie within the self. He tends to be too honest for his own good, and terse and literal in his observations.  while the school preaches caution Shadlin tends not suffer overt acts of evil or injustice.

Ons and Offs: Maybe not all those ons for the sake of this game, but certainly all the offs.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShadowFox89

Alright, we got room for two more people. I'll update the thread name to reflect this. Preference will be given to a healer first.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 19, 2011, 11:05:06 PM
Alright, we got room for two more people. I'll update the thread name to reflect this. Preference will be given to a healer first.
Isn't four people enough to start, or is this one of those games where we'll need someone to put our spleens back on the inside?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShadowFox89

This would be one of those, yes. Undermountain is not easy and a cleric or equivalent is someone who is pretty much needed to keep you from dying.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 19, 2011, 11:39:47 PM
This would be one of those, yes. Undermountain is not easy and a cleric or equivalent is someone who is pretty much needed to keep you from dying.
Not that any tabletop gamer would ever do anything ludicrous, over-the-top, and completely suicidal just becomes he or she might come out the other side cooler than sliced bread.  ::)

who149

If no healer is found in a day or two, I can change to be a cleric.

Ons and offs!

swordwind

Well I wouldn't mind a try at Pathfinder as a healer, shouldn't be to hard to learn right?

ShadowFox89

If you are familiar with 3.5e, PF should be easy for you to learn.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

NicciKotor

Quote from: swordwind on December 20, 2011, 12:22:15 AM
Well I wouldn't mind a try at Pathfinder as a healer, shouldn't be to hard to learn right?

The only thing different about clerics is no turn undead and the domains are more robust. Domains now give some sort of special powers in addition to the spells that are more interesting then +1 level for all good spells and other boring crap like that.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ShadowFox89

Also, would everyone like to start knowing each other? It would save everyone from that awkward introduction stage.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Here is my char now.

Pic
Character Name: Kolgosh
Race: Elf (wilder variant; +2 Str, +2 Dex and -2 Int also Desert Runner elf racial trait)
Sex: Male
Class: Barbarian (Savage Barbarian variant)
Biography: Kolgosh is from southern deserts, from a wild roaming wild elf tribe which had long millenia ago ran to the south escape Elven Wars in ancient
past. They were not fully safe in harsh desert but it was their new home which over centuries and generations embraced. Slowly they forgot entirely their ancestral roots and customs
and instead build new society in the south which was more similar to tribal culture which has elven culture flavor as well. Kolgosh is six foot tall wiry muscular elf who has raven black
long wildly loose hair and bright green runic tattoos covering his muscular frame.

He eschews wearing armor but he carries a serrated bastard sword one hand and shield in other. He like many before him in his tribe, Crimson Sand,
embraces life as tribe's champion and he seeks to find undying glory in battle and hope his deeds will mark him as legend and so even if he would die he would live on the tales what his
deeds inspired. It's prime reason why he adventures and why he had wandered far away from his desert home to all way to civilization.
Ons/Offs: Check my signature

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 20, 2011, 01:49:31 AM
Also, would everyone like to start knowing each other? It would save everyone from that awkward introduction stage.
I'd prefer not to myself, if only to avoid the dreaded "you all meat in a tavern" cliche. I would be up for meeting in the first level of the dungeon in medias res, maybe with a Mexican standoff, then have the people briefly explain why they're there and then join up.

However, this is just a suggestion. If I'm in the minority I will go along with it, and it would depend on what type of dungeon Undermountain is (i.e. curse castle, old mine, old... dungeon, literally.)

Zaer Darkwail

I myself prefer know the party already from one shared adventure at least.

Gary Stargazer

I'm not familiar with path finder as a system, however I am familiar with 3.5 and my fave classes to play in D&D are healer types. So if you guys are willing to let me deal with a learning curb of figuring out PF I could try rolling up a cleric or something. :3
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

who149

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on December 20, 2011, 08:09:05 AM
I'm not familiar with path finder as a system, however I am familiar with 3.5 and my fave classes to play in D&D are healer types. So if you guys are willing to let me deal with a learning curb of figuring out PF I could try rolling up a cleric or something. :3

Don't worry, theres no really big difference. http://www.d20pfsrd.com
Basically pathfinder is just an updated 3.5 (3.75?)

In something slightly related. I accidently made my character in 3.5~ My bad (not that it really changed much,) Anyway heres my updated Character Sheet

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9907

Ons and offs!

Gary Stargazer

I've not played 3.5 in a few years so I may be a bit rusty, but if it's similar then I should be ok.
Thanks for the link. *slinks off the study.*

Inkidu

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 20, 2011, 07:15:37 AM
I myself prefer know the party already from one shared adventure at least.
I'd really just like to avoid the "you all meet in a tavern". I really do not like that kind of thing. It's not going to break me out of the game or anything. It's just really obvious and overused.

who149

When I DM games. I reallly try to avoid the meet in the tavern thing. But, it can be a really really good start, especially for lvl 1 characters, even if it was overused. A tavern allows  a meeting place, as well as a good bit of roleplaying to get to know the character, for both the controlling character and surrounding characters.

And I don't think we could  have had a "previous" adventure being level 1 O.o

Ons and offs!

Gary Stargazer

I didn't realize how out of the loop I am on all this. I will need to really do some studying up on all this. I should also PM the GM, I've got some questions about the game and what is ok to play etc. :3

who149

Well, if you going to play a healer, I'd go for the basic Cleric.

Other then that, any base race should be fine.

If you want a character sheet online (which is really really helpful) http://plothook.net is a pretty good one, as it does a lot of the work for you. You'll have to make an account, which shouldn't take long. Then you just go too Plothook tools, Character sheet profiler. Then you type in your characters name and choose your template (pathfinder RPG).

When you get to the character sheet, fill it out. Its a point buy system, so you'll have to look that up.

Afterwords, save it, and then from your profiler set it to public.

Ons and offs!

swordwind

As it  seems that their is a bid going on for healer I'll put my guy in and then the group and sort it all out in who they would like to keep.

Character Name: Grinex the Scarred Age: 25
Race: Half-Orc
Sex: Male
Physical and Mental Description: Born in the harsh life of someone between two races Grinex couldn't handle a normal mortal life and turned to religion for aid. Years of training and study taught him things that transended race and he saw the larger picture of the world. To aid his Deity and his companions. To fight off pain and suffering wherever it came to light. To protect the weak and encourage the strong to push themselves to their limits.

Taking upon himself the markings of his church he marched out of his temple and joined the world. Standing out from the norm at 6ft and with greenish skin he worn his holy symbol with pride. Always giving something out to those in need and assisting weaker people that needed even a small amount of aid. He uses his strength and faith to heal the lands.

Personality Wise he's calm and quiet and tries to give out his insight when needed. He works quietly when their are wounded and mummers while doing so. Overall he never backs down from those in need and makes sure everyone comes back alive from whatever the ordeal. 

Ons/Offs: Check sig

Gary Stargazer

Oh I'm terribly sorry swordwind, I didn't even see your post, and you even posted before me too!
I will happily retract my request to join as a cleric since you claimed it first. I apologize for seeming like I was trying to root you out.

If you guys still would have me I will happily roll up another type of char instead, Just let me know Shadow!

swordwind

Well we did both post on the same day, and my dull black normal text doesn't stand out to much. But thanks, if you still wanted to make something and the group decides it's better I'd be fine with it as well.