Interest Check: Dark Series RP (based on Christine Feehan)

Started by Clio, October 31, 2009, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

I am so happy I am doing the Dance of Joy....

*Yeppie Dark Clown is in!!!!*

How many more guys do we need to get going?

Huggles to everyone who is in
Xandi
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Belladonna1

Just for clarification....

Are we planning on having any of the core characters (male Carpathians) from the series? 

IE.
      Mikhail Dubrinski- the Prince of the Carpathian people

Gregori Daratranazoff - Mikhail's second in command,( as well as the defender/protector of the prince ),   the Carpathians strongest  , healer and fiercest warrior

Adrian & Julien Savage - twins, ancient carpathian warriors, Adrien hunts the vampires in America ( San Francisco)

etc....? 

There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Mr Self Destruct

I think I'd prefer an OC (original character), as I haven't read the series.

Belladonna1

QuoteI think I'd prefer an OC (original character), as I haven't read the series.

How about  an "OC" Leader, 2nd in command, etc,... then? 
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Xanatos

I think we can have the original characters in the background, while we the players just make our own and interact with the originals or not.

Clio

I would rather not have canon characters, as they already have lifemates, and Feehan wrote their love stories so well! I think this should all be OC, although we can interact with or mention the core characters as long as they're not our main ones.

So the boys can still be OCs, and we can still be OCs. The hierarchy of the Carpathians can still be there (and I'll post a family tree soon), but we're all our own. Make sense?

And yay! Dark clown! *smooches*

Duncan, if you're a vampire, you can't have a lifemate...therefore, you can't have sex. Carpathians still drink blood, but they are not  called vampires.

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Mr Self Destruct

I'm glad everyone's happy to see me. :D

I've got a few questions that the wiki and other sites didn't answer:

1) What is the setting for this story?  It is the Carpathian Mountains, as the name of our (anti)heroes suggests?
2) Is the setting modern day?
3) The carpathians can turn into animals...how many?  Is it just one type, or are there more?
4) What other powers to they possess?
5) How much does sunlight harm them?
6) Any other odd weaknesses or strengths?

Clio

Quote from: Dark Clown on November 02, 2009, 05:09:58 PM
I'm glad everyone's happy to see me. :D

I've got a few questions that the wiki and other sites didn't answer:

1) What is the setting for this story?  It is the Carpathian Mountains, as the name of our (anti)heroes suggests?
2) Is the setting modern day?
3) The carpathians can turn into animals...how many?  Is it just one type, or are there more?
4) What other powers to they possess?
5) How much does sunlight harm them?
6) Any other odd weaknesses or strengths?

1. Although her books can cover a variety of areas, I figure we can have ours set in the Carpathian mountains for now. Any foreign people (like my girl) can either have family there, are tourists, or are students.

2. Yes.

3. I think it depends on the man. Most turn into birds of prey, wolves or such. Animals that are native to the mountains of their home.

4. Many. They can control the weather. Basically, they are of the "earth." So anything earth related they can control. And they can shapeshift into creatures with wings, so they can fly.

5. A lot. As much as the vampires of the old. However, they can be out in twilight and early morning as long as it's cloudy. Vampires cannot be out in the sun at all.

6. I'll add more to this when I get home...basically, their biggest strength is soil. It heals them, restores them, etc...they are an "earth" race.

Duncan

Clio

Quote from: Duncan on November 02, 2009, 05:18:47 PM
Gotcha Carpathian is fine by me.

Although technically you could still play a vampire. In fact, do you girls remember Dark Gold? When a vampire kidnapped Alex, thinking that if he got a psychic human female, she could be his lifemate and turn him back to Carpathian? Then Aidan killed him?

So Duncan, if you wanted, you could be a vampire who thinks that one of the girls can be 'made' his lifemate. Kidnapping her, and raping her (I suppose), and then being hunted by her true Carpathian lifemate. You could either be killed, or get away, terrorizing the same girl...or maybe others. You still couldn't be paired up, but I suppose you could have sex by rape.

Either way, you'd be an evil and disgusting creature, but if you're really wanting to be called a 'vampire,' then that could work.

Xanatos

Just a note me and Bella have teamed up. We are still in the early stages of character discussion. Just a heads up like you wanted Christa.

Duncan

QuoteSo Duncan, if you wanted, you could be a vampire who thinks that one of the girls can be 'made' his lifemate. Kidnapping her, and raping her (I suppose), and then being hunted by her true Carpathian lifemate. You could either be killed, or get away, terrorizing the same girl...or maybe others. You still couldn't be paired up, but I suppose you could have sex by rape.

Pm will be sent to you on this idea.

Clio

Thanks for the heads up Xanatos. And Duncan, I think it might work. I'll talk to LadySky about it.

Xanatos

Hey Christa, where you wanting us to eventually post our characters in this thread or do you have a character thread up?

despickable

I am interested in playing along and if possible i would love to be partnered with Xandi. She is ok with that too. I hope that i can still be part of it all

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Clio

Quote from: despickable on November 04, 2009, 12:31:57 AM
I am interested in playing along and if possible i would love to be partnered with Xandi. She is ok with that too. I hope that i can still be part of it all

Of course. So Bella and Xanatos, and Despickable and Xandi.

If possible, can Xandi and Bella send me a PM or post here saying that they're okay with this as well? Thanks.

And Xanatos, I'll be getting a Profile thread up tonight hopefully, as well as an OOC.

Any ideas for the title? Here are my choices:

Dark Dreams

Dark Love

Dark Lust

Dark Stories

Dark Tales

-------

Thoughts? More options?

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Belladonna1

QuoteIf possible, can Xandi and Bella send me a PM or post here saying that they're okay with this as well? Thanks.

*nods head* yep, all good here! ;)

And I kind of like Dark Love or Dark Tales Oooor, what about Stories ( or Tales) of Dark Love..

Xanatos

Dark Dreams and Dark Love sounds good to me.

Cool, thanks Christa. Look forward to putting up my concept.

Clio

Quote from: Armanda Honey on November 04, 2009, 04:38:56 PM
I love Dark Dreams or Stories! hehehe

Quote from: Bella on November 04, 2009, 04:46:22 PM
*nods head* yep, all good here! ;)

And I kind of like Dark Love or Dark Tales Oooor, what about Stories ( or Tales) of Dark Love..

--------------

Dark Love: 2
Dark Tales: 1
Dark Dreams: 2
Dark Stories: 1

Dark Lust: 0

Tales of Dark Love: 1
Stories of Dark Love: 1

---------

Rachubka

Autumn52

Thanks Christa, and I would love to be paired with despickable.

My vote for the title goes to Dark Stories
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Clio

--------------

Dark Love: 3
Dark Tales: 1
Dark Dreams: 2
Dark Stories: 2

Dark Lust: 0

Tales of Dark Love: 1
Stories of Dark Love: 1

---------

LadySky

Dark Clown and I are pairing up! *waits for him to confirm*  ;D
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Rachubka