Question about Offsite Links.....

Started by Haruki, June 02, 2011, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haruki

I had a little snafu with this sometime back and was reminded of the rules here.  According to those, I understand that I can't link to sites that take one off of E! in the PUBLIC forums (ie: the left-most column set of boards), or in my sig.  I ~CAN~ put it in the contact panel at the left, and I make note of this in my requests.

My question though is about my O/Os thread, which is not seen by those who are just lurkers (guests) or registered users who are not verified.  I am wondering if I could link to pages in my O/O thread?

The reason I bring this up is because I made a simple set of webpages on a free host (Google Sites namely......I'm not paying for a domain, space, and bandwidth for a site of this type) for my RP materials.......writing samples, character profiles, and so on, that I wish to bring here for some writing and games.  To convert all that HTML to E!'s BBcode would be, to say the least, time-consuming, when I already have it all set up and organized out there.

Thank you in advance for any answers / suggestions.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Elina

Actually, the sig isn't visible to non-members, but the left panel is.

My understanding is that the O/Os are as well.  I know because once an applicant brought up that she'd looked at mine.  That's the grid one.  The thread O/Os aren't visible to applicants.

With some sites, you have to link back to E.

Haruki

Mmm, I see.  The trouble is, because the pages are on Google Sites, I'd have to first flag it as "Adult" (which it is not) before I could link back to E!.  Not that I couldn't do this....I've detached myself from any non-adult RP communities online, because I outgrew them.

Even so, it's just a basic little RP materials site that has non-adult profiles and writing samples, so I'm not sure it would be necessary to link back.  I wouldn't be putting any writing samples from here onto there for 'obvious' reasons.

That's news to me that sigs are no longer visible to non-members.  I already link my E-related essential threads there.  I suppose it's okay to link it there?

I figured that out about the grid O/O profiles (the tab at the top of the page) long ago.....one day I could link to my site, and the next, the url tags broke.  Understandable if those are viewable by all.

Heh, I know this is a lot, but I'm just trying to figure out what's okay and what's not before I push forwards.
=====
My Introduction
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====

Saerrael

For linking back you could use something in the lines of 'I RP at Elliquiy.' that links to elliquiy.com, Haruki. I think I have that on Ygallery, for one.

Haruki

Ahh okie.  Well that's simple enough.  :)

-----
(PS:  Nice ava, Saerra.  Where do you people find this stuff?  I'm still a bit into anime and jRPGs, but all the current stuff in galleries depicts too-young'ish looks/traits that aim straight at the creepy sub-set of fandom.  I'm in the process of updating some characters and make new ones...but since I can't draw worth a hoot, I'd need images that depict someone who's clearly mature (physically) but still has that air of youthfulness to them.  I'm horrible at images hunting, and I know most (if not all) anime-style art is not going to have that.  (yours isn't that style though, and it's the sort of style I'm trying to pin down....to get away from the drawn art I have on hand.)

It's sad for myself since I used to be able to find all sorts of that stuff.  It's how I found my avatar image, also doubles as an OC of mine I would like to bring to E! for some writings.)
=====
My Introduction
=====

Saerrael

It's all about the simple *nods sagely* Less is more and such.

___

I found this beauty through Ygallery and following an artist around. I love this artist, but not much of his work is usable for me, personally.
If you're looking for anime guys, try http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/. Though it's a huge site and might take quite a while to dig through.
Also, you will need to sign up to see adult images (kinda like Elliquiy, in a way).
(If you want I could PM you the full version of this avatar.)

I think Tumbl is a good place for images, too. Not using it myself, though.

Haruki

Saerra, thank you for the suggestion for my site, and the links.  Saves me from wasting hours on Google (plus their Images server only picks up stuff from Flickr, Photobucket, and whatever their spiders catch.  Most of the better image galleries of course, block those spiders, and for good reason.

I don't think I'll be needing adult imagery.  I'm content with my characters starting fully clothed.  ^_~

I think I need a different search engine though.  The more I find out about this stuff, the less I like the big "G".  :P

Thanks again.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Saerrael

Just be sure, if you do make a Yg account, to read the ToS and link back to Elli >.> <.<

Blitzy

Elina... If you click the box (for the grid O/O's) that says 'Private' non-members won't be able to see it. >_>
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Haruki

I linked back to E! on my site's mainpage....wasn't sure where to stick it.....it's on the bottom at the moment.

Otherwise, I think I am set then.  Unless someone else has something else I need to know.

Ooh.....THAT"s what the private box does?  I didn't know that.

Learn something new every day.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Saerrael

Elina

Quote from: Blitzy on June 02, 2011, 09:32:22 PM
Elina... If you click the box (for the grid O/O's) that says 'Private' non-members won't be able to see it. >_>
I know.  :)

Caeli

Just a clarification, since nobody seems to have mentioned it: the part about linking back to Elliquiy from a site is only applicable to off-site links in your signature.

You are really welcome to link anywhere and everywhere in private sections of Elliquiy, like your Ons and Offs and such. You certainly don't have to put a link to Elliquiy from the site that you're linking to, though we encourage it. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Haruki

It just came to my mind just now that I did indeed ask about this some time back, as I had the link in a backup document that I copied and pasted parts of to my O/O thread.  (I like to type things out in Word and the like before posting to spell check and stuff.)

I added the link anyways on the homepage, so I may well now put a link to it in my sig too.

I appreciate all you folks' help in reminding me none-the-less, plus it gets the advice out there to other newbies anyways, so it's all good.
=====
My Introduction
=====