The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(DnD 3.5 High to Epic Level)[Currently Full]

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 18, 2009, 06:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Adan on February 26, 2009, 09:59:33 AM
Delta, I'd love a PM with those lists you were talking about, or better yet, email it to jburns@ccsg3.navy.mil.

Also, for anyone who'd like to view it, here's the rough draft of my char, Half-Dragon Minotaur Fighter. *lick*

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110682

The only glaring error I see so far is the BAB- he only has 3 attacks, 11/6/1
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Cuffs

Ooops, I threw his "Speed" enhancement on everything.  I'll fix that right quick.  Thanks. :) I look forward to playing, and I'll get background and story in their shortly.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Okay, finished history so I'm posting that and my character sheet again.  Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110257

History:
My name is not Xulauniir.  I will say that up front, but I will not tell you my real name.  I abandoned that name years ago, when I left my hometown.  I will tell you of my childhood, but that is merely so that you understand my life.  My mother and father were normal for elves.  He was a mage and minor enchanter, not especially powerful.  My mother was a simple seamstress, making many of the garments in town.  I'm the second child, my older sister taking a respected position in the local druid grove.  I can't say that my childhood was too unusual, except for my talent for sorcery set me apart.  Most elves prefer wizardry, but I couldn't study it for long.  It was too restrictive, too linear for me to utilize, when the power inside of me was burning to be released.  The others my age were not kind to me when they learned of my talent.  I will say that the adults and teachers were understanding, but I finally ran away from home at the age of seventy-five, tired of the minor persecution I was under.  I left behind my birth name then, not wanting to be found.  It was then, roaming through the cities of humans, that I met her.
Nimirah was different from any elf I'd ever met.  She was beautiful, golden hair running down her back and dancing blue eyes more expressive than any I've ever seen.  She was also a powerful sorcerer and cleric, taking me on as a student in her travels.  I eventually became her lover, even as I became more powerful in my art, summoning creatures to aid us.  It was during this time that I was shocked to find out that Nimirah was drow, one of the race I had been taught was utterly evil.  I came to understand that while most of her race was evil, Nimirah had chosen a different path, instead working with a thieves guild on the surface world.  I didn't know what to make of it, but then things changed dramatically.  Nimirah was murdered by a party of 'good' heroes that saw through her disguise.  I... didn't react well.  I exploded, in fact.  I took up the book that she had given me, the Vital Pact, and went to the thieves guild, joining its ranks.
I studied and learned, tracking down information on this group of adventurers, learning as much of them as I could.  I summoned Maisiiran, a brachina, more commonly known as a pleasure devil.  She helped me grieve fro Nimirah, and, having successfully summoned a devil, I summoned Letrias, a lilitu, and set her on the paladin and cleric of the adventurers.  She destroyed both of them, but eventually figured out that I had tricked her into killing them for my own revenge.  I barely remember the night when I was seduced by a beautiful elven woman who seemed to know everything I wanted.  I next summoned Letrias a month later for the remaining adventurers, and she said she would do as I asked on one condition.  I had to “bring the child to term.” Her answer to my surprised questions was, “Do you want to know what happened a month ago, or do you want a surprise in 23 months?”  It took me some time to give an answer, and I accepted her terms.  Though I was still surprised when Firanawyn was born.  She was a natural shapeshifter at least, making it much simpler to hide her wings and tail.
I've spent much of my time since raising my daughter and aiding in the guild's activities.  Much of my life has been turned to ashes, and now I'm just concerned with making certain that no one can take someone so important to me from me again.  To do that I need power, and the reward on Damian Nightstrider would be a good start on such.  Those who get in the way had best be prepared to suffer what consequences there will be.  I'm not going to let my heart be broken again.

ShamshielDF

Sorry about the delay in replying to this...work has been astoundingly hectic the last week. 

I'm currently working on a sheet for Firanwyn, daughter of Xulauniir.  She's a...work in progress at the moment.  Hopefully I'll have her ready by the end of the weekend ^_^
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, very nice :). I assume you make her as tiefling? Or use WotC player designed race details for cambion? Cambion at least has wings and is half-fiendish ascend like tieflings but much more closer bloodline to the fiendish father/mother.

Mnemaxa

Question:  How much XP do we have?  Halfway to next level?  Quart to next level?  I ask because two of my powers burn experience, and I like to know what the real penalty for it is....

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Cuffs

So my character is done, save for story and the like.  Only question I have is HP...are we doing max HP for each dice or actually rolling it?

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 28, 2009, 04:47:18 AM
Question:  How much XP do we have?  Halfway to next level?  Quart to next level?  I ask because two of my powers burn experience, and I like to know what the real penalty for it is....

I was thinking about that, since I want to make it easier for monsters to use buyoff and still be useful. The number I'm playing with is 10k toward the next level.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on February 28, 2009, 03:36:07 PM
I was thinking about that, since I want to make it easier for monsters to use buyoff and still be useful. The number I'm playing with is 10k toward the next level.

Sounds fine to me.  For those without books, that is 130,000; 120,000 for 16th, and 136,000 for 17th.  (Because you will not find this information outside of WotC itself).

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Myrleena

Cool, that means Shamshiel can buy off both of the fey'ri level adjustment without starting at 14th level. ^_^
I'm also curious on the Hit Point question, but I've been assuming average HP. (2.5 HP per level = equals Gaaah. Thank the gods for Con bonuses.)

Mystic Dragon

Since I wasn't expecting so many full sheets to come with applications, I admit I hadn't thought about hp method yet. Let me put on my thinking cap.

Josietta

If i may offer a suggestion.. In my Epic TT game I use the system of.. half your hit points +2 , every level past 1,  no die rolling necessary for HP, and first level is always full HP.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Mystic Dragon

Ok, it sounds like we are winding down where interested applicants are concerned. That being the case, if anyone has a preference regarding sexual content, please state it now, otherwise I'm placing this as NC Exotic, and anything considered legal by Elliquiy rules can and might happen. I will be refreshing myself on the rules in that regard, and if you are unsure of the legality of an action in a post, please check the rules
before posting it. Unfortunately, it seems I can't edit posts(still a forum newbie), so if there is a problem with content, I'll PM you.

Front page is updated with HP rules. If I haven't answered anything, either by PM or post, please let me know.

Zaer Darkwail

You haven't replied to my PM's to approve my char application (plus cohort) nor answered is my char okay for your game or not :P. Aha, fey'ri! Well that is good race for cohort :).

stellaru

Sunday

Finally finished the character sheet with Mz's help. :3 probably draw up a character picture sometime during the week. So I give you Nero. I know I said I was debating on whether to change his name.... And probably would have done so if I hadn't drawn him a character picture when I originally made his character xD. picture can be found here I'm gona re-do it though in pen cause the painted version doesn't satisfy me.
For the sake of avoiding confusion though, anyone is free to refer to Nero by his last name if they wish, I just can't change his first >.> it's beyond me.

Cuffs

I -should- be able to post at least once a day, but I am in the Navy and things do happen.  So, know that I'll at least by trying my damndest for once a day minimum.

As for sexual preferences, my O/Os explain it rather well for me personally.  To cope with that, Mnemaxa and I have worked our characters into an interesting partnership that all will see as the game progresses (Don't want to give any fun mysteries away.)  However, suffice it to say, I don't expect my mino to engage in any sexual activities, though if it happens around him, *shrug* I don't mind that.  I just won't be actively engaged in -sexual- activity (unless the story will absolutely 100% die without it, lol.)  Also, considering the LA buyoff, I'm going to have to review how that works, as I -may- have a couple more levels from it...not sure, but I'll figure it out in just a short while.

If anyone needs anything else, let me know!

And thanks for updating the rules, Mystic. :)

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Oh, I forgot to mention that I should be able to post once a day, maybe twice.

Delta Echo

I can usually post multiple times a day, although sometimes on weekends I get dragged off by Mom the Prude. >_>

As for content, the o/o's also work for me. Beyond them, basically if it looks like the story is about to go somewhere I'd rather it didn't, I'll be a squeaky wheel about it.  :P
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

BlueMary

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, I myself can post quite often. Around 1-5 times a day, depends what time of the day postings occur. O/O wise I am quite open on things.

MzNurse

I can usually post once or twice a day, more on weekends.  and...hello...I'm playing twin sex slaves, Mystic.  Trust me, if I don't like where its going, you'll know...
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

PhantomPistoleer

Yay!  I got more books.

Curious:  are you permitting the Book of Nine Swords?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 01, 2009, 08:30:49 AM
Yay!  I got more books.

Curious:  are you permitting the Book of Nine Swords?

Weeboo book of fightin' magic is no problem. Same rules apply, though- Good combos, fine, Loophole or broken combos, bad.