New Year GM Resolution Poll 2

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 05, 2019, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Now this poll is continuation from this poll. Now main prime question is what type of game I run in 3.5 edition. Naturally even if a 'theme' or 'type' is picked it will likely have elements from other types and themes. But it would stick on main theme or type voted in above. Now to explain some choices in above what they mean;

• Classic Venture: There is a hero (one PC's chosen as 'chosen one' while rest fill role of supporting cast). Now role of 'chosen one' is not meant to demean other chars. Think it like someone playing Bilbo in Lord of Rings and rest of players play Fellowship of the Ring (someone able play Gandalf, someone as Aragorn etc). Overall type/theme is classic hero's journey in the world and defeating some big bad. Applications when they start ask applicants give protagonist idea and support char (or just support char if not interested on protagonist role). So plot heavy game.
  • Horror: The game would focus on horror and concentrating on player chars facing horror elements as regular theme. With chance player chars can die....some even returning as future villains depending on circumstances. It would have survival theme as well. If you vote for horror, please post and mention which horror from this list you had in mind?
  • They met in tavern: Basically most clichĂȘ starting point; bunch of strangers meet in tavern in crossroads and then by some flimsy red thread they go on first series of adventures together. Now overarching plot will not be apparent in start but be heavily player ambition driven and following side quests provided by GM (or quests generated by PC's themselves).
  • Intrigue&Secrets: This game would be plot heavy and focus more on social interactions, politics, investigation, discovering secrets and exposing conspiracies and solving puzzles/crimes/mysteries. More and less fantasy equivalent of film noir mixed with Indiana Jones mystery/exploring.
  • Kick doors and teeth in: A straight action game which focuses simple and straightforward plots/stories. Campaign surrounding to dungeon crawling and perhaps participating in a war with clear enemy and goals needed to be met overall.
  • We need adults: In short game which focuses on more smutty aspects, have smut plots and romance. Also involves heavily relationships between PC's, NPC's and PC vs NPC etc. Also touch of comedy elements and overall game not being serious.

Sain

PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Zaer Darkwail

I try pin down main theme. Example if you vote classic venture, you do get do smutty stuff :). But smut stuff will not be focus. I can introduce a horror as one side stories or part of greater plot some point. Or there can be one big mystery needing solved with action story (which solves itself out by collecting clues example which are hidden in dungeons).

Red Leaf

Voted horror, with specific sub-preferences off that list for body horror and possession horror (particularly the latter).

What? Just because I saw your reference to the Midnight Occultist (which I love so much) doesn't mean I have a thing for weird stories about strange spiritual entities inhabiting folks' bodies. Honest, gov!

Zaer Darkwail

Nice you liked that PrC :). Plan use it during application? As game is going to be +8 level so you can squeeze into any PrC you like (few exceptions counted like Sublime Chord etc). Anyways if most horror votes leave no preferred subtype, I then mix and blend all horror elements into story (body, possession, slash fic, psychological etc). But as mentioned I will mix variety of things into story despite what main theme is chosen (and all votes are taken account, so if secondary highest theme was a smut then there will be more erotic elements added to main theme).

So even if it's 1 vote the every vote counts how I plan/format the story/game overall. Anyways 11 votes so far (mine included), I spot poll around +20 (or when first theme gets solid 9-10 in it).

Ampere

Secrets and intrigue seem like an interesting mix, I fancy a bit of cloak and dagger for a change.
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Zaer Darkwail

*checks poll*

So far situation is 2 votes for classic venture, 4 for horror, 3 for intrigue and 4 for we need adults. So mix of cloak/dagger mixed with cthulhu horror/gothic with smexy times is what most folks seem to want atm. But voting is still on and any of these can win if +6 votes go to any other poll options (but still would take account folks want more intrigue, horror and smexy times despite what main theme is). Classic venture is least liked so far (but in that sense 'chosen one' in horror scenario would be weird experiment).

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, now votes are going pretty even. Also considering earlier vote poll had 2 votes per voter so we have +5 more voters from before. Still waiting more votes to get final decision (as now four themes/styles are even).

Zaer Darkwail

Now need couple more....but if no more show up in next day then I close this poll.

Voidknight

Zaer Darkwail

Okay voting is over now. The final results were;

Classic Venture: 4
Horror: 4
They met in tavern: 0
Intrigue&Secrets: 6
Kick doors and teeth in: 1
We need adults: 6

So overall game of choice is intrigue/secrets mixed with smut/relationships, with touch of 'chosen one' and horror elements. Sprinkle some straightforward fighting/action. So this will be theme/style recipe for the game which will be set on custom fantasy world setting. Folks are welcome to participate and comment on it's creation in here. Plan overall is to make one or two posts per day in world building and then collect all info together on reserved posts. Thank you all for voting!