The Asylum (NC, EX, & BDSM) RESTARTED! Now a big game!

Started by persephone325, July 29, 2012, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Attempting to restart this again. Players really seemed to enjoy this game, and I feel like it burned out too soon. Hopefully some fresh faces will change that! ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Angaroo

I'd be interested in playing one of the patients.  :-)

persephone325

Quote from: Angaroo on October 22, 2013, 03:53:43 AM
I'd be interested in playing one of the patients.  :-)

Feel free to submit a character sheet! ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

persephone325

Quote from: Christa McGinn on October 22, 2013, 09:21:35 AM
Are we starting over, or continuing?

We can have all the storylines we were playing out continue, if the current players wish. I know I'd like to continue the plots you and I had.

If the current players would like to start fresh with their characters, then that's fine too. They should just let everyone know in the plot thread, especially if their character was involved in a plot with another character.

Does that make sense? lol
I don't know.

Hazel

Room for one more patient?

Name: Aaron Caragle
Orientation: Straight
Illness(s): Schizophrenia, Sleep Disorder
Appearance: 
How did you end up here?: Aaron always seemed like a happy child growing up. Always smiling and full of energy despite growing up poor, and having barely anything. He was always talking to people and causing a fuss, being a general hyperactive child. Then he started to go quiet. He was talking less and less and socializing just as much. The thing is he always had problems when he was growing up, they were just now getting to the point where they started to heavily manifest. His family never talked about it to people outside of it. He would wake up screaming in the middle of the night, saying that someone was there or trying to get him. This happened sporadically though, so it was easy to keep under wraps. As he got older though he started to realize something was wrong though. He thought these nightmares were caused by forces outside of normal control. Soon they started to manifest in his waking world in the dark. They watched him as he slept making noises only he could hear it seemed. This caused him a great deal of stress, and because he couldn't reach out to anyone, he became cold and started to fall in and not seek help. It all came to a peak one night, when he was home alone. His parents had come home to a massacre of everything thing. to say the least they were very scared now of what he would do. So they sent him away, to get rid of him and his problems so he can come back and join them.
Personality: Very cold to everyone. Can be a smart ass at times. Doesn't like to socialize at all, and when he's forced to says very little and would rather listen. Is very calm most of the time, unless placed in the dark or at night when sleeping. Can be very angry when he gets scared, but will fall into place easily. Has trouble telling the difference between nightmare and realities at times..
Anything Else?: No potty anything really.

Now with a face.

Clio

You can use my model thread to request help with his appearance.

As for me, I'll be reprising my roles of Dr. Chaucer and Angel. Although I wouldn't mind starting over if that would work better.

rpguy37

[tr][td]

[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Clio

Prince Truhan will likely want to come back, but he hasn't been able to be online much recently due to RL. I'll let him know about it, though.

Angaroo

Name: Dawn Harvey
Orientation: Bisexual
Illness(s): Misophonia, IED, Tourette Syndrome (Coprolalia), NPD, OCD, Pseudologia fantastica 
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

How did you end up here?: Ever since Dawn was old enough to talk, it was apparent that something wasn't exactly right about her. She was diagnosed with coprolalia and IED at a very young age, and her condition didn't help her in school at all. The other kids would call her names whenever she would swear and, more often than not, the teachers would scold her about how her language was inappropriate and that she was just doing it for attention. This would usually lead Dawn to have extremely violent breakdowns and either hit other students and teachers, throw/break objects or scream profanities at everyone.

It didn't much better when Dawn entered into high school. She was put into a classroom with a bunch of others who also had special needs which her parents believed would help her focus. Instead, it did the exact opposite. On the first day, Dawn already burst out into a rage, claiming that one of the other students was breathing to heavily. The first day, the teacher was forgiving of her behavior and let her off with a warning. The months that followed continued on without incident. The teachers were saying that Dawn was doing good in her classes and that her outbursts were subsiding. During that time, Dawn was diagnosed with a severe case of misophonia, severe OCD, and a mild case of narcissistic personality disorder. Despite the diagnosis, Dawn's parents were still content that their daughter was finally having a normal high-school teenager life.

Then something set her off, and this time it was more than usual. Dawn asked to be excused from class to get something to drink, to which to teacher agreed. A few minutes later, screaming could be heard coming from the girls bathroom. When the teacher ran from the classroom, there was already a group of students surrounding the bathroom entrance, most of which looked mortified. Quickly making his way through the crowd, the teacher saw Dawn on top of another, now unconscious, female student repeatedly punching her face in. Grabbing Dawn off of the girl, the teacher quickly told somebody to call the police. While the group of students and teachers all checked up on the students, Dawn's teacher called her parents and let them in on what just happened.

The next day, Dawn, her parents, her teacher, the police, and the principal all had a discussion. The girl Dawn had beat was in critical condition, although doctors said that they were sure that she was going to make it. However, that didn't change the severity of the situation. After a brief discussion, it was decided that Dawn was to be admitted to a mental hospital in order to cure her anger issues. Dawn, unsurprisingly, disapproved saying that she was 'not going to live in some shitty-ass shithole with a bunch of psychopaths'. However, her reaction was reassurance to everyone that she needed help. The next day, her parents drove her to the hospital, along with her belongings.

Personality: Living up to her NPD, Dawn thinks she is better than everyone and she will let you know that. She has absolutely no sympathy for anyone or anything and, although she wasn't always like that, her time in the hospital has only caused this to become worse. Because she is above everyone else, everything around her has to be to her liking and if it isn't, she will change it. If anyone touches or takes anything from her room, she will become incredibly upset/angry. Her misophonia can cause her to burst out in rage as well. Whenever Dawn eats, she has to eat by herself because the sound of anyone else chewing besides her will frustrate her. The sound of brushing teeth, floorboards creaking, knocking on doors/surfaces, fork on plate/nails on chalkboard, and heavy breathing are just a few sounds that Dawn absolutely hates. Despite all this, Dawn can easily have a conversation with someone if they abide by everything she says. It should be noted that, even when she isn't angry, Dawn still swears.

Anything Else?: Like I mentioned before, Dawn will swear even when she is not angry. I also want to mention that she tends to lie and swear a lot more when she is angry.

TeacupTwink

Color me interested, if you don't get any curious men I suppose I wouldn't mind playing a female nurse?  :-)

persephone325

Quote from: Christa McGinn on October 23, 2013, 11:13:42 AM
You can use my model thread to request help with his appearance.

As for me, I'll be reprising my roles of Dr. Chaucer and Angel. Although I wouldn't mind starting over if that would work better.

So will your other doctor be gone for good? Or do you just want to place him inactive for now?

And would you still want to continue our plot with Angel and Yuka, and Yuka with Ellie? Or would you just want to start over again?

Quote from: rpguy37 on October 23, 2013, 12:18:42 PM
I'm in to continue!

No problem!

Quote from: Christa McGinn on October 23, 2013, 12:22:16 PM
Prince Truhan will likely want to come back, but he hasn't been able to be online much recently due to RL. I'll let him know about it, though.

OK. Thank you. ^^

Quote from: Angaroo on October 23, 2013, 02:21:28 PM
Name: Dawn Harvey
Orientation: Bisexual
Illness(s): Misophonia, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, Coprolalia, Narcissistic personality disorder, OCD 
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
How did you end up here?: Ever since Dawn was old enough to talk, it was apparent that something wasn't exactly right about her. She was diagnosed with coprolalia and IED at a very young age, and her condition didn't help her in school at all. The other kids would call her names whenever she would swear and, more often than not, the teachers would scold her about how her language was inappropriate and that she was just doing it for attention. This would usually lead Dawn to have extremely violent breakdowns and either hit other students and teachers, throw/break objects or scream profanities at everyone.

It didn't much better when Dawn entered into high school. She was put into a classroom with a bunch of others who also had special needs which her parents believed would help her focus. Instead, it did the exact opposite. On the first day, Dawn already burst out into a rage, claiming that one of the other students was breathing to heavily. The first day, the teacher was forgiving of her behavior and let her off with a warning. The months that followed continued on without incident. The teachers were saying that Dawn was doing good in her classes and that her outbursts were subsiding. During that time, Dawn was diagnosed with a severe case of misophonia, severe OCD, and a mild case of narcissistic personality disorder. Despite the diagnosis, Dawn's parents were still content that their daughter was finally having a normal high-school teenager life.

Then something set her off, and this time it was more than usual. Dawn asked to be excused from class to get something to drink, to which to teacher agreed. A few minutes later, screaming could be heard coming from the girls bathroom. When the teacher ran from the classroom, there was already a group of students surrounding the bathroom entrance, most of which looked mortified. Quickly making his way through the crowd, the teacher saw Dawn on top of another, now unconscious, female student repeatedly punching her face in. Grabbing Dawn off of the girl, the teacher quickly told somebody to call the police. While the group of students and teachers all checked up on the students, Dawn's teacher called her parents and let them in on what just happened.

The next day, Dawn, her parents, her teacher, the police, and the principal all had a discussion. The girl Dawn had beat was in critical condition, although doctors said that they were sure that she was going to make it. However, that didn't change the severity of the situation. After a brief discussion, it was decided that Dawn was to be admitted to a mental hospital in order to cure her anger issues. Dawn, unsurprisingly, disapproved saying that she was 'not going to live in some shitty-ass shithole with a bunch of psychopaths'. However, her reaction was reassurance to everyone that she needed help. The next day, her parents drove her to the hospital, along with her belongings.

Personality: Living up to her NPD, Dawn thinks she is better than everyone and she will let you know that. She has absolutely no sympathy for anyone or anything and, although she wasn't always like that, her time in the hospital has only caused this to become worse. Because she is above everyone else, everything she touches has to be perfect and, if it isn't, she will change it to her liking. If anyone touches or takes anything from her room, she will become incredibly angry. Her misophonia can cause her to burst out in rage as well. Whenever Dawn eats, she has to eat by herself because the sound of anyone else besides her will frustrate her. The sound of brushing teeth, floorboards creaking, knocking on doors/surfaces, fork on plate/nails on chalkboard, and heavy breathing are just a few sounds that Dawn absolutely hates. Despite all this, Dawn can easily have a conversation with someone if they abide by everything she says. It should be noted that, even when she isn't angry, Dawn still swears.

Anything Else?: Nope

Thank you! I'll get her set up in a room soon. :-)

Quote from: TeacupTwink on October 23, 2013, 02:22:57 PM
Color me interested, if you don't get any curious men I suppose I wouldn't mind playing a female nurse?  :-)

Whatever you're most comfortable with. ;)

Quote from: Charles on October 23, 2013, 08:34:09 AM
Room for one more patient?

Name: Aaron Caragle
Orientation: Straight
Illness(s): Schizophrenia, Sleep Disorder
Appearance: 
How did you end up here?: Aaron always seemed like a happy child growing up. Always smiling and full of energy despite growing up poor, and having barely anything. He was always talking to people and causing a fuss, being a general hyperactive child. Then he started to go quiet. He was talking less and less and socializing just as much.The thing is he always had problems when he was growing up, they were just now getting to the point where they started to heavily manifest. His family never talked about it to people outside of it. He would wake up screaming in the middle of the night, saying that someone was there or trying to get him. This happened sporadically though, so it was easy to keep under wraps. As he got older though he started to realize something was wrong though. he thought these nightmares were caused by forces outside of normal control. Soon they started to manifest in his waking world in the dark. They watched him as he slept making noises only he could hear it seemed. This caused him a great deal of stress and because he couldn't reach out to anyone, he became cold and started to fall in and not seek help. It all came to a peak one night, when he was home alone. His parents had come home to a massacre of everything thing. to say the least they were very scared now of what he would do. So they sent him away, to get rid of him and his problems so he can come back and join them.
Personality: Very cold to everyone. Can be a smart ass at times. Doesn't like to socialize at all, and when he's forced to says very little and would rather listen. Is very calm most of the time, unless placed in the dark or at night when sleeping. Can be very angry when he gets scared, but will fall into place easily. Has trouble telling the difference between nightmare and realities at times..
Anything Else?: No potty anything really.

Now with a face.

* persephone325 melts at the sight of Jared Leto

Haha! I'll get a room for him soon.

ANNOUNCEMENT
For those of you just joining, I'd like to say thank you for giving this a shot! For all the returning members, thank you for sticking with me through the hard times, and the inactivity. Without you guys, I wouldn't have thought to restart this game.
I don't know.

Clio

Quote from: persephone325 on October 23, 2013, 04:29:55 PM
So will your other doctor be gone for good? Or do you just want to place him inactive for now?

And would you still want to continue our plot with Angel and Yuka, and Yuka with Ellie? Or would you just want to start over again?

No problem!

OK. Thank you. ^^

Thank you! I'll get her set up in a room soon. :-)

Whatever you're most comfortable with. ;)

* persephone325 melts at the sight of Jared Leto

Haha! I'll get a room for him soon.

ANNOUNCEMENT
For those of you just joining, I'd like to say thank you for giving this a shot! For all the returning members, thank you for sticking with me through the hard times, and the inactivity. Without you guys, I wouldn't have thought to restart this game.

Haha. Well, I think I'd rather not play him...at least for right now. If someone else wants to take over Dr. Sanford, though, I would be totally alright with that. And since you have another Jared Leto lookalike, then I don't feel too guilty. ;)

I think it was mainly friends/protectiveness with Yuka and Angel, and Ellie wanting to help Yuka. Right? Actually, both my characters are very much trying to protect Yuka. Lol.

I can update the character thread soon, and put inactive for the ones who haven't posted yet in this new version. The rest I'll put as background.

persephone325

Quote from: Christa McGinn on October 24, 2013, 12:35:36 PM
Haha. Well, I think I'd rather not play him...at least for right now. If someone else wants to take over Dr. Sanford, though, I would be totally alright with that. And since you have another Jared Leto lookalike, then I don't feel too guilty. ;)

I think it was mainly friends/protectiveness with Yuka and Angel, and Ellie wanting to help Yuka. Right? Actually, both my characters are very much trying to protect Yuka. Lol.

I can update the character thread soon, and put inactive for the ones who haven't posted yet in this new version. The rest I'll put as background.

Yeah. They were both pretty protective of her. Haha. If you want to discuss it more, we could talk in the plot thread, or in PMs.

However you want to deal with Sanford is fine with me. If you want to give him up to someone else, feel free. ^^
I don't know.

Prince Truhan

Phibes and Fien will be back. Did I miss anything or is this still in process?

persephone325

Quote from: Prince Truhan on October 24, 2013, 09:08:51 PM
Phibes and Fien will be back. Did I miss anything or is this still in process?

No. Nothing. This hasn't "officially" restarted yet. So don't worry. ^^
I don't know.

TeacupTwink

Name: Aylin Channing
Alias:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 138
Body Type: Slightly pear shaped, her perky and plump breast are a little small but her wide curves of her lower half and smooth thighs leading up to her round behind make up for it on some levels.
Race: Human / Caucasian /  Russian descent
Orientation: Straight, hints at bisexuality only to arouse men.
Specialty: Psychiatric , specifically Schizophrenic & Bipolar due to them being quite common in her line of work.
Years of experience: 2 years
History: Aylin was adopted from Russia at the age of six. Immediately from then living in New York with her mother, a lounge singer and father the owner of a great bar club. Not quite rich, but well off. She grew up wanting very little, by the age of thirteen everything had been gone. A fire set had left it being only she and her mother. The fire blazed the club to ruin, they could no longer afford their home. Her mother eventually ended up leaving her after two years of nothing going the right way and stayed in rehab for her alcohol addiction. Aylin living with her grandmother during this period of time living off a middle-class lifestyle. It wasn't enough for her, she wanted more than she ever had.

To put herself through school originally to be a psychiatrist, her grandmother funded a decent amount of what she had. Aylin having to work as a maid for a decent amount of time to fund her schooling. This only ending in her being a Mistress on the side with an ongoing affair with her boss. That relationship however ended after she had gotten some of her schooling done. The man funding a decent amount of her schooling cut her off, trying to make things right with his wife. She in the end took the shorter route of becoming a nurse.
Personality: An arrogant, sensual deviant. Aylin is cocky, intelligent and devious. She'll do anything to get her way, often making her manipulative. She uses men to get things for herself, perhaps she gets a bit of pleasure out of dominating men now and again?
Anything Else?: She's a curious sadist, often easily angered.

persephone325

OK. Dawn is in room 1 and Aaron is in room 6.

The characters haven't been added to the character list yet, because that's Christa's area. ^^ But feel free to start a post, and I'll see who of my characters can interact with you guys.
I don't know.

Clio

Sorry. I've been busy lately. I should be able to do some tomorrow or Wednesday.

persephone325

Quote from: Christa McGinn on October 28, 2013, 07:06:11 PM
Sorry. I've been busy lately. I should be able to do some tomorrow or Wednesday.

It's fine. I'm not rushing you or anything. ^^
I don't know.

Angaroo

So, what Day & Time is it in the IC thread? Did we plan on restarting to Morning/Day 1 or do we want to continue on with Evening/Day 7?

persephone325

Quote from: Angaroo on October 29, 2013, 12:17:28 AM
So, what Day & Time is it in the IC thread? Did we plan on restarting to Morning/Day 1 or do we want to continue on with Evening/Day 7?

I don't want to start over completely. I think I'll just have everyone skip to day 10. That would give us a fresh start with old characters, and the new ones wouldn't feel left out in anyway.

That being said, the new characters don't have to have been there from the start. It's perfectly normal for them to come in during the middle of something. So if you feel lost, it's perfectly normal. We try to keep a running log of what's happening in the OOC/Plot threads. Hopefully, you won't feel lost for long.

We also use "fuzzy time". So you're character can be in multiple places at once. But not during the same time. You can have your character in their room in the morning, and also in the day room in late afternoon.
I don't know.

AndyZ

Name: Jacob Conners
Orientation: Heterosexual
Illness(s): Jake has the curious illness where he doesn't accept a woman's refusal to have sex with him.  He seems to believe that they're playing games or being coy and that he really understands what they want, but wouldn't demean their virtue by forcing them to beg or admit their desires.

Although he can go for some time without any ill behavior, the trigger seems to be his own arousal.  He doesn't just believe every woman wants him but ends up under that impression (despite her insistence to the contrary) when he wants her.
Appearance:
How did you end up here?: Having developed this issue since puberty, his rich parents originally attempted to fight or hide his discretions, but it soon became clear that he was beyond their ability to handle.  He was brought to this asylum after raping the head cheerleader at his high school, though no one has been able to bring him to accept that she really didn't want him to follow her.
Personality: Other than his illness, he's not only normal but very friendly and kind.  He really doesn't understand why people would call him a rapist, because of course he wouldn't do such a thing if the girls didn't want him to.
Anything Else?: Since this can obviously be a touchy subject to RP, I (AndyZ) plan on PMing anyone that he goes after beforehand.  A great signal would be if she does something really sexy, especially if she doesn't realize how provocative it is.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

persephone325

Quote from: AndyZ on November 03, 2013, 10:32:55 PM
Name: Jacob Conners
Orientation: Heterosexual
Illness(s): Jake has the curious illness where he doesn't accept a woman's refusal to have sex with him.  He seems to believe that they're playing games or being coy and that he really understands what they want, but wouldn't demean their virtue by forcing them to beg or admit their desires.

Although he can go for some time without any ill behavior, the trigger seems to be his own arousal.  He doesn't just believe every woman wants him but ends up under that impression (despite her insistence to the contrary) when he wants her.
Appearance:
How did you end up here?: Having developed this issue since puberty, his rich parents originally attempted to fight or hide his discretions, but it soon became clear that he was beyond their ability to handle.  He was brought to this asylum after raping the head cheerleader at his high school, though no one has been able to bring him to accept that she really didn't want him to follow her.
Personality: Other than his illness, he's not only normal but very friendly and kind.  He really doesn't understand why people would call him a rapist, because of course he wouldn't do such a thing if the girls didn't want him to.
Anything Else?: Since this can obviously be a touchy subject to RP, I (AndyZ) plan on PMing anyone that he goes after beforehand.  A great signal would be if she does something really sexy, especially if she doesn't realize how provocative it is.

There's actually a name for this illness, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

Either way, I like him! He's approved. I'll assign him a room.
I don't know.

AndyZ

Crikey, I thought I'd completely made it up.

Glad he's liked though ^_^  A bit outside what I usually play but I'll give him a shot.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.