Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Okay all mighty as wise Dungeon Master whose wisdom is beyond question.  :D

Need to redo my character sheet need to shove some of this somewhere else that is a-lot of feats.

Karasu

hehe Well in any such case.. ahh Whose good wih the leadership thing? CAuse umm I've actually never used that feat before, and I don't quite understand it fully.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Zaer Darkwail

Leadership determined firstly level of your cohort what you can acquire, then it counts followers based on their levels (1st level, 2th level ones etc).

The score is combination of your level + charisma + modifiers. Modifiers this case apply +2 from having stronghold (followers only), some social behavior boosts also score (or lowers it). Then if your caster you get +1 additional bonus for having 'special power'. Also some traits can also boost leadership score or stuff regarding leadership.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 08, 2013, 02:08:16 PM
Leadership determined firstly level of your cohort what you can acquire, then it counts followers based on their levels (1st level, 2th level ones etc).

The score is combination of your level + charisma + modifiers. Modifiers this case apply +2 from having stronghold (followers only), some social behavior boosts also score (or lowers it). Then if your caster you get +1 additional bonus for having 'special power'. Also some traits can also boost leadership score or stuff regarding leadership.

I added it all up and my leadership is 31
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Karasu

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 08, 2013, 02:08:16 PM

My Brain hurts >.< Very much so..

Karasu

But ocording to the table I found on the website..  I have a 15 base score, and plus 2 modifer from having a stronghold, and another plus 1 because he is Fair and Generous.

I am not sure if "Has a familiar, special mount, or animal companion" Counts with an Eidolon

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Karasu on April 08, 2013, 02:25:41 PM

I am not sure if "Has a familiar, special mount, or animal companion" Counts with an Eidolon

I think that modifier only affects cohort recruitment.

Karasu

Then this should go: 18Leadership points    12th lvl Cohort    40 followers

Kolbrandr

Going to withdraw, wish you guys luck and hope the game goes well.

kckolbe

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 08, 2013, 02:17:09 PM
I added it all up and my leadership is 31

Wow!  Mind posting all the modifiers?  I thought I had the highest and I am not even close.

Also, Karasu, your cohort can not be higher than two levels below you, or one level below with improved cohort.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

who149

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 08, 2013, 09:38:57 AM
Yeah, I changed rules little from pathfinder core so that you get 1 feat per level instead every other level. As in campaign like this is feat starving (craft feats, leadership feats, class related feats, diplomacy/social based feats).

Wait really? Dang! I was doing the 3.5 thing! (1 feat every 3) So...WOW thats a lot of feats. And here I thought I was FINALLY almost done~ Lol.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: who149 on April 08, 2013, 07:20:48 PM
Wait really? Dang! I was doing the 3.5 thing! (1 feat every 3) So...WOW thats a lot of feats. And here I thought I was FINALLY almost done~ Lol.

Rejoyce! Feats are amazing!

who149

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 08, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
Rejoyce! Feats are amazing!

True, but I'm a fighter Varient. I felt all special having all these feats. Thinking "hah! These fucking Mages and shit think there so hot. With there spells. Well... I get a ton of feats. so HAH"

But now everyone gets a ton of feats, and now i'm sitting here thinking. "Well.. I guess I get a couple MORE feats then you still, even though at some point i'm going to probably end up having nothing to do with them and stuffing them in toughness or something"

I have a question. Do followers get feats? And if so, do they follow the same rules?

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Quote from: who149 on April 08, 2013, 07:29:29 PM
True, but I'm a fighter Varient. I felt all special having all these feats. Thinking "hah! These fucking Mages and shit think there so hot. With there spells. Well... I get a ton of feats. so HAH"

But now everyone gets a ton of feats, and now i'm sitting here thinking. "Well.. I guess I get a couple MORE feats then you still, even though at some point i'm going to probably end up having nothing to do with them and stuffing them in toughness or something"

I have a question. Do followers get feats? And if so, do they follow the same rules?

I just spammed improved feats and went with it.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

PaleEnchantress

Im so surprised people are mentioning they have trouble spending their feats. I'm sitting here with one feat per level plus 2 extra from being a wizard AND a follower that has the ability to let me borrow his feats and I'm still looking at my sheet going "Should I drop this feat so I can get that other one I really need? GAH SO HARD FIT IT ALL IN!" I swear I have so many I could really use that Zaer could have doubled the feats we get and I'd still be going "Oh MY Goddess! I wish I had room for this one!"

Edit: Though I admit with a feat per level this is one of the only games I'm playing where I feel like I don't even have enough feats to qualify for a prestige class.

who149

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 08, 2013, 07:36:44 PM
Im so surprised people are mentioning they have trouble spending their feats. I'm sitting here with one feat per level plus 2 extra from being a wizard AND a follower that has the ability to let me borrow his feats and I'm still looking at my sheet going "Should I drop this feat so I can get that other one I really need? GAH SO HARD FIT IT ALL IN!" I swear I have so many I could really use that Zaer could have doubled the feats we get and I'd still be going "Oh MY Goddess! I wish I had room for this one!"

Edit: Though I admit with a feat per level this is one of the only games I'm playing where I feel like I don't even have enough feats to qualify for a prestige class.

I guess what adds to everything feeling like its not enough, is that there is some PVP in this setting. Meaning each bonus is a double edged sword, and you feel that any misused feat selection will result in your downfall. This is a game, where a 17 charisma versus an 18, will ultimately decide your fate.

Of course, I may be melodramatic as I've been sitting here for about 4 hours trying too finish up all my followers, I barely touched my Stronghold. And now I just realized I need more work on my main and probably my followers a bit too.

I think I may need to take a break from this for a little bit.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Eh, improved spell penetration and improved lightning reflexes is always a good idea. Especially since clerics are always terrible with reflex saves, and now I get to reroll those. Muywhahahaha.

I also have overland flight for free. Nothing is more badass then a flying cleric.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: who149 on April 08, 2013, 07:42:26 PM
I guess what adds to everything feeling like its not enough, is that there is some PVP in this setting. Meaning each bonus is a double edged sword, and you feel that any misused feat selection will result in your downfall. This is a game, where a 17 charisma versus an 18, will ultimately decide your fate.

Of course, I may be melodramatic as I've been sitting here for about 4 hours trying too finish up all my followers, I barely touched my Stronghold. And now I just realized I need more work on my main and probably my followers a bit too.

With the campaign not starting for a while, I find it fun to build my character/folowers/ect over many days. Ive been scribbling down things In bed even.

Karasu

Quote from: who149 on April 08, 2013, 07:42:26 PM

I actually got into a light argument with Muse about Eidolons and their Evolution pools.. and I am not sure who won in that debat o.o

Oh gods.. the followers.. stronghold.. gah.. I am going to need help with this >.<

I know I get a lvl 10 cohort.. but I am not even sure how to begin this..

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Karasu on April 08, 2013, 08:54:00 PM
I actually got into a light argument with Muse about Eidolons and their Evolution pools.. and I am not sure who won in that debat o.o

Oh gods.. the followers.. stronghold.. gah.. I am going to need help with this >.<

I know I get a lvl 10 cohort.. but I am not even sure how to begin this..

Some people have teamed up with others and pooled resources. Like you could team up with someone, pale, muse, ect and let them handile the stronghold funds...

Karasu

I could so do that! mm Lets see.. Either someone evil could take advantage of his naivite.. or someone relaly good.. which to choose..

Anyone wanna team?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Karasu on April 08, 2013, 09:31:50 PM
I could so do that! mm Lets see.. Either someone evil could take advantage of his naivite.. or someone relaly good.. which to choose..

Anyone wanna team?

I was really hoping Kunoichi and her Lilitu would want too team with me...

Kunoichi

I'm thinking I probably will, actually. ^^ The tentative plot idea being tossed about is that I'd be sent to you to spy on you, but that's practically the same thing as teaming up anyway, so... :P

Since I'm not a noble, I'll have to spend my own feats on things like leadership and stronghold funds, though.  But I certainly plan on doing so, assuming Zaer allows me to, and we can pool our funds together from there.

Muse

*Waves*  Can anyone suggest a country for Karasu-chan?  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

who149

Miyeritar still has a slot open. And we need all the help we can get ^^; I haven't made the stronghold yet, but sharing resources would be a great help.

Ons and offs!