Is this fish hypnotizing you?

Started by Spookie Monster, April 01, 2017, 04:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Is this fish hypnotizing you?

Spel

The red-lipped batfish or Galapagos batfish (Ogcocephalus darwini) is a fish of unusual morphology found around...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mathim

Is it a fish? It looks like it has many characteristics that I would attribute to other classifications.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

wander

Well I for one welcome our new fish overlord!

Long may they reign!

Mathim

Quote from: wander on April 01, 2017, 10:51:19 AM
Well I for one welcome our new fish overlord!

Long may they reign!

How dare you forsake Hypnotoad!

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Mister Ugly

AH bringgg eyeshadoww for the fissshhh!!

<MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Blythe

I'm probably hypnotized, but it's hard to say by whom now that the Hypnotoad has made an appearance in the thread.  :o

Inkidu

Quote from: Blythe on April 01, 2017, 07:26:28 PM
I'm probably hypnotized, but it's hard to say by whom now that the Hypnotoad has made an appearance in the thread.  :o
Eh, Hypnotoad has gone downhill since season three.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

wander

Quote from: Blythe on April 01, 2017, 07:26:28 PM

It was only a matter of time...  :D

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the replies, guys!  I'm eager to get a glimpse of the fish's new look.  Are we thinking smokey eye?  Cut crease?  Is the fish more of a summer or an autumn?  I have no idea what I'm talking about.

As a note, the red-lipped batfish seems to be a pretty funky little critter even if you ignore its lipstick; check out the video below to see how it not only stands but also scurries around on its fins.  (And to see its impressive schnoz, which isn't obvious in the image above.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGvqGlaDQo

Thanks again!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Oniya

Quote from: Spookie Monster on April 09, 2017, 06:45:03 AM
(And to see its impressive schnoz, which isn't obvious in the image above.)

Well, you know - proper contouring is supposed to help with that.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17