Of Earth, Water, Fire and Air( NON-CON, still recruiting!!!)

Started by bubby, May 07, 2012, 12:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

The Queen has ruled for 200 years, with blood and magic. She has the Power to control ALL the elements, but her corruption of nature and spirit has brought the Land to begin to die. Her armies are vast and ruthless. When she should be using her Power to help the land, she takes it into herself to make herself stronger. Once a year she goes to a secret place to perform a ritual with the One she trusts most.

The Queen has spies and assassins everywhere, and has systematically killed anyone she has heard of with any inkling towards elemental powers. But somehow four people managed to slip under her radar. Four hero's the Prophecies have told about to be those that came together to defeat the Queen and bring the Land back to its former glory.

The Plains of Tiskele (Air)                                                                                       The Mountains and Forests of Sayamir (Earth)

The Estovad Seaside (Water)                                                                                                    The Volcanic Region of Jurad (Fire)

Characters Needed:
(The Queen will be played by me)

The Elementals: Fire (male) - Shade
                              Earth (male) - Wolfy
                              Air (female) - LadyLunarius
                              Water (female) - Savant of the Wastes

Elemental 'Mentors':(One for each Elemental)It has come to my attention ( *eyes a certain someone who's helped her TONS* ) that my Mentor idea is a bit too open ended, so I'm narrowing it down a bit. Mentors will be either hedge witches or warlocks, the idea being they will be old enough to know of the Prophecy, and being of such affiliation more likely to have had it passed down through the years. JUST REMEMBER: Though you may be a witch/warlock, your powers will be MINIMAL. Hence 'hedge'. As a Mentor you will NOT have the Power of the Element you choose, but you will have knowledge needed for training. FILLED  Fire's Mentor - midnight diamond
                                                                                     Earth's Mentor - Lady Lunarius
                                                                                     Water's Mentor - DudelRok
                                                                                     Air's Mentor - Veluux

Queens People: Army General - JDrewSpider
                               Assassins/Hunters (those sent by the Queen to kill the Hero's) - Kokaine
                                                                                                                                     Veluux

Queens Right Hand (male, very special to the Queen) - PeaceThatPowerBrings

Rebels: Rebel Leader/General - Ellipsis
                  Rebel followers - Shade
                                             Jecter

Other character ideas welcome!

To begin the story, each Elemental will come into their Powers on their 18th birthday. They will not know they have the Power until an event (up to player) causes them to use their Element simply by instinct. Then their Mentor will take over 'training'. Each Elemental will be in a separate part of the Kingdom, having grown up in different environments. The goal is to all meet up with the Rebels, who end up being the Hero's army, and eventually make it to the Queen City for the final battle. Their travels will be fraught with danger, and defeating the Queen will not be easy. This will be a FREE-FORM medieval style game, horses and swords and the like.

This is just an interest check for right now.I will expand on the story idea more (Kingdom name, city names, Rebel base, and the such) if enough interest is garnered. GAME HAS BEGUN BUT RECRUITMENT STILL GOES ON.  I plan on this being a Sandbox style game, though as GM I will toss ideas out as they come to me during play. This requires the players to interact on their own and move the story along on their own -for the most part-. I expect players to understand that god-moding will not be tolerated, but I want players willing to have their characters take damage! No characters will die unless they choose to. No Elemental will die period.
I am a bit picky when it comes to post length. I expect players to put effort into their posts, and be descriptive. By no means do they need to be a book, but at least a couple paragraphs per post is expected. This WILL NOT be a fast paced game. (This does not mean I'm okay with someone not posting for 2 weeks with no word as to what's up. PM's are good!) I personally can't really post more then once a week, and that's if my muse isn't being a bitch. I don't expect any more from those involved. If it does move faster between other players that's fine.
Once enough interest with enough possible players has been generated, I will make a char sheet template, and will ask for character ideas to be PM'd to me, where I will pick through applicants. POST CHAR SHEETS HERE FOR ACCEPTANCE!

I hope this is enough to spark muses!!

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Demi

Ooooooh . . . Any chance I can call dibs on that Air elemental? ;)
Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

bubby

You bet!

Fire - Adonis
Air - Demi

I will note I'm giving them to you guys because I have seen your writing and like your style and you already meet the requirements! BOOM!

Adonis

Wait... I know how to write? Da hell did this happen?
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Well I'm totally interested. Especially in the Queen's Right Hand.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Demi

Quote from: bubby on May 07, 2012, 12:18:02 AM
You bet!

Fire - Adonis
Air - Demi

I will note I'm giving them to you guys because I have seen your writing and like your style and you already meet the requirements! BOOM!

You are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G bubby! <3 -does a little happy dance around the room-
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

Wolfy

I'd be interested in water or earth.

But I must wonder, can they also create their element, or simply control it?

For example, the Earth user....if he's locked up in an iron cage, or dropped out of the sky, can he still summon earth to control, or does he have to be near the element to control it?

JDrew Spider

I would love to be an assassin/hunter! *check mate!*
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

minerva7790

Sounds interesting! I'd like to have water if Wolfy doesn't. Err, do I have to show a writing sample?

And while I'm at it, will the Water Elemental be able to control ice too? Or just water?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

bubby

Wolfy & Minerva - Earth must be male, and water must be female, so there ya go. As for writing sample, as long as you read my blurb about post length and content, we should be just fine! If either of you would like to PM me a writing sample link I'd be good with that.

Controlling your element: Water: I'm going to say -only- water control, not ice. Earth: I will say for now you must be near your element for control.
When all 4 Hero's eventually come together, they will need to work together, so, for example if there is ice, Fire would be able to melt it to allow Water control. Also, I will allow a slow progression of Power strength. You will start rather mundane, and as game goes on, you can increase in strength/ability (which can allow for 'summoning').

Just always remember, that in the game the Queen has utter and complete control of all Elements, along with Spirit, and will be more powerful then the Hero's for awhile. Expect ass kicking for awhile!  >:)

JDrew: Hunter it is!

Peace: I'll PM you with some questions!

TheHangedOne

Aww, Earth and Fire got snagged. I might want to play a rebel fighter nonetheless, though.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RampantDesires

I would be up for playing a scary oracle/witch mentory type for one of the brave heroes :) Or even a rebel fighter.  Perhaps both since they'll both be supporting characters? At any rate it sounds like an amazing amount of fun! What level of technology is there going to be in the world? Kind of a repressed feudal classical fantasy system? Something vaguely steampunk? *has no preference here is simply curious!*

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

bubby

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 07, 2012, 05:10:51 PM
Aww, Earth and Fire got snagged. I might want to play a rebel fighter nonetheless, though.

You know you are -always- welcome darlin'! *Hugs*

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 07, 2012, 06:50:59 PM
I would be up for playing a scary oracle/witch mentory type for one of the brave heroes :) Or even a rebel fighter.  Perhaps both since they'll both be supporting characters? At any rate it sounds like an amazing amount of fun! What level of technology is there going to be in the world? Kind of a repressed feudal classical fantasy system? Something vaguely steampunk? *has no preference here is simply curious!*

You are MORE then welcome to play a Mentor! Just know that as Mentor you will have known your Elemental since they were born, so if you choose the 'witch' route, you will need to have been like the village witch. Part of the Rebels works as well of course! I suggest you PM the one playing the Element you're most interested in (since you'll be responsible for 'training').

There is -no- technology in this game. Medieval all the way, swords, magic, horses for transport.

My first post has been modified to note who has been chosen so far for positions. I'll wait for confirmation from Wolfy and RampantDesires and HangedMan before posting their names. Still in need of Mentors, as well as Rebels! Spread the word around to those you write with gang, and see if any are interested!

JDrew Spider

*rubs hands together* I'm excited I have the perfect character for this..

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

It has come to my attention ( *eyes a certain someone who's helped her TONS* ) that my Mentor idea is a bit too open ended, so I'm narrowing it down a bit. Mentors will be either hedge witches or warlocks, the idea being they will be old enough to know of the Prophecy, and being of such affiliation more likely to have had it passed down through the years. JUST REMEMBER: Though you may be a witch/warlock, your powers will be MINIMAL. Hence 'hedge'. As a Mentor you will NOT have the Power of the Element you choose, but you will have knowledge needed for training.

Also, we have enough people so far to start making char sheets I believe, so here's the template, and go ahead and post them here. I'll peruse them and let people know if they work or need to be tweaked. If using a pic, NO ANIME please. Real or art is fine. ALSO: I've modified my first post again with some land pics, still trying to find a good volcanic area one....for Fire.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Affiliation/Title:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

midnight diamond

JDrew Spider

Name: Khalel
Physical Description: -->
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Affiliation/Title:  Queen's Hunter/Warrior
History: They say legends and myths hold some truth to them. Khalel was born to a nomadic tribe that revered great serpents (some may be human descendants of the great reptiles). Though reptilian behemoths were believed to have left his homeland some time ago they are still praised. It was natural for young boys in his tribe to learn the skill of the hunter at an early age. By the time he had hit puberty he could wield many fine and broad swords, bows and various other weapons. He had a natural skill for hunting and tracking in any region whether it be earth or sky.

The reign of the Queen had been known to his people and so was her ill reputation.  During  the time of many warring eras his people had been scattered to the winds by the Queens army, but that didn't stop him from retaliating. The General of that army was impressed with the young man's fighting spirit and  he offered him promise and position amongst the Queens army. He agreed to serve in the Queens army, using his exceptional skills to carry out orders, desiring one day to lead at the head of army himself.

Strengths: <besides being really good looking?> Superb hearing, keen senses, quick and agile. His favorite weapon is the long sword because he's very skilled with it in battle
Weaknesses:He's just as susceptible to injury as any ordinary man. If you cut him he'll bleed. He hates the cold.

<Let me know if this is okay. I might add more. :)>

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

OoOOoo...JDrew...I LOVE him!!!

Just so you know, if I don't get anyone for the Queens General, we can always play it out that Khalel eventually gets the job. He can still be a Hunter too.

He's sexeh...

TheHangedOne

So, wait, looking at your opening post, bubby, is the Earth chosen one slot still available?
Check out my poet tree!

JDrew Spider

Quote from: bubby on May 09, 2012, 02:40:42 AM
OoOOoo...JDrew...I LOVE him!!!

Just so you know, if I don't get anyone for the Queens General, we can always play it out that Khalel eventually gets the job. He can still be a Hunter too.

He's sexeh...

;D Sounds good to me! I'm very good at giving orders and there's plenty more where he came from.

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

I'll PM Wolfy and see if he still wants it Hanged, and I'll let you know!

Shade

Darn, looks like I'm too late to be one of the elementals. I do have some interest in being a member of the rebellion though.

bubby

Welcome Shade! Part of the rebels would be great. The more opposition for my Queen the better.  >:) You're welcome to put up a char sheet if you'd like!

.....which reminds me..I should do that too....  ::)

bubby

Update: Wolfy has made his definite bid for Earth, Hanged. Sorry! But you are still more then welcome to make a different char!

And midnight diamond has claimed the spot of Fire's Mentor!

YAY to everyone who's willing to try my idea, and go ahead and posts char sheets here when you can! I'm giving things to at LEAST this weekend, if not a bit longer, as people are busy, and my work is being a bitch this week as well.

Shade

Here's my character. Let me know if anything needs changing.

Name: Conner
Physical Description:

Affiliation/Title: Rebellion/Swordsman
History: Drake was born in a small village. His father was a blacksmith, which caused Drake to develop a fascination with bladed weapons early on in his life. When he was about seven years old, his father was accused of providing weapons to the rebellion. As a result, his father, mother, older brother and sister were publicly executed. The only reason that Drake wasn't killed himself is that he was off playing in the woods at the time. A rebel spy took pity on Drake and took him in.

From that day onward, Drake swore he would do anything he could to help the rebellion overthrow the Queen. Though he knows that nothing he does can bring his family back, he won't rest until they have been avenged.
Strengths: Since he was brought up by a spy, he learned the importance of stealth. While able to use a variety of weapons, his personal favorite is twin short swords. His fighting style is all about speed, overwhelming his opponent with multiple quick strikes while outmaneuvering them. He's also a pretty good tactician who can use his surroundings to his advantage and spot weaknesses in his enemies.
Weaknesses: When his tactics start to fail he, he becomes quickly frustrated and angry. This usually leads to him becoming sloppy and making bad decisions.

bubby

Demi

In the process of making a sheet for Air - I'll have it up in the next day or so. :-)
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

bubby

Sounds good Demi, like I said, no huge rush.

Again gang, if you know of anyone you currently write with in other games that might be interested in this one, direct them here! We still have some slots that need filled!

Lady Lunarius

Currently messaging about a mentor position or general position. ^_^
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

TheHangedOne

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to play, bubby. I can't come up with a character idea.
Check out my poet tree!

Wolfy

Name: Sam McKnight
Physical Description:
Affiliation/Title: Brawler/Earth Elemental.
History:
Born in a small fishing village on the outskirts of the kingdom, Sam grew up in relative peace with his parents, living with Mom and Dad as he grew up and learned about the world, language, and their trade, which was, of course, fishing. Learning how to fish came naturally to him, but it was learning how to swim that gave him trouble. Sam nearly drowned twice at the age of 10 while trying to swim, though luckily he was saved both times by his father, who continued to teach him despite these small set backs. Eventually, Sam learned how to swim extremely well, which made him even more proficient at his trade. Sam was also taught how to fight by his father, becoming adept at using his fists to do his talking, if it was needed.

Sam's village was quite a poor one, but they managed to scrape by together, drawing close as a community to strengthen each other under the rule of the evil queen, as well as staying out of conflict with the rebellion. This proved to be too hopeful, however, as the Queen's men came demanding more tributes for her Majesty, as well as demanding room and board. Unable to refuse the Queen's men on penalty of death, they were allowed to stay in the village, where Sam witnessed first hand their evil deeds, raping and plllaging everything in the village that they could get their hands on, and the Townsfolk couldn't lay a hand on them.

The next morning, there was an attack on the village as the Queen's men slept. Sam was away in the river at the time, but he could see the smoke, and hear the screams, as well as being able to see the rebellion's colors in the distance. The Queen's men were being attacked by the rebel army, but so too were the villagers, who were thought to be allied with the Queen, and were forced to fight because of her men. Sam watched, at the age of 17, as his family was killed along with the rest of his village, and quickly ran away and hid until they had gone. Now approaching 18, he is moving to pick up the pieces and try to start a new life, unaware that the awakening of his elemental powers will push him directly into the conflict..as well as directly into the arms of both the Queen, and the Rebel army itself. two factions that he detests for what they've done.
Strengths: Strong Swimmer, Strong Fighter, Sam is an athletic young man who is as adept at using his tongue as he is with his fists, able to talk the talk and walk the walk, as it were. Most times he isn't one to back down from a fight, or even leave a fight go unfinished. He knows how to fish, as well as how to cook, for the most part, and has a strong connection to the earth, as well as being nimble and flexible.
Weaknesses: While Sam is one to nearly never back down from a fight, he also has a tendency to get into fights that he has no hope of winning, much to the annoyance of those who would prefer him alive. Being a fisherman by trade, he knows how to fish, but that's about it, as far as catching food goes. He can catch plenty of fish, but snaring an animal or knowing what kind of berries to eat and not eat is something that falls outside of what he can handle. He is also quite reckless, doing anything to win a fight, even if it means letting himself get wounded to get the upper hand.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Demi

Name: Chenoa Enovay

Physical Description:

Affiliation/Title: Air / Beloved Daughter & Lady

History: Chenoa has known nothing but the life of a wealthy maiden. Her father, Arturo, is a bannerman to an overlord; wealthy, well known and respected amongst his fellow rulers. He treats his daughter like a princess, constantly doting on her and awarding her anything she desires. Private governesses, riding instructors, seamstresses, and ladies in waiting cater to her without question.

As Chenoa has never been forced to take anything seriously, she rarely does. Most of life is no more than a game to her, naïve as she is. She does not understand the toils of war, nor does she comprehend that there is something more to life than wearing pretty dresses and picking flowers in the garden.

Mirabelle is the name of Chenoa’s mother, though she may as well not have one. Mirabelle has hardly spoken to her daughter since the day she was born, disgusted by the fact that such a tiny thing could destroy her once glorious feminine figure. Chenoa, on a daily basis, pretends that her mother died in a riding accident and that Mirabelle is a wicked stepmother, like the fairytales her father read to her as a child.

Strengths: Chenoa adapts easily to tricky situations and is highly intelligent, thus allowing for swift learning. When presented with a problem, she is quick to get to the bottom of it and pitches forward solutions with ease. Adept at concealing her feelings when the situation calls for it, she is rarely a ‘heart on my sleeve’ type of woman. She is often presumed as weaker than she is, leaving her the advantage more times than not. Her well-trained wit manages to pull her free of many could-be-compromising situations. Chenoa, though the spoiled daughter of a wealthy lord, is incredibly humble and hardly boasts, instead preferring to don others with compliments as she deems fit.

Weaknesses: Chenoa’s “flight” rather than “fight” attitude often leaves her dumbfounded and shaking. She has difficulty making commitments, as she’s truly never been asked to do much of anything. Her frame is petite and willowy, therefore she is nearly helpless in hand-to-hand combat, allowing any man (or well-built woman) to overpower her with ease. She hardly takes things seriously, of the mind that her life is similar to her favorite childhood stories, which leaves her blind to dangerous situations more times than not. A true dreamer, her head is constantly in the clouds.
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 11, 2012, 06:46:20 PM
Currently messaging about a mentor position or general position. ^_^

Responded!

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 11, 2012, 06:50:25 PM
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to play, bubby. I can't come up with a character idea.

D'aww..ok hun. I understand! *Hugs* Take care!

Wolfy and Demi, great chars!

It's currently 12:30 Friday night, I just got off work from a hellish work week. I'm off to bed for the night, but I'll be around this weekend and  will make sure to make my own char sheet, and I'll be around to answer questions, and poke people to make sheets as well.

If LadyLuna accepts the role of Earth mentor, that leaves only needing Air and Water. I'm also not adverse to having people take on 2 chars, if there is an interest?

Lady Lunarius

After talking with you, I'll choose the Earth Mentor. Working on the sheet tonight after work. <3 Lots of loooove!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

minerva7790

Eeps, I've been meaning to make my character sheet for ages, but I always end up too busy. Tonight for sure!

Wolfy

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2012, 06:14:40 AM
After talking with you, I'll choose the Earth Mentor. Working on the sheet tonight after work. <3 Lots of loooove!

Shall there be a little "Hot for Teacher" going on?...xD

MagicalPen

I could be interested in either the Air Mentor or Rebel General role.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 12, 2012, 12:09:51 PM
I could be interested in either the Air Mentor or Rebel General role.

*Pounces the Pen and adores!!!!*

YES! Whichever one you'd like darlin'!

And Earth Mentor it is Luna...I'll put you on the list!

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Actually both... but if I had to pick I'd say Rebel General right now...

Question for all of you. Shall I make our game into just one main thread, where we make sure and add tags as to 'where' your chars are etc., or shall I make separate ones for each location?

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

JDrew Spider

The world is composed of four different realms right? Plus the queens castle or whatnot?

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 12, 2012, 01:01:43 PM
I am assuming we're going with a Medieval Flavor for this game?

Totally Medieval darlin'.

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 12, 2012, 01:04:55 PM
The world is composed of four different realms right? Plus the queens castle or whatnot?

Exactly correct.

MagicalPen

Name: Konrad Roht
Physical Description: See Picture
Affiliation/Title: Rebellion Leader
History: Sir Konrad Roht is a name familiar in all the lands. He had once been the Queens Champion, perhaps the greatest Soldier among all her Legions. He was the most skilled of tacticians, the most skilled of swordsmen. He had been Knighted by the Queen and made a General. He was loyal to a fault but even the most honorable, the most loyal, of subjects had his breaking point. The Razing of the Village of Svastpool had been his breaking point.

It had occurred during the first murmurings of Rebellion, the Queens Paranoia growing. 'Rebels' had been located in the Svastpool but the Villagers denied such a fact. They refused to hand over the supposed rebels. In response, the entire village had been wiped out, everyone killed. But this wasn't what had broken Konrad. No, it was the individuals that had been killed. His mother. His father. His sister and her husband. His 4 year old nephew. This is what had broken Konrad. He had been born and raised in Svastpool and now it was gone along with the only family he had ever had.

When word had reached him of this betrayal, he had ridden with his most trusted and closest soldiers to the village to see for himself. The anger, the rage, the grief that boiled up inside of him at what he found - there were no words for it. From that moment on-wards he had thrown his allegiances aside and turned Rebel. He took to ground. He began to assemble an army, a network of spies. He established himself as the Rebellions Leader. Who better to lead it then him?

Strengths: Combat and Tactics, Leadership and Command,

Weaknesses: Burning desire for Revenge, inability to trust in many outside of his close circle.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 12, 2012, 01:24:30 PM
I took some liberties with his background.

OoOoOoOOO...I LIKE him! Once loyal to the Queen...AWESOME... I can see some -wonderful- story/battles between Konrad and JDrew's Kahlel!

*Squees!*

This is turning out wonderful! I'm gaining AWESOME talent, and humbled for it! I'll be working for sure on making up game threads today... hands on the one main thread or separate threads!

Wolfy

:/ Well Sam hates both the Rebels and the Queen...so...joining with them isn't going to be easy...<_<>_>

bubby

Quote from: Wolfy on May 12, 2012, 01:32:33 PM
:/ Well Sam hates both the Rebels and the Queen...so...joining with them isn't going to be easy...<_<>_>

;D Which is fine! Makes for better story in my opinion. Just remember that the reason the Hero's are even there is to -eventually- come together to be the ones to destroy the Queen...

Wolfy

True...me thinks a certain air elemental may be able to win him over....<_<>_> *winks mischievously*

bubby

*Snerks*

We're still in need of Mentor's for Air and Water, but at this point I believe we can begin the game soon-ish. Possibly by Monday...

bubby

Ok gang, I'v made the character thread to start.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139933.0

Go ahead and put your chars here! I've decided to go with separate threads for each area, and I'll be making those here sometime this evening.

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

I know huh! Fun fun fun!!!

Go ahead and move your char sheet over to the char thread JDrew.

I need to make an OOC thread too...

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Wolfy

Demi

I'unno, Wolfy. Sam might be a bit too . . . Grounded for Chenoa. -cackles-
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

Lady Lunarius

Teehee sent to you bubby lemme know when I can post it up if I can <3

She's added!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

bubby

WOO!

Ok kids, Imma take a break for a bit. Later tonight I'll work on making an OOC at least, narrow down the rules/regulations, prolly make the settings threads with pics and link it ALL in the OOC.

Then I'll post the OOC here!

Wolfy

Quote from: Demi on May 12, 2012, 06:40:15 PM
I'unno, Wolfy. Sam might be a bit too . . . Grounded for Chenoa. -cackles-

It's ok..he can bring her back to...earth?

*pinkie finger to mouth*

MUWAHAHAHAHA

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Wolfy on May 12, 2012, 07:07:19 PM
It's ok..he can bring her back to...earth?

*pinkie finger to mouth*

MUWAHAHAHAHA

Well certainly the rock that can swim can do such a task.
*Prods*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Wolfy

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2012, 07:08:44 PM
Well certainly the rock that can swim can do such a task.
*Prods*

...:P Well, I never said he wouldn't have a romance with his teacher as well...xD

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Wolfy on May 12, 2012, 07:39:13 PM
...:P Well, I never said he wouldn't have a romance with his teacher as well...xD

You mean the sweet innocent oracle. Come now, you just wanna make her blush.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

bubby

I just want to say that Peace NAILED IT!!!!...for the Queens right Hand... yummm

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: bubby on May 12, 2012, 07:50:00 PM
I just want to say that Peace NAILED IT!!!!...for the Queens right Hand... yummm

Nailed it or nailed her?? >.>  ;D
LaLu's Delicious treats!

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

and I give you the OOC with related links!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139956.0

I have not made the Queens Region yet...still looking for the perfect pic and it's thwarting me...

If you guys think there's anything  should add to the OOC let me know!

Demi

Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

bubby

*Packs a bag for Demi (with cookies for bribes), opens the door and gently ushers her out to go find people she knows/writes with who might be interested!*

Wolfy

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2012, 07:49:09 PM
You mean the sweet innocent oracle. Come now, you just wanna make her blush.

In all the right places.....<3

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Adonis

Name: Ariakis Schayea
Physical Description: Lookatdapicture.
Affiliation/Title: Fire / "Firebrand, Asshole, Bastard" - take your pick.

History: Born to a mother with no father in sight, Ariakis had quite a normal childhood, despite the lack of male influence. Not that he exactly needed it. As he grew, Ariakis quickly filled into the young man, and even later the man that he is now. To say that he was a handfull growing up was an understatement.

Prone to be one to instigate fights, and often participate in them, he quickly made a name for himself among the magistrate of the island town that he lived in. Without an authority figure, Ariakis had for the most part been raised without ever being told "no". Or at least he'd never had his mother angry enough at him to enforce the answer. While in school he'd been kicked out multiple times by the village instructors for snarky, rude comments, and the occasional practical joke that went too far.

Once he'd hit puberty, he was an absolute terror to any parents in the general vicinity that had fathered a daughter. However, while his flirtations and wandering hands were abound, rarely was it serious. The cocky young man had secretly decided that he was above everyone in his village, so it rarely went past groping and being handsy. Ariakis never did quite grow out of the "mine" stage that one often went through as a child.

Quite simply, if he wanted it; he would have it, and woe to any that stood in his way.

Once he turned eighteen, he'd come into his elemental affinity with ease. Tossing rocks into the lava flows from a safe distance, he'd felt the flames jetting up calling to him. Without realizing what he'd been doing, he pulled the stuff towards himself. Push came to shove, and his lack of control resulted in him walking back through town, head held high and acting as if nothing had happened. Despite the fact that he was bare assed, and whatever clothing he had left was pock-marked with burns the size of dinner plates. Oddly enough, he was completely unharmed.

Strengths: Much like his element, Ariakis is erratic. In combat, it's made him generally an enigma, and completely unpredictable. However, from this impulsiveness, he draws control. While he may be unskilled in forms of unarmed combat, Ariakis has made a small name for himself and his finesse with knives. His true prowess later will be his utter control and comfort with his element, preferring to use it openly to intimidate, and destroy a target before it ever gets close enough to become an issue.

Weaknesses: While his control with his home element is amazingly focused, Ariakis is well... a bit of a pyro. In passing, he may light a few things on fire here and there, simply to see how they burn. He may call it research, but his inner voice squeals whenever he gets the chance to cause of a bit of chaos by randomly torching a nearby tree. Personality-wise, he can be overbearing, and often this stems from him attempting to take things that aren't his. This includes claims on women, should he ever find one (or more) that he deems worthy.
O/O's

Wolfy

minerva7790

Name: Syrena Chang
Physical Description:

Red wavy hair frames her pale face. Her eyes are a bright blue that some may find startling at first glance. Syrena has a petite frame, with a height of 5'3".
Affiliation/Title: Water elemental/ "That girl"/ "That bastard child"
History: Syrena is the result of a young lord's drunken mistake. Her mother, Lanoa, had never kept this a secret from her. She would tell of how Jarvis, the son of Earl Hwang, and his men had returned from a fruitful hunting trip. They had a rowdy party with much feasting and drinking. Lanoa had been a young maid in the household then. After the party, as Lanoa was washing the dishes, Jarvis summoned her to his chambers. When it became apparent that Lanoa was pregnant with Jarvis' child, Earl Hwang sent her to live in a small village far from his estate, together with yearly remittance for the upkeep of herself and the child.

Syrena grew up never caring that she did not know her father personally. To her, a mother was enough. She could not be bothered with a man who would rather cover his mistake than acknowledge it. Blessed with the Earl's money, Lanoa doted on her daughter and gave her everything she needed and wanted: a good education, pretty dresses, and plenty of love. She also taught Syrena how to dance and play the flute. Rumours flew around the village about Syrena's supposed father. This was, at one time, the most common topic of discussion in the marketplaces every morning and the inns every night. To repay the Earl for the kindness he had shown her throughout her time working in his household, Lanoa never revealed the identity of Syrena's father to the villagers.

This was the environment in which Syrena grew up. Everywhere she went, whispers followed her. Some of the children in the village were ordered by their mothers to have nothing to do with the blue-eyed child. Others simply stared when she was near. Syrena ignored them the best she could and avoided going out of doors as much as possible. With Earl Hwang's funding, Lanoa could afford a private tutor for Syrena, but there was nothing that could be done to overcome Syrena's social awkwardness.
Strengths: Syrena is intelligent and inquisitive. She has benefited much from having a wise tutor. Learning dance also meant that Syrena has an agile and flexible body. She is mostly mild-tempered and slow to anger, but she will not hesitate to protect the people and things she cares about.
Weaknesses: Syrena heavily lacks social skills, having never made friends or interacted much with anyone who wasn't her mother or her private tutor. One meeting her for the first time may think her aloof, simply because she does not smile much. Having stayed at home most of her short life, Syrena is also way too naive for her own good.

bubby

Looks good Minerva. Go ahead and add it to the character thread, and be sure and bookmark the OOC thread as it has related game links on the first page.

I'm still in need of Air and Water Mentors, as well as more Rebels I think...

....and more Hunters...  >:)

Veluux

I am interested in the Air Mentor role.

Demi's character looks like a fun and challenging project, and I do love challenges.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

bubby

Quote from: Veluux on May 13, 2012, 06:12:21 PM
I am interested in the Air Mentor role.

Demi's character looks like a fun and challenging project, and I do love challenges.

Hell....you're in just because of the avi you chose...*Gets lost in staring*....mmmmmmmmmm..OH! I mean... Yes! Welcome to the game then!

There is a char sheet template somewhere on this thread, or you could just copy another. Go ahead and make up a character and I'll take a gander!

Veluux

I was thinking of taking a hunter role and defecting to become the Air Mentor after being sent to assassinate her and being charmed by her wit. Would that be possible? It might help explain why the heroes are able to evade and defeat the other hunters to stay out of the queen's grasp.

bubby

Hhmmm....though it sounds good...it wouldn't work in essence.

As a Mentor you have to have some -knowledge- of the Element, though not the Power itself. And trust me, the Queen would know if one of her Hunters had that in him.

Veluux

Alright, that's okay; I am full of ideas. Thanks for the quick response. I'll get to work on a character sheet.  ;)

bubby

Wolfy

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

bubby

minerva7790

*sits on the shelf looking all forlorn and waiting for her mentor* Meow...

bubby

Quote from: minerva7790 on May 13, 2012, 07:34:19 PM
*sits on the shelf looking all forlorn and waiting for her mentor* Meow...

Might have someone for you hun...I'm trying!

DudelRok

Name: Cicil Larken

Physical Description: Cicil is a tall skeleton like man, with deep dark eyes and statue frame to match. His skull and body lacking in depth, making him look like a tree or stick as he walks and moves. Fluid like the willow, strong like the oak. His eyes are black, almost soulless in their appearance, doll-like. He expresses almost no emotion, despite his otherwise positive outlook. A smile is something not rare but almost unseen as the arch of his mouth tends to stay still even as his lips open and close to say words. Hair upon his head long and white, a speckle of fur about his face. Aged, and slow in his movements as he goes about his daily work. Wrinkles upon his face and hands show a life of work, calluses built up, and dirt under the finger nails.

Cloths are a simple thing of cotton, rough and coarse in their making and design. It is as though someone unskilled, yet determined, had spent days and days on their making. Even his shoes are that of cotton like slippers, made from what seems scraps of what was left from his clothes. A cloak, for protection and warmth, is patched together from old and tattered scraps, mostly of hide and fur found that has been left for nothing by others.

Posture is tall, and while fingers may seem long (and may frighten children who do not know better), the calm actions and behavior of Cicil is never threatening. Appearance quite opposite his actions. Many have thought Cicil homeless, looking as he does, where as the world is Cicil's home.

Affiliation/Title: Water Mentor / Traveling Trader (Herbs and Spices)

History: The world was always a very bright and green place for Cicil. Traveling the lands in search of plants, and their special properties. Making remedies, selling seeds and teaching those who buy how the plants work. Warning others of dangers the wilds hold, and dangers usually of man's design in effort to capture, tame and kill the beasts within.

Pacifist teachings taught to him at a young age by monks who have sent him on a journey to learn of the land, Cicil has traveled since he was the young age of 15. (Cicil is now 82.) That pacifism of Cicil's did not always go over well. While Cicil would not fight others, he has deflected or blocked, as well as healed from, those who have wanted to alter his views, who wanted to destroy the idea of Mann, or who have questioned his oaths taken by means of violence. (One of such oaths being celibacy, though Cicil seems devoid of connecting with individuals on certain levels anyway.)

To many, and even Cicil himself, the man Cicil has become is but a ghost who travels through places. Accepted with hesitation, or fear, but quickly forgotten. On occasion a companion will follow with Cicil to the following town, or Provence, or Kingdom. These friendships do not last long, as Cicil must keep moving, must continue his journey. Ultimate goal, the enlightenment of strength within one. Who? Cicil does not know. The scripts are vague. Despite the fact Cicil knows such things could very well be fantasy, the faith he holds is strong. Mann, the deity who guides the Order in which Cicil comes from, has spoken of it.

It is now that Cicil finds himself traveling to a small village within The Estovad Seaside. It is here that Cicil's path to returning home will begin. Though, he is unaware. Simply strolling into town with a pack on his back, and a calm pace to his breathing. The hopes of meeting new people, learning new cultures, and gaining more knowledge high.

Strengths: Wisdom of the world, knowledge on a great many things, especially the powers of plants. Calm mind and an acceptance to culture, people, and animal. Strong and able to perform nearly all common work. (Though far from a warrior's strength.) Basically herbalism, knowledge, and an open mind.

Weaknesses: Too trusting. May hold doubt in what someone says, but will believe them until he's seen for himself. (Extreme examples not withstanding.) Lacks ability to bond with people on an emotional level. Has no desire for friendship, or relationships of any kind. Has trouble identifying with people. Long winded. (And BOY is he ever long winded.)

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

bubby

Adonis

Wait, what? His sheet says "wind mentor"... I thought minnerva was water? Also thought that Veluux was taking air mentor?

*SO CONFUSED*
O/O's

DudelRok

Quote from: Adonis on May 13, 2012, 08:07:53 PM
Wait, what? His sheet says "wind mentor"... I thought minnerva was water? Also thought that Veluux was taking air mentor?

*SO CONFUSED*

Yeah, yeah... I meant Water. It's already been fixed.

I AM THE RETURN!

bubby

Demi

Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

Adonis

O/O's

bubby

Quote from: Demi on May 13, 2012, 08:13:41 PM
-blinks- So . . . We're just waiting for my mentor, now?

Yes hun...hopefully it's Veluux...*tries to tear her eyes away from Veluux's avi*

Quote from: Adonis on May 13, 2012, 08:14:03 PM
I didn't do anything wrong... *sniffles*

I just swat/spank for good measure. Cuz I can.  >:)

Demi

Quote from: bubby on May 13, 2012, 08:17:07 PM
I just swat/spank for good measure. Cuz I can.  >:)

And we all know how much fun it is to swat/spank Adonis. -winks-
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Demi

Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

bubby

DudelRok

Quote from: bubby on May 13, 2012, 08:31:55 PM
*Spanks Dudel*  ;)

Aren't I getting enough attention elsewhere? XD

...not that I mind more attention. >.>

I AM THE RETURN!

bubby

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

I'm celebrating mothers day with my significant other tonight. Will get the character sheet out late tonight or early tomorrow morning I think. The latest would be tomorrow evening. Looking forward to getting to know you all, and of course... the story!  :D

bubby

That sounds good Veluux! Glad to know you're on board!

Here is the OOC thread, which also has related threads on it whenever you're ready!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139956.0

Be sure and bookmark it and all the others threads within. Some of the players have already started!

minerva7790

Quote from: bubby on May 13, 2012, 08:06:20 PM
ACCEPTED!!

Minerva, you have your Mentor!

YAY!! *rushes to huggle bubby and mentor Dudel*

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Veluux

Name: Ahltair Maesson
Physical Description: -------------------------------------------------------------->
History: Ahltair grew up as a very high-spirited, and extremely thoughtful boy in the village of Svastpool - Konrad Rhot's hometown. Due to his high energy and imaginative intellect, Ahltair spent most of his late childhood and early adolescence by himself, studying the world around him. He had unnaturally keen eyesight and quickly took on a role as a game hunter for the small village, to aid his professional pursuits he began a deep study of the sky, wind, and weather patterns. Through his abstract train of thought, and his experience being saturated in the wilds of nature he gained a deep knowledge of the element of wind.

He also began mentoring a few of the village youngsters several years his junior - instructing them in life skills, archery, and tracking. It wasn't until his mid twenties that the Queen's army had rolled in and annihilated almost everyone he'd ever known. He had been out on a hunting expedition with one of his nephews, Kiernaan Maesson who was about 14 years old. Shortly after his present life and world was torn away from him, he had heard rumor of Konrad's defection from the Queen's servitude - the only other survivor from Svastpool besides himself and his nephew.

Kiernaan was young and zealous and at the age of 16 pressed his uncle about joining the rebellion. Kiernaan became a full-fledged rebel soldier, while Ahltair took on a role as an archery instructor since Konrad had known of the young man's peerless reputation with the bow. At his current age of 30 - Altair took a leave of absence from the rebel alliance to get back in touch with nature and to visit the open prairies of his homeland, and also the nearby forests that had served as his stomping grounds and earliest natural education.

Strengths: Ahltair has incredible eyesight, and a massive understanding of wind and weather patterns - making him an exotically talented marksman with a bow and pretty much any other form of projectile (slings, throwing knives, etc). He is also fairly adept at close combat knife fighting. His other major strength is probably his abstract logic, that has led him to become and excellent problem solver.

Weaknesses: The Svastpool survivor has an intense hatred for the Queen and her army, often leading him to be reckless and impulsive when he would normally be a patient and logical thinker. He also avoids large groups and uncomfortable social situations where he gets overloaded by all the sensory information - because he's constantly absorbing the events, environment and body language of the people and places around him. Though he is very comfortable talking with small groups of people and an excellent one on one communicator.

bubby

......*chokes on her coffee*.....

.....um....oh man.... ACCEPTED....yes...totally...

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: bubby on May 14, 2012, 12:39:00 PM
......*chokes on her coffee*.....

.....um....oh man.... ACCEPTED....yes...totally...

I...I want him...he's mine.....
LaLu's Delicious treats!

bubby

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Demi

Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

Veluux

Quote from: bubby on May 13, 2012, 07:04:23 PM
*narrows eyes at that damn [y.o.u] tag*

^.^

Hahaha. Don't hate it. Just feel appreciated.  ;)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Veluux on May 14, 2012, 09:54:14 PM
^.^

Hahaha. Don't hate it. Just feel appreciated.  ;)

I have to admit my heart fluttered :P Then again I was thinking of your character >.> And your avatar. >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 14, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
I have to admit my heart fluttered :P Then again I was thinking of your character >.> And your avatar. >.>

+1...minus the heart fluttering....

Veluux

Quote from: bubby on May 15, 2012, 02:34:15 AM
+1...minus the heart fluttering....

Just made my first post with Ahltair, maybe it will get your heart rate going a little bit instead.  ;D

Guyver0335

I am willing to take the part of a disposable hunter or spy if you need it.

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Quote from: mysterchr on May 15, 2012, 09:21:06 AM
I am willing to take the part of a disposable hunter or spy if you need it.

Excellent! If you'd like to make a char sheet and post it here for approval that would be great!

Adonis

O/O's

bubby

Every spot is actually filled, but more Hunters would really be nice! We have the Rebel General with 2 rebels...and only 1 Hunter...

JDrew Spider

Ok people, my General is really HOT and we need really Hot hunters and warriors, males and females to make the queens army look even hotter.

WHY you ask?

Because she can't be hot all be herself! Join the hotness!

Spider Hole
Apologies

RampantDesires

This turned out far ... darker than I'd intended when I sat down to write it.

Name: Geneva Rothburn
Physical Description:

Affiliation/Title: Hunter
History: Geneva grew up in her oldest sister's shadow.  Amuriel was always the nice one, the pretty one, the gifted one; tall and blonde, the vision of the mother who died bringing Gena into the world, and able the charm the very wind itself.  Everything came easily to her sister. She had everything, intelligence, beauty, friends, a father who clearly adored her.  He'd played the grieving widower well, and by no means wealthy the merchant had the respect of others in the town.

No one knew of the darker side he kept carefully hidden, of the terrible rage that filled him over the loss of his wife.  No one knew but Gena.  Why couldn't she be more like her sister? Why did she have to be such a trouble maker? Why did she push him to punish her so severely? All questions that he asked her frequently but there was no proper answer to any of them.  She had unanswerable questions of her own.  Why didn't anyone see? Why didn't they stop him? Why did her 'perfect' sister smile and pretend as though she actually believed Gena had tripped yet again shaking her head at her sister's clumsiness?

At the age of sixteen Gena snapped.  The memory of it is rather hazy but she does remember waking up with her hands slicked with blood her sister's broken sobs reverberating in her ears.  And so she ran.  She ran and threw herself upon the Queen's mercy.  She did not deny her crimes, did not argue that she should be pardoned.  Instead she asked only that she be allowed to serve, giving up the gifted Amuriel as tribute.  Her sister had been the first witch that Geneva had gifted the Queen but she would not be the last.  Never again would she be weak and alone, she had aligned herself with the most powerful woman on the planet and after the proper training  Gena has proved to be rather merciless when it comes to hunting down those with elemental gifts.  They thought it made them special, made the better? It only them prey.

Strengths:  Small, stealthy, and quick Geneva is fond of a pair of slender daggers which are easily concealed.  Makes a fair actress, her grief when she talks about her sister seems genuine, she can cry on command and plays a great damsel in distress when need be.

Weaknesses: Mental instability. Her devotion to the Queen and the hunt is all that keeps her going. While she is able to act out roles for small periods of time to gather information to aid in her goals she is utterly unable to form lasting attachments to people and occasionally can be pushed into full out rages which blow the whole deal. In a 'fair fight' she is often outmatched thanks to her size/reach, as such she tends to run and regroup if her opponent proves challenging.  A city girl by nature she is unable to survive on her own for long in the wilderness.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

JDrew Spider

Welcome Rampant! So glad you could join! Khalel will become quite fond of your charry.

Hot damn my tag lines work every time!

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Accepted Rampant! I like her muchly...dark is good!

Here is the OOC https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139956.0 and on the first page is all the related links to the game. You definitely need to read up on the Queens (Kingdom) posts, and the others will get you familiarized with the Elementals. In my next post I'll be making note of the Hunters, so you'll be totally in the game before you know it. I suggest PMing with JDrew to maybe work out what your chars might do together, as they are in the same job?

Welcome! And I hope you enjoy!

Veluux

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 22, 2012, 05:00:10 PM
Ok people, my General is really HOT and we need really Hot hunters and warriors, males and females to make the queens army look even hotter.

WHY you ask?

Because she can't be hot all be herself! Join the hotness!

With so many females baddies, maybe we need more male baddies??? Now I am torn between which one to make.

Adonis

The following two characters are *extremely* expendable. In fact, I'll most likely end up killing them purposely, just so I can make more evil minions  >:) Bwahahahaha

Name:Krull Fugwump
Physical Description: 7'3, roughly 325lbs (Yes, he's fucking huge)
Affiliation/Title: Queen's Hunter
History: Krull's talent was discoverd early within the queen's territory. He and his brother both possess a talent for "sniffing" the residue left behind by the first usage of elemental power. Krull and Slayde were inseperable, even throughout their training. Krull relied on his brother's quick wit to defend him, and Slayde on his brother's massive size to keep physical threats away. The pair have been hunting elementalists together for nearly fifteen years now, and Krull sports several grizzly trophies strewn about his body as proof of their success. His favorite pieces you ask? The first, are the clicking bracelets of human molars, most of them extracted by his little brother while their quarry was still alive. The second, is double-looped necklace of human noses and ears. Most of them are shriveled to the point where they are barely recognizable, but there are a few that still waft off the odor of decay. Krull's weapon of choice is a large, crudely crafted double edged sword (as seen, here).

Strengths:

Inhuman strength
Berzerker's Rage (Everything but the brother is treated as a threat. Threats must be hacked into many, many itty bitty pieces)
Extreme pain tolerence
"Sniffing" - Able to literally smell the elemental power within someone as soon as it becomes active. Krull refers to it as "the stink".

Weaknesses:

Dumb as a bag of half-retarded rocks.

His brother will be coming up in a few minutes.
O/O's

Adonis

Name: Slayde Fugwump
Physical Description: 5'6", wiry/bony frame
Affiliation/Title: Queens Hunter

History: Slayde is in every way the opposite of his brother. Growing up, he did the intelligence work in their pair. The man is a trained thief, and kills without thought or moral conscience. He is utterly thrilled at causing immense amounts of pain to still-;iving victims, whether they be of the elementalist sort or not. Through and through, Slayde radiates greasy sadism. Both he and his brother are held high within the queens warriors, mainly due to their brutal efficiency, but within the hunters, they are despised. The attitude from the community of hunters comes from the mere fact that they willingly take contracts as mercenaries from time to time while on the hunt. Slayde's brother Krull does ever-so-love his shinies.

Strengths:

Above average intelligence
Adept at theivery
Excels in knifeplay
Expert skill in torture

Weaknesses:

Slayde is a small man, and must rely on his brother to be his brute strength. Sadly, even women overpower his slight frame now and again (To the point where he's had his ass kicked by a few women in tavern brawls).
O/O's

JDrew Spider

Quote from: Veluux on May 23, 2012, 03:06:10 AM
With so many females baddies, maybe we need more male baddies??? Now I am torn between which one to make.

-.-....I think Adonis just tipped back the balance and btw yes Krull is freaking huge!

But Veluux dear the choice is yours!

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Ellipsis

Name: Amara Lycine
Physical Description: 5’4 . 120lbs. Dark, wavy hair & dark, lifeless eyes.
Affiliation/Title: Member of the Rebellion/Former Poisoner to the Queen

History: Amara was never supposed to be a rebel, her life given over to the Queen, a way for her parents to pay back a debt as they gave up their only child in some sort of spontaneous payment. To this day, she doesn’t know why she wasn’t just slaughtered, chosen to act as a force of destruction instead.

Too slight for the strength of war, Amara was instructed in other methods of death and torment. Over the course of several years, she received tutelage under Queen Saryana’s Head Posioner, Marvilis, her body subjected to all manner of agents for the purpose of steeling her resolve and immunity as wells as increasing her knowledge of their characteristics and recipes. Her unassuming stature made her perfect for a poison’s quiet death, distracting with a winsome smile or childish innocence as she pricked them with a laced dart or paralyzed them with a cloud of dust.

Her ultimate test was to kill her instructor, one she passed with flying colors to usurp and assume his position. Amara served as Poisoner, lacing the Queen’s weapons from time to time, traveling on assignments that required discretion over wanton bloodshed. It was on one particular command that put her on the path of rebellion. A failed assassination coming at the slip of a tongue. Amara insisted Queen Saryana had a mole in her midst, but the bloodthirsty woman would hear none of her excuses. A hot brand was taken to Amara’s tongue in punishment, scarring the muscle and hindering her speech forever.

Her loyalty turned to hatred as she concocted a mixture that would make her appear dead, suspending the signs of life for only a matter of minutes. The ingredients were rare and scattered throughout the lands, causing Amara to use the last of what was in stock in hopes of fooling the guard. It worked and her body was tossed outside the kingdom for scavengers to feast upon

Amara isn’t sure whether or not the Queen is aware of her deception, but by joining the ranks of the rebellion under the familiar face of Konrad, she hopes to make damn sure the Queen realizes the grave mistake she has made.

Strengths: Poisons and stealth as well as agility. Since her injury, Amara isn’t quite comfortable with using any maidenly disguises or deception by seduction anymore.

Weaknesses
: Hindered/lack of speech. Weak when it comes to head on combat. Needs the element of surprise.

bubby

Kokaine

Submitted for your approval...

Name: Pax

Physical Description: Standing 5'9” and weighting in at around 137 lbs, Pax is both lean and well toned but still has enough softness/curvaceousness to her that none would doubt she is female no matter that she is usually covered from head to toe. She is almost always covered when working with only the upper part of her face showing (especially when dealing with “messy” work or facing the Queen).

Affiliation/Title: Queen's Hunter / Assassin

History: Where exactly Pax came from, no one is quite sure... not even Pax herself. It is speculated that her parents were travelers and that they simply abandoned their young children or ran afoul of someone and were killed. Her earliest memories are of sitting outside beside her dead twin sister for days before she was run off. There were rumors that Pax herself had killed her own twin in a fit of rage but she has no recollection of doing so.

After being run off, Pax would make her way as an orphaned wanderer across the realm for a few years, using charm and whatever else she had at her disposal in order to survive. It was hard going for a while but Pax was a rather resilient child. She learned to lie, cheat, steal, and kill at an early age, first due to fending for her life and safety, and then simply because she was good at it.

Though she did not originate from the Queen's tribe, the young girl would eventually find herself in the Queen's city after having wandered across the four regions, hitching rides here and there. She honed her skills as she grew, getting better and better but one day she ran across the wrong man. Her attempt to steal his rations from him as he slept proved to be beyond her skill level and the man, who turned out to be one of the Queen's own on assignment, would very nearly kill her over it. Somehow, her attempts to reason with him worked. Rather than kill her, the Hunter would take her on as an apprentice under the condition that she would always work in service to the Queen and would never raise a hand against her. The young girl agreed, not knowing that it was the Queen's own order that had her family killed.

Strengths: Pax's greatest strength is her patience. Like a spider she is capable of lying in wait as long as it takes for her prey to entangle itself in her web. She also displays a number of sociopathic tendencies that allow her to do her job with even greater efficiency as she is not bogged down by things like remorse, guilt, or mercy. Pax is extremely perceptive and resourceful. She has a fondness for smaller bladed weapons and hand to hand combat, preferring to kill up close, but she will use whatever is handy. She is both quick and agile.

Weaknesses: Being a near sociopath, Pax can play a role when it is to her benefit but there are moments when her mask of normality slips and one can see that there is something seriously broken inside of her. She is also incredibly arrogant, toting around an over-inflated sense of self-worth, and cannot let insults pass (though her revenge is usually not immediate). Pax has her own sort of code of honor (its seriously messed up but its there) and if figured out it could be used against her.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

Looks like we've got plenty of players now on both the Queen and Rebel side. This should begin to get highly interesting.

For some reason... I have a feeling that Roslyn is going to drive Pax completely insane if they ever work together - since patience is a virtue she doesn't even know exists. Haha.

bubby

Kokaine

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 26, 2012, 05:05:16 PM
Welcome Kokaine!

Thank you hun. ^^

Quote from: Veluux on May 26, 2012, 05:08:41 PM
Looks like we've got plenty of players now on both the Queen and Rebel side. This should begin to get highly interesting.

For some reason... I have a feeling that Roslyn is going to drive Pax completely insane if they ever work together - since patience is a virtue she doesn't even know exists. Haha.

HAHA! Should be fun then :P

Quote from: bubby on May 26, 2012, 05:10:22 PM
*Luffs on her Kokaine*

YAY!

*snugs up the Bubby* xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

JDrew Spider

*gathers all her hunters and killers together for a hug*

One big happy family!

Spider Hole
Apologies

Demi

Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

bubby

IN NEED OF A REBEL LEADER!

Everything you need to know about the game is on the first page/post in this thread. The game has already begun but just barely. Come and be a Leader of those trying to eliminate the evil Queen!

We have awesome players! Come join the ranks of AWESOMENESS

/end cheesy recruitment

JDrew Spider

O.O

Our rebel leader bowed out?

*ponders*

Well I welcome all challengers!

Spider Hole
Apologies

Demi

Name: Ts’talla Trheal

Physical Description: 5’2” 127 lbs. A stocky build of solid muscle and never seen without the lower portion of her face concealed.

Affiliation/Title: Queen’s Hunter

History: Born to a small warrior tribe on the very outskirts of Jurad, Ts’talla received the highest honor to be chosen as a student to the tribe’s leader, L’ihaz. She began training before she could speak, given a sword of light wood and instructed on how to properly disarm, maim and—eventually—kill an opponent by the time she was eight. She tortured and killed her first victim, a lone traveler, on her tenth birthday and reveled in the fact that she had proven herself enough to be given the task.

Her tribe was neutral, tucked so far in the corner of the world that neither Rebel nor Queen’s Army had much pull, but Ts’talla had heard of the Queen’s greatness and power and desired to seek the woman out for herself. It was with this goal in mind that Ts’talla, already highly skilled in combat, destined herself to be the best within her tribe. It took years of training, her instructor watching her every move and correcting her up to the last moment, but she finally received the recognition she had been striving for.

Though grateful for all they had taught her, Ts’talla knew that she must meet other opponents, further out in the world, to better hone her skills. On the eve of her 19th birthday, she waited until the timing was perfect, all members of her tribe asleep peacefully in their beds. With steps as silent as breath, Ts’talla killed everyone within the village—including her parents and siblings—to begin her journey across the land without pursuit, determined to make a name for herself and rise among the Queen’s ranks.

Ts’talla was awarded the opportunity when the raid on Svastpool occurred, the young woman offering her services to the Queen when she called for aid. She knew many victories in Svastpool, priding herself on wiping the blooded ground with rebel scum, but did not turn away without the loss of the fleshy tip of her nose from a well-armed foe. She conceals the grotesque scar exposing her nasal cavities, not out of shame, but for the fact that it is too easily recognizable.

At the well-trained age of 33, Ts’talla carries but a single blade, honed and sharpened to a point so fine that it can cleave a man’s skull with one strike. She still yearns to fight her way to the top, determined to get there by any means necessary.

Strengths: Ts’talla’s stocky, well-muscled build provides her quite the upper hand in most hand-to-hand situations, men assuming she is weak due to the fact that she is female. She is quick, agile, and typically moves without making the slightest sound. She is cold, calculating, and has been trained to harbor no emotion through rigorous years of training from childhood. Her devotion to the Queen is unwavering, providing her the strength she needs to complete any task required without question. She is incapable of caring and does not negotiate.

Weaknesses: Ts’talla was trained in close-combat and, although she could certainly handle a long-range weapon if forced, her aim is not the best. When set an assignment, she gains something akin to tunnel vision, and refuses to hear out any other individual until the job is completed, sometimes hindering her ability to see the bigger picture. She is overly competitive, and will not hesitate to kill someone in her path: Even those she should consider her allies. She does not have the ability to feel emotion of any kind.
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

bubby

Veluux

My muse is going to attempt a Water Elemental character sheet for worst-case scenario. I really hope somebody comes along and claims the slot though - since I'm already playing two roles.

AribethAmkiir

I would be interested in the water elemental character if she is still open.  The player list for this game is top notch.

Veluux

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on June 05, 2012, 05:19:16 AM
I would be interested in the water elemental character if she is still open.  The player list for this game is top notch.

^.^ Yay!

Demi

Quote from: Veluux on June 05, 2012, 07:21:39 AM
^.^ Yay!

You're up early. O.O;

**EDIT: And YAY! Aribeth! ;D
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

AribethAmkiir

Name:Nanami Kazusa

Physical Description: Nanami is a young woman with shoulder length dark hair, sun kissed dark skin, and almond colored eyes with epicanthic folds.  Her small frame has an athletic musculature most associated with strong swimmers.  While she is undoubtedly young, her body shows a certain degree of weather wear from the life she has lived.  She often wears men’s clothing and conceals her gender.

Affiliation/Title: Water Elemental

History:Nanami was the second child born in the Kazusa family of Kainishi, a small fishing village along the Estovad Seaside.  Like most in her village, her family was fishermen and from an early age Nanami was expected to contribute.  Like most children in that village, the best way for Nanami to contribute was by diving.  The bounty at the bottom of the lakes, rivers, and sea that surrounded her village was for Nanami and her siblings to harvest.  She collected seaweed, shellfish, lobsters, sea urchins, and even oysters.

While every once in a great while she would discover a pearl, by law all pearls belonged to the Queen and to do anything but hand them over to the Magistrate was considered theft.  It was after her younger sister found a pearl the size of her fist that Nanami’s life began to fall apart.  When they brought the pearl to their father, he believed that the local Magistrate would reward the family since the Queen would be certainly pleased.  When Nanami’s father took the pearl to the Magistrate, and summoned the courage to ask for a reward the Magistrate ordered his hands removed. 

With their father maimed and unable to handle the fishing nets, the primary burden of feeding the family and meeting the village’s quota fell upon her older brother.  At the age of eleven, Nanami began working the fishing boat with her brother.  By tradition, she was still too young to operate the boat alone, and so the family had to scrape by with only a single net in the water.  Four months passed before their father died from infection to his wounds.  Five years later her brother was “enlisted” into the Queen’s army when a rebellious army rose up to the south.  Her brother earned honor for her family when he died in the first wave.

With both of the male members of the family gone, Nanami’s mother had no choice but to look for an alternate life for her daughters.  Nanami’s younger sister was fortunate.  Because of her age and beauty, she was bonded to an Okiya and began training as a Geisha.  Her mother tried to find a good husband for Nanami, but without a dowry few were interested, and those that were Nanami refused to consider.

At the age of sixteen, shortly after her mother passed, Nanami began fending for herself.  She became an urchin, and while many of the villagers took pity upon her and gave her what little they had to spare, many of the more affluent villagers scorned her.  Nanami was resilient though.  She knew how to harvest the sea and river beds, and she knew how to work a net and navigate a boat.  When she discovered that many fishermen wouldn’t hire her because of her gender, she disguised herself as a boy.  She learned how to avoid notice, act meek, and think fluidly.  Most importantly, she learned to survive.

Over the last two years, she has become a type of nomadic fisherman.  She had heard the hurtful things people had said about her so often that she eventually accepted and embraced them.  Those people who called her a thief, she stole from.  The people who called her a liar, she lied to.  Those who showed her kindness, she repaid with hard work and loyalty.

Strengths: Nanami is a hard worker.  She is intelligent, quick, strong willed, and resilient, and is capable of adapting to her situation.  Above all else, Nanami is willing to do what it takes to survive.

Weaknesses: Nanami’s moral compass is a little skewed.  She is, after all, willing to do what it takes to survive.  She has heard the hurtful things people have said about her for so long that she has embraced them.  She is spiteful and vengeful, and once she has made up her mind, she seldom reconsiders her actions.

bubby

Veluux

What is it with the water elemental always being asian. Even the character photo I selected for the role was an asian model. Lol. Anyways... great character. I like that she's not quite a goodly type. It will make things even more interesting than they already are.

Veluux

Quote from: Demi on June 05, 2012, 07:27:07 AM
You're up early. O.O;

My muse generally only surfaces between 8pm and 8am... and his sharpest after midnight. It doesn't matter if I stay up all night or go to bed super early and wake up at 4am, thats when it's happy and productive.  *shrugs* It's not convenient, but most muses aren't. I suppose that's the price I pay for a muse that is almost always consistently available.  X.x

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Veluux on June 05, 2012, 03:19:47 PM
What is it with the water elemental always being asian. Even the character photo I selected for the role was an asian model. Lol. Anyways... great character. I like that she's not quite a goodly type. It will make things even more interesting than they already are.

Not sure Veluux.  When I saw the opening and began reading I immediately thought of a pearl diver.  Than I started researching pearl divers and discovered ama divers.  That's when I decided to fully embrace the idea and run with it.  I'm bubby enjoyed the concept and I'm looking forward to playing.

bubby

As always, I am still looking for Hunters and Rebels.

There is a possibility a couple of the Elementals might be available as well. Fire and Air. Fire MUST be male, Water MUST be female.

Post your interest here folks!

Veluux

I have a character sheet posted for Water Elemental - but haven't started her, and only plan on doing so if nobody is interested in the position. So don't be scared to take it from me. I've already got a couple hunters, as well as the Air mentor - and I'm trying not to take on too much. So come on people. Fire (Male) Air (Female) Water (Female), and rebels and hunters of any gender - as bubby as already said!

This is a REALLY fun game and idea, so those of us who are chilling around while we re-recruit are anxious to get started and back into the fun again!

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

bubby

I'm looking for Fire and Water at this point, Air has been claimed!

Quote from: Muse on June 10, 2012, 02:15:01 PM
  What's it like playing a hunter?

Since we just started playing Muse, it's hard to say? The Hunters I -do- have so far are just.... darkly awesome. Mostly crazy, willing to kill or torture in any wonderful manner. As a Hunter you will get to 'play with your food' as it were. All Elementals and Rebels are aware that they will be messed with....of course not going beyond their personal O/O's!

Muse

*Grins*  That does sound like fun. 

How long do I have to figure out if I'll have time?  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

bubby

Quote from: Muse on June 10, 2012, 11:59:03 PM
*Grins*  That does sound like fun. 

How long do I have to figure out if I'll have time?  :) 

Hell I'll give you 'til next weekend darlin'!

I just posted so it should take that long if not longer for the Hunters I do have to respond. I try not to rush things overly much!

Savant of the Wastes

So. It seems to me you still need a Water Elemental? If you do, I think I've got a fun idea brewing here.

midnight diamond

We do indeed. Keep in mind that the Water Elemental must be female, though. If that's cool with you, post up a character sheet for bubby to peruse!

bubby

Quote from: Savant of the Wastes on June 11, 2012, 09:15:28 PM
So. It seems to me you still need a Water Elemental? If you do, I think I've got a fun idea brewing here.

What midnight said darlin'. Water must be female, but I see from your O/O's you could do that? If you're interested make up a char sheet and post it here.

Shade

Here's my proposed fire elemental. Sorry it took a bit longer than I expected. If something is wrong with him, just let me know bubby.

Name: Korren

Physical Description:

Affiliation/Title: Fire elemental/soon-to-be rebel

History:
Korren's parents were the bakers in the village they lived in. From an early age he liked being around the bakery’s oven, despite his parent’s warnings that it was too hot for him. The heat never bothered him. He actually found it comforting. As he got older, he started helping out at the bakery, working in back with the oven as much as possible.

Korren did not have many friends growing up. When he was about 9, some older kids started to pick on him. They soon found out that Korren had a pretty explosive temper and was pretty scrappy. By the time the fight was broken up, two of the kids had black eyes, and another had a tooth knocked out. But Korren was worse off, getting some cracked ribs.  After that, most kids stayed away from him, afraid of his temper.  Those who did approach him were usually trying to pick a fight to prove how tough they were. Even though he did his best to control his temper, more often than not they would get to him and get the fight they wanted.

Strengths:
Korren has a lot of experience with hand to hand combat from all of the fights he has been in. His fighting style is brutal and efficient (some would call it dirty), as he tries to end fights as quickly as he can to avoid injury himself. 
Weaknesses:
Despite his efforts, Korren is extremely prone to anger, easy to goad. This, combined with his usual level of impulsiveness can cause him to get in over his head before he realizes how much trouble he is in.

bubby

Savant of the Wastes

Name: Myrra Barros

Physical Description: Myrra has a tall, curvy build. She's not too muscular, but she walks with a certain strong, bombastic attitude. You get the feeling that she'll plow through you if you don't move aside. She holds herself similarly, her stance just displaying confidence and strength. She's got fair hair and vivid, green eyes. She's got a touch of the sun on her skin and hair, she's certainly spent some time outdoors, but not all too much of it.

Affiliation/Title: Water Elemental

History: Myrra's life has been, in her words, boring. Tedious. Pointless. Eighteen years of time wasted. Born and raised in the thriving port town of Roshad, she's always felt held back, that she could do more. Her parents worked as mildly successful merchant, so while she never lacked for anything, she was always left wanting more. Growing up, she was more amused by the men of her town than attracted to them. They all seemed so... Regular, weak, unassuming. She felt like she could outpace them all, with the chance. But she still hasn't gotten that chance.

Now that she's turning eighteen, Myrra is feeling even more frustrated. Working as a barmaid in a local inn, the most exciting thing she's ever done is throw a drink in a man's face, (though she does do that fairly regularly). Her free time she spends looking out at the ocean, or climbing up high to see out oto the distance. She's desperate for a chance to -do- something with her life. To find a destiny that she deserves. She feels like she's better than the life she's got right now.

Strengths: Myrra is a very determined and opinionated woman. She's perfectly willing to barrel over anyone that gets in her way. She's clever as well, if she gets it into her head, she'll find a way to get what she wants.

Weaknesses: Part and parcel with her strengths though, is a stubborn streak a mile wide. She belligerently refuses to back down from anything, until it's vanishingly obvious that she's in the wrong.

bubby

She looks good to me Savant!

Go ahead and post her in the char thread here.. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139933.0

Then introduce yourself in the OOC here! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139956.0

On the very first post of the OOC are ALL the game links you will need to bookmark. You can post an intro in the Water Region (Estovad) whenever you're ready. The main thing I ask you to remember is that your mentor is a Extreme pacifist. I suggest you read DudelRok's char sheet so you'll know what your mentor is like.

If you have ANY questions feel free to PM me, and welcome to the game!!

LimitlessNikkie

Looks like an interesting game. It looks like rebels and hunters are still open is that right?

bubby

NIKKIE!! *Glomps*

Yes indeed, rebels and Hunters are still open! Things are a bit slow at the moment because people who are in summer school(Seriously? Summer school was a PUNISHMENT when I was young!!  ::) ) are doing finals right now. Like TB, it's been established as a slow but steady game. But you know I'd love to have you!

LimitlessNikkie

*huggles the Bubby*

Slow games are right in my wheel house right now.

I was thinking something like a rebel spy working as a hunter for the queen. Or I could do something a bit more standard and go with a rebel. Thoughts?

bubby

Though the rebel spy is a nifty idea, I don't think it would work well with the story we have. So a basic rebel would be great!

LimitlessNikkie

Okie dokie. I'll start working on something, see what I come up with.

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

LimitlessNikkie

Name: Bella
Physical Description: Small standing at only 5'4. She is extremely slender and delicately built she looks like a stiff wind could blow her away though there is a great deal of strength hidden there. She has honey blond hair and large startling blue eyes.
Affiliation/Title: Rebel
History: Bella was a rebel from the day she was born it seems like sometimes. She really knew no other life. She was born into a small village in Tiskele what was more like a gypsy camp then a real village. For the most part in her early life the politics of the world never touched her. She learned to dance and juggle, to use a small knife in defense and a bow to hunt(though she wasn't good at it). She was seven when the queens army was spotted on the horizon. By the end of the day her whole life had shifted.

Her village fought against the queen because though she hadn't understood it then the adult had been rebels hiding from the queen, part of a moving a shifting supply train they were supplying the rebel army with food and supplies so they were better ale to fight against the queen. Many died in the fight but Bella was luck enough that she lost no one close to her. Though her mother, a woman who never had a stomach for fighting, left after that leaving the rebellion and her behind.

Her father raised her after that, teaching her all the things she needed to know and her step mother a woman who unlike her mother had been was strong and sure of purpose took young Bella under her wing teaching her how being a woman was an asset instead of a deficit and how to use her natural charms. She became an interesting cross of erratic and stead fast, playful and pissy. She is mercurial in temperament and hard to handle by most.

At sixteen she left her fathers small operation for something bigger. More accurately she was being sent away. She'd pissed off too many of the men with her teasing taunting nature and her father was having a hard time handling the head strong girl who often defied him in favor of her own pleasures. He hoped under the command of someone else she would learn the obedience she now lacked having always been under the command of his soft hand.

Strengths: A skilled knife fighter Bella is remarkable fast and agile with a great deal of dexterity able to move in near silents even in the toughest of terrains. She can throw her knives with a great deal of accuracy and is best at close in stealth. She can use a rapier but prefers not to not liking the size of it and a bow though her accuracy isn't the best. She's a good horse woman, can live off the land if needed, can set traps and is a skilled seductress able to use her femininity and beauty to disarm her opponent (and some times her allies ::)).

Weaknesses:With a quick fire temper Bella is prone to outburst, she's also distracted easily. She has very little respect for authority and often does as she pleases. Her youth makes her head strong and arrogant and gives her a 'super man' complex she never thinks she's really in any kind of danger. She's so often escaped with her life it's hard to believe she might actually die.

bubby

Love her!

If you scroll down a few posts you'll find the char thread and the OOC thread links. Bookmark! Introduce yourself in the OOC, and on the first page are all the related story links. Be sure and bookmark them all, because eventually something will be happening in all!

Thanks for joining and welcome to our game!

LimitlessNikkie

DigitLninja

any chance that an assassin turned rebel would be an acceptable character... he would still kill any target he was assigned to take down, but he would be leaving bit's of information around for anyone to discover, in hopes of helping to end the Queen's reign.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

bubby

Quote from: DigitLninja on June 18, 2012, 03:15:22 PM
any chance that an assassin turned rebel would be an acceptable character... he would still kill any target he was assigned to take down, but he would be leaving bit's of information around for anyone to discover, in hopes of helping to end the Queen's reign.

The way I have the game going, there are no permanent 'turncoats'. Especially from Hunter to Rebel. The Queen is too powerful and has been in Power too long to not have only the most loyal at her side.

Now... with that being said...if you are willing to have that sort of char found out and eventually smacked around and killed, you are more then welcome to make a char like that. I'm actually rather partial to disposable Hunters... >:)

DigitLninja

I might be willing to let my character die... However I want to make sure of something, even if this Assassin were to drop little pieces of paper with a piece of a map, or the name of a location of something important, just randomly drop them in the street every so often and be entirely loyal at all other times, that wouldn't be acceptable?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

bubby

Quote from: DigitLninja on June 18, 2012, 04:50:15 PM
I might be willing to let my character die... However I want to make sure of something, even if this Assassin were to drop little pieces of paper with a piece of a map, or the name of a location of something important, just randomly drop them in the street every so often and be entirely loyal at all other times, that wouldn't be acceptable?

No hun, sorry. I have a way I want the Hunters to be, and that is utterly loyal.

DigitLninja

alright, well I'm going to keep working on a character as there's nothing posted that I really want to be... I'll get back to you. ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Love And Submission

So I'm interested in playing a rebel blacksmith which leads to my question , how do you feel about Rebels having suits of armor? A rebellious black knight of sorts.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

bubby

Quote from: DigitLninja on June 19, 2012, 05:45:37 AM
alright, well I'm going to keep working on a character as there's nothing posted that I really want to be... I'll get back to you. ^^

Oky-dokey! Thanks for the interest!

Quote from: DTW on June 19, 2012, 06:17:37 AM
So I'm interested in playing a rebel blacksmith which leads to my question , how do you feel about Rebels having suits of armor? A rebellious black knight of sorts.

I don't have a problem with armor.

spooky

Hey hey this looks fun, and I'd love to make disposable rebels (hunters, messengers, counselors..etc.) . I use plural because I'm pretty sure they won't last long and if I want to continue playing I'd be making them a lot. 200 years in charge... probably has a knack for finding the stupid in people.

Can I join?
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

bubby

Quote from: spooky on June 20, 2012, 04:04:19 AM
Hey hey this looks fun, and I'd love to make disposable rebels (hunters, messengers, counselors..etc.) . I use plural because I'm pretty sure they won't last long and if I want to continue playing I'd be making them a lot. 200 years in charge... probably has a knack for finding the stupid in people.

Can I join?

Disposable is good in this game, if you don't mind making new chars all the time.

Be sure to read though the first post I made here about the game. If you're still interested after that, go ahead and make a char sheet and put it up here for approval!

spooky

Lady Lunarius

Name: Nouvie

Association: Wander/Rebel

History: The Plains of Tiskele were never a place for someone like Nouvie. She knew it, there was so much more out there to learn about, to see. Her dream, it would be lived out it would be reached. Ever since childhood she found herself tethered, allowed only to see what her father would have her see. Her mother, the cause for her daughters near imprisonment, was no where to be found. As curious as her mother, her father feared he'd lose the only thing the woman had given him if he allowed her to venture on her own.

Though not rich by any means, he held many sums that allowed for him to live just above his status, and thus allowed for him to hire guards to protect his assets. His daughter included. When Nouvie was sixteen her father allowed her to roam in some nearby fields, a guard in tow. The man was gentle, kind, and in Nouvie's impressionable mind; in love with her and she with him. Their talks grew long and her wants were his to know. Their romance grew, and their love began to grow more as they talked on leaving, running away. Most the idea's coming from Nouvie.

It was the night of her first kiss, her first feeling of a man's hand upon her body, her hips, her entire being. Somehow her father had found out about it, and shattered it before she was "ruined". Her fantasies and desires were all uprooted and torn away from her as she watched the life leave the eyes of the man who'd given her more than anyone. Her innocence shattered, Nouvie tried on multiple occasions to flee, to run and live her own life. However after the sixth attempt she found herself tethered to her bed by her ankle. Just enough chain to allow her a view from the window, to weep the freedom she was denied.

There were times where she could nearly talk the guards into freeing her but her father always found out about it. Suitors who watched her in her window would come but were turned away by her father. He could not lose the one person that reminded him of her mother. It was just a week after her 18th birthday that she awoke with a strange feeling rushing through her. As she moved to slip from beneath her covers she let out a soft squeal as her body brushed the cieling of her bedroom.

Her body immediately dropped to the floor, and footsteps could be heard. Unsure of what had happened she tried to go along with the worry that was flooding the household from the noise of her dropping to the floor.  Unsure of what it was, she begged her luck not to leave her as the men rushed in, her father behind them his eyes searching the room.

She wimpred and pleaded, her eyes wide with fear as she tugged at the chain on her ankle. She begged to be unchained, telling them of a man who'd been in her room, who'd leapt from the window, which she always kept open for the wind helped her to sleep in the night. Reluctant at first, her father ordered the men to search the grounds, leaving one with her. She begged and pleaded with her guard to release her chains, her tears thick as her lies. Finally the man succumbed and unchained her.

Just then a gust of air rushed, knocking him back. Her body felt lighter and the noise had attracted the attention of the guards outside who rushed inside. Looking around, Nouvie limped to the window, her ankle sore from the leather that had been wrapped around it, rubbing it raw. Grabbign a dress she jumped her prayers with whatever magic had awoken. In her mind it was a handsome prince of the air that had sought to free her. As her body fell to the earth, she begged for it to slow her and a gentle breeze seemed to blow her to the ground and onto her feet.

Pulling herself onto one of the guards horses she pushed the beast hard, letting it take her as far as possible, but the poor beast could not keep up with her pace she drove it out and died within a few days. It was then Nouvie realized she had no clue as to where she was, and the excitement seemed to well up inside her. Soon she started to wander, eating what little rations were in the horse saddle.

She tried to stay from the towns but there were days where she was too hungry to pick strange berries some of which often made her sick. In some of the towns she embraced the pity of the innkeepers, spinning tales about her parents deaths, and their lives. Though she did learn quickly freedom wasn't all it had been in her mind. Especially when the nights grew cold, and the wind seemed to be her only protection.

Strengths: Unusually quick on her feet, Nouvie can out run quite a few animals,  At times she's found herself able to float in the air, or deflect objects thrown at her with the help of whatever powers she can control but even then it seems to have a mind of its own, which frightens her to some degree.

Weaknesses: Often flighty, and a bit naive, Nouvie's sheltered personality often is easily seen. She tends to have a harsh temper, many times as sharp as the wind and nearly as dangerous. Due to her sheltered life she has no real understanding on just what her powers mean, nor does she realize the truth that they hold. The truth that while she's free of her father for now, she has no other means of defending herself as she was never raised to wield a weapon.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

spooky

Would you have an issue if my expendable characters didn't have an extremely in depth background and such? I won't mind writing them but it'd be a lot less work if I didn't expend too much on the dead.

spooky

Name: Xansus Bant
Physical Description: Xansus is a grim figure standing 6'3" at 210 lbs. He has a body of lean corded muscle and scared flesh. His face sports a single long slash from his left temple to his right cheek. His hair is shoulder length, black and wavy. He carries a long sword strapped across his back, the edge chipped from battle but keen as the day it was forged.His normal daily wear as one of the hunters is a common black traveling cloak over a black tunic and black pants. He keeps his hands gloved to hide the scars and his hood up hiding the his scared face and piercing green eyes.
Affiliation/Title:Queen/ Hunter and Assassin
History: Xansus was born beneath the shadow of the Queen's keep. His father and his father's father all served as guards, hunters and assassins for the sake of the Queen's peace. His mother died at his birth and his rearing was a brutal combination of training, drunken beatings and tales of the glory of the Queen... and her beauty and grace. From early on in his life he had grown to love the queen for no reason other then his father's love for the woman. In the eyes of those around him she was goddess and rightful ruler. That was all Xansus believed in, until he came of age and enlisted his blade to her cause.

In the years he served the Queen,he mindlessly slaughtered her enemies and destroyed those that even slightly question her law. Xansus had raided suspected villages in the night and burned the corpses of women children, of old and of the frail. As a hunter and a killer living in the shadow of his queen Xansus covered his soul in blood, guilt and innocents a thought left to the Queen and her alone. Though, after a time Xansus felt a slight tremble in his heart for the life a budding young girl of 19. His hand stayed and he killed his brothers at arms for her protection as well as his own. His report was that he met with suprising resistance and the greenhorns he had set out with fell in battle, a common tale. Now Xansus attempts merely to keep his disloyalty silenced and his blood cold in the presence of his fellows.
Strengths:Level headed, skilled in stealth, assassination, and swordplay as well as relatively intelligent.
Weaknesses:Has a hard time controlling his demeanor in the presence of what he considers unjustified killing, is slowly starting to doubt his queen, and his purpose in her service.

bubby

Spooky, he works just fine. Scroll down a bit to reply #167, you'll find the char thread link, and put him there!

Welcome to the game!

On that same post is the OOC thread link. Introduce yourself there, then go to the first post of that thread, where you'll find all the game thread links. Bookmark them all, because you'll need to keep up with what's going on in all spots.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

JS Rogers

Would you be willing to have a telekinetic warlock who works for the Queen, in the game?
LIST OF CHARACTERS;
Name:
Description:

Starlequin

Sorry mate, but it looks like you found the old recruiting thread. The game has since been rebooted and the new recruiting thread can be viewed here. Our beyond-words awesome GM may or may not be accepting new players, but you're totally welcome to check it out.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.