News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

You all need to be watching Yuri Kuma Arashi. It is several levels of fucked up with double and triple meanings and so many goddamn bear puns.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zeth

Quote from: NicciKotor on February 11, 2015, 10:55:13 PM
You all need to be watching Yuri Kuma Arashi. It is several levels of fucked up with double and triple meanings and so many goddamn bear puns.

SOLD! I'm going to watch it.

NicciKotor

How far did ya get?

Zeth

I just finished Episode 1. I won't describe it so not to spoil, but even by anime standards that show is damn weird.

Cayenne

I watched episode one as well, and it explains what is going on, but at the same time overall I can't help but think "What the heck is going on..."~
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Dimir

I need a new anime recommendation while I watch Fairy Tail. A romance, drama and/or magical girl the,ed anime that isn't overly well known. Can be anything. ^^
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zeth on February 12, 2015, 10:05:57 PM
I just finished Episode 1. I won't describe it so not to spoil, but even by anime standards that show is damn weird.

Nothing at all weird about The Severance Court.

GanonDwarf

I'm watching Gundam Build Fighters Try, and I never thought I'd like a Gundam anime this much! It's great! I'm only on episode 9 though.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Zeth

Quote from: Cayenne on February 12, 2015, 10:15:09 PM
I watched episode one as well, and it explains what is going on, but at the same time overall I can't help but think "What the heck is going on..."~

Episode 2 explains some of it from the bears point of view. You understand more but still get the "What the heck is going on feeling..." They also give you a twist toward the end.

Sasquatch421

Finished watching Kampfer... Quite an interesting series and they did some fun things if you watched the background. Now working on the second season of D. Grey-man....

Sasquatch421

she double post, but we need to get this thread of anime goodness back on track! I finished Soul Eater, which I enjoyed as well as Ragnarok the Animation, Freezing and High School DxD New... I'm now working on the first season of Tsubasa, The musical score is great and the story is extremely touching. It's enough to bounce it up to number 2 on my top anime list. Number 1 will always be Vision of Escaflowne and the Full Metals are now number 3...,

Cayenne

I just finished "Your life in April" and yanno, cried some , now I'm casually watching Fairy tail, which makes me want to roleplay in that world~
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Zeth

I'm towards the end of Samurai Chlampoo. It is fun and the hip hop references are cool.

Sabby

So... Terraformars. That manga I'm only vaguely familiar with thanks to racist internet memes. I saw that it got turned into an anime and was curious, so I looked into it a bit. Seemed interesting, so I loaded the first episode on Crunchyroll (I got the trial just for this, most of the stuff on the front page looked pretty unappealing) and I'm half way through.

So... it can't be THAT racist, right? I mean, surely this is just another case of the internet being hyperbolic and selective, right?

There is a blond German man named Adolf. He is not a villain.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Sabby on March 23, 2015, 02:28:17 PM
So... Terraformars. That manga I'm only vaguely familiar with thanks to racist internet memes. I saw that it got turned into an anime and was curious, so I looked into it a bit. Seemed interesting, so I loaded the first episode on Crunchyroll (I got the trial just for this, most of the stuff on the front page looked pretty unappealing) and I'm half way through.

So... it can't be THAT racist, right? I mean, surely this is just another case of the internet being hyperbolic and selective, right?

There is a blond German man named Adolf. He is not a villain.

What ruined it for me was the way the human cockroaches look.... like offensive black stereotypes....yeaahhh....

Its my fault I admit cause I went into it expecting Starship Troopers.

Sabby

Oh, I wanted to post them, but the sensible part of my brain fought through the sleep deprivation and said to let someone else do it. The few pages from the manga that tend to circulate are just below ironic levels of racism.

I have to admit though, I do like the designs. Did they change? Because the manga looks like they can smile, but in the anime, they don't seem physically capable of emoting, or even blinking, which is... terrifying. Once you get past the 'this is what an openly racist science fiction writer would draw in the 1930s' vibe, it can be kind of creepy. A lot of people try to do it, but I don't often see the emotionless robotic killer thing done well.

This might turn out okay.

Cayenne

I'm not super into bleak anime, so in, I watched like one or two episodes of Terra Formars before I gave up on it entirely.  I'd not seen the racist-ness of it when I watched it, but after having it pointed out and seeing various images of the manga I can kinda not unsee it.   Even though there are people of all races apparently represented in the manga - from what I've read (Now that I went down the well some)

ONs & OFF

Lustful Bride

Actually after reading the manga some more....im actually enjoying it in a strange way, looking past eh weird bug design I'm actually enjoying it. Not perfect but il keep reading. Though I honestly keep thinking with all the character deaths going on it might as well be the Mobile Infantry fighting bugs on Mars X3

Drake Valentine

This season anime isn't all that great sadly, last season wasn't much either.

Only good series that held my interest had been Argvolennian(sp), Aldnoah Zero(which is soon to be ending), Parayste(Soon to be ending -sigh- damn that was a good one), World Trigger(not sure of its episode count, but I wouldn't be surprise to see a pause to it since animes do that around 24,) Kuroko's Basketball(new season,)

And sadly I think that is it. Fafner Ed-whatever was okay. World Break was alright, but not my cup of tea. Testament of Sister Devil or whatever was alright, might been better in my book without censorship. Then again it was also overly sextize.

Right now I am watching Magic Kaito 1412. Though series was bit confusing, one one episode the cameo Case Close kid that pop up look like he was grown up and in the next few episodes he is a kid again?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

yugi006

The wiki page for World Trigger says 50 episodes which I kind of expecting with how the show is going and wouldn't make sense to just pause it but if that happens though I expect it to resume in the fall season.

Something I would recommend is Nanatsu no Taizai which premiered last season and ending next week. Great show.

CaptainNexus616

So lately I have been contemplating on watching Fairy Tail. I tried watching the first episode since Youtube offered it in both dub and sub, I really didn't find it that appealing really. Plus I keep hearing people say it really picks up after you watch like 20 episodes into it. Something that I really cannot see myself spending that much time especially after coming off Gurren Lagann that did so much in just less than 30.

So I am going to ask you all. Is Fairy Tail worth the investment???
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Drake Valentine

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on March 23, 2015, 11:57:40 PM
So lately I have been contemplating on watching Fairy Tail. I tried watching the first episode since Youtube offered it in both dub and sub, I really didn't find it that appealing really. Plus I keep hearing people say it really picks up after you watch like 20 episodes into it. Something that I really cannot see myself spending that much time especially after coming off Gurren Lagann that did so much in just less than 30.

So I am going to ask you all. Is Fairy Tail worth the investment???

Depends on how you weigh worth the investment. It has its fair share of fillers(most of which are later in series, most of which I skipped watching by looking at episode lists for anime of filler and nonfiller episodes.)  But I don't believe it overstretches filler episodes. In fact, I think there were only two streams of fillers down the line of five-seven episode role, but those can just as easily be skipped and nothing of major importance will be missed. I know the mirror thing for Lucy was a filler arc later in series, which was pretty lengthy one in that '5-7+' episode range.  But I wouldn't consider it having as many fillers as Bleach(most of that anime is filler) or Naruto(good portion of that series is filler) and I know One Piece was pretty bad with some lengthy filler series(but then again, that anime is probably second longest right behind Case Closed)

I actually stopped watching Fairy Tail, not that it was bad, just that, my interest tends to waver with longer run series. I had to force myself to catch up on Shippuden series. Not touching Bleach cause that anime is nothing but a clusterfuck hence its inevitable stopping in production that and the driving of fillers didn't do it much justice either. One Piece I strayed from as well, but only given the sheer amount of episodes it has and that it is still in continuation so, naaah. Was fun watching it, but I am sure with its close to 700 episodes they should of found the One Piece thirty times by now.

It has its action moments, comical ones. I would generally recommend watching sub versions over dubs any day since from personal experience, lot of the dub acting is just bad and takes away from character. Though there are rare instances dub is better than sub as well, I actually prefer Kenshin dub over subs(cause he sound too squeaky/girly.)

I thought it picked up within the first ten episodes honestly.

Then again, I can't say I was big fan of Gurren Lagann. If you are going for mecha anime there are better(in my opinion) ones out there. Code Geass. Argevollian, Aldnoah Zero, Vandread, Buddy Complex(though they ended it prematurely given lack of sells. *Sigh*) and there was some more recent(ended) one of Samurai Era with mechs, can't remember its name. All the episodes were listed by tarot card names.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Cayenne

I liked Fairy Tail within the first episode - and eventually started reading the manga which sort of killed my desire to come back to the anime (Since reading manga is so much faster) The problem is though, I stopped reading the manga because basically it just one catastrophe after the next, there is little to no time between massive disasters for characters to grow outside of being pummeled to death.  That is, I suppose where the anime does better - since it basically has filler between major arcs that I feel act as something of a palette cleanser.

Also, unlike a lot of the anime of its type, there are many powerful female characters of whom, stand shoulder to shoulder with the strongest of the world and aren't just around as general foils for the guys on their trek to god-dom.   It is funny and silly, serious and sincere.  All and all I always found it a superior series to a lot of the other shounen things being presented.

Also, celtic music for butt kick'n is pretty great.

ONs & OFF

ultraperv9000

I may need to check out Fairy Tail the anime!

I'm in the middle of Ergo Proxy right now, and thoroughly enjoying it. People kept telling me that it's really hard to understand, but as far as I know, I'm enjoying it, and following it well so far.

Dimir

Fairy Tail is awesome. ^^

My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0