Dragon Age (Update - 2 spots open)

Started by Crowe, November 03, 2011, 01:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowe

UPDATE:
((2 spots opened. See this thread about joining))

I'm thinking of doing a story about dragon hunters from Nevarra investigating the Drakes Fall area for news of new dragons rising.

I plan on playing a female Rogue with a shady past.

Let me know if you are interested or if you have any idead. Thanks :-)

Status Update:

Quote"In 8:99 Blessed, dragons devastate the countrysides in Orlais and Nevarra, and all attempts to slay them end in disaster. As the Blessed Age draws to a close, they name the Dragon Age, saying that it will be an age of violence and upheaval."

^ This is the premise of the RP, really. The Pentaghast clan hear rumors of Drakes Fall being active again and decide to send a small group of dragon hunters to find out the truth.

They don't speak much of what's going on in Ferelden during the second game. So it could be during the first game and the Blight, which will make things more interesting out on the road instead of just walking and walking and walking.

FazzEagle

Ooooh I'm a big Dragon Age fan but I've never RPed in the setting. I could give this a try if you'd have me.

Crowe

Of course. I will make a profile and formal background once there's at least two people interested. I just want to make sure that if there's any idea you guys want implemented that we can.

Do you have anything in mind?

FazzEagle

Hmm Well, I can't say much at the moment, but will we be adding story elements that already passed in the game? Like the Grey Wardens and the Hero of Kirkwall?

Crowe

I think it should be either before the events of the first game or after Awakening. But I'm open to suggestions.

FazzEagle

I think Dragons were more rare before the first game, right? But I do like the setting of the first game - with the Grey Wardens and those Undeads and all. It'd be easier to move around with the story because we do know what will happen in the future as well. After Awakening is also good, but I'm not sure where to go from there once they find the Dragons.

Crowe

"In 8:99 Blessed, dragons devastate the countrysides in Orlais and Nevarra, and all attempts to slay them end in disaster. As the Blessed Age draws to a close, they name the Dragon Age, saying that it will be an age of violence and upheaval."

^ This is the premise of the RP, really. The Pentaghast clan hear rumors of Drakes Fall being active again and decide to send a small group of dragon hunters to find out the truth.

They don't speak much of what's going on in Ferelden during the second game. So it could be during the first game and the Blight, which will make things more interesting out on the road instead of just walking and walking and walking.

FazzEagle

Yeah, gotta love the first game's whole storyline. Well, whichever way you decide this RP will go, I'll try to work around it with a character lol Though I do hope it's in a familiar setting cause I didn't exactly bothered to read through the history articles you find in the game lol

Crowe

hehe, don't worry, that quote is the only piece of history needed to know to play. I think we'll start the RP already in Ferelden so we don't have to make up what Nevarra is like. I'll even try to get a map of Ferelden on the OOC thread once its made so people who don't remember or aren't familiar with the place don't have a rough time getting around.

I already have a character sheet ready, but I'll post it in the OOC thread later when there's at least one more person aboard. If there's no interest from others we could start it ourselves and whoever wants to join later can be added companions like in the game where they join the group during the adventure instead of at the beginning.

FazzEagle

Alright, fair enough lol I do prefer being in Group RPs though (though maximum of 4 should be fine) so I hope there will be others who will be interested.

At the meantime I'll probably go play the game again just so I could get the 'feeling' again lol

Crowe

Cool. I played it recently, which is where I got the idea. I'm going to replay DAII now  :P

MiaKage

I'm interested if you'll have me  :-)

On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Crowe

Sure thing. If you have any ideas you want to throw in, go ahead. I'm open to suggestions!  ;D

MiaKage

Yay! If i think of anything I'll be sure to bring it up. Just to give a little warning, this will pretty much be my first time doing a roleplay on a forum, so I apologize in advance if I have a little bit of a rocky start. I assure you that I catch on quickly though!  ;D
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

FazzEagle

This would be my first time Role playing in a Dragon Age setting lol So do expect some mistakes here and there, but I'll do what I can not to. I think I will be playing a Human Swordsman because that was the class I'm used to.

Crowe

Don't worry about it, I won't go crazy about everything having to be perfect, hehe. It's all in fun, so we'll just roll with it  :D

And if you guys need any sort of help, about RPing or the setting itself, don't hesitate to ask me.

Are you guys comfortable with me starting the OOC thread? The final companion could join us along the way, like he/she was a scout and was waiting up ahead.

FazzEagle

Crowe

I don't mean to sound impatient. It's just that I've seen many RPs die withougt ever having started because people lost interest while waiting for everything to come together perfectly before starting. Still, I'm hoping we'll get the last party member while putting up our own characters. Once we get under way, things will flow naturaly, I think.

MiaKage

That's understandable

I'm comfortable with you starting the OOC thread :D
On/Off

FazzEagle

Yeah, I'm worried about too 'cause honestly I've left some RPs due to some unwanted circumstances, but with around four RPers (hopefully) the RP will be able to get going even if one person is behind

Crowe

FazzEagle

Alright, saw it. Will work on a character as soon as possible.

Crowe

Go ahead and post your profiles when you're ready and then I'll paste them to the characters list on the first page so they're all together. If you make (or need to make) changes (and you're not approved yet) let me know.  ;D

FazzEagle

Done xD I was surprised your character also had the 'ability to sense Dragons' like I had planned for my character. For all we know we had the same idea why they are able to xD

Crowe

I read it and it's really cool ;D

I think it will be fun to develop these characters. Oh, and I will add a link to the Drake's Fall area to the OOC thread.